A view of a bunkered green at Grand Palms Golf & Country Club

Twenty seven championship holes await travelers visiting south Florida's scenic beaches. Grand Palms Golf & Country Club in Pembroke Pines also offers three nines: Royal, Sabal and Grand. All three are famous for having some of the best greens in the area, and the golf courses are played in three separate combos. The Grand/Royal 18, designed by Ward Northrup, comes in at 6,881, most of which is blanketed with palm trees and tropical foliage. The longest and most challenging of the Grand Palms' golf courses, Grand/Royal features some especially memorable water holes. A tight layout with raised greens (perfect for testing your shot-making talents), beware the Grand's bunkers, strategically placed along the greensides.

Grand Palms Golf Resort

Fitness, Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 21
9-Hole Rounds 16

Grand Palms Royal/Sabal Course

The course was in great condition. Tee boxes, fairways and greens all in great shape. Fun layout. Several holes make you think about your tee shot.

The one thing I was disappointed in, was there was no beverage cart. It was very hot, 90’s with Heat Index around 105. We only brought a water each. Due to Covid Restrictions there was no water on the course.

Overall, great experience and a fun course in great shape. I’ll be back to play it again.

2020 July Good Condition

Friendly staff
Good Condition
Greens were true
Recommend
Only drawback a little expensive at $55.00 for the off season.

First Time at Grand Palm

Great course, very good condition. There are no beverage or food service because of COVID-19. You must bring your supplies.

Baaaaa

Goat track not worth more than $25. Golf Now is a non-user friendly organization.

Came prepared

Golfed here on Thursday surprised that there was no liquids to be sold or cups for water. Came prepared today. Soft cooler with fluids - but still no bathrooms
Wasn’t busy today but got stuck behind a 4some that backed up everything.
I do like this course , wish some golfers knew etiquette

No bathroom or hydration available

Just in case you decide to play golf at Grand Palms bring fluids ( heat index >100 today) , but no cups or the ability to purchase fluids on the course. If you need to use the restroom while golfing- good luck as all of the external bathrooms are sealed closed.
I like this course and been a regular here for years, but not having fluids or the ability to use a debit/credit card to purchase drinks is unacceptable.

Course seems to be holding up pretty well

It's been 15 years since I played here and the course seems to be holding up well. The greens were in better than average shape, not blazing fast or anything but very consistent. A few quirky holes where you are advised to leave your driver in the bag. So if you live in South West Broward it is a pretty good choice. I do want to repeat an earlier post and that is for all intents and purposes they are not honoring the Premier Card pricing. We paid 60% more than expected, and while I don't feel especially bad about this since I understand that golf course revenue was non-existent for several weeks because of the shut down, we will not be returning any time soon as the other clubs in the premier card do not seem to have a problem to adhering to the fees. For us now there are more economical choices, but once the summer deals are over, I would come back.

I like

I really like the the layout of the 3 , 9 hole courses
and feel they were in great shape. Only down fall is no cart girl or open restaurant. Was told you can bring your own cooler with what you want but was told a little to late. Will play there again soon.

Course was surprisingly in good condition, staff were jerks.

The course was amazing especially given the rain we get but is poorly marked. Carts had a useless screen with no help on yardages. The staff made me and my friend, a beginner who has only played 3 times before today, extremely uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that I might not go back. $45 I paid was ok and they also have a $25 walking all-day deal which I hope to take advantage of in the near future.

Staff wouldn't stop hassling us over going slow even though we never had anyone behind us and a foursome in front of us. Felt extremely uncomfortable and this course lacks friendliness and hospitality.

I’ll put the TL:DR (Too Long Didn’t Read) at the beginning and if you want to get details just scroll down. Course was amazing especially given the rain we get but is poorly marked. Carts had a useless screen with no help on yardages. Staff made me and my friend, a beginner who has only played 3 times before today, extremely uncomfortable. $45 I payed was fair and they also have a $25 walking all day deal which I hope to take advantage of in the near future.

1. Course: the maintenance of the fairways, greens, and overall practice facilities is probably the best in a 15 mile radius. I was pleasantly surprised with the state of the course. I think it’s immaculate, especially when you add the constant rain we get during this time of year. Greens were pretty quick, a few patches of sand on the corner of very few greens but nothing that’ll throw you off. Fairways were beautiful, well cut, and even the majority of it was dry. So overall, the course itself was a great experience and probably worth the $45. I only wish it was better marked with it’s yardages because

2. Carts: come with a screen and we might’ve just gotten unlucky with our cart but not only was the screen extremely scratched to the point you could barely see the image (looked like someone purposely scratched the screen with a tee) but the screen didn’t give you any distances other than the starting tee. Kind of defeats the purpose of even having a screen.

