2.2
2.2

Antler Creek Golf Course

Year Built 2004
Golf Season Jan - Dec
Architect Rick Phelps (2004)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Plays Long 19
Entertaining Clients 6

The course conditions were horrible. Both fairways and greens were the worst I’ve ever played in Colorado. The greens were just terrible, half of them dead and horribly bumpy. This place might get better by mid summer, but I doubt it. I got a deal for 40 bucks, but wouldn’t think of paying more than that for this track. The only positive is that it was fairly empty, and I just used it as a practice round to try out different shots and break in my new driver. .

Has Potential. Needs water

Absolute garbage course.

I wish I could blame it all on the lack of water, but it’s obvious the course has been neglected for a very long time. I literally saw grass and weeds growing INSIDE a green-side bunker.

The sad part is, this could be a real 5 star course. The layout is really nice. There are 6 tee boxes to accommodate every skill level.

But I generally like to play golf on grass. This place is a total mess.

course needs alot of work

the green fee was way too high for what the course condition was. they are losing a lot of the fairways to dryness and the greens were in terrible shape I will not travel there again due to the course condition and the price it was a major disappointment, thats too bad cuz it sure looked great on the internet.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Absolute garbage course.

Either they should fire the superintendent or allow him to water the course more than once a month. Dried out is an understatement. Fairways are almost entirely hardpan, fungus-infested mess. Most greens were just hard dirt. The greens that actually had grass stimped to about a 4. I literally saw grass and weeds growing INSIDE a greenside bunker!
The sad part is, this could be a real 5 star course. The layout could be really nice. But I generally like to play golf on grass.

Course Need Work - Hope it Gets It

As other reviews from April 2020 have said, the course is in poor condition. I play Antler Creek 1-2 times per year and this was the worst shape I've seen in several years. This should be a fun course to play, but it needs a lot of work before that will be true this year.

Only the back 9 was open. We were told we could play the back twice for our 18. Fairways were recently aerated and they're in bad shape. Greens were recently punched and sanded. If this information had been on the webpage we probably would have found another place to play.

We paid $25 to walk 18, which would have been a great deal if not for the course conditions. Recommend finding another option until the course gets in shape.

This course needs care!

This was my second time playing his course and once again it was in terrible condition. The fairways were ripped up, dry, and sometime sandy. What should have been great, center fairway shots were ruined by the fairway being covered in dirt and I'm not talking about "muddy conditions." It was as if someone poured a bag of soil in the middle of the fairway. It's a problem when my shots in the rough have a better lie than fairway shots. The greens were also bad. Filled with divots and sometimes sand, it was very hard to get a good read because your ball could hit anything on the way to the hole. As I said, this was my second time playing and sadly the conditions were bad both times. I chose this course for the tee time availability and the "deal" of a price but I can honestly say I've played at cheaper courses that were much nicer. Not worth the money. Won't be going back.

Course Conditions are Horrible

This is the worst course in Colorado Springs right now. I played the course 2 or 3 years ago and it was beautiful. Now I probably won't play it for another 2 to 3 years. We had enough of a winter that it really shouldn't be this bad. Don't waste your money.

Great layout, poor conditions

This course is tough! Great layout, well designed and long! The condition where not very good though. Fairway were brown and crunchy. Greens on the front were mostly sand. Greens on the back were very hairy, but growing. I'd love to play this course again once the conditions improve. Did I mention its a tough course?

Terrible conditions

Fairways were in terrible condition. Better off hitting it in the rough on most holes. Greens were likewise in horrible shape. Dry, sandy, bumpy and unpredictable. Despite the cheap cost for a round, I will not be playing this course again.

Long track

If played from the tips this track is over 8,000 yards. A great design with amazing potential if only the course could be maintained. This course was obviously hit hard over the winter, greens and fairways were in terrible shape. I really hope that with current Covid restrictions this place can survive and that staff will have budget to at least get the greens back in shape...but there is a lot of work to be done. I am grateful they were open, I needed to get out of the house and enjoyed the 10 mile walk!

Great course for the money

Course was is good shape and staff was friendly. Place of play was slow on the back nine because a fivesome slowed down play. Definitely a good course for the money I paid on golf now.

Surprise, surprise!

After seeing so many negative reviews I was hesitant to try this course. Now I wish I hadn't waited so long. Excellent conditions even after severe thunderstorms. Wide fairways with penal rough. Huge undulating greens in great shape , rolling true. No two holes alike. Rolling terrain. Many tee selections for all skill levels. I am already telling my friends and will go back regularly.

Antler Creek

This is a nice track with the front 9 much easier than the back 9. The fairways are a bit wet in some spots from the evening watering but not enough to ruin your round. The gooses have made a mess of the 7 & 8 T Box and greens. Greens are a little slow and soft so you can go pin seeking. Over all a great challenge for most golfers.
Cart attendants are super nice as well as the staff in the Pro shop and restaurant. I’ll be back another time.
Aloha

Finally coming around

Great lay out, I really enjoy all the tee box options and the ability to have to make the course long enough to to just not hit driver wedge on everything. The course was in really rough shape 1.5 months ago when I last played there but it was in much better shape now. Still some bumpy sections on the greens and some areas on the fairways. However, the overall course is in great shape.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020