Mystic Dunes Golf Club

2.6

Mystic Dunes Golf Club
Scorecard for Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Black M: 73.0/131 350 177 434 419 496 366 546 249 485 3522 375 508 428 344 175 510 200 571 379 3490 7012
Blue M: 70.8/124 329 159 420 400 453 352 527 222 460 3322 360 468 414 332 172 490 190 479 347 3252 6574
White M: 67.9/116 W: 73.9/132 300 151 370 355 385 317 495 199 423 2995 326 393 345 311 150 440 156 461 316 2898 5893
Gold M: 65.4/111 W: 70.7/124 268 134 349 302 338 271 446 181 349 2638 297 362 321 289 142 413 142 436 292 2694 5332
Red W: 66.5/118 237 104 274 251 286 245 383 165 334 2279 272 319 300 259 100 379 128 365 264 2386 4665

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Tifdwarf
Golf Season October - April
Architect Gary Koch

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Collared Shirts for Men, no denim

Course has improved , greens are slow

Played 4 years ago and it was excellent, Played 2 years ago and it was terrible. Played today and the overall condition has improved a lot. The building of new homes did not bother me at all as it is the future of the course. The Greens where very slow so not worth the price increase up to the standard price of a good course in Orlando.

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course that you have noticed the improvements that we've made. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Not as good as before

I’m writing this review to counter recent reviews that make it sound this course is farther along it’s comeback then it replay is. The greens were in decent shape, however they are extremely slow. Collars around the greens have inconsistent speeds on every shot. Tee boxes still have some issues with flatness and being fully grassed in. The fifth hole (a par five) has it’s tees all pushed up to the red tee distance of 286 yards. If you can get a good deal it’s an ok play, however do not pay the rack rate. There are many, many better courses in the area for your money

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We are still working on improving our course everyday so we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

Priced to high

Played course a couple of times this week front nine is under construction on 5 holes but other than that the course is in pretty good shape . I went to book a round for next week and discovered the price had gone up 50 percent . Can’t understand with all the construction on the go there why they would do that .

Good layout, bad condition

played Mystic Dunes for the first time, complex and clubhouse was very nice. There was an issue with their systems so they had to hand write all credit card info which made the check in take a while.

A little bit of shuffling of groups made the start a little complicated but the starter described the course rules and details very well.

Course has a lot of character with different holes and interesting obstacles/sight lines but the conditions weren't great. A lot of dried out areas, greens were sandy and slow and construction going through 3-4 holes.

For the price would recommend but in that condition wouldn't pay anymore

Under redevelopment

Going by the amount of construction and groundwork going on, there’s a lot of money going into flattening the landscape to increase housing. Let’s just hope they flatten most of the greens at the same time!

Contrary to their belief. Golfers don’t want to 4 and 5 putt greens just because they are set up to give impossible putts. This course is in the right area because it’s very Mickey Mouse. It is also very scruffy around the edges with lots of areas in need of repair.

Second Chance.

Having played this course a few years ago, my husband, son and son-in-law played the course as it was a course which we highly rated. They played the course a few months before it was closed for a number of months due to building of new houses within the course boundaries. At that time they were disgusted that they had actually been charged to play it. On this visit we visited Mystic Dunes to sound things out before deciding whether to play it again. Although there is still work to be done it is very evident that there has been a lot of work done and on speaking to people they said the greens were the best they had been in a while. The greens were in very good condition, albeit they were a little slow but they did keep the line. A number of fairways still have some time to go before they are completely up to standard but all in all we were glad that we had given Mystic Dunes a “Second Chance” and have decided that we would play the course again.

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Great! We're glad that you decided to give us a second chance and that you've noticed the improvements that we've made. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you and your family back again soon!

Too slow

On arrival the pro shop was quite friendly and helpful. The starter was very good explains all the current course work going on. The practice area was good condition and the course was ok as work on the course was being performed. The course layout is good but plotting your way around for the first time is near impossible on a number of holes.

We started and it was a very slow pace taking 70 minutes to do 3 holes. On approaching the forth tee there were already four groups on this hole and after 25 minutes another 2 groups started to wait on the tee with us. We made a decision to abandon the hole and try and skip in front of the slow groups !! This was impossible as we kept finding more groups on holes ahead !! We got back to the club house and spoke to the pro and decided to go out a couple of hours later after lunch and a few drinks. We left the club house after 2 hours just to pass one of the groups holding play up earlier. We the starters and completed our round in 3 hours 10 minutes.

The pace of play earlier was ridiculous and with s good course Marshall could be avoided !! I would not like to play a round of golf in over 6 hours and that is what would of been facing.

A nice course but I would not recommend or go back due to pace of play !!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/09/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you, but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at mysticdunesgc@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Great layout

Breakfeast and Alondro very good,check in staff Good, marshall good.

Cart men were rude and unfriendly and could turn you off coming back!!!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/09/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

The course was decent for the money, my only issue is there were not enough yardage markers very few!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/09/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon!
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 10/01/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at mysticdunesgc@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Under new management

We have played this course for a few years now but the course in 2017 was not good. Under new management the course is in great shape. Fun course to play and has live entertainment at the bar on Friday nights. Will be putting this course back on our places to play.

