Length 6968 meters

Franklin Bridge Golf Club (formerly known as The Crossing GC) runs alongside the Harpeth River, which borders 15 of the course's 18 holes. Opened in 1970, the course has a classic layout that will appeal to a wide range of skill levels. Some of the holes definitely present a formidable test, the 16th and 18th for example, which have been hailed by local media as two of the best and most challenging holes in the state, but it is the par-4 ninth with its island green that is the course's signature hole. Although the layout offers a fair challenge, there is also some room for error that makes it more approachable for beginners. In addition to the course, Franklin Bridge Golf Club boasts an 8-acre driving range as well as chipping and putting greens equipped with a practice sand bunker.

Franklin Bridge GC (aka The Crossing)

Year Built 1970
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Gary Baird (1970)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Lockers

19th Hole Specials 7

Love to see it when it’s done.

The course is in decent shape and there is work going on everywhere. You can tell that when it’s done it will be really nice. I only got to play the front 9 because it rained. I’ll be back in the fall sometime and may try it again if it’s ready to go by then.

Maybe Next Year

The course has recently gone under new ownership and it shows. While it appears it is going in the right direction, some of the par 3 did not have tee boxes. The layout on the back 9 is far better then the front. They have some neat hole layouts and it would be worth seeing how they develop over the next year. In the mean time prepare to play off some hard surfaces.

Hey Casey,
My name is Brooks West, and I am the new Owner of Franklin Bridge as of early 2019. Thank you for playing our ever-improving Harpeth River bottom course and I appreciate the sentiment that we are headed in the right direction!

Progress is never fun in the midst of it, as I certainly share and agree with your frustration for the 4 holes with temporary tee boxes. If you read the historical reviews of this course from even way before I bought the place, unlevel tee boxes is one of the most common complaints.

In an effort to elevate the experience for all golfers, as you saw, we are completely renovating 4 sets of the worst Tee Boxes to make them much larger and most of all, FLAT! We will be laying fresh Sod this coming week and with the hot weather coming, plan to be playing on them in a few weeks by early June!

I really hope you reconsider re-naming your review to "Maybe next month", instead of next year! :)

Please send me an email to brooks@pga.com, and I will take care of your next round on me!

Pardon our Progress,
Brooks

Not worth what they’re asking

Three tee boxes under repair. Had one that played as a 70 yard par 3. Charged the full $60 for the round. Not worth it at all.

Hello Sir
My name is Brooks West, and I am the new Owner of Franklin Bridge as of early 2019. Thank you for playing our ever-improving Harpeth River bottom course!

As I mentioned to Casey above who shares your sentiment, progress is never fun in the midst of it, as I certainly share and agree with your frustration for the 4 holes with temporary tee boxes. If you read the historical reviews of this course from even way before I bought the place, unlevel tee boxes is one of the most common complaints.

Given the price of other public golf courses, we feel we are still a fantastic value with our all-inclusive pricing of golf car, range balls, lunch and a draft beer for our rates that are already 30%+ below competing public courses. There is even more value than that for those that join our $39.95 / Mo. River Club! :)

Given your bad experience and my desire to make you a raving fun of our exciting evolution and improvement, please send me an email to brooks@pga.com, and I will take care of your next round on me!

Please Pardon our Progress,

Nice Public/ Private Course

Once construction fo course is complete this will be a really nice and fun course for Amateur golfs. Friendly Staff with renovated club house and dining facilities.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you Sam, we are excited to be transforming this hidden Gem into one of Greater Nashville's finest golf experiences!

They are doing a lot of work to make it great

I haven't played here in around 20 years. We wanted to play somewhere different so, thought we would give it a shot. The deal they had for golf, lunch, a beer, and range balls made it a great option. Staff was great. Course was about what you get in Tennessee in the winter when it has been raining for 3 months so, that is a wash. I think once the course gets some good weathering, it will be great. The only thing I can say is that they definitely need new carts. The carts were past the expiration dates. No new features, no coolers, the hill brakes were horrible, and do not be taking a drink when the driver is hitting the gas because you will get a face-full of drink. Other than the cart, though, we had a blast and will definitely be back.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you for playing and all the positive comments!

