Lost Canyons Golf Club - Shadow Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Men: Collared Shirt, Bermuda-length shorts or golf pants; No denim and no tee shirts; Women: Collared Shirt, Bermuda-length shorts, skirts or golf pants; No denim and no tee shirts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Silver 72 6055 yards 70.0 136
Cooper (W) 72 4795 yards 69.1 125

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Could Be Great..."

crispy830's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played the Sky Course today which is still playable, but needs some maintenance. Tee Boxes were uneven, sandy and bare. Fairways were hit or miss, but usually thing. The Greens were fair. The views on this course are beautiful and it has so much potential if it were just better maintained. Take your $85 elsewhere until management decides to actually take care of the course.

DO NOT play the Shadow Course. It is completely dead and will be used for land development. They should have it closed, but instead are swindling unsuspecting players out of $45.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Not a Good Value for the Money"

fryersroost's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Booked Shadow, didn't find out until arrival at course that Shadow is not maintained - dead fairways. Had to pay extra to play Sky.... Not in very good condition.

"Time to say Goodbye"

Titilist's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I first played this course when it just opened several years ago. Those were very exciting and promising days. But now it sad to say that both sky and shadow course is in horrible conditions. First the shadow course, There are no fairways, only dry dirt. The only greenery you see are the tee boxes and the greens itself. It is not even worth the $15 that they are asking for. The attendant did offer me an upgrade to the sky course for an extra $25. Sky is almost as bad as the shadow course. The fairways are also dry and the greens are horrible. I did speak to one of the greens keeper. He said that they are closing the property to renovate. Well thanks for the memorable times. Thanks Patrice for hosting our tournaments. Long live Lobster Cup!

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Play somewhere else"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

They are closing the Shadow course in 2 months and are not maintaining it at all. They should just close it and not allow play.

Really bad...

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"COURSE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2014

Don't fall for the low rate bait. The course is unplayable and ugly. Too bad, but true. GolfNow should not be selling tee times for this course. It is misleading of them to sell tee times here given the playing conditions.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"The Worst"

u000004219233's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2014

Have you ever seen the place? There's no grass it's just plain dirt and I brought 3 people. How do you expect us to play? I even have pictures if you don't believe me. This is the worst place I've seen in my life... This shouldn't even be called a golf course. I'm very disappointed and was very unsatisfied I should even be complaining for my money back,.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Worst course I have ever played"

metreon's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course was completely dirt with the exception of the greens which were full of sand. This course is unplayable I would not play it for free ! The rating of poor is generous.

"It's not golf course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

We coldn't play golf.<br/> No grass on fair way ....poor green condition....<br/> It's not golf couse any more.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Going to pot."

puttinfun's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I used to love this course as well as Sky -- challenging, scenic, remote and relatively well-maintained. But it is now in terrible disrepair. Fairways like tarmacs with nary a blade of grass to be seen. Sand traps -- let's just say you would need a pick ax to penetrate. Most of the flags were shredded. One hole substituted a rake for the missing flag (obviously the rake wasn't needed in the petrified sand trap). I got a deal and thought I was making out -- I wouldn't play there again if they paid me. I heard a rumor they're letting it go to pot in order to develop. By appearances that's true -- and they're squeezing what little they can from unaware golfers. Sad.

"This course has seen better days"

Kenneth9889418's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/20/2013

No water for months. Tees, greens are green. Everything else is brown and dead. Sad.

"Its a sand ball"

artichoke786's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2013
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

The pro shop informed me they had stopped watering the course 6 months ago. I should have taken that as a warning but I decided to play nevertheless - I had taken the time out and had prepaid for the round at golf now.com and I was here now - so why not?<br/> Let me tell you why not.<br/> The course as I used to love it is dead. What I went back for was a lush green, well-maintained, cared-for course that was a wonderful experience every time.<br/> Those visions are now memories. The pictures of dead yellow fairways are real and the fairway conditions are bad. You take a shot and get rewarded by dirt in your face. Greens are being watered but not maintained - parched greens, pots dugout, dry greens won't hold and bumpy - you name it.<br/> I would not recommend this course to anyone. Don't waste your time and/or money. If you really want to play in the dirt, go to death valley or somewhere else. Anywhere else.

