Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club

Carts: Yes - included in green fee
Caddies: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire. No denim. Collared shirts required.
Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Green (W) 71 5035 yards 67.9 118

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views brunch

"Becoming one of my favorite courses in the Orlando area."

Hokie13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

So I booked the Ridge again due to a STEAL of a deal from GolfNow. I live local and had one day off this week and booked it for Friday the 18th. Unreal time! Staff was so accommodating with me too. I called the clubhouse early to see if they would be able get 18 in before the rain came in the afternoon when I had my tee time scheduled. They were so accommodating and let me play at 8:30 in the morning. First class team over there. Course was in decent shape despite all the rain that we’ve had in Central Florida. It seems that they have recently done some work on the greens because they were still very rough on some holes leading to some misses on my part. But overall still a great day. Fairways still need some work but they are in better shape than the last time I played. I love Clermont and I love the Ridge. Would love to become a member there once my wife and I move in the area. Tough course but the value cannot be beat!!!

"Sanctuary Ridge Clermont, FL"

gormley13's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

The course was in poor condition and lacks proper maintenance. Burnt out fairways due to lack of watering. Very little grass. Weeds in all traps. The back 9 was closed due to aeration; and the front 9 had been aerated the day before our round, making them unsuitable for putting. The staff was friendly; and food at the restaurant was good.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We're working on making improvements and we appreciate your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and good food. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club.

"The ups and the downs"

ga67ry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

This is a fun course and is one of my favorites to play. It has more elevation change any other course in the Orlando area. The greens are in excellent shape but the fairways let the course down. The rough is full of weeds and they have crept into the fairways substantially. The staff are always very friendly. I naturally will play here again but am hoping that conditions will improve.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

Hello, we're sorry the conditions of the fairways were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. We're glad you enjoyed the great shape of our greens and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Sanctuary Ridge"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

For a first-time player the course was very elevated, sometimes it left me wondering if and when I hit it in the fairway the ball was truly there. Make sure you stay in the fairway or you’re gonna be in some trouble as the rough at times makes it very difficult to find your ball. The greens however were in great condition.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our nice course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Disappointing condition"

fungtwo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Have played this course many times over many years and this was the worst condition that I have ever seen this course. The greens were in good condition but the rest of the course was poor. This course in years past was one of the best courses in the area and I have heard that new management had purchased the course and I hope they are able to invest some money in the course to bring it back to it's former glory.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We are working on making improvements. We're happy you enjoyed our nice course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Great course!"

Hokie13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

First time out at the Ridge yesterday. Had a blast. Very challenging. But fun, very scenic. Hard par 3s but the par 4s can be very forgiving to go after additional strokes. Fairways need a little bit of work but nothing major. Can’t wait to move to Clermont and hopefully make it my home course!

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/07/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout and scenic views. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

"Reconditioning in Process"

golfer1948's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

I have played this course for over 14 years. Today it was is the worst condition I have ever seen. They had airified the tee boxes and farirways. The fairways in my opinion had been overdone and there in places where there was little to no grass. I hope the new grass comes in thick and lush. This is a great layout with all the elevation changes. I will play here many more times this fall. For now though golfers beware!

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We are working on making improvements. We're glad you enjoyed our great course layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Poor condition"

bleeper's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

The course was good, challenging and the greens were good. However, two or three fairways were covered in the plugs taken out after coring and were almost unplayable. All the fairways had been cored, including the tees. I thought it was expensive for a course under maintenance.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/04/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Love the layout. Working on condition."

Sweetgig's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Challenging, fun, hilly layout. Greens were good. Rolled well. Staff friendly. They are working on bringing the fairways back to the condition I remember playing 2 years ago. I encourage players to support this course thru it's rehab. It is worth playing and saving for the future.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 05/03/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our fun course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Surprisingly good course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Having read some of the reviews I didn't expect a lot at this course but I was pleasantly surprised. The course was a bit rough on the fairways but the greens were in great shape and the course itself is quite hilly and very challenging. It's definitely worth a trip to play it. The pace of play was excellent and the staff are very friendly.

mchermak4415's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Ugly Fairway condition"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

I heard some improvement is waiting for soon.

There's no difference between tee deck,fairway and rough.

Good only green.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We are working on making improvements and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Fun course"

timlange65's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Greens are in good shape, fairways are thin, tee box need help. If you like elevation changes it is a fun course.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and fun layout. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

MIckey9900327's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

"Hilly and great layout!"

Milesfa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Surprisingly hilly gem in otherwise flat Florida. The course could be amazing if the fairways were in better condition. Tee boxes were fair but greens were awesome. Nasty sand bunkers and lunar craters made things interesting. This is not an easy course but well worth playing.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and a good value. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"Greens excellent"

4355martin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

The greens were in fantastic condition! Fairways a little dried out but very playable. Overall course in very good condition, have played here numerous times. Speed of play on this day very fast. Under 3 hours. Excellent!

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/13/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our fantastic course conditions and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club! #SanctuaryRidgeGC

"Great Layout . . . But STAND OUT!"

Robrien67's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

The layout, the vistas, pace of play . . . . All great!! Weeds growing out of shallow, unraked traps?!?!?! Ugh. No rakes to be found, and when they did “appear”, broken, missing teeth and all in one trap. . . . Waste areas were indeed “WASTE” areas. . . It’s like there’s no pride in the facility. With so many courses to choose from in the area, one would think you’d want to “Puff Up” a little? No one in the area can claim they have the views, the layout, the variable tee choices. . . The first few greens were S L O W . . . Wooly even. Then by the 5th or 6th hole, they were twice as fast. A total paradigm shift which was frustrating.

I really want to come back, but at $55, for the “overall” condition, I’d consider other courses within 5mi of the immediate area. Oh . . . And a port-a-potty? REALLY?!?!?! Clean up, stand up and STAND OUT!

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/12/2018:

Hello, we apologize course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. We're glad you enjoyed our nice course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club.

"great layout, awful conditions"

caeleric's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

i used to play this course over 10 years ago when it first opened. it was a lot of fun, boasting the biggest elevation changes in central florida. it has since changed ownership, and i was very disappointed to see how badly the conditions have deteriorated. the greens were very slow. the fairways were full of weeds and overgrown. the areas around the greens were mostly dirt and anthills with clumps of crabgrass. and to pay $50 for this really pushed the experience to the limits of enjoyment. there are far too many great courses in central florida to waste money here. i hope they get new management who makes the financial commitment, because the layout is great and it could be a fantastic course.

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

wilsonfc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Greens very good fairways need work, layout for a Florida course is very interesting .

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our nice course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!

"A great afternoon of golf"

bigzeee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

One of the better options amidst a plethora of choices.

Like the course, like the staff (particularly Larry the regular starter, a really no-nonsense guy), like the scenic elevated views, like the greens but the fairways could do with a lot of water and more grass which should cure itself come with the summer rains.

Course is rarely busy in the late afternoons, didn't see another player the whole round. A great time to play golf and relax towards the evening and dusk.

I would do it again and again

Response from Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and scenic views. Thank you for playing Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club!