Dogwood Hills Golf Club

2.4
2.2
2.3
2.3

Dogwood Hills Golf Club is one of Biloxi's best-kept secrets for golfers who want to unwind and get away. The 18-hole public course, designed by Brent Williams, opened in 1993. Dogwood Hills measures 5,927 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 113 and a 69 USGA rating. The golf course features three sets of tees for different skill levels.
Dogwood Hills Golf Club
White 72 5435 yards
Red (W) 72 4585 yards
Scorecard for Dogwood Hills Golf Club
Blue M: 67.5/111 252 190 313 502 200 349 356 457 289 2908 405 116 315 415 378 494 139 420 413 3095 6003
White M: 65.2/89 241 176 297 426 182 332 333 415 249 2651 378 103 294 398 273 438 125 386 389 2784 5435
Red M: 61.4/80 W: 65.3/103 228 120 228 398 166 212 262 320 226 2160 348 92 248 280 252 401 100 342 362 2425 4585

Year Built 1991
Architect Brent Williams

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #19)

Sub Par in a bad way

Grass, what there was of it, hadn't been mowed in a while. Greens were very bumpy.

Response from Dogwood Hills Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello Richard, on behalf of Dogwood Hills Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Dogwood

The course greens has gotten better since I played it last. It is worth playing it for price. It does need some sponsorship and support from casinos like a lot of them in Mississippi gulf coast area.

Needs cash injection!

I've played this course before and the course is worse than before....... I played the course because of the price and I thought it would be in better condition.

I don't plan on playing Dogwood Hills again.

Save your money

Save your money and just play golf in your backyard… The grass would be better . The greens were very mediocre for a change… A slight improvement from the normal horrible conditions. Crush the ball… It will roll a least a few feet. Don’t even think about taking get different though… Might as will be hitting the ball off of concrete!

Dogwood

Dogwood has gotten better in past years. If I was talking care of it I would concentrate on the fencing the range, tee boxes ,and fairways. The greens were good shape....

Poor maintainence

This course is in terrible shape

There are many sections of the fairway with little or no grass

The fairways are hard sand packed

The greens are full of crab grass and are sparsely covered with other grass

The greens have not been properly cut on some time

The tee boxes are void of grass for the most part ( it's like teeing off of a hard packed sand box )

There is some challenge in playing this course but it is overshadowed by the poor quality of the maintenance

It is marginally OK for a practice round but don't pay much more than $ 15.00 for it

course length &difficulty

course was in alright shape for money, just right length for senior like me. not to long. liked rolling hills woods along fairways.

Members

Course was more dirt then grass. And members 2some refused to allow faster players and made clear they were members and did not care about guest. They want it they can have it.

Scott1173322
Commented On 03/03/2018

greens were looked good but slow. Tee boxes need to be cut and fairways also. All in all it was good shape....The course use another 9 holes making 27 holes course...

This course needs help

The fairways are in poor condition, a lot of bare ground. The greens were better than the fairways but needed mowing, the grass was so long that it was almost impossible to hit the ball hard enough to get to the hole.

Dogwood

The course was in a fair condition better than last year when i played it about the same time..The greens was a little slower to putt on because of the weather and time of the year. I would play it next year or sooner we will see how it goes...

Response from Dogwood Hills Management on 11/16/2017:
Thank you for playing Dogwood Hills! Please come back and visit us some time soon!

Used to be nice

At one point, this was a great course… Especially for the money. Now, this is the worst course in the entire city. Hitting a ball on the green is like playing pinball! One particular green is completely covered by sand! Half of the tee boxes are not even flat. Unfortunately, this course, which was once great, has been severely neglected!

Response from Dogwood Hills Management on 10/02/2017:
Thank you for playing Dogwood Hills! We are sorry you did not enjoy your round at our course. Please feel free to express any concerns with the Pro Shop.

Golf insult

I played better cow pastures than this course! They gave up maintenance a while ago! All fairways needed cutting and if you killed the weeds, you would have sand to play on. The holes on the mostly dead greens had not been relocated in months! The tee boxes were very uneven and not well defined! The sand bunkers had not been raked in weeks! Save your money! Go elsewhere!

Response from Dogwood Hills Management on 09/26/2017:
Thank you for your feedback on our course. Our goal is to provide our golfers with the best experience possible. We are continuously working on our course conditions.

Better than a day at work

The food was excellent, hot and fresh. Service was good as well. Too bad I can't say the same for the course . There really wasn't much difference between the fairway and the rough (had trouble finding a neon yellow ball in the middle of the fairway ), uneven tee boxes that weren't mowed and greens that looked more like backyard grass with patches of sand . I did like the layout of the course however ,it had some challenging blind shots and forced carry shots to the green. I'd play there again if conditions improve but as of now it wasn't worth the drive from Mobile.

Response from Dogwood Hills on 08/17/2017:
We understand the conditions were not completely up to par for your round but know that we are working diligently to maintain and bring the conditions to pristine shape every single day. We do hope you make it out again, we look forward to seeing you again!

Regular player

This was the first course that I played on when I started golfing almost 3 yrs. ago. I still play there regular ( price and close to house ) after playing at many courses this is my thoughts. I love the layout of the course , this could be a great course to play. Like other reviews that I've read, the fairways and greens need a lot of work. ( in 3yrs I haven't seen any improvements) I would gladly pay a little more if that is what's needed to get it right. Again, I love the layout and I think this course could be great. I really hope improvements will be made.

Thank's

Wayne

Response from Dogwood Hills Management on 09/12/2017:
Thank you for playing our course. We will take your review into consideration. Hope to see you on the golf course soon!

Poor course

Great staff here. Manager is doing a horrible job addressing course needs. Austin, Mark and Ron do a great job inside. Outside crew have great attitudes. Manager won't allow the crew to do what's needed to make course better. I did not renew my membership due to the Manager.

Response from Dogwood Hills on 08/17/2017:
We're really sorry to hear you did not renew your membership due to your concerns mentioned above. We will do everything we can to bring the course to excellent conditions so that you may see the value in playing here again. We want to provide the best possible conditions for your next visit, we hope you head back soon.

Overall value its a $20 course

It's seems strange to pay $20'over the phone. The old way had online coupons for $17. That fits the course. The greens are herendous. Fire ants on 7 holes, lots of patches of missing grass and that's just the greens. I have a small lawnmower business and this has been the healthiest year for growing grass. Why not dogwood hills? I've played there 30 times. Probably won't go back

It's been 3'years since I played . I just started playing again. Plan on playing weekly

Response from Dogwood Hills on 08/02/2017:
We're sorry to hear the conditions were not up to your liking during your round. We are working diligently to make sure the course is in pristine shape. We will address the fire ants issue here with our crews. Thank you for letting us know. We hope you come back and give us another shot.

WORST THAN HORRIBLE!!!

GolfNow......Please don't embarrass yourself having this place in you lineup...... This place shouldn't be opened !!! Worlld's WORST!!

Response from Dogwood Hills on 08/02/2017:
We're sorry to hear that the course was not up to your liking. We do hope to see you again as we work diligently to make sure the course is up to par. We strive to ensure every golfer has the best experience possible.