Staff Friendliness

Opened in 1955, Meadows Golf & Swim Club is one of the New River Valley's oldest continually running golf courses. The course has a traditional layout that measures only 5,864 yards from the back tees, a seemingly short course compared to modern designs. Though you may not have to use your driver, your putting skills will be put to the test. The back nine wasn't added until 20 years after the front nine but they still manage to complement each other perfectly. The greens all vary in size, speed, and undulation but generally the front nine has larger greens. The golf course sprawls across mountainous terrain, providing dramatic elevation changes as well as stunning views. To make Meadows Golf & Swim Club even tougher, water comes into play on all but three holes.
Blue 70 5864 yards 117
White 70 5553 yards 113
Red 72 4576 yards 111
Red (W) 70 4576 yards 105
Scorecard for Meadows Golf and Country Club
Blue M: 68.7/130 329 323 171 434 340 424 370 151 379 2921 329 354 339 524 98 453 156 336 344 2933 5854
White M: 67.6/127 323 319 151 417 308 404 320 141 352 2735 314 344 327 502 88 443 140 321 329 2808 5543
Gold/Red M: 63.9/117 W: 67.5/118 267 308 120 396 258 300 254 141 266 2310 200 218 249 427 82 434 100 232 314 2256 4566

Year Built 1955
Architect Porter Gibson

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times. Cut-off jeans, swimsuits, and tank tops not allowed.

great mountain views, but not much else.

extremely hilly course. many blind shots with few distance markings. course not very well maintained for a semi private course with clubhouse n pool. long roughs were bad for losing fairly good tee shots. only flat spots on course were tee boxes and greens. and part of parking lots and the pro shop. .did not see much to bring me back to this course even at decent rate thru golfnow!
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Fair

Nice Course, but somewhat difficult

This course is well-kept and not too difficult to find one's way around with the cart path. The course would not be very difficult if it were not for the elevation changes; however, that is to be expected in this part of Virginia. For players not used to playing up and downhill (like myself!), it can be very challenging trying to figure out which clubs to use. Several times playing the course would make that much easier. All in all, the course is beautiful, and I had a great experience. I look forward to playing it again.
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Average

Nice Course

Great value for money, with elevation changes that challenge your club selection. Staff were friendly. would love to play course again.
Course Layout Excellent

Never again

This was my first time playing this course and I have to say I will never go back. As a below average golfer, it was extremely difficult. The greens were like Augusta, fast and lots of slopes. A lot of blind green shots from 100 yards out, and very many unrealistic holes. If you are a scratch golfer, give it a shot, but if you are below average and just like to play a nice round of chill golf, dont go here. The driving range is only 200 yards, so how am I supposed to warm up with my woods and my driver? Staff was not very friendly, and there was no drinking water on the course. An 88 yard par 3, how is that fun and realistic? Very confusing layout, no road signs, or tee box signs, and cart path was very confusing; Its like they built this course in a months time. Im sorry, but never again.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Poor

Better bring your A game

Tricky holes with incredible pin placements. This is target golf at its best. Fast greens manicured fairways bring you to your knees. It's an uphill battle all day. Spectacular views of some of the most peaceful part of America. It's a must play !

Fun Course Lots of Elevation Changes

My son and I are from Illinois. He just moved to Roanoke and this was our first time playing this course. We were blown away by the vistas and views from a few holes. Lots of elevation changes. So a big change for us. The course was in pretty good shape overall. They are redoing a par 5. It was down to a par 4 hole. But we were glad it wasn't a par 5. It would have been crazy tough from where the tee box was. The greens were pretty nice. We got there at 7:30am and they let us out. So most of the greens hadn't been mowed. But we were told that and wanted to go out. The gentleman that waited on us behind the counter was very friendly and nice to talk to. I'm sure we'll play this course again when I come back to town.
Quality of food & beverage Excellent

Elevation

Front 9 of this course plays well, a lot of elevation changes throughout the course. Back 9 needs some work as far as course conditions. For the value its still a steal though.
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Poor

first time golfer

for just starting I found a love for golf in this course help me play to who I want to be I would always come here and I enjoy playing here

Greens were great

The only problem for me was no flat ground.almost all greens are up or down looking forward to playing it again.you just have to play it to in joy it not what I would call a walking course.

Meadows Golf Course VA

Very nice course. Some water and tough rough. Played while visiting with my son. (He lives in Hawaii and I got to see him that weekend), Enjoyed the time together. One hole had a really elevated green with a creek just in front of it.
Off-course amenities Excellent