Length 6968 meters

Franklin Bridge Golf Club (formerly known as The Crossing GC) runs alongside the Harpeth River, which borders 15 of the course's 18 holes. Opened in 1970, the course has a classic layout that will appeal to a wide range of skill levels. Some of the holes definitely present a formidable test, the 16th and 18th for example, which have been hailed by local media as two of the best and most challenging holes in the state, but it is the par-4 ninth with its island green that is the course's signature hole. Although the layout offers a fair challenge, there is also some room for error that makes it more approachable for beginners. In addition to the course, Franklin Bridge Golf Club boasts an 8-acre driving range as well as chipping and putting greens equipped with a practice sand bunker.

Franklin Bridge GC (aka The Crossing)

Year Built 1970
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Gary Baird (1970)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Lockers

19th Hole Specials 7

Nothing special

Decent track in okay shape, it was raining most of the round so all things considered the greens held up alright. A little disappointed our greens fee was supposed to cover range balls and then they told us the range was closed as there was still half a dozen people on it. Pretty straight forward layout, #9 is a little wonky. A few blind tee shots/dog legs that you’ll want some sort of GPS app or reliable range finder to know whether or not you can hit driver off a few tees since there’s not really any course maps.

Also thought it was hilarious when I ordered my complementary beer at the turn I asked for one of the IPAs that was local and they said it was only good for “domestic” beers. Apparently domestic just means “cheap” now.

Great Service Run Well

I played this course several years ago and was back recently after hearing there was new ownership. Brooks is hands on and you can tell has trained his staff to be friendly , accomodating and professional. The hospitality is strong and you get the feeling thay are glad you are spending part of your day with them.

Franklin Bridge

A beautiful course and scenic views love the bridge you go across a couple of times

Great experience for this beginner

I had a wonderful time on the course today. First time playing in about 17 years. First time at this course. From a beginners perspective, I think it offers a great challenge for a wide range of skill. (Beginner/Advanced) Staff was extremely friendly. Very impressed with the greens and overall condition.

Nice fun course but.

Course was in good shape. My problem was my golf cart died. There happen to be a crew member at the tee box so asked him to call to get me a replacement. He got in and it wouldn't move switching it from forward to reverse and nothing then he pushed it and it started going again he gave it back. Cart died again just before the green. Called front office to get replacement. In the meantime we allowed the players behind to play through while we waited. All was good till the marshall warned us we need to stay right on the group in front cause we were moving too slow. Then he warned us a second time while we were walking off the green. I asked where is the group ahead of us and he said teeing off. I said well we are right on them than so why are you telling us to pick it up. Then a 3rd time he told us the group ahead will be skipping a hole so we can speed up. We felt unjustly rushed when if our cart hadn't died we would have been fine. So this was the fault of a bad cart and could have been solved if when I asked for them to call and replace my cart we would have been fine. Just sucks to feel rushed when you are trying to enjoy the game.

Fun course with motivated team

Played this course years ago and didn't like it. Came back this year and totally different vibe. Very motivated club house team that welcomes you and seems interested in making sure you have a good experience. I found Connor at the front desk to be particularly helpful. The course is fun, has a lot of different hole designs with the front being a little more challenging and diverse than the back. Course conditions are improving as they are re-sodding a few par 3 tee boxes and the greens have been top dressed in the past few weeks. Things are trending up and while the course conditions are not at the resort level you would find at Gaylord or Hermitage it did not negatively impact my round. This course is laid back and fun but still a little rough around the edges. I will be playing here more often and hopefully the rest of Franklin/Brentwood/Nashville doesn't start overcrowding this course.

Love to see it when it’s done.

The course is in decent shape and there is work going on everywhere. You can tell that when it’s done it will be really nice. I only got to play the front 9 because it rained. I’ll be back in the fall sometime and may try it again if it’s ready to go by then.

Maybe Next Year

The course has recently gone under new ownership and it shows. While it appears it is going in the right direction, some of the par 3 did not have tee boxes. The layout on the back 9 is far better then the front. They have some neat hole layouts and it would be worth seeing how they develop over the next year. In the mean time prepare to play off some hard surfaces.

Hey Casey,
My name is Brooks West, and I am the new Owner of Franklin Bridge as of early 2019. Thank you for playing our ever-improving Harpeth River bottom course and I appreciate the sentiment that we are headed in the right direction!

Progress is never fun in the midst of it, as I certainly share and agree with your frustration for the 4 holes with temporary tee boxes. If you read the historical reviews of this course from even way before I bought the place, unlevel tee boxes is one of the most common complaints.

In an effort to elevate the experience for all golfers, as you saw, we are completely renovating 4 sets of the worst Tee Boxes to make them much larger and most of all, FLAT! We will be laying fresh Sod this coming week and with the hot weather coming, plan to be playing on them in a few weeks by early June!

I really hope you reconsider re-naming your review to "Maybe next month", instead of next year! :)

Please send me an email to brooks@pga.com, and I will take care of your next round on me!

Pardon our Progress,
Brooks

Not worth what they’re asking

Three tee boxes under repair. Had one that played as a 70 yard par 3. Charged the full $60 for the round. Not worth it at all.

Hello Sir
My name is Brooks West, and I am the new Owner of Franklin Bridge as of early 2019. Thank you for playing our ever-improving Harpeth River bottom course!

As I mentioned to Casey above who shares your sentiment, progress is never fun in the midst of it, as I certainly share and agree with your frustration for the 4 holes with temporary tee boxes. If you read the historical reviews of this course from even way before I bought the place, unlevel tee boxes is one of the most common complaints.

Given the price of other public golf courses, we feel we are still a fantastic value with our all-inclusive pricing of golf car, range balls, lunch and a draft beer for our rates that are already 30%+ below competing public courses. There is even more value than that for those that join our $39.95 / Mo. River Club! :)

Given your bad experience and my desire to make you a raving fun of our exciting evolution and improvement, please send me an email to brooks@pga.com, and I will take care of your next round on me!

Please Pardon our Progress,

Nice Public/ Private Course

Once construction fo course is complete this will be a really nice and fun course for Amateur golfs. Friendly Staff with renovated club house and dining facilities.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you Sam, we are excited to be transforming this hidden Gem into one of Greater Nashville's finest golf experiences!

They are doing a lot of work to make it great

I haven't played here in around 20 years. We wanted to play somewhere different so, thought we would give it a shot. The deal they had for golf, lunch, a beer, and range balls made it a great option. Staff was great. Course was about what you get in Tennessee in the winter when it has been raining for 3 months so, that is a wash. I think once the course gets some good weathering, it will be great. The only thing I can say is that they definitely need new carts. The carts were past the expiration dates. No new features, no coolers, the hill brakes were horrible, and do not be taking a drink when the driver is hitting the gas because you will get a face-full of drink. Other than the cart, though, we had a blast and will definitely be back.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you for playing and all the positive comments!

The Golf Car Fleet we have is less than 3 years old and are reliable, but we have gone through and adjusted Brakes to improve that experience.

However, we plan to get a new Golf Car Fleet once the CV-19 'single rider' cart policy is lifted. That will be a welcome upgrade for all of us to see!

We can't wait to share our bright future with golfers like you!

3.7619285714