2.6

Mystic Dunes Golf Club
Scorecard for Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Black M: 73.0/131 350 177 434 419 496 366 546 249 485 3522 375 508 428 344 175 510 200 571 379 3490 7012
Blue M: 70.8/124 329 159 420 400 453 352 527 222 460 3322 360 468 414 332 172 490 190 479 347 3252 6574
White M: 67.9/116 W: 73.9/132 300 151 370 355 385 317 495 199 423 2995 326 393 345 311 150 440 156 461 316 2898 5893
Gold M: 65.4/111 W: 70.7/124 268 134 349 302 338 271 446 181 349 2638 297 362 321 289 142 413 142 436 292 2694 5332
Red W: 66.5/118 237 104 274 251 286 245 383 165 334 2279 272 319 300 259 100 379 128 365 264 2386 4665

Year Built 1999

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Collared Shirts for Men, no denim

Review of Mystic Dunes

Having recently acquired a golf vacations business, I am trying to play as many of the leading Central Florida courses in order to build a recommendation portfolio for potential clients. Having played other courses such as Celebration, Falcon’s Fire, Lake Buena Visa, Champions Gate, Reunio+++ I realised that I had not given Mystic Dunes an opportunity due to usually much higher green fees. As the course was under reconstruction, I found an offer which provided me with value for money access to review whether the course would be worth the premium. I must say I was surprised and delighted with the experience. Staff were friendly and helpful, facilities were first class and the layout of the course first class. I will certainly return again once the landscaping upgrades are completed and hope to include the course in my business portfolio in due course. An enjoyable day’s golf - thanks
Course Conditions Poor
Course Layout Good
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Mystic Dunes!

Big turnaround

We took this course out of our weekend rotation a little over a year ago because conditions were not good and getting worse. This weekend we decided to give it another try and we sure are glad we did. The new management is doing an excellent job. The greens were beautiful and the rest of the course was in good shape. Facilities and staff are also very nice. We look forward to returning soon! Great value for the money!
Pace of Play Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Great! We're glad that you put our course back in your rotation and that you enjoyed our course improvements. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Needs work

Layout interesting, greens undulating but very slow. Course needs some tender loving care.
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Average
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and we appreciate your feedback on our conditions. We are working everyday to improve our course and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Huge improvement

I have played this course regularly for the past 4 years, and I've seen the good and the bad. There were times when this course was in great condition, but it fell on hard times and was in pretty bad shape. New management has taken over recently and it is obvious that they are committed to bringing it back to the 4 and a half star rating it once enjoyed. In my opinion, Mystic Dunes is one of the top course layouts in the Orlando area. This course is very playable and I'm anxious to see the improvements over the coming months. Keep up the good work.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that you've noticed the improvements we've made. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

great course

I played back in december and tge course was ok, they were going through management change but i was still pleased. just played in July and could see huge improvement in conditions plus the pro shop was stocked. I would and will continue to come back to play.
Course Conditions Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 07/26/2018:
Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you've noticed the improvements that we've made with our conditions. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Mystic Dunes is on its way back!

I have not played this course for several years due to the change in management and the condition of the course declined. It is on its way back and will start putting this course back in the rotation on the weekends. There are still bare spots in the rough and some fairways, but the greens were nice. A little slow but at least they had grass on them and they rolled true. Hopefully MD will continue to improved to it previous stellar appearance!
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Fair
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that you've noticed the improvements we've made. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Must play

Don’t neglect this course like the past owners... make that drive and get the most of your hard earn dollars I promise you will be back to play this lovely layout..!! Never mind the changes just pay attention to the beauty of a Florida course in the summer and I’m sure there will be no disappointment...
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Mystic Dunes!

Hidden gem

I’ve played over a dozen courses in Orlando and felt like I was ripped off , but today I got my moneys worth.... From the time I pulled in parking lot and checked in i felt like royalty... Some fairways had spots, but for the most part the course is in Great summer condition.. The club house was SUPER friendly and sooooo helpful that I can’t wait to play it again this weekend.... FYI don’t waste your money on Disney over priced courses just make that trip to mystic I promise you won’t be disappointed from 1st to the 18th green you will be challenged....
Course Layout Good
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and that you found us to be a good value. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Mystic Dunes - Such Potential

This is a course that with some good care over the next couple of years could be a great course. The design of many of the holes and greens are superior to a lot of other courses in the area in that they have some real character. Very much links in design with some challenging tee/approach shots. It is a course that is being reborn after a bit of neglect but don’t let that put you off - it is well worth the green fee and far more interesting than the much more expensive Disney Magnolia. This is one of those overlooked courses due to its history over the last few years but if it is looked after it is definitely one to play. The only criticism I would make is that the most welcoming and helpful person we met was the girl on the drinks cart, who in the absence of the starter guided us to the first tee following her cart - or at least was trying to when the starter shouted to us, having finally appeared from somewhere behind the clubhouse. No pleasantries or apologies just “I need to see your receipts”. Give the starters job to the drinks girl or find someone with that ‘Disney-type’ welcome.
Staff Friendliness Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 07/19/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that you've noticed the improvements we've made and we appreciate your feedback on our staff. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Fun day poor fairways

This is a real challenging golf course with very interesting holes. The putting greens were in good shape. The fairways were in poor condition and you needed to roll the ball for a lie. The rough was even worse with gaping holes, you needed to move the ball and drop. Still it was a fun day.
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Mystic Dunes Golf Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We apologize that our fairways didn't meet your expectations and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019