Antler Creek Golf Course

Antler Creek Golf Course
Yellow 72 5901 yards 67.6 119
Yellow (W) 72 5901 yards 72.8 136
Scorecard for Antler Creek Golf Course
Black M: 77.4/146 456 603 434 448 245 483 667 210 480 4026 657 475 538 187 480 697 414 230 410 4088 8114
Gold M: 74.8/138 407 546 415 423 225 441 622 171 448 3698 641 417 481 178 440 665 404 197 369 3792 7490
Blue M: 72.8/131 374 513 384 385 206 415 601 162 431 3471 607 395 450 185 387 620 381 164 347 3536 7007
White M: 69.3/129 W: 75.8/136 333 478 352 348 157 390 566 145 400 3169 569 353 417 146 358 580 348 154 315 3240 6409
Yellow M: 66.9/118 W: 73.0/130 310 456 324 314 134 356 527 116 374 2911 544 325 388 125 320 547 324 133 284 2990 5901
Green M: 64.6/113 W: 70.0/126 268 427 296 293 128 320 493 95 345 2665 514 297 358 104 293 518 289 95 260 2728 5393

Year Built 2004
Golf Season Jan - Dec
Architect Rick Phelps

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Plays Long 18
Entertaining Clients 6

Bravo on improvements

Have played the course a few times this year and the grounds crew has done a good job improving the course. Tees, fairways and greens were much better than last time I played. Will play it again if the weather holds. Good job.

Great course, poor pin placement

We played on a weekday and the course was in good shape considering the harsh winter. One person remarked that there had been great improvement over the past month because they lost some of the course to winter kill.

We stopped by the 19th for lunch and the food is great. I'd have lunch here any day I play. Friendly staff in the clubhouse and at the 19th.

I thought the conditions were good and the course was well maintained and seems to be on the mend. The greens were rolling fairly consistent, true, and reasonably fast.

I only gave 3 stars - course is recovering but not 100% yet. If it were pristine, this would be a top pick for me - keep up the good work.

My complaint is the pin positions for the day - stupid. Really stupid. I can understand 1, maybe two pin placements on a slope, but there were at least 8 pins located in ridiculous positions on the side of a slope in the green. If I'm 4' above the hole and just get the ball moving, I shouldn't be faced with a 10' putt coming back up hill that rolls back to my feet when I miss it. This is a hinderance to pace of play and frustrating to good putters.

The USGA has guidelines for pin placement, I suggest the super review that with whoever is cutting holes:

An area two to three feet in radius around the hole should be as nearly level as possible and of uniform grade. In no case should holes be located in tricky places, or on sharp slopes where a ball can gather speed. A player above the hole should be able to stop the ball at the hole.

Your greens have great places for pins and you should use them.

Gorgeous Fairways

The course is beautiful right now. Well maintained greens and picturesque views of the front range make this course a must play.

Challenge course

Not easy, But if you play good straight.

No problem.

My favorite course in Colorado

As of this weekend, this is absolutely my favorite Colorado course. Played here twice this year so far and it is in beautiful shape. If you haven't got the chance to play Antler Creek please do so. Greens are in great shape and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I look forward to playing Antler Creek again but with my friends this time around. I will be beat them too!

3rd longest course in the U.S

Ok so. I wanted so badly to love this course... But that was not the case

Staff: I was not greeted by any pro shop staff. Once I get not their attention all I got was "tee time?" And "last name?" And then "here's your cart key". Had to figure out where the carts were by myself and was given no direction to the 1st tee. Was never offered range balls.

Course: the pictures on the website might be the most misleading pictures of all time. I have played many golf courses throughout the U.S and this was by far the worst conditions I have ever played. They can blame it on the bad winter, or the dry summer, but I have played 10+ courses in the area and none of which were even close to the devistation this course had on display. Fairways: unplayable. Tee boxes: horrible. Greens: Inconsistent and spotty.

So why 2 stars and not 1 you ask? 2 reasons; 1: it is a "bucket list course" being 6th longest in the world and 3rd in the U.S. 2: The food/Bev service was solid and the food tasted good.

