Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club

Green (W) 71 5035 yards 67.9 118
Scorecard for Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club
Black M: 71.9/124 555 250 398 445 385 190 556 230 425 3434 340 430 560 461 190 375 420 350 445 3571 7005
Gold M: 69.4/119 535 205 370 420 360 175 525 181 395 3166 330 410 510 435 160 365 405 300 415 3330 6496
Blue M: 67.5/113 525 185 355 400 340 155 495 165 353 2973 315 385 490 405 135 345 385 285 390 3135 6108
White M: 65.5/108 W: 71.4/129 485 155 325 375 310 135 465 145 310 2705 300 365 470 390 125 325 370 255 360 2960 5665
Green M: 63.0/101 W: 67.9/118 440 110 295 315 280 105 435 115 255 2350 245 345 470 360 110 280 310 235 330 2685 5035

Year Built 1999
Architect Terrill LaGree

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Appropriate golf attire. No denim. Collared shirts required.

Surprised by aerification

Booked through golf now, drove 45 minutes to replay this fun track. Had been here last week and wrote a stirling review. As we entered the clubhouse, we saw a sign saying “restaurant closed due to aerification”. I looked at my brother and said “wow, I hope the restaurant has a turf floor and they don’t mean the course”. Well they meant the course. It had been aerated the day before and was totally unplayable as the greens were covered with chunks of dirt and mud. I spoke to the manager about why there was no aerification alert on Golfnow and he blamed GolfNow for not posting it. I also asked why they didn’t post a sign last week and he had no answer. Very disappointed after the log drive and stuck with no other option except to play on un-puttable greens, and to have the restaurant closed.

Fun course, amazing elevation changes

Played here a few times, always enjoy playing this hidden track. Super friendly staff jumped on our bags from the parking lot and guided us through checkin. Reasonable price through golf now. Greens were excellent with plenty of break. Tees and fairways a little rough in spots but mostly fair to excellent. What makes this place unique is the extreme elevation changes on just about every shot you hit. The only flat stance I had all day was in the pro shop while checking in! I’m a 10 hcp and played the blue tees and was adequately challenged on every hole. My wife is a 17 and was happy with her position and opportunities on every hole. Very fair course. Drinking water on nearly every hole and beverage cart available. Lots of natural hazards abound on each side of most holes and if you hit it crooked expect to be taking a long walk down a hill for your next shot.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 08/14/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and an excellent value. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Poor condition it use to be a nice course

Fairways are thin, greens are slow and bumpy and not mowed, rough well if your off the fairways good luck finding your ball. The course use to be one of the better ones

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

It's been a dry summer

The greens were slower than I'm used to for Sanctuary Ridge, but they were generally rolling true. The fairways were OK, with many of the less important areas (drive on to the fairway and green surrounds) having excess bare patches. I'm really surprised that few are playing here, since the price is good and most of the problems are cosmetic without affecting play. Just don't lose a ball in the deep rough. You may not find it.

Great layout, interesting elevations.

This course is a bit of a paradox. Unique topography that makes for a very fun layout. Like many central FL. courses it gets a bit overgrown in the summer. But if you keep it in the fairway it is very playable. After a period of neglect the course seems to be improving slowly. Goofy no carts allowed in the parking lot policy a bit of a deterrent to many. Pricing seems a bit steep for summer rates and current conditions too. Still it merits a round to test your skills.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our fun course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Drains well!!

This is probably one of the only course around that is playable.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 08/02/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our nice course layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC
Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and great value. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Coarse in poor shape

I like the coarse layout but the conditions are poor. The are bare areas on the fairways , greens and rough. Grass in the rough goes from 8" to no grass. It needs a ton of work. It is a shame because when this place is in good shape, it is a fun place to play. I used to enjoy playing here, not now.

The conditions remind me of the Legends coarse before it closed.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 07/25/2018:

The name of the game is fun

The scenery is great and the hilly course is fun, and challenging. This course is accommodating to just about any level player. Play it , I think you'll agree.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and great scenery. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

A great course destroyed

Sanctuary Ridge is without doubt one of the most challenging and enjoyable courses in the hills of Florida. If it were in better condition it would rival Mission Inns El Champion.

Sadly it in deplorable conditions with runnels running through the fairways and multiple bare areas. The grass is overgrown and the greens on the front nine especially are just bad.

Cannot understand how Clermont and the county does not see holding as a part of their treasure and step in to assist these great golf courses in that area.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 07/16/2018:
Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. We're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC
Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 07/16/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our nice course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Poor rental clubs.

We enjoyed the golf course, it’s in decent shape. They must not get people renting clubs very often here, they only had 2 hodgepodge sets and we had a foursome. The layout doesn’t come back to the clubhouse at the 9th hole and we only ran into the Bev cart on the first hole. So we had to make the trek all the way back to the clubhouse to get a drink and something to eat. I would love to play the course when it’s in better shape and I will be sure to bring my clubs next.

Dry Fairways

I picked this course because i knew it would be dry due to the elevations. We played early and the pace of play was great. The greens were a bit sandy and inconsistent. Most of the fairway bunkers are not being maintained and had some weeds in them.

I would only recommend if you are looking for a quick round and not having to worry about cart path only during the rainy season.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 07/06/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our nice course layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Dog patch

Poor condition, really bad layout and way over priced. This course is worth maybe $10 around at most.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/18/2018:
Hello, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Fantastic Course, needs some work

We have played this course dozens of times and always enjoy the layout. Unfortunately, this week the course appeared to be very tired. There were weeds on the fairway and the rough had not been cut. The exits from the golf paths were rough and bumpy. Many of the bunkers had weeds.

A real shame.

This is a beautiful course that needs some tic.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreicate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Brian and Steve Awesome

Golfnow messed up my tee time but Brian and Steve were so understanding and worked me in a slot to play. These guys get it. Their customer service is amazing and a great example for all business. Thank you guys.Sincerely Scott.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our amazing customer service and nice course layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Play this Florida mountain course.

Good course. Greens rolling well but a tad slow. Fairways are growing in nicely and the few holes that need extra grass should be ready soon.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

Fun course but requires stricter marshalling

Fun course, good layout and good challenge.

The day was spoilt by the pace of play - 4.5 hours for a single and the lack of etiquette displayed by other players.

Slow play is the curse of golf, and the marshalls could and should have been far stricter.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

Hilly golf

A very hilly golf course that requires some local knowledge to successfully navigate your way. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Course condition was just average with the greens just being punched and sanded.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our pleasant staff and challenging layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

poor condition

I called to check how the course was and was told that the greens have recently been dressed but they were running good now.

I was shocked to find the course in awful shape and the greens covered in sand.

I guess them working on the greens is a good thing , but they really need to do a major overhaul on the course itself. its in terrible shape. weeds everywhere.

we stopped after 9 and I did go in and ask for a little money back and they were not too bad about that. they offered me a return game of golf , but I doubt i ever would come back to this golf club. It will take a long time to get it back into decent shape, I doubt they will manage it, but i hope they do, too many course have gone this way and then shut down.

their buggy boys were quite rude , and could do with a little training on customer satisfaction, they seemed to have more buggy boys than course maintenance people, maybe it was a training day....

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 06/06/2018:
Hello, we apologize course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club, we hope you give us another chance in the future.
Montverde, Florida