Pine Forest Golf Club

Carts: Yes - 1/2 cart included in green fee

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near the airport   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries narrow fairways   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

DirtyDave114's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

"Enjoyment"

Kyle4137965's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018

Always have fun playing there, everyone is friendly, course has challenging holes, will always return

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 07/08/2018:

Hi Kyle4137965, we appreciate the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub!

"Very nice course"

mjs567's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

I can tell they are making changes ie: rolling the greens and planting new sod where needed.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/28/2018:

Hi mjs567, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about our improving course conditions. Our staff is working hard to improve the overall experience at Pine Forest Golf Club. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks again for playing!

"Nice course, uncut Fairways & Greens"

ekiwaki's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

I've played twice recently (a Sat & Sun) at Pine Forest, and the Greens are PAINFULLY SLOW, due to being left shaggy. Also the fairways are not cut often enough to be true fairways... overall cheapness & maintenance neglect at this course. It's too bad, due to a challenging layout with interesting views & elevation changes. Please do better new management!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/28/2018:

Hi ekiwaki, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations. Our staff is working diligently to improve the conditions of the course, so we hope you consider returning for another round soon! Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

iamtee2green's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/19/2018:

Hi iamtee2green, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

"Worth the drive"

redhots69's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

I had to drive about 50 miles to play here. Between hurricanes ,drought and fires the area has had its problems. However conditions were better than expected. Lots of t boxes allow each player to pick a comfortable distance. Picturesque layout. I only had to issues. Many t boxes were very unlevel but most of all.the greens were ridiculously SLOW ! they held a shot but were close to being unputtable.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

Hi redhots69, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

"Good conditions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

Much better condition than the last time I played there a month ago. While not in great shape, you can see a lot of work being done to make it better. My hats off!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/22/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about you round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club!

"You can't beat Pine Forest"

GISJohnECS's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Pick your shots and enjoy the view, great course in a beautiful area. Course took a hit late winter as the greens struggled to recover from some serious cold, they have since made a strong comeback with great ground management

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/04/2018:

Hi GISJohnECS, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

"A great value tucked in the piney hills"

Kenneth4442072's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

I enjoyed my time playing the course , in fact everything was fantastic from the fabulous course layout , friendly staff with good breakfast tacos , to the people we met on the course. My only problem was the pace of a foursome who somehow did not understand the simplest rule of golf, if others are playing faster you can let them play through . other than that like Arnold would say" I'll be back".

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 05/31/2018:

Hi Kenneth4442072, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

"Don’t WALK this 11 mile hill country track!"

Philip8576819's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Still one of our favorites after more than 30 years. While the greens and fairways can always use more water (it IS Texas, after all) the vistas, wonderful hole layouts and great use of topography make this the best deal around. But bring your own beer cooler, they have no alcohol license. But the snacks and food values are crazy good - tasty and cheap!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/01/2018:

Hi Philip8576819, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. Our staff is working hard to bring the conditions of the course back up to par, so we hope to see you again soon to take advantage of the improvements. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club!

"Challenging round."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

Great course layout. Some of the greens were a little tired. Loved number 11...200 yds across a canyon to the fairway! Staff outstanding. Can't wait to play there again.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 05/21/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 05/14/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry about the course conditions. Our staff is currently working hard to bring them back up to par. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

"Very fun"

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Even though there were many poor reviews on this course, we decided to give it a try and hope for the best. I've played all over Texas and this has been one of my favorite courses thus far. Though some greens are in poor shape, the majority of the course was very nice and green. Elevation changes on almost every hole make it a very fun challenge, and the views are outstanding. Moral of the story, No one writes a bad review unless they've had a bad game, so don't rely on them so heavily. Awesome course and will be back very soon. P.S. bring your own beer.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 05/14/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a kind review! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Our staff is currently working on the conditions of our greens, so we are expecting improvements soon. We hope to see you again for another round! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

"What Happen????"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

First time to play Pine Forest in 2018....I have played this course for many years and never seen the greens this bad. They were absolutely horrible....Many had more bare spots than grass..#1 green even had a 4' x 4' gouge...please, at least level it out...Drove from Houston to play with a friend....very disappointed....If you have a greenskeeper, I would fire hem...If not, please get one...

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 05/14/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to par. Our staff is currently working hard on the conditions of the course and we appreciate your patience during the transition time. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

"putting at the beach"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

I play this course often, and the last few months the greens have been terrible. The rest of the course is in decent shape. I will continue to play here because it is close, and I can book online fairly cheap, but will be branching out more often due to the green conditions.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 05/02/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and apologize that the conditions of the greens weren't up to your expectations. Our staff is currently working hard to improve the conditions of the course. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 04/23/2018:

Hi don737363, we appreciate your 4-star review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

"Live in Tahitian Village"

victorglenn's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Good price to play but Course is in horrible shape, literally horrible! Friendly staff always and a great burger .

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 04/23/2018:

Hi victorglenn, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and apologize the course conditions weren't up to expectations. Our staff is working hard to bring them back up to par. We're happy to hear the positive feedback about our staff and grill room. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hi Kyle8014154, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and apologize they weren't up to par during your round. Our staff is working hard to improve the conditions after a long winter. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

"i will return to play again!"

Kenneth4442072's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

This was my first time playing the course , the layout is outstanding and challenging with differing elevations and angles making the course a treat. I'm hoping the owners will never change this , the staff are great, going out of their way to assist you for even the smallest request.

As I mentioned i will return to play again.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hi Kenneth4442072, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are looking forward to your next round with us! Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

"Not Ready For Prime Time (or any time)"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

Apparently it's way too early in the season for this course to play well - in our opinion, this course shouldn't be open in it's current condition. Some fairways were covered with a heavy mix of clover and course grass; couldn't distinguish difference between fairway and rough! Lots of "potholes" and rough spots. And when I called to ask about course condition a few days before our scheduled game, the clubhouse forgot to mention all of the greens would be freshly sanded! This course has some potential, but it needs a lot of work to make it playable, much less enjoyable. Wasn't worth the 3 hour flight or the 1 hour drive. Very disappointing!!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 04/12/2018:

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and apologize they weren't up to expectations during your round. Our staff is working hard to bring them back up to par as the weather warms up. We appreciate you giving us a shot and hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.