Eagle Pointe Golf Club

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Green (W) 71 5927 yards 68.0 116

"A gem, as always!"

CharlieM62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I live about 45 min away so I play here 4-5 times a year. Course is in great shape, as usual. My first time to play after turning 55 so moved up to the green tees. Since I'm not a bomber, moving up makes the course lot more manageable. Watch the hidden creek on 16, from the tee not visible. And the water on the left at 18 is closer than you think! Again, a favorite of mine, top notch course.

Commented on 05/24/2018

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for writing us a review. It's great to hear you enjoy our course so much. We appreciate you continuously visiting us throughout the years. Please stop by soon!

"Great Course"

msmithcsrs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

The course is well-maintained, in excellent condition with enough variation in hole design to keep play interesting. The slope rating from the blue tees tells the story of its difficulty. Unless your really accurate off the tee or a long hitter, save yourself some difficulty by playing the green tees which are almost 6000 yards. I wish I lived closer to it so I could play it more often. The mosquitoes were not an issue this time. They were a menace the last time I played here. If it hadn't been for the twosome in front of us who took 25 minutes to play the first hole and then an average of 15 minutes per hole after that, it would have been much more enjoyable. While I know 15 minutes per hole is average for a foursome, a twosome should be able to play much faster. After skipping over them at 6, the pace of play was much more enjoyable.

Commented on 02/09/2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our course despite the players in front of you. Hopefully you will be in front of a quicker group the next time you play. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Ron5732207's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

duane577's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

Have played here 3 times now. The course is an excellent layout. Staff is very friendly. Only problem was the grill had hot dogs and turkey or ham sandwiches because the grill was closing early. Was looking forward to a chicken club at the turn. Being it was only 1:00 very disappointing. The girl behind the counter was extremely nice and accommodated us as much as possible. It was extremely windy but still shot a decent score. Most greens rolled fast and true except 2. Maintenance crew would not get out of the way or would drive in front of us when we were hitting our shots. Great day though.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi

Thank you for writing us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our staff during your visit to the course. We understand you wanted to get a sandwich and we apologize for inconvenience when we closed the grill a bit early. We are happy you still managed to enjoy your time at the course. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

"Nice way to spend a Sunday."

John7374658's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

Teed off at 11:30 and were off the course in3.5 hours as a 3 some. Some interesting holes but if you have never played it get the yardage book or as the pro. Club selection on tee box is key for some of the shorter par 4. Greens had recently been dressed but were receptive and fast rolling well. Worth the extra drive if you can get a discounted rate but even at online rate of 50 not a bad price for good course in good shape.

Commented on 03/22/2017

Thank you for nice comments. It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Eagle Pointe and we hope to see you in the future.

"My new #1"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2017

This course is my new favorite in the Houston area. Played just two days after a some bad weather and the course was in great shape. Greens are very true and fast and the tree lined fairways make hitting the fairways a must . This course is a bit off a drive for me but it is definitely worth the trip.

Commented on 02/23/2017

Thank you for leaving such a nice review. We work hard to make sure every golfer leaves happy and it's great to see you enjoyed your time at our course. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

"Eagle Pointe Playability"

Trevor02's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

We arrived at the golf course 45 minutes before tee time and were greeted by the staff. They were very helpful and friendly. The golf course was a little damp due to some recent rains and heavy humidity. The golf course is a must play if you are in the Houston area. This course is very challenging from the back tees. I highly recommend anyone of all levels to play this course.

Commented on 12/27/2016

Thanks for leaving us a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed our staff during your recent visit to Eagle Pointe. We work hard to make sure everyone leaves happy and it's a honor to hear we are a must play in the Houston area. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

"Tour Quality"

John9881210's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2016

Excellent greens

9.6/10

Running 11 on stimp

That should say it all.

The rest is very well maintained

Commented on 11/14/2016

Hi,

Thanks for leaving such a nice review. We hope to see you soon!

"Eagle Point"

dplloyd's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016

Fantastic course. One of my favorite's in the Houston area!