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/27/2018:
Great! We're glad that you you enjoyed our course and that you've noticed the improvements that we've made. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Course getting better

Greens great, course needs getting better, staff great. In all its all getting better!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/18/2018:

I read a lot of mixed reviews prior to playing this course, therefore, went into my round with maybe subpar expectations. I really enjoyed my round. I thought the fairways and greens were in good condition and enjoyed the layout of this course. There is a lot of potential for this course to be great and it is easy to see they are putting in their work to make this place a great experience. The only negative that I could say is there is a lot of new homes being built especially on the front nine. I this did not stop me from thoroughly enjoying my round and would definitely play here again. If management keepa up the good work this place is only going to get nicer!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back soon for your next round!

Petesstuff

Great value. Course was in great shape. Had a lot of rain lately so rough was a little high which results in possible lost ball on an errantshot. Other than that, all was super. Fairways and greens in very good shape.

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/11/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Mystic Dunes Coming Back!

We've played Mystic Dunes 6-8 times over the past 8-10 years, so we've seen it in its pristeen conditions, and we've watched deteriorate thru the past few years with all the construction going on.

We last played the course back in July, and after that round, we told ourselves we wouldn't being going back,,, at least for a long time.

Well, I had thought I had a GolfNow deal to use up, so we booked a tee time on Sunday 9/2/18.

And though the rain was not kind to us that day, we were pleasantly surprised that the course conditions are returning to how they've been in the past. All the tees, fairways, and greens had nice full grass. There's parts of the rough that were spotty and needed some ground repair, but that's par for the courses around here this time of the year with all the rain.

Defintely glad to see this fun layout coming back into playable conditions again!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/06/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you came back and gave us another chance and that you noticed the improvements in our course conditions. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

First time playing in 4 years, coming back

I have played this course several times between 2013-2014. I have also played pretty much every course worth playing in Orlando. It was always in variable condition back then, seldom in great condition, but usually respectable. Occasionally the greens would be superb, but the property is so vast they struggled to keep up. I understand it was once pristine, though.

Well, the last time I played this course was Dec 2014.The condition wasn't the best, I remember thinking. But enjoyable.

Played recently and it was 80% as good as it was the last time I played it, probably 65% as good as I've played it at its best - which is FAR better than I expected (although, I had surveyed the course the day prior to booking).

This course will NEVER have the same visual appeal it once did with all the construction and new houses, but I wasnt as put off by it as I thought. The fantastic layout remains, and even after they have built more houses around it that will hold true.

It can never be the mystic dunes of old, but if they can get the condition back to how I've played it in the past, or better - it will once again be my favourite track in Orlando.

Southern dunes doesn't have a layout this good, but they have the condition. I have always maintained that if this place just got the condition up a bit (back in 13/14) it'd be the best course in Orlando.

It was always my favourite course, and I look forward to that being true once again. Keep up the great work!

Some additional notes: Practice green is basically non existent, as is the chipping area - range not looking its best either. Those areas are 30-50% of what they once were at their worst. They also no longer give you balls pre round (which I'm pretty sure they used to) - one of only a couple in Orlando to do this. They also stopped doing the really cheap replay rate (which I never took advantage of sadly). However, if it means the condition will get back, I'm OK with these downgrades

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 09/06/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you noticed the improvements in our conditions. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our course. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Nice layout, Ok conditions but needs work

This course definitely could be really nice but currently it's below average in my opinion. I wouldn't pay more than 25 for a round based on the conditions now. The fairways are patchy and the greens are recovering. I stopped stressing over putts quickly because the ball just doesn't roll true. A lot of would be ponds were dry as well.

Play it if you get a good deal under 25 otherwise there's plenty of good golf in the area.

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/27/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our course, but we apologize that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We are working on improving our course everyday and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the near future!

Gary Koch should be embarassed!!

Ask pro at checkin what should I know about the course and he replies "greens recently punched, play to a level portion". I then get to hole 4. put a drive on the right side of fairway over hill and find my ball plugged in mud from the course being torn up for hopefully repair. and this continued for a # of holes. How disappointing, plus the remainder of the majority of the fairways were sparse and covered with unfilled divots. Since I work at a golf course, I know I or our staff would NEVER send out someone, especially when asked, to play those conditions!! Should be embarrassed!!

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/21/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy our course and that there was miscommunication. We are working diligently on improving our property and we do our best to communicate course maintenance to all of our golfers. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Review of Mystic Dunes

Having recently acquired a golf vacations business, I am trying to play as many of the leading Central Florida courses in order to build a recommendation portfolio for potential clients. Having played other courses such as Celebration, Falcon’s Fire, Lake Buena Visa, Champions Gate, Reunio+++ I realised that I had not given Mystic Dunes an opportunity due to usually much higher green fees. As the course was under reconstruction, I found an offer which provided me with value for money access to review whether the course would be worth the premium. I must say I was surprised and delighted with the experience. Staff were friendly and helpful, facilities were first class and the layout of the course first class. I will certainly return again once the landscaping upgrades are completed and hope to include the course in my business portfolio in due course.

An enjoyable day’s golf - thanks

Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Mystic Dunes!
Reunion, Florida