A view of a hole at Angeles National Golf Club.

Style Desert/Links
Angeles National Golf Club

Year Built 2004
Fairways Tifway Bermuda Grass
Golf Season Year Round
Architect Nicklaus (2004)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Shorts are to be no more than 4" above the knee; Athletic shorts, denim, tank tops and tee shirts are prohibited.

Bar, Grill

Banquet Facilities

Pace of play

No marshals due to COVID I believe pace of play was great on front but waiting on every hole on back. Even still 4:15 round was achieved because of individual carts... great track

Commented on 07/08/2020

Thank you for your review, u852136491. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Angeles National Golf Club. Also, thank you for your feedback on your back nine - note taken! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Angeles National Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course. Challenging and well kept

Course is in great shape. Fun to play. Per 5s are a bit awkward as you may not be able to hit driver.

Good Experience

Overall a good experience at Angeles National. The course is long enough and wide enough to pull driver on the majority of par 4's and all of the par 5's. Pace of play was perfect as we rarely had to wait to swing. On cart GPS was convenient. There are three concerns I had. First, the course was very dry. Hitting from the fairway was not like hitting on their lush green practice range. Second, the greens had been recently aerated but was not mentioned when booking on Golf Now. Third the price seems a bit expensive especially when the fairways and greens aren't perfect. Challenging course in pretty good condition.

Great Public Course in LA

First time playing and I really enjoyed it. I thought the course was challenging but fair. I was warned before that the fairways were not in good condition. I didn't find that to be the case at all. They were dry, yes, but that seemed like a feature, not an error. The ball ran out quite a bit and it played into the challenge of the course. Greens were medium speed, receptive, and pure. Bunkers were almost too full with soft sand.

As for value, it's fair. It is considerably more expensive than the LA munis like Harding and Wilson. But it's also considerably better. I'd play here on "splurge" days a few times a year, but will stick to the munis otherwise (which are in pretty good shape right now!).

My only suggestion for improvement would be to create some kind of "combo" tee. The blacks are ridiculously long for a narrow, fast course, but the blues are a little short. Some kind of combo tee set to bridge the gap around 6800 yards would be the perfect test for the better, but not scratch, golfer.

Over priced for current conditions

Fringes were burned, greens plugged, tee times were not staggered correctly.

Excellent, tough challenge

This is a beautiful course. It's very challenging off the tee. There's hardly any rough, so errant tee shots often end up in the desert-like native area surrounding each hole. Pace of play was outstanding. I teed off about 30 minutes before my tee time and finished in 3 hours. It can get a bit hot in Sunland in summer, but i picked a perfect 70° day. I'll be back!

Conflicted

I love the layout. I love the length. Course conditions had me really hating the $107 green fees. For a few dollars more I could've just played Torrey pines. I understand trying to make up your losses but this is too much until the course gets back. I've played there before for $60 I think. Course was in great shape and a great price. Most likely won't be back for a while.

Tough for beginner

I’m a beginner and have been looking for courses to practice my game. I went mid morning on a weekday (Wednesday) as a single as I saw a few hours of open slots of 4 players, probably due to mid week and 100 degree heat. I was able to get started as a single upon arrival (after buying a box of balls from the cafe which luckily has them - as the pro shop is currently closed due to coronavirus and I only had 5 balls). The course was really beautiful, challenging, fun and frustrating. I ended up having to buy another box of balls before hole 10. If you go 1’ off the fairway it’s difficult to find the ball in the beautiful wildlife/natural habitat surrounding the course and I believe it’s protected wildlife. Anyways, I went through all my balls and hope to come back when I get better and get some pars and maybe only go through one sleeve...staff was really friendly from the starter to the maintenance to the cafe. Good pace of play finished in 4 hours.

We had a great time!

Even though I scored poorly I really enjoyed the course and will definitely be back. The course is interesting, there are some beautiful views, the staff was helpful and friendly. If you are used to pristine private courses, this does not compare of course. If you are used to public courses, this is one of the better ones in Los Angeles.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi u743762686. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club.

Nice, but needs some attention...

Greens were healing from aerification and slow, but probably a good week or two before they will be rolling better. I played Blue tees to help pace of play with the group, which we finished in 4 hours, so all good there. Layout is nice and has some good challenges, beautiful setting, fairways are extremely dry, tee boxes need some attention and the collars of the greens are terrible. A lot of bare spots on the collars. Very enjoyable round overall and would recommend the course to anyone. I don't think this is the standard course condition, but it's just an honest opinion on current conditions. With the COVID situation in effect, facilities are limited, but staff were friendly and have everything very well organized.

Angeles National

Very disappointed with the greens. You would think the course being closed for 2 months that the greens would be perfect. There were still punch marks in them which made them very bumpy...

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello u314159955482. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Kingwilson! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Angeles National Golf Club!

This course need fix around the edge of green.

good lay out somewhat challenge lot of death spot around edge of the green

Commented on 02/27/2020

Hello, chealay. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Angeles National Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 02/27/2020

Pace of play after paying $130 was about 5.5 hours. Not a single Marshall to be seen to keep groups keeping pace. Group in front of me was falling behind. I would say the snack stand/grill needs a total revamp. The $15 turkey sandwich looks like it was made with $1 Food4Less meat. The course layout is great, theres no doubt there. But condition, pace of play, and player amenities (ie snack stand) need improvement to justify the $130 fee.

Commented on 02/27/2020

Hello, Hiranp85. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Angeles National Golf Club.

5 1/2 Hour Round

We enjoy this beautiful but challenging course. However,, they overbooked the course for Presidents Day holiday and had NO marshalls on the course to maintain pace of play. This is one of the more expensive public courses outside L A.., but we consider it a treat to splurge and play here periodically.. We did not get our money’s worth this time. We can play a shorter round on any L. A. city course for a lot less money.

Could Have Been Better

You wrote a review for Angeles National Golf Club 8 minutes ago
3.0 star rating2/17/2020
We normally love playing this course. It's beautiful and challenging and much more expensive than other local courses, but we consider it a treat. Playing on Presidents Day, however, we paid a premium price for a 5 1/2 round as they packed the course (we heard they normally book 60, but for this holiday they booked 200) and didn't have any marshalls (which they normally do) out there to keep up the pace of play. If I want to spend 5 1/2 hours on a course, I can play any L.A. city course for a lot less money. Also, their restaurant is closed on Mondays. If you're going to book that many people, perhaps you might consider having the restaurant open. The snack shop was open, but it took a while to get an order. They'll deliver an order from the snack shop to your cart if you're willing to wait three holes to get your order. Such a beautiful course, but it may be a while until we play there again.

only saturday course near LA with reasonable play

very difficult greens, little sand in traps... very tight lies

Commented on 02/17/2020

Hello u314159676644. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Has an Arizona golf feel

Beautiful views of the mountains and rocks lining many fairways give it an Arizona feel.
Pluses : fun layout, super challenging, smooth greens
Minuses: no water to drink at all :(
Fairway grass is burned
Bunker sand is too inconsistent

Commented on 02/17/2020

Hi TheSportsVirus! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Pacoima, California