Slope N/A
Rating N/A

White Heron Golf Club (formerly known as Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club) has had many accolades over its history and for good reason. The Ted McAnlis layout is sculptured from lush rolling land and features immaculate playing conditions year round. Water and natural wetlands come into play on 16 of our 18 holes and the resident breeze can significantly change the course from day to day. Yet despite the natural beauty and obvious pedigree of the layout, with four sets of tees the course is still enjoyable for golfers of all levels.

White Heron Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Greens Champions Turf
Architect Ted McAnlis

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse

All good but wet from the rain

Lots of improvement from the past keep it up it could be 5 stars.

Amazing improvement

I would have given this course 5 stars compared to what it was but comparing it to other courses I play it is a solid 3.5 stars. If they continue the progress that they have made in a year this will no doubt be a five-star course and considered one of the top 5 courses in and around Orlando and Tampa area. I first played this course four years ago and every year it got worse until I eventually stopped a little over a year ago. After reading the most recent reviews I figured I'd give it a shot and see how the new owners are doing and they did not disappoint. Huge! I mean huge difference. I will definitely put this course on my rotation and try to get out there at least 5 to 6 times a month. Brand new very stylish comfortable carts with the latest technology on 22 to 25-inch touchscreen. Staff was amazing above and beyond. Amazingly seen the cart girl 6 times through my round. In fact on the 12th I was hungry and I already had past the clubhouse She said what would you like and we will deliver it to you and they did. Hot, fresh, and perfectly made. I will recommend this course to all my buddies with confidence. If you haven't been here in over a year I highly suggest you give it another chance it's worth it. The club attendant and the general manager were telling me all the upcoming changes that will be made and I'm looking forward to seeing this coming to fruition. Keep up the good work guys.

Mark Weeks

I stopped playing this course because it was in bad shape!!!
WHITE HERON— WHITE HERON— WHITE HERON
White Heron has made this course come alive
1) management—has made great improvements
$$$ new golf carts, landscaping, staff, water/drinks Cart lady
I seen her 4 times in my round of golf +++++ major plus ++++++
2) staff—they value your time on the course, I cannot say enough about kindness and friendly people working there !!!
3) golf course —( GREAT ) If you hit your ball in the woods or water, it’s probably gone!!! Hit it in the fairway you will have a great day !!! It’s in the TOP Three golf courses in Polk county .

Amazing Transformation!

The new White Heron is probably the best keep secret in the Orlando area. I had not played there in years and the new ownership has gone all out to bring this course into easily being a top destination course. They are working on a practice facility, so just a putting green is available now. That was the only drawback I can see. Greens are nice, fairways nice, landscaping is remarkable. Brand new carts with luxury seats. Bring lots of balls because water comes into play a lot! You can see they are still working on many things, so keep up the great work!

Excellent

The improvements to White Heron( formerly Ridgewood lakes) are amazing. The greens were flawless and the new and improved bunkers are clean and true.

Hidden Gem

I will start by saying I am an 8 handicap and play three times per week, I enjoy playing as many different courses as I can (nice courses only) and don’t typically leave reviews. I was working in the Orlando area and decided to jump on White Heron on my drive back to Tampa.

Honestly wow, this course is under new management and they are clearly going above and beyond to create an unforgettable 5-star experience. I could not believe some of these past one-star reviews when I read them after my round. This is clearly a new course. For all of the rain we’ve had, this track was in pristine shape and the greens were A+. They just added the Rolls Royce of golf carts with leather seats and touch screen ipad-style gps systems which were super cool!! Also they included a lunch with my greens fee which I had no idea about when I booked. You get a choice of hotdog/hamburger and waffle fries & soda at anytime. It was awesome, especially if you value a great hot dog at the turn. I called lunch in on the tee box of 9 and it was ready for me in a to-go box with condiments & freshly grilled.

On to the course. These greens were true and rolled perfect. The bunkers soft and fluffy (no blading your wedges out of these traps). Great fairway turf that lets you attack your irons. The layout is not your typical tee it high & let it fly Orlando course, it requires you to play golf the way it was meant to be played. With precision! I found myself hitting all types of shots and every club in my bag. Select your tees wisely and you can score well.

