2.1

Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Ted McAnlis

Course in Poor Shape

Most of the tees were mostly dirt and weeds. The greens were weedy and bumpy. Fairways were OK, but need a lot of work, as well. I played with my grandson, finished in 3 hours, and had a good time despite the sub-par conditions. Price was very inexpensive, but would not want to pay any more than $20 for the course in its present condition.

The worst maintained course I have ever played

I am 57 and have been playing golf 41 years. I have no idea how many courses I have played around the world but is definitely 100,s if not into 4 figures and this is without doubt the worst maintained course I have ever come across. I cannot stress enough just how bad this course is. If I were offered a free round with beer I would still go elsewhere. The layout is excellent and you can see it was once a beautiful course, but in its present condition
DO NOT PLAY.

Sand Pit

Please don't waste your hard earned cash on this course. In all my years of playing golf in Florida, 25 years, this has to be the worst course I have played condition wise. The other worst ones have closed down.

After I paid the guy said we have irrigation issues, you don't say. The course is barren with all the grass burnt off and thus leaving a total waste land of sand.

The tee boxes are a joke, you have to bury your feet like a bunker shot unless you slide, your best best is the multiple rough areas where tee boxes are closed. Before I forget there is one green off, again this was not advised.

I feel so sorry for the members as this course was really nice a few years ago.

Under repair

Good course....under repair right now.....great value

Discusting

I have played this course at least 3 times a year. The course is in terrible shape. I would not recommend it .

Absolutely the worst golf course I’ve ever seen

I’ve been in the Golf business for over 40 years and I have never seen a golf course in such horrible condition I wouldn’t let my Cows play there

weeds and sand everywere

We have played Ridgewood Lakes every year for the past seven years this is by far the worst condition we have played any course in America.. sorry but this course should have an advisory on it the greens are full or weeds there is'nt much grass to play off mainly sandy lies.We got there at 11.35 for 12 o clock tee time to be told the golf carts had to be back by 3 o clock and then proceeded to tell us that there were two singles comming out behind us and to let them through . I asked why there was no information on the golf now web page about the situation with having to return the buggies by 3 o clock if I had known how poor the course was we would'nt have wasted our money it cost us $72 plus a reservation fee which is'nt a great amount in the scheme of things for a four ball but it was a day wasted out of our holiday. sorry won't be back untill I read some good reviews next year

Awful

Tee boxes are sand, no grass, and riddled with mounds, valleys and ant hills. Greens were the same - either bare or weeds, no in between. To top it off, a guy in a maintenance cart with a weed wackier pretty much followed me around and gunned the engine on one of the machines as soon as I started my downswing for about 5 hopes. A crew of four guys in three carts parked the carts in the middle of the fairway on. Par 5 right where my second shot would hit the ground, and after I stood waiting for a few minutes they seriously tried to wave me around - without moving the carts. The only good thing about the place was the guy in the clubhouse. Do not play here.

Taking steps in the right direction

I played here last week with my family and have a great time. The course is in rough condition at the moment but I can see them making changes and taking the right steps to improve these conditions. The staff and head pro have always been friendly and made our experiences great ones. I will always come back and play here.

Rough course

Disappointed, played this course a few years ago and liked it. I was surprised to see the condition of this course today. It was pretty rough and I wasn’t told they were air-rating at this time.

Are you kidding me!!

See the photos and judge for yourself! Sorry photos didn’t work because they said they were too big. Let’s just put it this way. The golf should be free to play because it is a true dog trap.. There’s no grass because they do not water. In my entire life of golfing I have never ever seen Course this deplorable. So sad for their community of homes because they take pride. The golf course on the other hand will ruin their reputation in the long run. My husband and I years ago loved their golf course community. Today you couldn’t get me to buy a home there strictly because of the golf course. Do you want to throw your money away… Play there!! Hit off of dirt and soil, putt through weeds and chunks of turf on the greens. So sad for a course that has a beautiful ambience. Dell Webb You should be ashamed of yourself! Just glad we never bought a home in your community!

Cheap, but course was “rough around edges”

Course was in a nice location, but there were times where the ball would not move an additional inch after landing, due to it being somewhat muddy and it didn’t rain. There were also dirt mounds on some of the greens. Good for the price, but wouldn’t recommend.

Good golf course going bad

There is sand everywhere tea boxes greens everywhere they need a lot of work to get the golf course in shape good luck with that

Terrible

Never played a course in this bad of shape, it’s honestky embarrassing

Poor conditions

We have played this course many times over the last 20 years and this is the worst shape we have ever seen it. The tee boxes are mostly dirt the fairways are weed infested and the greens were patchy and bumpy with a few being just dirt .It will take a lot of time and money to make it playable.

Golf at Ridgewood

The course was in poor condition however the staff was very good and explained that the course is presently under new management and will be renovated in the near future

This course should be closed

The grass on the tees had died. the grass on the fairways was 50% gone. The greens were extremely rough and irregular. SHOULD NOT BE OPEN

Davenport, Florida