Originally Rio Del Mar Country Club, Seascape Golf Club is a classic 18-hole layout perched on the coast highlands of the Monterey Peninsula. Opened in 1926, the course was actually shut down during World War II when it served as a “victory garden” to help grow crops for the nation's war effort. After the war it came back with its new name, but old charm. The golf course is just a half mile from the Pacific Ocean, but it's largely protected by Monterey pines and eucalyptus trees that surround it. Seascape Golf Club features well maintained fairways, strategically placed bunkers and small, tricky greens.

Seascape Golf Club

Year Built 1926

Dress code Collared shirts and trousers or mid length shorts

Saturday play with friends

Played herd before. This time experience is worse.
1) Fairway is ok, however, the grass off site is long so u’ll not be able to find ur ball if it’s not on fairway
2) Bunker is HARD sands, so not easy to dig urself out
3) Not much control on the play pace as Marshal just too nice to push people...

As we drove ~ 40 miles from South Bay just feel not worth the effort for such a course....

Wet course

Even though we haven't had any rain in over a month this course must really hold water. I was not getting any roll off my drive and the greens were wet as well.

Seascape

The golf was fine...Golf Now double booked the tee time and screw us with an over crowded round...he ‘fit us in’...so thanks golf now..

Green is very tricky but it is very dynamic course.

For the seasonal reason, fairway is very muddy but everything is excellent on this course.
Green is well managed.

Not what it used to be

This golf course has slipped from what it used to be. I used to make the drive from my Monterey vacation up here twice a year but not anymore. Not worth the drive as the poor conditions and slow play make it not at all worth my time.

Squeeze in too many people on discount price!

I am from Georgia and I am here working for a few months. Staying right down the road from this course and was looking forward to playing golf for the first time in Cali. It was Sunday so I knew it would be a slight busy afternoon but booked for 2:30 for $29 and thought that should give me plenty of time to play 18 by myself. Well, I was wrong! They have no limitations on how many people they let pay these discounted prices in the afternoon! Lady in club house said carts needed to be returned by 5:45. I get to first tee box and am welcomed by the Marshall and he asks for all my information and tee time and he said there was 2 guys that were supposed to start in front of me. I said ok no biggie but where are they? Well 2 minutes later one shows up without his partner and said he was on his way. So Marshall said we should just play together. Then Marshall stood on tee box with us behind us while teeing off so made it kinda awkward. Get to second hole and the Marshall brings his partner to us. Stands there with us while hitting on the second hole. So no big deal I’m forced to play with 2 guys I never met. Have a 4-some in front of us at every hole so had to wait at every tee box. Get to the 7th hole and it’s already 4:20 and the Marshall rides by us and says we need to have carts in by 5. You kidding me bro? I said well can I get a rain check for the back 9 since I paid for 18 and you have 1,000 people in front of us that are taking their time? He said no we don’t offer those. Rude as can be. So when we finally finished the front 9 I left those guys and skipped holes 10, 11, and 12 to finally have it open out in front of me and was determined to finish the 18. Who cares, arrest me! So I skimmed through 13, 14, and 15 to be met by the Marshall once again and he said you on your last hole right? I said no sir I’m finishing out these last couple holes since I paid for them. He said oh ok. That’s right get out of here with that junk man! Needless to say, course is a great course for the money I paid. Beautiful layout and great condition of the course. But I would only play here again if it was 8:00 in the morning and gave myself plenty of time to fight the crowd that they allow to play. Hope this helps whoever.

Jewel in the south

I really enjoy playing this course
It is challenging and has a great layout.
It does tend towards the wet side, that can help and hinder.
Would recommend to play here.

In tuff shape today, usually better. Was not told about the sanded greens at checkin.

Another Great Round

Seascape is a challenging course with very few flat greens. This make putting and approach shots difficult. However, the course is beautiful and in pretty good shape. Always fun to play!

Santa Cruz Area golfing

This is my favorite course to play. It’s challenging but forgiving to beginners and intermediate golfers. It’s well maintained and laid out nicely.

lots of fun

Greens were as good as I've ever seen them. They a doing a heck of a job with the overall maintenance. Looking forward to going back.

booked through golfnow, and was very pleased with the condition and views of the course. Would like to play again

Great value

With sizzling temperatures in Santa Clara valley, Seascape provided a wonderful getaway for a round of golf. Very attractive rates for a very good golf course made it perfect. I hosted a friend visiting from abroad who enjoyed the course very much.

First Timer

The course has nice open fairways that are very forgiving to all golfing abilities. The course is older but well maintained and manicured. It was a pleasure to play.

Excellent Course

I've driven from San Jose 3 times this summer as a single and have had a great experience every time. I typically tee off at 7-8am and have been paired with awesome groups every time. Course is in incredible condition compared to some budget counterparts towards the peninsula. The greens are fast and can make for a couple three putts if you're not careful. Fun, challenging but fair---well worth the 50 min drive.

Good value but slow weekend play.

This is a great course if you find yourself in the area, but due to the lack of available golf in Santa Cruz County prepare for five hours or more per round. Staff is friendly and there’s a great restaurant and full bar with TVs if you want to relax before or after you’re around.

Peaceful place to play

Been playing here periodically for 20+ years and always enjoy it. Great getaway to the coast without big $$$ green fees. Place is old school but that's ok by me. Always in decent shape and shorter length helps the scorecard.

Fun Course

Course in good shape. As always, the greens are tough. Staff friendly. Plays longer than yardage, no roll.would play again.

Santa Cruz, California
Gilroy, California
Gilroy, California
San Martin, California

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.