Wekiva Golf Club

Year Built 1972
Greens Champions Bermuda Grass
Architect Ward Northrup Ron Garl (2005)

Walking Allowed No

Snacks

I like this course

This course needs a little work, weeds on fairways and some dead spots on a few gteens though overall in pretty good shape. I would play here more often but it is way cross town for me and bad with traffic. The course plays fairly long but most of the fairways are wide and the greens large. I would not recommend driving a long way to play there but if you are nearby, it is worth checking out

Commented on 09/24/2020

Hi rnglover, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us 3-stars. We're going to pass along your feedback to the staff for any improvements, but we appreciate you making the trip to play Wekiva Golf Club. We hope to have you back for an even better round soon!

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi ShiouSan, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. Thank you for playing Wekiva Golf Club!

Bounce back Surprise

Course was great today! Greens rolling true and rough was up a bit even playing behind the mowers. Your gonna wanna keep it in the fairway or lose a ball (I was playing as a single, no extra eyes). They're making moves out there and it's showing! Very Covid aware, go burn some calories. Big respect to club staff and grounds crew, Thanks for all what y'all do!

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great support, Nihonsei75! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Wekiva Golf Club!

Slow play.

Will not be back until they stop allowing the 5somes that hold up everyone on course and will not let anyone play through.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course, ras1954, however we apologize for any delay of play during your recent round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, as our team works hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve by using your comments for guidance. Thank you for playing Wekiva Golf Club, and we hope to see you for a better golf experience soon.

I've been playing with Cobra for many years and I was a little disappointed that they haven't kept it up well as busy as they are. They put 5 sums out and they won't let you play through the greens are messed up staff was great price was good but not a great experience overall

Commented on 09/11/2020

Maybe try Callaway or Taylor Made. I don’t like Cobra either.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi pbw22222, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet our usual expectations. We take customer feedback very seriously and can assure you we are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience. We would like the chance to discuss these concerns with you further, so please feel free to reach out to our team in the golf shop. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much-improved round soon.

Overpriced

The rate this course charges (9 or 18 holes) is ridiculous for the area. There are 7 or 8 courses within minutes from Wekiva that are in the $25-35 range and just as nice or better. $30 for 9 and nearly double for 18 is not worth it in my opinion. Highest fees for a public course...explains why the practice range was packed and the course was empty.

My cart had a huge rip in the seat cover. The revenue doesn’t seem to make it back into the facilities.

Staff are always friendly and the course is in playable condition. Most greens and fairways are good, not great.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi rynomillhouse, thank you for leaving us with your feedback, however, we're sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met expectations. We truly value our customer experience, so your review is important to us and has been escalated to our team. We will make note and hope to see you back for an improved golf experience soon.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Hi u314160526916, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future!

Great price & friendly staff

The club practicing social distancing and everyone has a mask on. I was greeted as soon as I entered the building. The gentleman asked if it was my first time (which it was) and explained the course layout. Pleasant experience

Commented on 08/10/2020

Robbie1691612, thank you for your kind words and 5-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great golf experience. Thanks for choosing Wekiva Golf Club.

Customer Service Contrast

The course was as expected, nice layout but has seen better conditions. I had a 12:08 tee time and arrived at the course at 11:30 only to be told by the clubhouse attendant (David, I think) that I could not have a cart and to come back in 20 minutes. I said this has never been the case and he said it has always been the rule and tried to show me a laminated paper, which I refused to read. There was literally no one on the tee or waiting to tee off and several carts were available. Apparently we were being held to wait for two singles to go out at the same time. This was verified by the singles as well. After the round we tried to get a drink in the lounge but the carpet was being cleaned and the lounge was closed. However, the waitress (Linda) was just about to leave and insisted on getting us drinks and cups of ice even though she was probably off the clock which we thought was extremely nice of her. Amazing contrast in perception of customer service. Thank you, Linda!

Saturday in the Park

Played a three hour round of golf with two friends. Course was in good shape . A fair amount of grass in most fairways. Greens were nice...not too fast.......rolled very true for the most part. Everyone in our group made some decent length putts. Some tee boxes lacked some grass but using a tee negates that concern. An enjoyable day at Wekiva. All the workers were very kind.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Wekiva Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star feedback and hope you join us for another round soon!

golfing wekiva

Course was well maintained, open but many holes had a lot of distance so not as easy as it looked. Greens were excellent. I would play this course again soon.