The Golf Car Fleet we have is less than 3 years old and are reliable, but we have gone through and adjusted Brakes to improve that experience.

However, we plan to get a new Golf Car Fleet once the CV-19 'single rider' cart policy is lifted. That will be a welcome upgrade for all of us to see!

We can't wait to share our bright future with golfers like you!
Brooks

Great time on rain soaked course

The good news first - pace of play was great. River Club membership makes for bargain play. Played on Sunday afternoon as walkup and finished in just over 4 hours on wet/windy day. Staff was great and very friendly - got me off with a group on a busy weekend. Recently renovated clubhouse was welcoming and staff had well priced "adult beverages".

We have had an unbelievable amount of rain the last week resulting in some flooding on the course That made for some course modifications and some sloppy conditions. Just a couple of days prior a few holes were underwater. However, staff had done a great job in cleaning up the debris left on the course and all greens were in play.

Solid Track

Had a good time. Course was pretty flooded after a couple days of heavy rain, but still enjoyable.. The changes they made are for the best. The greens are GREAT! They’re hard, roll fast and true. The layout is what it is. There’s a few unavoidable holes cough*8*cough, but there are some great ones like 4, 12, 13, and 18. It’s a golfers course, the price is right, the greens roll pure and the 19th holes is ideal! Would definitely play again!

Commented on 01/31/2020

Thank you for supporting us and for all the positive feedback. 2020 is going to be an incredible year!

Brooks, the new Owner.

Anonymous

Better layout and management

The layout of the course is more of a links style with fast fairways and greens, makes the course shorter but harder at the same time. Better management and pro shop employees are excellent as always. Finished a 4pm round by sunset

Absolutely satisfied! The course itself was beautiful and played good. Also you can’t beat getting lunch with a complimentary brew on the turn to hole #10. 9/10 great course!

New Ownership

It has been almost 6 years since I last played this course. The new ownership at The Bridge has done a fantastic job in just 1 year. The clubhouse has been renovated and the course conditions are much improved. Looking forward to seeing how the course continues to improve in the future.

Home of the 6 hour round

Title says it all. I want to love this place because it’s close by, but 2 of the three times I’ve been there it’s been 6 hrs to get around. No marshals in sight.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hello Dustin, My name is Brooks West, the new Owner of Franklin Bridge.

Would you mind giving me a call on my personal cell; 615.925.2696, or sending me an email with a number I can contact you at brooksw@pga.com? I really care about my customers experience and would like to discuss yours more in depth.

We have GPS Pace of Play tracking on our Golf Cars and the slowest round we show on the 28th of January when you said to have played was 4 hours and 10 minutes. The bulk of the 79 rounds we did that day were under 4 hours.

While we do not have the budget for Marshals during the slower winter months, we moved our tee times from 8 minutes to 10 minute splits this past summer, the feedback has been incredible and do not have issues with pace like your review mentions.

Look forward to talking with you, thanks for supporting us and wanting to love us ... I am sure we can connect the desire with the experience next time!

Anonymous

Bridge To Great Golf Experience

Nice layout with continuous improvements. Franklin Bridge course is unique with knowledgeable and friendly staff. Always aim to please!

Commented on 01/31/2020

Thank you so much for the support and great feedback. We appreciate the sentiment and will be sure to share with our hard-working staff!

My best,
Brooks West, Owner

Love the layout & Fast Greens

I enjoyed the course , greens are in good condition. The pace of play is a bit slow

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hello, thank so much for playing our ever-improving golf course with a bright, bright future for Williamson County Golfers.

Please know we have a vigorous plan for Pace of Play for 2020, and will be committed to 4 hours and 18 minutes as the maximum your round will take ... giving you time for a Pint in our newly renovated Persimmon Pub!

Look forward to wow-ing you in 2020!
Brooks T. West, PGA
Owner
FBGC

Good Experience - Golf Now App GPS really helped

Have played this course twice in the past 2 months. This time I tried the GPS feature from GolfNow and it really helped with distances. Others have pointed out there are no distances on sprinkler heads but there are usually 150, 200 & 250 markers on most holes. The guy at the desk was super friendly. You get a free bag of warm-up balls with your round which is nice. Overall a great experience despite two water balls on 18! :)