Riverside Golf Course

Year Built 1950
Architect Perry Maxwell (1950) J. Press (1950)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

On a College Campus 6

Not great but a good course

This was my 8th time playing here and the second time in the last two months. They fairways are fair, but I think the greens make up for it. They greens are fast and the pace of play was good. I do recommend this course.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi u787480576. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

. Great time.Nice course

Played Riverside for the 1st time and really enjoyed it Course is in really good shape and the greens run true. Super friendly pro and even with social distancing, other golfers were all very friendly. Will definitely play it again.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hi rjsteckler. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course!

great time

first time playing this course and due to the covid thing we had to walk but on the upside due to this course being so old they have very nice trees for a good game of shade golf. greens are in great condition and so are the fairways. i would recommend checking this place out if you haven't

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi, thanks for writing us a review. We know things are little strange due to COVID-19 but we are glad you were able to enjoy your round. We hope you will be able to join us when we don't have as many rules and restrictions. Stay safe!

Riverside in good shape

The course was in great shape and very walkable. Awesome experience !

Commented on 04/28/2020

Thank you for the nice review! It sounds like you enjoyed your round at the course and we are so happy to hear that. We hope you'll be able to visit us again when there aren't as many rules and restrictions in place. Stay safe!

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hello, salogna. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi u000007921807. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Commented on 04/23/2020

While we wish you would have elaborated more, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating. We hope you will visit us again soon in the future.

Commented on 04/23/2020

Hello, u705523342. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Riverside Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hello, u000003145095. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great fun!

Great staff & awesome club rentals!! Brand new Maverick’s!! Will play here again as soon as possible!

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hi johnsavidge. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

This course is terrible

The entire course is one giant slab of hard pan. Some driving ranges probably have better greens than this course. The only way I’d play it again is if it were free — and even then, I’d probably pay to play somewhere else.

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi, JakeHarmatz. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Blast from the past

Really enjoyed walking and playing the former Austin Country Club, now known as Riverside, thinking of Penick, Crenshaw, Kite. A very interesting layout on some nice hills, offering a good walk and lots of fun.

It had rained heavily in the past few days, so there was quite a bit of standing water, no problem with a normal condition. But I do believe they could walk around with a shovel, look for the places where water is standing ABOVE a nice elevation drop and dig a few trenches, clear a few pipes and allow water to flow off the course with minimal effort.

Commented on 05/14/2020

Hi, MICHATFIELD10107. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

This course is nice and open

Only reason for not getting a better review is because the greens were either as hard as concrete causing the ball to roll constantly, or they had tiny weeds growing causing the putts to bounce. Good open course though, probably really nice in the spring/summer when the ground isn’t so hard.

Hi,
Thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed the course. Please visit us again soon.

Return to Riverside after over a year

I had a muni season pass last year so between that and the construction on Airport Blvd I didn't make it to Riverside all 2019. My buddy got me out this morning because he said they've been pretty cool with them bringing his kid along, so I brought my one-year-old in a stroller and walked along with him. We weren't the only millennial parents with kids out there.

I was glad to see it was busy. That's typically not the case and while that might be good for pace of place it's less so for the economic viability of the facility which is owned by Austin Community College and it's hard to tell exactly how much they even want to operate it, Support is important because the east side just lost Bluebonnet Hills at the end of '19.

There was some overnight rain so the course was pretty wet. It's not the best-draining course out there. But greens seemed pretty consistent and I always enjoy the walk here - some great trees and gentle roll to the land. I only got to play 10 holes before our kids started tweaking, which is a shame because the back nine is way better. I plan to be back soon and hopefully get in all 18.

Hi Brandon,
It's pretty cool seeing someone from Golf Advisor visiting the course. We're are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit. We don't mind seeing kiddos on the course so please feel free to bring them in the future. We appreciate your support and hope you will visit us again soon.

It is what it is

I play Riverside frequently because it’s inexpensive but it’s the cheapest option in Austin for a reason. Pretty short, tight lies in fairways, and bald greens make for sub-par conditions but it’s still a fun time as you can score fairly easily out there. Also, BYOB is a big plus.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for your feedback. Please come back again soon.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good for the price!

Played twice, and the 2nd time I appreciated this design a bit more then the first. The front 9 is tight, elevated and short (2686 yards from the white). The back is much more wide open and quite a bit longer (3110 yards).

This could be a very nice course if they groomed the fairways, but the greens were in nice shape. The biggest complaint I had is the fairways were in rough shape, so your playing off hard packed dirt. Next time I plan on using more woods, and put away the irons.

Overall, not a bad experience for cheap. Can be very challenging due to the course conditions, and elevations.

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hi, freshgarbage. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Decent course for the price

Course was in decent shape. Fairways were a little rough but greens were fine. Pretty short course, but ok to get a round in on.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for the nice review. Please come visit us again soon.

I have always like to play at riverside (old ACC) there are plenty of fun holes and short par fours were there average joe can have a chance to score. The only problem is there seems to not be a lot of grass on the greens but it just maybe winter conditions. I’m no expert! The history of the course and the great players who have graced the fairways and greens should be enough for any local or tourists to want to come out and play.

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you are frequent visitors. We love our regulars! We also love that you appreciate the history of our course. Not everyone knows that we were originally Austin Country Club. Thanks again for the nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Layout & Course Condition

This is the old Austin country club iand the layout is really good. The course was in excellent condition, the greens are solid grass and very fast. I highly recommend this course especially for the value and condition.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy to hear you enjoy layout of the course. We hope you'll come out and visit us again soon.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020