3. Staff: deserves negative points for lack of friendliness and hospitality. At times made me and my friend, who is brand new to the game, feel extremely uncomfortable. I’ll start off by saying that my tee time was at 9:50 and by 9:25 we were getting rushed by staff to go out and start playing. We were literally hitting practice balls and one of the staff approached us and rushes us to get to the tee box. Frankly, it was weird since once we got to the first tee there was neither anybody ahead of us nor behind us. No one had came behind us for another 3 more holes. Again, my friend is brand new to the sport so it was obvious that even our twosome was going to be a little slow, I didn’t think much of it since there was nobody around to either rush us or for us to slow them down. Once we did have people catch up to us we let them pass no problem. After the front 9, we wanted to replenish our water bottles and went back to the club house to do so. When we get there staff tells us that 90degree rule changed to cart path only. I apologized because we had been doing 90 degree until then. Staff tells us it’s not that big of deal and to just be mindful when driving.
We finished at 2:00pm, and yes we took way longer than usual to play 18 but never, not once, slow anyone from playing behind us. And granted we had told him my friend was brand new to the sport. Still, once we got back to the club house he and his buddies wouldn’t stop hassling us over our time. Definitely made my friend feel especially uncomfortable, it was his 3rd time playing ever on the course. We didn’t say a word, packed up our things and left.

Great course conditions, uncomfortable staff experience.

I’ll write a TL:DR in the beginning and you can scroll down if you want details. Overall the maintenance of the course is fantastic. The golf carts have a pointless screen that only give you the starting tee yardages. Staff was rude and made me and my friend feel extremely uncomfortable. It’s unfortunate they did because the course is great and I think it’s worth the $45 and they also have a $25 all day walking deal on one of their 9 hole course that I will definitely be taking advantage of in the near future.

We get to #1 on the back 9, and unfortunately I hit right of the fairway close to the water. Cart path is on the left. I loosely interpreted what staff told us about being mindful and decided to apply the 90 degree rule on this shot. Once I approach my ball, the same staff member that gave us the “mindfulness” spiel is seen coming toward us. At first we thought we were just going to get a talking to but that staff member decides to evade us and drive up to the green. We found this odd, and it was more odd once we got closer to the green and he decides to drive away for good, he never left his golf cart. We didn’t think much of it at the time, frankly we were probably just relieved we didn’t get a talking to. Then, on hole #7 Par 3 of the Sabel course. The same staff member is sitting in his golf cart, kind of staring in our general direction. We pass by him, say a friendly hello, and go on to the 7th tee. He doesn’t respond, pauses for a moment, then approaches us and tells us that he’s been looking for us and “hunting us down” because we’ve been playing “too slow”. By this time we had a foursome ahead of us and we couldn’t speed up even if we wanted to. I tell him I’m a good golfer but my friend is brand new to the sport so that’s why we’re going slower than usual. He scuffs at us and tells us to just keep going. This is when we got extremely uncomfortable. Why was he looking for us? Why was he so fixated on us specifically? Did he not notice we had a foursome ahead of us? I honestly just did not know what his problem was.

overcharged

Premier card rates showed $25 and 8 of us were charged $45. each. No one notified Golf Now of the rate increase or failed to mention when tee time was booked by phone. Do not play here for this price! With all the other options on the Premier card this is outrages! Course is a $25-$30 value at best!!!

Good place overall

Covid is not make things easy for anyone, bit staff was friendly and with safe behaviour. I had play on the Royal, the course is nice, few greens not on the best condition, but is not completely a fault of the management, is to many people that don’t have a “code” on how we should do things! Overall a nice place to play!

Classic Switchero Ripoff

Called the course and told them I had the players card and they didn’t say anything special other than i should book through golf now.
Fair enough so that is what I did.
Only after I arrived, the counter person said that they were using a loophole in the players card program to charge me 67% more than the advertised price on the players card. They were smug about it which was annoying
That might have been ok if the course was good but it really wasn’t - the fairways were not in great shape, a few greens had problems and there were houses really close to the course.
The conditions were not out of the ordinary for Florida golf in June but you don’t rip people off for a mid day June round.
Anyway, they are better courses for the money so go there rather than here.

Played 18 of the 27 holes. They have 3 9 holes courses that they rotate to keep it in great shape.

Highly recommend.