Stonehenge Golf Club

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Green (W) 72 3738 yards 62.6 108

"Sadly Disappointed"

golfkatz1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

We heard lots of Hype about this place.......Bull hockey....Punched greens soaking wet from over watering.....Airified greens on the back 9 and then and the plugs were just thrown everywhere beside the greens....many greens have patches and were not mowed today.....He played with one of the staff from a different facility. and regular /member.....We were not treated well .......and both people would not shut up when my wife and I were hitting our shots.....Normally you would thing I was just a disgruntled patron....I was a PGA Club Professional....and we were not forewarned about the course conditions or we would of never paid the rate for this course....Sorry guys and the cart loading and unloading for a top facility in Tennessee unacceptable...... as well.....

"Great design"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2016

Loved bent grass fairways and greens. Great challenge and needs course management to score well. A bit over priced. Compared to other courses in the areas

"Great Layout, Awful Greens and a Ranger on a Power Trip"

jck100481's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I organize a yearly trip for 16 guys and because of this course, I will not be bring my group back to Fairfield Glade. This is the fist review I have ever written, which shows how I feel about this course.

This course has a great layout and is much tighter than it looks from the tee. Out of Bounds on every hole for the most part. I'm giving this course a negative rating for 2 reasons.

1. This course may have had the slowest greens I have ever played. This course is built in a heavily wooded area and therefore their greens get no air. I believe I saw one fan on the entire course for air circulation, that was it. In fear of losing their greens these greens had not been cut for days. I would guess they would have run at a 5 or 6 on the stemp meter. With the slow greens and the number of white stakes, this course for a 4some, should take about an 4 hours and 20 minutes to play, not the 4 hours they suggest in the cart. This leads me to 2nd reason for never returning this court. Ranger on a Powertrip

Stonehenge has a Ranger on a power trip was a complete jerk. My group was the first of 4 4somes to tee off. Our initial tee time was 9.00am, however because of a 2some in front of the group, we didn't tee off till 9.10, so we were late starting to begin with. Around the 5th hole the Ranger stops us, gets out of his cart and says in the most sarcastic, demeaning, condescending way, and I quote "Do you guys no how to tell time? This time schedule in your cart says you need be done with this at this time and you guys are 15 minutes behind. I'm going to beat a dead horse here, but you guys need to hurry. Get it and go..." At the point he came to stress pace play to us, we hadn't seen the group behind us yet and the twosome in front of us, was about a hole ahead. He proceeded to do this to every group in behind us and then proceeds to follow us for holes 7, 8, and 9. It was like big brother was watching you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about Rangers, because they do speed up place of place, but there's a way of going about speeding up play. This guy managed to ruin the round for quite a few people in our group. We managed to finish our round in about 4 hours and 15 minutes. Because of this one guy I doubt we ever comeback.

"Good Course"

ekuphi638's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016

We played 4 course while in Crossville and this was our favorite one. We also played Druid Hills, Dorchester, and Bear Trace. Not a very long course but make you think off the tee because of the dog legs. Will be playing this course again.

"Super fast greens"

mattthatsme's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2015

I love this course. It is always in great shape and the staff keeps things moving. Excellent views all along the course. I'm pretty picky when it comes to recommending courses, but I would recommend this course to anyone without any reservation (ok, one reservation - if you play during peak hours and don't qualify for a discount it can be pricey).

"Great Course but play is slow"

davisj0342's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Excellent weather

Course is pretty short but challenging enough and very nice views etc. only problem is clubhouse pairs you with someone if less than 4 are in your group. Person we were paired with caused a 4 1/2 hour round to take 6+ hours. The Ranger should've broken our group up at the turn or helped as we are all single digits and were very frustrated waiting 15 min between shots on the back.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Nice layout"

mcolwell's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Stonehenge is good test of golf and when we played mid-summer it was in fantastic shape. I was surprised by the speed of the grinds they were moderate almost slow. I found that disappointing but wondered if they catered to the retirees that frequent the course. Their are some spectacular holes that make the course enjoyable and adventurous at times.

Quality of food & beverage: Average