Lastly, being by myself, the staff was so friendly. I legit felt like a member for a day at a private course & not just another number. The bag boys took my bags & cleaned my clubs to and from the car, the manager walked out and welcomed me to White Heron and escorted me to get checked in, the maintenance crew on the course cracked some funny jokes and most importantly the owner drove out to the 18th green to ask about my round, ensure I had fun, and encouraged me to come see them again.

I’ll definitely be back. I felt as if they tried so hard to make my day great that I wanted to show them the love and the credit this new course rightfully deserves. They are building a state of the art clubhouse which will make it next level. I don’t see this course staying at $45/round for much longer so hop on when you can.

Top-Notch Golf - HIDDEN GEM

First Impressions

I found a really good rate on GN and tried out this course. Apparently it has undergone a name change and major upgrades. Extremely nice course. A couple of holes were being repaired and the driving range has not been completed. Overall I was extremely pleased with the course. Do to the changes my golf app had some range and hole issues but that was not the fault of this course. I will definitely be back.

Horrible

I know it’s that time of year in Florida and to call and ask to see how courses are doing due to punching. The guy inside told me it was a little wet. I hit every single fairway on the front nine and lost six balls. It was absolutely unplayable the greens were absolutely horrible even though they punched them a month ago. The way they have people out there is beyond me. The place should borderline be closed. You couldn’t tell where the fairways began in the rough stopped and every ball that we did find was plugged. It is a absolute Swamp

Pathetic greens

Golfnow + course should give advanced notice that greens were just deep aerified & top dressed sanded & NOT mowed.

Commented on 05/20/2020

We apologize for this experience.
Please reach out to the WHGC Proshop so that we can make this right!

Tough time

Unfortunately the course was in transition. The Tee boxes and greens were all aerated . . It’s a necessary maintenance but unfortunately when playing it’s a disaster. The course itself and the views are beautiful .
Update in a few weeks after the course is in better shape

Commented on 05/20/2020

We appreciate your understanding. Please reach out to the White Heron Proshop!

Bad Daay

5/6/2020
White Heroin / Ridgewood lakes golf club
How bad can a day on the golf course be!
Let me count the ways!
1. Back nine closed
2. Front 9 greens punched with 1” holes and poorly sanded
3. Fairways burnt, mostly weeds
4. Rough is rough and dying
5. No GPS
6. Restroom on course closed.
The best I can say about my day on the course is that they have nice carts.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Please reach out to the White Heron Proshop so that we can help make this right.

Well done

The course was redone and well done. Like the layout great blend of easier and harder holes. Nice will play again

Things are looking up

The course was a great layout and a great challenge. The new management has really done numbers to this course. I definitely enjoyed playing there and cat wait to play it when all the work is done.

Amazing experience!!!!!

Great course and it’s only going to get better. Awesome experience from the staff to the course layout and condition.

Breathtaking Golf Course

Today I played a round of golf at an Amazingly Breathtaking Golf Course call White Heron Golf Club. At arrival the team was extremely professional Mike who took care of providing us with a cart, and Cole and his dad who provided us the opportunity to play at such magnificent Golf Course. The golf courses is in magnificent condition. We were presented 18 holes of well maintained greens and beautifully manicured Fairways. I can't wait to revisit and bring new friends to experience what I've experienced today. To the Owners of White Heron Golf Club and its Management Team keep up the great work, and thank you for my amazing experience!

Good layout, I realize this is a remodel golf course under new management but the price paid is not worth the conditions of the course. Very slow greens, one temporary green that is laid on a fairway, no driving range and no short game area to warm up. The staff was very nice and apologetic and gave my group a sleeve of new balls for first tee mulligans was a generous gesture.

The new owners of this course have done a fantastic job bringing this course back to a great course. The last few years were not good, but now it is great. It looks like the ninth green is almost ready for play. Not only is this a great course it is a great value also. The staff is very friendly and treat customers right.

Davenport, Florida