Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon – Legends
Black/Blue 72 6581 yards 71.9 130
Blue/White 72 6151 yards 69.7 124
White/Red 72 5662 yards 66.7 115
Scorecard for Legends Course
Gold M: 75.8/140 382 590 432 153 515 570 517 193 407 3759 542 494 215 438 421 361 591 156 465 3683 7442
Black M: 72.9/133 344 573 361 106 493 524 465 167 369 3402 499 459 182 414 395 332 541 140 439 3401 6803
Black/Blue M: 71.9/130 344 573 351 88 463 524 396 159 369 3267 499 446 167 392 395 332 541 135 407 3314 6581
Blue M: 71.0/127 W: 78.1/146 333 527 351 88 463 507 396 159 358 3182 462 446 167 392 369 322 512 135 407 3212 6394
Blue/White M: 69.7/124 333 527 324 88 415 507 345 159 358 3056 462 391 167 368 369 322 512 135 369 3095 6151
White M: 68.4/120 W: 75.1/139 306 507 324 74 415 464 345 141 326 2902 450 391 141 368 348 295 485 122 369 2969 5871
White/Red M: 66.7/115 306 507 324 88 379 464 298 141 326 2833 450 331 141 328 348 295 485 135 316 2829 5662
Red M: 65.0/111 W: 70.8/131 265 477 287 77 379 408 298 109 280 2580 411 331 102 328 283 259 458 101 316 2589 5169

Year Built 2000
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Brian Curley (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Collared Shirt Required. No Denim. Bermuda shorts Only

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2014 #20)

Nice course, great value

It was over 100 so the last few holes were "toasty"
This is a really challenging course with lots of elevation changes, and interesting hole layouts. Ledgands winds thru the hills and dales, and the snack shack at #9 was closed although they had a beer cart going around this time.
The only negative is that the sand traps are very inconsistent, some hard as concrete some soft.
Fun course I'd recommend to anyone.

California Advisor

Morongo Golf Club at Slow Play Canyon

If you enjoy standing behind groups of hacking 2sums waiting for long periods of time to tee off on each hole, this is your place. Don't plan on getting home for dinner. Shame considering the course was in pretty good shape and is an otherwise fun play.

Great day

We arrived and were greeted by friendly staff, there was plenty of staff to help us every step of the way even a Marshal on the course to keep play at a good pace .
The course was in really good condition as it usually is .

Great course tee box and fairways were in great shape.the greens were true and fast. I shout 82 form the white tees very happy! Great price $ 30.00

Tee Box’s we’re very good . Fairways were excellent and greens were great very true perfect speed I had 7 1 putt greens. Bad part bunkers were very hard and not enough sand!! Very good price on golf now. I will keep playing this course!!

Enjoyable experience

Have played the Legends course a number of times.. Course is in excellent condition and greens were running fairly fast today. A very enjoyable experience.

Making the turn .

I was hungry when making the turn , Wish snack bar was open , cart girl only carries snacks ..

Good value

Nice parkland course with some ravine carries. No water. Looks like winter rain damage washed out some paths. Overall decent.shape and good greens. Sand in bunkers pretty thin and more like dirt than sand. Roving cart carries no alcohol. Summer rates aj excellent value. Odd that power carts have no ice box, but they do have gps.

No longer can recommend this course

At one time this was one of the premier courses in the IE. Originally built and managed by the Southern California section of the PGA it was a gem. After changing hands a couple of times it began a downhill slide that was briefly interrupted when it was purchased by the Morongo Band of Mission Indians. They put some money into the course and brought it close to its original glory in an attempt to make it part of the total resort package offered by the Morongo Casino and Spa. Since taking over and spending all that money and effort to bring the course into shape it has gone downhill. The redesign of the clubhouse was an unnecessary waste of time and resources. What they SHOULD have been putting money into was the greens. They are deplorable right now. Bare spots where it looks like someone took a divot out of the green. Weeds have completely taken over many of the greens. And the course is wet. I mean WET. It was so wet today (despite having no rain here in weeks) that there was mushrooms growing literally everywhere. Tee boxes full of mushrooms. Mushrooms in the fairways. Mushrooms on the greens. Mushrooms in the bunkers. And I will refuse to call them "sand bunkers" because there is no, and I mean NO, sand! Many of my shots from the fairways splashed me with water/mud. Both of these tracks are great layouts and very challenging. I have to admit that I LOVE these courses. But I cannot in good conscience recommend this to anyone until they get their house in order. Put your money into the course. GOLF is the draw to a GOLF COURSE...not the clubhouse amenities. For Pete's sake...their golf shop is literally 1/3 of the size of the small mom and pop golf shop in your local strip mall. I'm BEGGING you Morongo Indians to put the $$ into the course maintenance and repair. Those GREENS man!! Ughh!!

Another good time

Played in just under 4 hours....Champions course was being used by juniors today... so we played the Legends 3 or 4 strokes easier then Champions side without a doubt. Always seem to get paired with good/friendly chaps at this course, same today. Greens were slower then usual and needed to be rolled sooner then later....seems on this course when greens are slow the ball rolls off left or right at the hole if you did not hit hard putts....as always a great place to enjoy a round.

Time police

First we were put into a team of four, but it was a father who is teaching his younger son to play, I loved it. We were about 17 minute pace behind. The Marshall came up to us and told us that we were 30 minutes behind and we needed to move quicker because there was three empty holes ahead of us. We let two different doubles go past us. As we hurried through the next hole, we had to wait for one of the doubles in front of us and there was nobody in back of us either. I was not happy how the Marshall handled this. It was great until then.

I play it fairly often and really enjoy the course. Recommend it highly!

Course getting worse

This course used to be really nice but it seems to be getting worse every week. The bunkers are raked clay. Its like hitting a shot off of a baseball infield. Your club bounces off the hard clay and makes you skull the ball almost every time. No ball washers at all anywhere when they used to be on the carts. The tee boxes are always bad. The porch parks on the tee boxes are never fixed and the ground is uneven. There are a few tee boxes where the ball is either below your feet or above it a couple inches because it looks like their is a body buried under the ground. The practice green flag sticks are all broken and don’t allow you to pull them balls out of the holes by picking up the flag.

It seems like a lot of small things that could be fixed pretty easily.

Still a decent course from the price and it’s nice to see a marshal a few times around to keep the pace of play up.

Good Conditions, Terrible Layout

Have always wanted to play out here, got a really cheap deal so I made the drive out. Clubhouse was big and beautiful, practice facility was one of the best I have ever seen at a course, every thing was immaculate. The course conditions were above average. Everything other than the greens were very green and lush. Greens were below average, very marked very bumpy, and the bunkers were also very poor, no sand, some hard some flooded. The worst part and in my opinion why I would never recommend this course is the layout, absolutely terrible and unplayable. I am a longer hitter and had no reason to pull a club more than a 7 iron off any of the front 9 tee boxes. So many forced layups, tight bends, hidden tee shots and greens. The golf hole conditions were well worth the money but I would say save your time and your golf balls on the course design.

Pure enjoyment

I had some friends come down from Nor. Cal. All were impressed with how well maintained the course was. We are planning to play again when they return later this year.

Aeration

The greens were aerated earlier this week, but we weren’t told before we teed off. We probably would not have played if told before hand.

Great Value

I played late in the afternoon and got a great price for a Saturday. The course is in excellent condition. Top 5 course in the area for sure.

Beautiful views...

Beautiful view with Flexible staff.. very well maintained course but they had a tournament at the Champions course. Played at the legend course. greens were bad condition. (I would say 2/5 greens ). Definitely I would go back for Champion course.

Beaumont, California