Commented on 11/09/2016

Thank you for leaving such a nice review! We hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Course is great. It's a bit of a ride for me to get there but worth it. My only issue this time was the clubhouse is under repair as well as the roads.

Commented on 09/06/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It's great to hear you enjoy coming to our course-even if it is a bit far away! We apologize for the inconvenience with the clubhouse and roads. Please be assured both will be repaired in the near future. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.

"Complete challenge"

Michael2138301's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

This course is much tougher than it appears. Each 9 have what I call 'amen corners'. Number 6-8 on the front and the last three on the back are killers.

Number 16 is the most beautiful and absolute monster par 4. I am not sure how anyone can reach in 2. The greens are very true which makes getting on them in regulation a great chance at birdie.

Commented on 08/01/2016

Hi Michael2138301,

Thank you for reviewing our course. We appreciate hearing your opinion. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you soon.

"golfer55"

tganoe's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Greens were in good shape and weather was very hot so not many golfers out there.

Commented on 07/26/2016

Thanks for visiting our course! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time. Thanks for visiting again and we hope to see you soon!

"Great course!"

alan7827366's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016

I've heard about Eagle Pointe from numerous golfers I've played with over the years and I have to say, I am rather upset I haven't made the trip earlier! This course is a gem right outside of Houston. The course was in great condition and I was very surprised with the elevation changes the course possessed. The course layout was enjoyable, although you can get into trouble on version holes if you are playing the course for the first time (there are blind shots on a few holes. The greens were rolling as true as possible and I did notice the staff was watering the heck out of the course. There is some construction going on regarding the pro shop, as the was in a temporary location (aluminum trailer in the parking lot). Overall, I WILL be making the trip back out to this course. Great course for the price!

Commented on 07/19/2016

We're glad you finally were able to make the trip out here, Alan! Thanks for the great review. We're looking forward to your next trip to our course. Hope to see you soon!

"Eagle Review"

jc1980us's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2016

By far the best course in the area. I live across from one of the best courses in the Houston area, but don't play because of $$$. Saw deer on the course for the first time during round.just wish they would offer some hot deals every now and then.

"Forgot how great the course was"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2016

It has been several years since l have play the course due to distance. I was blown away by the condition. This is a must for someone who wants to play a course that may be a bit far to drive, but it is well worth it. The condition of tee boxes , fairways and greens were great. Hats off to the staff. I will certainly make the hour drive again and pass the word around.

Commented on 07/05/2016

Thanks for coming back and playing even though you're sort of far away! We really appreciate the dedication, and we're glad the course is worth it for you. You're always welcome here, so feel free to come by whenever you're in the mood for a bit of a trip. Hope to see you soon!

mpatrick1964's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I've played E.P. many times, but yesterday was the 1st time for a number of years. I have to ask myself "what took so long". Great layout not too far from Houston. Worth the drive.

Commented on 06/29/2016

We're glad to have you back! Thanks so much for coming out to the course and for leaving us a great review. We hope you get to make it out this way again soon!

"Best kept hidden secret in the Greater Houston Area."

Plepow's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Read the title.This course not only has great rates, but it is kept at near tour grade quality.

Commented on 07/05/2016

Thank so much for the excellent review! Feel free to come by and play whenever you've got golf on the mind - our door's always open for you!

"Great shape"

mbsmith77573's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2016

Everything is in great shape and we played in 3 and a half hours.

Commented on 05/16/2016

Glad to hear it! Thanks so much for stopping by. Come on by again soon -- our door's always open for you!

"Excellent condition, well maintained course."

kenpark12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2016

I have played this course a couple of times long time ago. It has been improved a lot and we really enjoyed it

We will be back pretty soon. Please keep it up.

Commented on 04/28/2016

Thanks for the excellent review! We always love hearing from our guests. Please come back whenever! We're always happy to have you.

"All The Hype was True!"

KappaGolfer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2016

Course layout, greens, staff was everything I was told. I had been back in Houston area for several years and decided to play as a Birthday present to myself.

Commented on 04/13/2016

While we're thrilled to hear about the hype, we're just excited to know you had a great time on your birthday. Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave us a review. Whether you're celebrating or not, feel free to come by any time!