Riverside Golf Course

Year Built 1950
Architect Perry Maxwell (1950) Press Maxwell (1950)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

On a College Campus 6

Great Value

Fun track to practice on. Greens are great and the course is a good value. Tee boxes are rough and the course can get a bit shaggy but you can’t complain for the price and location.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi u000007515634. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Great course for the value

Course was in great condition, greens rolled true. There is still has water puddles/runoff on cart paths.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u000002054977. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Riverside Golf Course thanks you!

Decent course quality, plays very quickly

The greens were hit or miss with the upkeep level. Some of the tee boxes were not setup for our 7am tee time. Otherwise the course is pretty decent for the price and was an enjoyable experience. It also plays very quickly, I finished my round in 3 hours which is about an hour faster than typical.

Commented on 07/02/2020

Hi u314160286545. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Hi, billthecat0105. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Riverside Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Rivetside is getting better.

In the past, Riverside was in bad shape. Now it's not. Cudos to the new management team. Greens are good tee boxes not bad, same with fairways.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Hi johnwoodruff, thanks for the feedback. It's great to hear you have seen some improvement at the course throughout the years. We aim for a 5 star review and appreciate any comments on how to make your experience better. Thanks again and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, eradjef! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course!

Not great but a good course

This was my 8th time playing here and the second time in the last two months. They fairways are fair, but I think the greens make up for it. They greens are fast and the pace of play was good. I do recommend this course.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi u787480576. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

. Great time.Nice course

Played Riverside for the 1st time and really enjoyed it Course is in really good shape and the greens run true. Super friendly pro and even with social distancing, other golfers were all very friendly. Will definitely play it again.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hi rjsteckler. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course!

great time

first time playing this course and due to the covid thing we had to walk but on the upside due to this course being so old they have very nice trees for a good game of shade golf. greens are in great condition and so are the fairways. i would recommend checking this place out if you haven't

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi, thanks for writing us a review. We know things are little strange due to COVID-19 but we are glad you were able to enjoy your round. We hope you will be able to join us when we don't have as many rules and restrictions. Stay safe!

Riverside in good shape

The course was in great shape and very walkable. Awesome experience !

Commented on 04/28/2020

Thank you for the nice review! It sounds like you enjoyed your round at the course and we are so happy to hear that. We hope you'll be able to visit us again when there aren't as many rules and restrictions in place. Stay safe!

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hello, salogna. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi u000007921807. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Commented on 04/23/2020

While we wish you would have elaborated more, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating. We hope you will visit us again soon in the future.

Commented on 04/23/2020

Hello, u705523342. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Riverside Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hello, u000003145095. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great fun!

Great staff & awesome club rentals!! Brand new Maverick’s!! Will play here again as soon as possible!

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hi johnsavidge. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

This course is terrible

The entire course is one giant slab of hard pan. Some driving ranges probably have better greens than this course. The only way I’d play it again is if it were free — and even then, I’d probably pay to play somewhere else.

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi, JakeHarmatz. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Blast from the past

Really enjoyed walking and playing the former Austin Country Club, now known as Riverside, thinking of Penick, Crenshaw, Kite. A very interesting layout on some nice hills, offering a good walk and lots of fun.

It had rained heavily in the past few days, so there was quite a bit of standing water, no problem with a normal condition. But I do believe they could walk around with a shovel, look for the places where water is standing ABOVE a nice elevation drop and dig a few trenches, clear a few pipes and allow water to flow off the course with minimal effort.

Commented on 05/14/2020

Hi, MICHATFIELD10107. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

This course is nice and open

Only reason for not getting a better review is because the greens were either as hard as concrete causing the ball to roll constantly, or they had tiny weeds growing causing the putts to bounce. Good open course though, probably really nice in the spring/summer when the ground isn’t so hard.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Hi,
Thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed the course. Please visit us again soon.

Return to Riverside after over a year

I had a muni season pass last year so between that and the construction on Airport Blvd I didn't make it to Riverside all 2019. My buddy got me out this morning because he said they've been pretty cool with them bringing his kid along, so I brought my one-year-old in a stroller and walked along with him. We weren't the only millennial parents with kids out there.

I was glad to see it was busy. That's typically not the case and while that might be good for pace of place it's less so for the economic viability of the facility which is owned by Austin Community College and it's hard to tell exactly how much they even want to operate it, Support is important because the east side just lost Bluebonnet Hills at the end of '19.

There was some overnight rain so the course was pretty wet. It's not the best-draining course out there. But greens seemed pretty consistent and I always enjoy the walk here - some great trees and gentle roll to the land. I only got to play 10 holes before our kids started tweaking, which is a shame because the back nine is way better. I plan to be back soon and hopefully get in all 18.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Hi Brandon,
It's pretty cool seeing someone from Golf Advisor visiting the course. We're are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit. We don't mind seeing kiddos on the course so please feel free to bring them in the future. We appreciate your support and hope you will visit us again soon.

3.8019882353