Gunter's Landing Golf Club

Gunter’s Landing Golf Club
Scorecard for Gunters Landing
Gold M: 73.3/144 365 420 193 513 168 378 369 602 444 3452 194 560 442 375 436 182 349 352 521 3411 6863
Blue M: 71.2/134 347 377 168 498 160 342 341 581 426 3240 163 529 412 347 416 160 327 327 498 3179 6419
White M: 68.9/130 335 359 142 478 151 317 314 555 369 3020 135 494 382 314 369 145 296 297 470 2902 5922
Red W: 71.0/135 270 318 110 435 108 272 268 501 327 2609 130 465 337 280 341 126 270 275 441 2665 5274

Year Built 1992
Architect Jimmy Kennamer

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #14) (2015 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2017 #2) (2016 #5) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2017 #18) (2015 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2015 #7)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2015 #16)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2015 #12)

Beautifully challenging!

This is the second time playing this course, and it is just as spectacular as we remember from a few years ago. A word of warning - it is challenging! 132 slope from the senior tees. Check your ego, and treat your camera as more important than your scorecard, and you will have a memorable experience. Gorgeous views. Continual elevation changes. Greens are perfect. This is a gem, and WELL worth going out of your way to play.

Beautiful course

This was my first time here. Course is beautiful and challenging. It was by far in the best condition of any course I’ve found since moving to Alabama a year ago, especially the greens. I WILL BE BACK!

u000001514750
Commented On 10/05/2018

If you are looking for a well maintained and a course in great condition, you should also play the goose pond lake course in scottsboro.

gunter's landing

if you want a difficult course to play, choose gunter's landing.the course was extremely well maintained. fairways were freshly mowed, fast greens with unbelievable breaks, and plenty of water and sand to add to the difficulty.

Course in excellent condition. Very challenging layout

It's very nice course.

Both my friend and me like to play in this course. It's very nice and there have several hole is challenging.

Top Quality

Course in great shape. Greens rolled true but not overly fast. Some damage in fairways due to recent standing water but very playable. Great layout with lots of elevation change. Great view of lake from several fairways. Recommend this course to everyone

Don't miss out on this course

This is a really enjoyable golf course with large elevation changes. I have never been here and not loved the round (sometimes I went away with a really high score, but not recently). Course is really in great shape and sand traps are well maintained.

Not drink cart (in any of the times I have been to the course). Miss that. You must plan ahead for drinks. But, club house is at the turn between 9 and 10. Driving range is just Ok (down a big hill - kind of cool) and putting surface is OK. No chipping area that I know of.

Paying $40 or less is a great deal on this course and I got it for $25 on Golf Now. (Love this site)

Love this course. I grew up in the area and have always enjoyed coming home and playing this course. A few greens had a little damage around the fringe, but not a deal breaker. Greens rolled true and fairways were cut tight. Some low places were still soggy due to the recent rain, but course drained well being a day since heavy rain.

This course has great views

This is one of my favorite courses in North Alabama! The greens were in excellent condition. The elevation change on some of the holes are refreshing to see. Being able to see lake Guntersville from 5 or 6 holes is nice too. We had a 8am tee time and didn’t have to wait on anyone. I would recommend this corse to anyone and will be back soon.

Pretty Good

Fun course, but truly no comparison to Farmlinks. Conditions were similar to most of the RTJ's, just a notch or two below. The value for the money is what makes Gunter's Landing a gem imho, and that is special in and of itself. Well done.

Challenging Course

Guntersvill landing is one of the best courses in Alabama. Love the challenge!

Fell in love on the drive up

This was my first time playing this course and I have to tell you I was skeptical b/c all the reviews I read was on how the elevation changes and the course was so perfect that I was like no way. Let me tell you, it's all that and more. Its challenging and also very forgiving if you can hit it straight. Recently I have been able to do that so I only lost 2 balls. One on an errant swing and the other to the water after a beautiful tee shot right now the middle of the fairway. I got this as a hot deal and played with 1 person and we started at about 10 minutes after 10 and finished around 1:45. The pace of play was perfect and a couple let us go right ahead and skip them b/c he was giving his wife lessons. The elevation changes makes 130 look farther and sometimes much shorter than 130 normally is. I can't wait to play it again now that I have played it to see if I can best my score.

This has to be my favorite course in Alabama . The variety of holes and layout is just great. Greens have been punched but should be good in a week or so.

Great time and great value

I’ve always enjoyed playing at Gunters Landing Golf Course. The course was in great condition on Tuesday. We had a 10 a.m. tee time. The tee boxes and fairways were well maintained and the greens were rolling exceptionally well. We had a great time and booked through GolfNow on a hot deal.

This course is a must.

Beautiful yet challenging course. Course was in amazing shape. Enjoyed my round and looking forward to playing again soon.

Gunter's Landing 4-14-18

First round of the year for this Ohioan. Came down to Northern Alabama a couple day's early for some golf before scheduled work meetings. Found the course to be in dormant/dry conditions as usual this time of year.Tee shots running out an extra 20. I played the back tee's (Gold -2 hdcp). It felt as though I was playing couple different courses during the round. Some had crazy elevation changes some had a feel of Parkland and Woodland style holes. A majority of the holes were very straight forward albeit demanding accuracy off the tee. Fortunately I am a pretty straight hitter and the holes greatly rewarded that. The par 3's were very difficult (The Gold Tees really made them challenging. You had better flight a quality shot into the greens or you were at the mercy of some very interesting if not unplayable positions. Very much an approach shot course. Just as the pro warned me...you needed to stay under the holes (if you can). The greens ran true and were pretty straight forward. I found the greens to be very receptive...they need to be on this course.

For the $26 dollars I paid on GN this was a bargain. You and your golf buddies can have a good time playing here as long as you have a "pick up after you achieve quad rule in effect. Better players will appreciate the challenge of this design as well. You will get a chucke standing on 3,5 and 10 thoough!LOL.

-Definately worth playing!

MJ from OHIO

Must play in N.Alabama

Gunters Landing is one of the top courses you can play in North Alabama. Very challenging course but it's fair to your score. If you hit golf shots you can score on this course if you spray it around then it'll be a long day. Either way it's a fun course to play and is always in top notch shape tee to green

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019