Riverside Golf Course

Year Built 1950
Architect Perry Maxwell (1950) Press Maxwell (1950)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

On a College Campus 6

It got worse over the years

I remember this course being pretty decent but the last time I played this course, the fairway was so hard I thought I was hitting my ball from a concrete floor...

The Group in front of us was hitting two balls per person and then there was another group in front which was super slow. One of the guys behind my group was blasting music (which I don't really care as long as it's not too loud but his was) parks right behind my cart while I'm trying to hit my tee shot making me unable to concentrate. After I hit my shot, this guy wearing his no sleave shirt says daylight is short so don't hit two balls per person when we were playing with just one ball which made my uncomfortable (my tee time was at 2:40 PM and ended up teeing off closer to 3 because of those groups in front of us). No marshalls to keep them in check.

I used to like the course but I don't know about now...

Not worth over 35 dollars.

Worth the hot deal

Wouldn’t pay over $40 for this course but it’s worth the deal. Greens are nice except some patches. played on a weekday and finished in 3 hours so pace of play was excellent!

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hi, u3752825. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course!

Course is a pleasure to play

I enjoy this course. There is a mix of easier holes and tougher holes. The course is in great shape given the very dry conditions. Even on a nice (but windy) Sunday morning, pace of play was good.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, ATxFergy64! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hello, u908892250. Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Riverside

The course played really well and was in really good shape. It was a busy day on the course, but rarely if ever did we have to wait on shots because of groups in front. Under 4 hours pace of play. Also had some pretty good size and good looking bucks out along the course.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hi, CoachBean9. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Nice for a quick round

Course is in decent shape. Greens are starting to fill back in and soften up, but we’re very wet. This is a great course for beginners, or anyone looking to get out and play a quick afternoon round. Wish there was a full driving range, but the hitting net is a nice touch. Prefer when #1 is configured as a par 4. Hope they keep repairing the greens and tee boxes over the fall/winter. Seems like the course took on a lot of traffic after reopening after COVID, but it’s on the come up again. Staff is always an A+.

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hi HarpSauce21, thank you for writing us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. We appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to improve the course throughout the year. Thanks again and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Great course for the price

Not a very long course as far as length is concerned. Chipping was fairly difficult because the grass wasn't very high in the rough or up around the green, but all in all it was a good experience.

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hi Austin1242468. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Customer service

You might get confused when trying to drive to this course. Just follow google maps.
Checking in was easy.
Marshall drives you to the first tee.
Course was super wet. No sand on our cart to fill divots.
We had 6 with us. At some point the course was slow so we joined up. Keeping a decent pace of play, meaning no one was playing into us.
Marshall was very rude in his request for us to SPEED UP AND SPLIT UP.
he got our entire group riled up to the point some of us couldn’t enjoy the rest of the game.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hi Ltghhs, thank you for writing us a review. We are sorry to hear about the customer service you experienced on the course. This is not representative of Riverside. We will speak with our team to ensure this problem does not come up again in the future. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Wonderful afternoon

I'll certainly return to play again. With the exception of a couple of tee boxes, the course was in excellent condition--especially given the lack of rain. Pace of play was good on a Sunday; we seldom waited to hit a shot. The course layout isn't particularly interesting, but there is enough variety in the layout to not be boring. There are a few long par 4s to challenge bigger hitters, but there are some shorter par 4s to make scoring possible for those who don't hit a particularly long ball.

Commented on 10/15/2020

Commented on 10/12/2020

Fun course , great price , awesome staff.

I just stated playing golf in July but have played over 20 different courses. Riverside is a great place for someone that plays a lot but doesn’t want to spend $50 every round. The course is always in good shape and for the money , can’t beat it.
The staff if always on their A game and very friendly. Great Group of guys in the pro shop and greens guys.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hi rwhitton9891. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Loved this course. If you haven’t played it it is a fun course. It’s open for beginners and is well kept so hitting off grass is good. Well hope you can get a day on the course here and price is good deal too. Enjoy and shoot for the 60’s

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi u314160831481. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Overall

Overall, the pro, course, greens, pin placement was excellent . . . for a muni course, this one is really good.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160886258! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course!

Fun Course!

This is a great course of you are looking to play a quick round and for the Austin area that’s a big plus! Riverside is short overall making it a good one to score well on. Though it’s short the par 3s are a bit longer and challenging. Overall in pretty good shape with a simple layout making it fun for experienced golfers and excellent for those learning the game!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi u314160812641. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Below average

Was shocked to see this course get 5 stars.. tee boxes were either rock hard or 100% sand. Greens were a mess on more than a couple holes. I gave it 2 stars, had it at 3 and was going to say average but thought about a couple instances where I said “this is bad”. Below avg. muni course.

Commented on 10/06/2020

Hi TannerRanner. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Green everywhere

Got a walking tee that got me playing alone. That was great, no COVID. I was met at the stairs and paid outside, good idea. Course was green and lush. Looks like they've cut some of the trees on number 7. Greens were pretty good. Layout still pretty good. Will keep them in mind now that the 183 toll Rd is almost done.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Hi John5625868. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Fun and affordable

Riverside is a fun and accessible course with friendly staff, including beverage cart on weekdays. The greens are usually in good shape and the price is always right.

Their practice green is in tremendous shape and although there is no driving range, they do have a huge practice net that is just fine for warmup.

Did I mention the price? They have some great deals during the week.

Commented on 09/25/2020

Hi robnite. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

3.8219823529