Commented on 07/27/2020

value

We have played this course for years ,and I don't know what planet there on right now charging that much for that course in that kind of condition . The tee boxes were terrible ,some of the greens were terrible! ,the course is a good layout ,enjoy playing there but no where worth 57.00 dollars maybe 30.00 max. We played Shingle Creek for 49.00 and its 5 times the course and perfect condition , dont rip people off and over charge

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi 1sharkman, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. However, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet expectations as this is by no means the standard we aim to achieve. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes, but please feel free to contact our staff in the pro shop so we may discuss any concerns with you further. We value your support over the years and hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience soon.

Good Course

Nice course. Not to challenging. No person riding around with snacks.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi pghkid68, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars! We do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. We hope to see you for an even better round soon.

Getting better

Getting better. Played Wekiva about a month ago and was in bad shape, tee boxes and greens in poor condition. Much improved. Greens had been punched but the holes were much smaller than other courses had less effect on putts. Pace of play was good because for the 1st time in several rounds there I wasn't stuck behind one of their infamous 5somes!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi ras1954, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad you're enjoying our course improvements. Our team works hard to ensure a valuable golf experience for our customers, and we will continue to work towards improvements by using your feedback for guidance. We hope to welcome you back for a 4- or 5-star round soon!

Price

Do u really think your course is worth 53.00 bucks when Disney don’t even charge this much. Disney is much better course not even close. Don’t penalize players for the pandemic.

Commented on 07/13/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we're very sorry to hear your recent round with us did not meet expectations. Our team is committed to providing a valuable golf experience for our guests, and we encourage you to contact our staff in the pro shop so we may discuss any concerns with you directly. We would appreciate your feedback and hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved round soon.

Great track with good conditions

Wekiva Gollf Course a great place to play.. The layout offers everything a golfer needs to challenge himself. Yet gives lots of forgiveness with wide fairways. Great time!!

Commented on 07/07/2020

mstiles1436, thank you for your 5-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wekiva Golf Club.

Average at best

Played here today. The fairways are a little tight, the layout is a little confusing in parts. The condition for this time of year is not great.

Every tee box is burnt out, and most are not even.

Greens are fast, and mostly ok.

Pace of play was a little slow for mid-day play.

Clubhouse staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Service was great as well.

Overall, the condition wasn’t the best for the price compared to Other local courses.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi u6371846, thank you for leaving us with your feedback, however, we're sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet expectations. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us and your feedback has been shared with our staff. We will make note and hope to see you back for a better round soon!

Decent track. Not worth the money!

You can drive north and play the C.C of mount Dora. Or go south and play Forrest Lake! Who is in control of the pricing? Your course is not worth your cost!!!!! Greens suck and fairways look like my backyard!

Commented on 07/19/2020

amen we played it today ,No cart girl terrible greens ,tee boxes were ridiculous ill play shingle creek instead

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi g8trs1, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're very sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We encourage you to reach out to our pro shop staff if you would like to discuss any specific concerns further, but your feedback has been escalated to our staff for improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Nice course that needs some TLC

Check in was quick and easy since we prepaid with hot deal rate. When checking in we were told we could go right out as their was no one before our threesome so we jumped at the opportunity as we like to play very fast.
We played 18 in 2:48 minutes and we only ran into one foursome and they were very gracious and let us play through. I think there were more people hitting balls on the range than actually playing golf? As for the course conditions the greens very nice although a bit on the slow side for our liking and a couple of them had dead patches on them I would rate them a 4. The bunkers were well maintained and in very good shape I would give them a 4.5 even with no rakes. The fairways were good but were much better on the back 9. I would rate the front nine a 3 and the back nine close to a 4. The rough was rough in spots, but hay you should be penalized for missing the fairway.
I would rate the tee boxes a 3 at best, lots of weeds and one par three was a sand box. I know this virus is hurting some courses so we will go back later in the summer after they have a chance to put some work into the course.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Hi u00000919567, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback, as well as your patience & understanding during this time. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us and has been escalated appropriately. We will make note and hope to see you back for an even better round soon!

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hi Seminolerattler, thank you so much for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wekiva Golf Club.

Apopka, Florida