Angeles National Golf Club

Style Desert/Links
Angeles National Golf Club
Nicklaus 72 7141 yards 74.4 140
Scorecard for Angeles
Black M: 74.7/143 402 585 212 427 422 459 176 530 486 3699 459 310 130 494 218 472 537 406 416 3442 7141
Blue M: 72.1/136 381 562 177 396 378 416 164 494 446 3414 429 293 120 474 199 418 507 366 377 3183 6597
White M: 70.0/130 368 542 156 382 359 364 149 469 417 3206 390 271 109 448 151 394 493 344 363 2963 6169
Red W: 68.9/116 273 493 62 338 261 306 81 390 328 2532 299 202 100 399 106 322 425 248 266 2367 4899

Year Built 2004
Fairways Tifway Bermuda
Golf Season Year Round
Architect Nicklaus

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Shorts are to be no more than 4" above the knee; Athletic shorts, denim, tank tops and tee shirts are prohibited.

a new “standard of experience

Played the first nine holes in just over 9 hours! WOW! Fairways and bunkers are in horrible condition.

This course touts itself as a “standard of excellence” golf course; (and charges at that prideful rate)…tasteless and shameful! Please clean up your course and do a better job on controlling a pace of play that allows ALL to move forward at a reasonable pace. NOT 3+ HOURS FOR NINE HOLES! And, yes, I’m a little irritated about my recent golf experience today. You’ve set a new “standard of experience” in golf. You’ve lowed the bar!

Great $20 course

This course has been going down hill for a while. They don’t allow walking but they don’t have enough carts so sometimes you have to wait, go figure. Fairways are great, for putting the ball. Grass is nonexistent. Greens, good luck to you bouncy, bouncy. Again, this is $20 course and that is pushing it.

Beautiful course

Nice range, practice facilities. I love to play course. Can’t spray ball around.

Need maintenance

No glass on fairway ball keep rolling not worth with the money

Fairways are in bad shape not worth 135 dollars a rojnd

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 01/09/2019:
Hello hdiazalonso, thank you for the taking the time to write a review of our course. We escalated your feedback on the conditions of the fairways and on our rates to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

No flat greens on course

You need to be spot on on every green or expect to add strokes to your putting stats for this course

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 12/28/2018:
Hello u523090034, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our greens and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

A bit underwhelming...

Finally played here on 12/20/18 after hearing mixed reviews from other golfers.

Checked in the pro shop, and the guy at the counter chastised a player checking in behind me that he couldn't bring in his Starbucks coffee because there are "no outside beverages allowed." --That seemed a little over the top. I might have walked right out if he said that to me.

Practice range is grass which is nice and there's a good chipping area, but no practice bunker that we could find.

Teed off on 10 ...

I know it's "winter" in SoCal, but the fairways were brown and dry... not my favorite surface to play on. Every approach felt like a tight lie.

Greens were quite fast but rolled very true, and had some challenging undulations.

Hit 6 bunkers on my round and found loose stones in all of them.

It also seems like the place that attracts players who don't feel obligated to rake bunkers or repair their divots. Must have repaired 4-6 fresh divots on every green. C'mon people, golf etiquette!

The surrounding scenery is quite nice as you play back into the canyon. It has that high desert feel. There are several "blind" tee shots, so it can be challenging to know where to hit as a first-timer.

Played as a duece between two foursomes in 5 hours.

Overall, I was a little underwhelmed by the round. For the price, there are better options in the area, IMHO. But I see how some golfers could find this a fun and challenging track.

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 12/27/2018:
Hello 1IronPete, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness and value for the money. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.
Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 12/14/2018:
Hello drDongs, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great experience. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

LA area was dry so the fairways let the ball run. You were able to putt off the greens. The greens were the fastest that I ever played....a real challenge with the the pin placement...a LOT of break.

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 12/17/2018:
Hello Jay3498184, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and had a great golf experience. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

We were robbed inside the parking lot

Golf was good, however we had a very bad experience because we were robbed inside the parking lot. The thief had all the time he wanted to take our personal belongins out of our car, while we were playing golf

2nd Time playing this course and whole new outlook

I played this course for the first time in early spring of this year (2018). Course was in great shape but the surrounding areas were destroyed by fires, so kind of underwhelming. I was started on the back 9 for my first round ever on this course and played with a friend that had also never played the course. A little course knowledge would have helped, but overall a decent experience. I still felt the green fee was a little overpriced for a weekday early afternoon, but not by much. I found a hot deal this week and the rate was too good to pass up for this course. The conditions of the course were even better than previously, the surrounding areas are growing back beautifully and give it a great cosmetic look. The staff has also added some mulch throughout the course off the side of the fair ways and cart paths, which was a brilliant decision. Makes the course look better and also stops those balls that are slightly off line from running into the native areas. I was also started on Hole 1 this round, and in my opinion that is certainly the ideal way they designed this course to be played, actually has a much better flow. I'm not trying to plug another company, but Forelinx has an 18 hole drone review of this course with descriptions and aiming points for your tee shots, layup positions, target areas for your approach shots into the green etc. It changed the way I played this course and as an avid golfer it was such a great tool and wish every course had something like that. I could visualize what I wanted to do on each hole and what clubs I would be using off the tee before even getting to the course. Lastly I played as a single which is typically the case on a weekday early afternoon and once again got paired up with a great group of guys!! Cheers Angeles National!! I will certainly be back!!

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 01/07/2019:
Hello u748038139, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at Angeles National Golf Club. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 10/23/2018:
Hello mijini73, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We appreciate your rating on the value for the money and staff friendliness. We escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.
Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent experience. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Great layout, great course

POP 3:45, I’ve played olivas links, rustic canyon, moorpark and now angeles. Ángeles is my favorite. I love the layout and the course is in great shape. Tee boxes lush, fairways lush, (one bad area in one fairway). No rough to speak of. As far as some comments regarding rocks in the bunkers I noticed in a couple of fairway bunkers, but not green side and I was in those so I know. Freeway noise usually bothers me, but it isn’t noticeable on half the holes and the course makes up for it. I highly recommend.

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello jasonburcham, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent experience at Angeles National Golf Club. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Beat public course in Greater LA for under $100

Always enjoy this place, especially when we get the round for <$100. Challenging (135 slope from Blues), and staff is always great.

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 10/16/2018:
Hello gabcline, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our affordable rates and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Great golf everything else lacking

Driving range closed so no warmup. Never saw the beverage cart and the snack bar was closed. Fun golf course but where is the hospitality?

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 10/09/2018:
Hello robcjr, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the driving range and food service. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon.

A must play for all players

A real fun course to play! Used every club in my bag! Only thing I noticed was there were some BIG rocks in the bunkers. Good course for all skill levels!

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Hello CChamp1993, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the rocks in the bunkers. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Recently renovated

Nestled at the base of the Angeles National Forest, this fantastic Jack Nicklaus designed golf course is as nice of a public golf course that you will find.

The course was in great condition and the greens were fast and true and ungulated, so take your time reading putts.

Staff was friendly and made me feel like I was at a private club.

Response from Angeles National Golf Club on 09/26/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a sub par experience and we appreciate your ratings on our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for visiting Angeles National Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.
Pacoima, California