Overall Colorado has some AWESOME golf (Colorado National has been a great deal this summer) and there are many many other options out there. Take your money elsewhere (maybe spend an extra $15-20) and play a course that actually has grass in the fairways.

Good course, fun day, dry weather affecting things

Interestingly, I played this 7/13/18 & 7/20/18. In that interim, the course has changed a bit. On 7/13/18, the fairways were green, #1 was even wet! By 7/20/18, the hot weather appears to be taking a toll as some spots are getting almost Scottish burned out in a few places, and the turf is cracking a bit. If you can ignore that, the course is still very fun and overall green. There was a tournament preceding us and a 5 some just before us. Fortunately, the 5 some was kind enough to let us pass. The greens turned out to be a tad different than the practice green (slower and a bit wobby), but pick straighter lines with more vigorous energy in your putts, know that you'll stick more greens, and you'll be fine. This was the first time riding the course, it's far less effort. The nice temperatures made for a relief from the Denver heat. The 19th hole made for a good dinner on the patio, although the happy hour special of $0.01/final score made you wish you finished before 6p. This was a fun day!

I love this course because it challenges you at every hole. The fairways are a little rough in some areas but it is Colorado and it can get really dry. The greens are in amazing shape and can be a little quick. Overall, for the price, this is a great course for a beginner to your seasoned pro.

A fantastic Place for golf!

This place is beautiful with a capital B. Greens are well maintained as well as the fairways and boxes.

Getting Better!

Conditions MUCH IMPROVED over the last two months. Fairways were in very good shape and considerable work has been done on the bunkers. Greens rolled nicely but were very SLOW....too slow in my opinion. I played the course back in April and the condition was very poor. It's obvious that the staff has put in a great amount of energy and effort to get it back in shape. If you had a bad experience in the spring, I say give it another shot!

Needs some work

The fairways are in bad shape. By this time in the summer they should be getting the course in better shape. The greens for most part were good.

Getting Unplayable

The course conditions at Antler Creek have declined each year. This year is no exception with the conditions being the worst I have seen. At the regular rate of $55.00 I would be upset to pay that amount for what you receive in return. It was not worth the Hot Deal price but now that I know the conditions I will see what next year brings. Living locally I will drive out and lay eyes on the course before scheduling play. Others are not that fortunate but should read these reviews before considering.

This course is long and flat

This course could be really good if more money and effort were put into it to improve it. The course is basically flat but the layout makes it interesting. Because there are very few trees, you get the feeling of playing out in a open field. The greens need work as the grass was patchy so the golf ball did not roll smooth but bounced occasionally. The par 3 tee boxes need work as there were too many divots. On most of the holes, the rough was too tall for no apparent reason other than no effort was taken to cut it shorter, which causes a lot of lost balls. While looking for my ball in one section of rough, I did not find my ball but did find 8 other good balls. As I said the course needs work to improve it. I played the course because I got a "Hot Deal" price on Golf Now, but if I had to pay a regular price, I wouldn't pay more than $25 to play it.

Challenging course and the price was right

The lack of winter moisture and spring rain has left the course in rough shape. I think the price was fair considering.

Beyond that, it is a long and challenging course with a multitude of hazards on every hole. We had a great time playing and the staff took care of us before, during and apres. I look forward to playing a few more rounds at Antler Creek.

Go somewhere else

This course is intertible shape. The fairways are spotty and uneven. The greens are bad - very rough and the grass is bad in so many spots.

To top it off the pace of pkay was very slow and the course marshals only apologized for the slow pkay but did nothing about it.

Not interested in coming back

Very Poor Condition 6/4/18

Honestly the poorest conditions I’ve experienced in a while and definitely by June 4. Severe dead spots. I honestly believe they should close down until the course is restored from the horrible winter drought. Don’t waste your time or money till maybe August.

Surprised

Pictures are deceiving. The course was in terrible shape due to lack of rain.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019