Type Military
Admiral Baker Golf Course - North Course

Year Built 1957
Fairways Paspalum Grass
Architect Jack Daray Kevin Tucker (2011)

Carts Yes - $13 - $15

Snacks

Clubhouse

Available Sports

Minigolf

Great shape in March

What a fun challenging course, ,best course we have played over the winter in San Diego. Highly recommend course great bang for your buck.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thank you for your review, u314159834006. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at North at Admiral Baker Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Admiral Baker North 03.05.2020

Considering I didn't play as well as I would have liked to, the course was in great shape. The greens were a little slower than the practice greens. The sand traps seemed a little inconsistent from one to another. The rough was a fair length and the tee boxes were in decent shape throughout the course. I truly like playing the north course over the south course due to the north being more challenging than the south. All in all it was a beautiful day to be on the course. I definitely recommend the Admiral Baker courses to local and visiting golfers? Cheers!!!

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hi Tswagmcg63. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

very playable

Expected a lot of military style greeting but was surprised by the friendliness of welcomes. GPS on carts and great clubhouse. This course (North) was in excellent condition and challenging in parts but very fair. I would not hesitate to come back here and play again. Well done to all and thanks for a great experience.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hi HIBBO. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at North at Admiral Baker Golf Course!

Excellent value

North course is in good condition. Tee boxes, sand traps, and fairways are good. Greens are slow. Staff are always nice and helpful. As usual, pace of play is slow if your tee time is after 11am
However, this being one of the only " Big San Diego city courses" less than $40 per round ( the other is Balboa), I highly recommend playing here

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hi edsbeds. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hello, jyjj2000. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

5 hour round

everything was great except the pace of play.you cannot get into a rythym if you have to wait on every shot. The marshalls are only waterboys

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thank you for your review, batray. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at North at Admiral Baker Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Admiral Baker North

Good layout. Acceptable pace of play. Good variety of golf holes for all player levels. Excellent restaurant and service.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thank you for your review, greglovell. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at North at Admiral Baker Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good Day

Played with some friends, we have not played the North Course in a while. The weather was a little shaky, some rain and some wind, but the course held up and was very playable. We all enjoy playing the North Course, its a treat when we can get a tee time.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hi Glenn1275207. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

Absolute dog track

I saw the good reviews and thought “why not!?”

Quite possibly the worst course i’ve played in my life. Imagine playing two holes, over and over again 9 times with zero differentiating factors or creativity. Now imagine a course that hasn’t seeded bare spots since 1987 and doesn’t believe in maintaining tee boxes and fairways. Add a million un-fixed ball marks on every green, and BOOM... Admiiral baker.

oh ya, and the snack shack at the turn was “closed” at 3pm on a friday, while the fatty inside sat on his tush. Place all around is a dumpster fire. who would ever leave a good review, you’re all high.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hello, nfrancescucci. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

Commented on 03/30/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, chongsung. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

The starter and supporting cast needs to be a little friendlier. We are out to have fun.

Great course for the money

The course is was in very good shape compared to when I played around 8 years ago. There are some challenging holes that were very fun to play and I would recommend the course.

North Course at Admiral Baker

This course is well laid out and convenient for frequent golfers in San Diego. Enough of a challenge to keep us coming back. Helpful staff and great conditions.

Admiral Baker North

Perfect day of golf. Never had to wait. Finished the round before the sunset.

Great day

Greens are tricky - just in time for Halloween... 3 1/2 hour round and beautiful weather. Can’t go wrong

The Go-To Course for Locals

This is my go-to spot for golf in San Diego. Rates are affordable (less that $25 for twilight) and it's usually pretty easy to find books with little lead time.

Depending on the groups head, the course can get pretty backed up in the afternoon on weekdays. That's my only complaint.

The club house is clean, fairly modern and drinks/food are very well priced. .

Bang for the Buck

Nicest course I’ve ever played for the price I paid

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi Kyallong. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you for visiting us at North at Admiral Baker Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

This is a five star admiral....

First time playing the North Course. Worth every penny of the Golf Now Green Fees. Probably the least busy San Diego course I’ve yet to play. Great layout, cart with GPS, super friendly staff, even got to start my round early since the two tee times before me were empty. Course is long and challenging, I loved it. The holes around the lake are beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking.

Commented on 10/07/2019

az13catsfanMCF, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing North at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

Military