Style Links
River Bend Links

Year Built 1998
Architect Clyde Johnston (1998)

Very nice course. looking forward to the spring. no food or coffee available. Very friendly staff. About half the flag sticks were on the ground. Only complaint.

Great layout

Great course and enjoyable to play. Has a great layout and the staff are very friendly. They only thing that needed improvement is the sand bunkers. They were unplayable. But it is still an enjoyable course to play.

Awful

Played river bend for first time. Paid over $42 plus booking fees. It was awful course. They should shut this place down.

Very run down club house and course was mediocre at best. Greens were in very bad shape. Bunkers had no sand and it was growing weeds and looks like a dirt road.

If I’ve paid $15 , it would have been ok. I’ve played at Tunica National last week and it was in immaculate condition and I’ve only paid $30 during the week on Golf now special rate.

Good course. Well designed. Links style. Club selection very important. Knowing where the trouble is paramount. I enjoyed it very much. Not at all busy during the week. Had the course to my self.

Great Links course

Course was very challenging. Hit it anywhere but the fairway and you'll pay for it. Had a blast.

Great links layout

The staff was friendly though closing the range on a Saturday was odd. The layout, flat fairways and short cut grass reminds me of playing golf in Scotland and Ireland. The temperature and humidity reminded me I was in the Mississippi bottoms. The wind made the day pleasant but the bunkers were awful. Our group decided to play bunkers as ground under repair.
If the bunkers were properly cared for, I'd like to play this course every day.

Consistent with the other reviews I read

Decent links layout, 5 sets of tees to choose from for different skill sets. The wind can be daunting. For February, greens were well-maintained. Some bunkers were in bad shape. Customer service was average.

vacation golf

First round of golf on our way to Florida. Stop here each year for several days, golf and gamble. Weather can be dicey in March. We ended having the perfect day, sunny, mid 60's, no wind and not many people playing. It had rained the night before, but the coarse held up well. Can't say enough about the club house staff, or should I say the gentleman who handled it all due to light turn out, over the top friendly & helpful.

a fun golf course

I think you should discount any recent negative reviews of this facility and personnel. They couldn't have been any nice or more friendly. For the middle of winter around here the course was in very good shape and definitely challenging but fun. It's a bit of a drive for me down from Memphis but it was worth it. Amenities were great. Carts in great shape, course was as good as can be and the greens were in great shape and putted well.

I didn't find one thing to complain about. If in the area, do yourself a favor and go see these folks and enjoy a links style course. Narrow fairways and fun to play.

Would only play again if it were free

Definitely not worth the price unless you get a great deal on Golfnow. It was nice 10+ years ago and had a better staff. Play Tunica National instead if you're wanting to play around the casinos. Same prices, much better course and staff.

Review of River Bend

The course is nice enough, but the staff is especially lacking in people skills. Chris O. an employee at River Bend was extremely rude to me and my wife. From the time we arrived he was very rude. My wife wanted a solo cart because she is slow and new at the game. Chris said to my wife,"you rode down here together, you ride together". There was nobody on the course, so there was no reason for this guy to be such a jerk. I tried to be nice, even offered to shake hands. He just walked by with a sigh..
Never will either one of us will ever patronize this place because of this person. We were made to feel unwelcome and unappreciated..
Please post, others need to read this post..

Fall outing

Very nice course, great value and friendly staff. Take advantage of their chicken salad sandwich at the turn and relax watching a ball game on the big screen.

Great layout

Love this course. Most fun i've had on any golf course. I have played this course and plan to make it my weekly course to visit.

Not as nice as two years ago

We played River bend two years ago and really liked it. The course was a little run down. Greens and fairways were good, but the sand traps were not. Many sand traps were going wild and none had much sand. I would go back there and play again, but would like to see some course improvement.

Commented on 10/25/2016

We are currently working on improving the conditions of the course and would love to have you back in the future! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback!

Open course

Played in early afternoon. course was wide-open did not wait on any tee. Greens were fast and in decent condition. Great value with golf now hot deals price.

Commented on 10/25/2016

Hi Jim!
Thank you for coming out and playing a round with us! Next time you are looking for a great deal, make sure to check out our website. We are always offering great specials on tee times!

Review

Workers need to keep the mowers quiet while golfers are trying to concentrate. Happens on multiple holes.

Commented on 10/04/2016

We apologize for this instance and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Best shape I've ever seen it in

I've been playing this course for years it is in the best shape the fairways were Immaculate the greens were Rolling really good there's a lot to be said for the sand traps they don't really take care of them that's too.

Commented on 09/19/2016

Thank you for coming out and playing. We appreciate you leaving a review regarding the condition of the course. Everyone hear has been working hard to get the course in the best shape possible!

Course is coming back.

Great links layout - played here many times since it first opened - last time, it was in depressive shape, but someone must care again - good to see greens are trying to make a comeback and grass was cut - still a favorite destination.

Commented on 09/19/2016

Happy to hear we are a favorite of yours. Our team has been working hard to get the course back in great shape! Hope to see you back soon!

Tunica Resorts, Mississippi
West Helena, Arkansas
Southaven, Mississippi
Forrest City, Arkansas

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.