ChampionsGate - National Golf Club

• 8575 White Shark Blvd., Championsgate, Florida 33896
  • (407) 787-4653, (888) 558-9301
  • www.championsgategolf.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Greg Norman (2000)
Type: Semi-Private/Resort
Style: Traditional/Parkland
Greens: Floradwarf/Poatrivialus
Fairways: GN1 Bermuda

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Leadbetter Golf Academy"

Dress code: Shirts with collars and sleeves; slacks or Bermuda shorts are considered appropriate attire. No tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cut-offs, sweat pants, warm up suits, blue jeans or denim shorts, tennis shorts, short shorts, or other athletic shorts
Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers playing multiple courses a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Awesome"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Fantastic condition! greens were excellent the course was alot of fun to play, very challenging but also fair can't wait to get back there

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We can't wait to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

"Great all round condition"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

2nd time playing , joined 3 guys had a great time great company , will be back , thanks

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Fantastic! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to having you back again soon the next time you are in the Orlando area!

"Great Course! Tough. But great."

Kitch3233's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Played the National course. (There is two. National and international) Course was very well kept. Very tough. But fun. Tough because of the huge amounts of sand traps. Greens were in great condition and very very fast. Onlyissue with the round was staff was running of a tournament finishing up. But they were still friendly. No bev cart on the course and no real chance to ever get back to the club house was our only actual issue. Would definitely play again.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Wonderful!! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

izzyrider's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

Excellent course, pace of play was good, great time with good friends...highly recommend course!!!!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Outstanding! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you and your friends back soon!

"Awesome condition and staff"

joannclare's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Haven't played this course since it opened but was very pleased with the conditions and the friendly staff was a bonus. The course was open yet challenging and the greens were firm but true. The staff from the check in to the finish were all friendly . Will play again.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Excellent! Come back soon!

rwmdavid's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Fairways and greens were in good condition and we had an enjoyable round.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Great course"

Gerrit6951839's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Great couese, super staff, excellent condition. Great value for money. We’ll be back

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We can't wait to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

"Excellent experience"

patboeckner's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

We got a Hot Deal on GolfNow, which was excellent value. We thoroughly enjoyed our round, from the courteous staff and valet parking at check-in through to the drinks and food overlooking the course after our round. The course is in very good condition and we enjoyed the perfect greens and tees. We did wonder why the areas between fairways were filled with weeds when the rest of the course is so beautiful. I thing management should address this. I also was quite disturbed by the 15th hole which is virtually unplayable for a woman - a par 3 at 147 yards over jungle with a small gap between trees to see / shoot the green and no pathway to play a shorter drive. If I play again, I will likely skip this hole.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Nice Course"

davidmewton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

First time on the National at Champions Gate...or is it the Omni? Once we got there and found the parking lot, signed in and got our buggy all was good. There was no one at entrance so we didn't use 'bag drop' which caused a minor issue...but nothing serious.

A little slow to start as behind 3 ball and mixed pair...but still managed the round in under 4 hrs.

Course in lovely condition, especially the greens. Not the most picturesque course but well hidden in the trees. Do not consider playing without cart.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your review. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Great value!"

Christophe4154869's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Liked everything about the course! Perfectly manicured from tee to greeens on every hole . Forgiving enough to make it enjoyable, with a few challenging holes sprinkled in to keep you honest. Friendly staff and very nice clubhouse. Best course I have played in central FL for the $$.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/02/2018:

Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you and that you found us to be a good value. We can't wait to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

"You need to have a more then decent golf game to play this course"

McWally64's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

The layout is beautiful. Course condition excellent. However it’s a difficult course for players handicap 18 and above. You absolutely need to hit your spot. If not you’re in big trouble. So not suited for beginners.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 05/02/2018:

Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Great but tough course!"

vr360homes's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Champions gate is always windy which make this a tough course especially when the greens are as firm as they are right now. I have play both courses twice this week and they are both great courses and in fantastic condition. If I had one comment it would be that the greens are too firm for club golfers. They only hold the most well struck of shots which make them difficult especially the international. I played a mix of blue and black tees so tough even in still conditions but factor in the wind and rock hard greens it becomes very tough and can make you look a bit silly. I am sure both courses are much more friendly off the whites but these courses were designed to be played from near the back tees. Would definitely recommend them both but you need to bring your game!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our course. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 04/27/2018

I think the greens need more water as they are just too firm for an enjoyable game. But if you like a tough challenge this is the place for you. We are hoping to play there again next week and I am hoping for some rain to soften the course.

"Beautiful course but not fair"

hose007's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

Let me start by saying course is in great condition, very professional from start to finish. However, this course is absolutely brutal in the wind, and the greens were hard as cement, they did not hold at all. It made for a horrible day. I'm a 6 handicap, when I hit a gap wedge into a green I expect it to hold, these greens did not hold at all. To make matters worse, the approach to greens was very difficult, small landing area which made the course impossible to score on. It felt like a ripoff since it was clear , water has not been applied to the greens. Had to search for a ball mark regardless of approach, Gap wedge or 7 iron it didn't matter. My golfing partner said too many traps and every shot fed into a hazard, we love a challenge but this course was simply put ..... Not fair.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Thank you for your review! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations but we apologize that you didn't fully enjoy your round with us. We'd love the chance to learn more about your experience with us. Please reach out to us at 407-787-4653 and ask for Jonathan, Andy, or Patrick. Thank you again for your review!

Commented on 04/27/2018

I totally agree with your review, I have played both courses twice this week and found them very hard. The greens are very very firm with the National being a little softer.

"Beautiful Day"

med9344's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

Played the National side with two college buddies. Overall, very nice experience...friendly staff, nice facility, feels like a public course more than a resort course. Fairways and greens were in good shape and well-groomed as were traps. Only complaint was lack of a ranger to move along the pokey twosome in front of us! Definitely would go back.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We apologize that the pace was a little slow, but we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Better than International course"

Rentall's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

I always found the International course nicer than the National but no longer as I found the National in better shape and more interesting as far as layout, not as wide open and more enjoyable to play. Great facility!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented and we can't wait to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

"Let's do it again!"

CherokeeFlyer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Completely enjoyed the National course. The course is in great shape- the greens are perfect (in my opinion) and are really fast. I love it! My foursome plays 2 times a week so we can't afford to play these high dollar courses too often, but we plan to return soon. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this course. I don't like links style courses, but if you do, the International course is very nice also.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our conditions met your expectations. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you and your group back again at ChampionsGate!

"It's a pretty good course"

Rmcdowell's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

It was a very windy day and we got rained out on number 17. Course was in pretty good condition. There are a couple of tricked up holes near the end of the back nine. The greens are hard to hold.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge that our layout presented. We're sorry that you got rained out on 17 but we hope to have you back again for a full 18 soon!

michael2988's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Awesome! Come back soon!

"Fantastic Experience"

daveg628's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Played at Championsgate with a group of 8 guys. We take an annual trip to Orlando, and Championsgate will now be put on our ‘must play’ list every year. With as dry as Florida has been this season, this course was green and in fantastic shape. Fast and true greens! Staff was extremely friendly as well. Dealt with Patrick in advance of our trip to organize two foursomes playing 36-holes (which is not easy to coordinate in Orlando in April). Can’t wait to go back next year!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Wonderful! We're glad that you and your friends enjoyed your experience with us. We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that our course conditions met your expectations. We're also happy that Patrick was able to help set everything up perfectly for you guys. We can't wait to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!