North at Admiral Baker Golf Course

Type Military
Admiral Baker Golf Course - North Course
Scorecard for North
Blue M: 72.6/128 W: 79.9/140 507 338 388 405 360 556 195 403 199 3351 297 426 436 441 178 522 380 227 562 3469 6820
White M: 70.8/124 W: 77.8/135 496 333 372 389 338 538 200 388 164 3218 289 383 397 427 160 490 366 200 548 3260 6478
Gold M: 66.4/114 W: 72.0/123 448 265 288 307 326 479 125 354 165 2757 277 318 342 310 122 434 348 152 453 2756 5513

Year Built 1957
Fairways Paspalum Grass

Carts Yes - $13 - $15

North course is nice.

Good challenging layout.you get your bang for your buck if you book with golfnow.

Great layout - quick play on NFL Sunday

Played this course numerous times over the years. Greens could use a little help but the rest of the course is in decent shape. Played in the afternoon and finished under 4.5 hours.

great course

Everything was good. The staff is super. The only beef is not everyone fixes their divots. The course is in good shape.

good bang for the buck

Pace of play was great. The course is in good shape. The greens were a little rough but not totally bad. Some spots in the fairways had issues but since the weather has been so hot, it is understandable. They need to ban the use of sunflower seeds. Its agravating to go to put and you have a bunch of shells all over the greens.

Great

Pace of play was excellent. Staff as always was very helpful. Course is in great shape. Got a great rate.

Could be amazing.

Beautiful old trees but course was not in good condition. So many bare spots and not because of dry conditions as also very thick grass in places. Very slow play and many errant shots right at you and no one warns you.

best bang for your buck

Pace of play was great. course is in great shape. greens were good.

Nice Experience

Played on a Wednesday. Course was not crowded and in good shape. Perfect weather and pace of play. A good round was had by all.

always love this course

Pace of play was excellent until the 17th hole but the Marshall took care of it quickly. The greens and fairways are real good shape. One of the nicest staff members to deal with. Always a pleasure to play there.

Fun riund

Great time at the Admiral Baker North course on a Friday afternoon. A few spots on the course were ground under repair, but only a few. Staff was great. Greens were fine.

Can't beat value

Course was in pretty good condition. A little slow play due to some yahoos hacking it out there, but finished in about 4.5 hrs. Fairways were in good shape. Greens need a little bit of work (seems like no one fixed their divots) and half looked like they were recently punched.

But overall, I don't think there's a nicer course for the price.

As good as it gets

Love this course. Highly recommend. Great signature holes. Plays easier than its length suggests. Great for all levels (assuming you understand basic pace of play guidelines). Carts have GPS, as they should these days.

Admiral baker north

Great layout. Gets a lot of play. Maintenance is worse than in past years.

Large number of unprepared divots and ball marks

Everything was good except the staff's attitude

Staff's attitude was very poor. They did not make you feel welcome and were not professional. When you ask a simple question they respond very rudely and make you feel like you are not welcome on 'their' course. If the course would invest in some people skills training and the proper way to treat someone spending money at your business, this would receive an overall better rating.

Always a pleasure to play the course.."Usually".

Tee time was just after 6am. Doors to the pro shop were still closed and lights were out. I saw a couple golf carts in the parking lot with Golfers loading their clubs and gear into the cart so I walked down the steps where the golf cart attendant's pedistal is. I stood there as (who appeared to be) the cart attendant was bringing carts from the back and lining them up. He saw me every time he drove a cart up and parked it. It was very obvious I was a golfer and was waiting for some assistance. I kept standing there for several minutes and even walked and stood by the path he was taking with the carts just in case he didn't see me. He knew I was there and choose not to even ask if he could help me or acknowledge me in any way.

Knowing he was busy, I kept standing there as he rushed by several more times with carts.

I finally asked very politely, " the pro shop doesn't appear to be open right now but would you mind if I grabbed a cart and load my clubs and gear while I wait?". He seemed perturbed and said "no, you will have to wait until the shop opens". I then asked about the 4 guys in the parking lot loading their clubs..How did they get their carts? He said, "oh, they're employees and they take water etc out on the course". I said "oh so they play golf I guess while they're out there since I didn't see anything other than golf clubs being put into their carts". I said never mind and went back to my car and waited until the shop opened. When I got my receipt and took it to him for my cart, he kept his head down the entire time and when I accidentally wrote something on his cart log the wrong way, he grabbed a pen and violently scratched it out wanting me to know I made a mistake and that he was upset (I'm sure from me fronting him off earlier).

Another thing that happened was when we got on (I believe) the 10th tee box, we saw a tractor in the middle of the fairway approaching us with this huge cloud of what looked like dust or smoke coming from the trailer he was pulling. This wasn't a small cloud dust or smoke, it was huge. He saw us standing at the tee box and continued running back and forth as if he wanted us to go ahead and tee off while he was doing his thing. Clouds of whatever it was floated everywhere.

We were concerned to even breathe since it became obvious he was dusting the fairway with chemicals (possibly weed killer or fertilizer). Large amounts of foam was all over the fairway and literally wet from the chemicals.

He finally pulled to one side of the fairway as we waited for the clouds to clear so we could see where we were driving are balls.

We teed off and the worker decided to take off . As we reached our drives, our eyes were burning as we stood in wet chemical and seeing all the foam left all over the fairway.

A course ranger approached to our left. As I made eye contact with him. I said "man, did the guy need to do that right now?". The ranger replied in a arrogant, load voice , "well when would you like for him to do it sir"? I have to admit I was very ticked off at his attitude and replied " how about when someone's not on the F'in tee box! We don't want to have to inhale all of this"!

He just drove off not saying another word.

When I'm asked by Golf Now to write reviews, I write them. If someone needs to be called out on something, or praised for their good work or course conditions, I give it.

I have never had any problems at Adimal Baker and have the utmost respect for the establishment there.

The starter and pro shop personnel were very professional and their customer service was an A+ along with the course in general.

The cart attendant and ranger should find other employment or volunteer work!

Also, it is absolute nonsense to have maintenance workers despensing chemicals/fertilizers of any kind while golfers are anywhere on the course. Period. There's a law suit waiting to happen.

La Mesa, California