"Sorry to hear they will probably be shutting down."

rpsamko's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/5/2013

Word is they are closing down with the Sky course becoming a private club and the Shadow course tuned into estates.

First off the staff was great. We were supposed to play the Shadow course but the check-in attendant told us to play the Sky course because he wanted us to have a real good time and remember them fondly. Classy move and will we remember Lost Canyons fondly.

The Shadow course is basically dead. The fairways are brown like dirt having not been watered for awhile. The Sky course has some green on the fairways but not maintained. They are watering and working on the greens so they were fun.

We had a good time all things considered. There are great views and the course was fun. You should try to play here one more time before it goes away.

"Had to play Sky course"

Cnastro24's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2013

The Shadow course was unplayable. Completely dormant and not worth playing. We ended up switching to the Sky course which was $80. Completely overpriced. The course is not groomed well. The staff is scarce. I would not recommend this course.

"Nice topography"

bigbertha805's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2013

Great layout but the tee boxes and fairways need attention and they turned off the beer taps in the club house:((

"Poor quality"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2013

I wouldn't pay $30 to play here let alone $80 that they ask. It is poorly maintained, no yardage markers, fairways haven't been watered, n greens are poor. Not a good course. I'll never play here again. I'm an above average golfer ( handicap 7) n this course is horrible for all levels. I'll never play here again!

"Desert wasteland. I guess they are going into an ownership change because they have stopped watering the fairways. They are closer to dirt then grass."

Scott2461339's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/5/2013

I booked at a very good Hotdeal price. So when I got there I was told that the grass was dormant on the Shadow Course. Dormant was a positive spin. It's dead because they don't water. The greens were the only thing green on the course. I played it because I didn't pay much. But never again. Stay away from this course. I was told they are going through an ownership change. Hope it improves.

"Need water, thirsty"

Jvhealy3's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/4/2013

The course I signed up to play was basically dead, they used the term dormat, from lack of water. So I played the Sky course and unfortunately due to a lack of water it was not too much better. I cannot fault the course owners for mother natures lack of rainfall and I assume they can't easily irrigate. It would be a great course otherwise.

"Course needs help"

Bparsons12's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2013

We decided last minute to go to the shadow course because it's suppose to be in much better shape. It's not. For the price I would go else where. The course is tough enough with not very good markets and NO gps makes it so you're guessing a lot on shots.

"Golf course, or dirt tennis course?"

viaprelude's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/2/2013

I've been told Lost Canyon is a good golf course. I finally played last Saturday. But I found out I did not play a golf course but dirt tennis course!

1. There is no mentioning of golf course condition on the golfnow booking web page.<br/> 2. There is no grass on fairway. Gross all dead, yellow and many places no gross at all!<br/> 3. Only green is green. Tee box area has grass but poor maintained.<br/> 4. bunkers no sand.

I didn't play well. I'm afraid that I may damage my clubs because stones, small pebbles on the fairway.

Lost canyon has 2 18-hole courses. I think for some reason, they only maintain one course well but leave the other one (shadow course) unattended.

One thing "pleased " me. My drive got longer. My regular driving is 200 yards. But yesterday, some of my drives went almost 300 yards. Balls just kept going, none stop, ON THE DIRT!

SHAWN, 11/3

"Do not play the Shadow Course at Lost Canyons"

noboggies's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2013

We arrived at the Shadow Course and were told the entire course was left dormant for the entire year and there was not a patch of green on any fairway. Then we were coersed into playing the Sky Course at an additional $29 cost. We found this course in not much better condition. Greens had large gashes and brown spots, the fairways were poor. The couse layout was awkward. It turns out both courses are being closed in the next few months for a couple of years for complete rework and return as a private course. Pete and Freddie didn't do a good job on this one.