Cypress Knoll Golf & Country Club features tough bunkering

Cypress Knoll Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1989
Greens Jones Dwarf Grass
Architect Gary Player (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Walking Allowed No

Bar, Grill

19th Hole Specials 6

Not bad

Seems the course is past its prime but the greens rolled smooth, wer'e moderately fast and held shots well. Fairways and tee boxes were mostly good. If you keep it in play you'll enjoy the conditions but if not you'll encounter some bare ground and weeds. Good amount of water hazards. Bunkers were raked and most in good shape. Pace of play was excellent - my son and I played 18 in 3 hrs. Never waited. Ladies in the pro shop were friendly and courteous. I would play this course again. It should be noted there had not been any rain for a few days and conditions were still soft so the course could easily get soggy with rain.

Hidden Gem

When I pulled in the parking lot was a little nervous as there were only a couple of cars there first thought let me call somewhere else, Second thought, it will be a laid back relaxing day let’s do it! And I’m thrilled we did, My husband and I enjoyed our time here. This course has beautiful scenery, pleasant fairways and greens. The layout is wonderful. First time playing and surely will not be our last! We live in the Orlando area and play a different course all over Florida every weekend and this was the pick of the day. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Yes, some of the course was a little wet, but that is nature’s doing not the staff nor the course. I just don’t believe in penalizing any course for something they will never be able to control, Noting yes, penalizing no. With that said I have played courses a lot wetter than the few wet areas here. Can not wait to play Cypress Knoll again it has made a space at the top of my list of favorites. I love beautiful courses with lots of trees and a peaceful atmosphere, Definitely worth a try if you get the chance.

Improved

Course has really improve since the last time I played it

Course does not drain well. Need to wait three or four days after a good rain before playing. Would not recommend unless the course is dry.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hello, Lloyd. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are very important to us. Please know that we have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Cypress Knoll Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Think about it first

First off, the course conditions were good. Really wet, but good. With that said, this course wasn’t fun. The lay out Is really tough even for a good player and some of the holes were gimmicky in my opinion. Ex, 3rd hole...6 foot high weeds in front of the tee and trees blocking over half the fairway. So you have to hit a hook just in order to hit the fairway. I got lost twice and played the wrong hole by mistake. Course was in decent condition but should’ve wondered why there were so many times available. I didn’t enjoy it overall.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Hello, Brandon. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Cypress Knoll Golf & Country Club!

Great course, Great staff and challenging layout. I'm newer to golf and still learning but this course has been described as one of the tougher courses to play in the area. The staff is always friendly and helpful, pro shop is not run (stocked, priced...) by the club which makes me not want to spend the extra money there and the food is less to be desired but the beer is cold and atmosphere is very inviting so a drink after the round is always a good option. The course is kept up as much as I can expect for the amount of play it really gets, if you have an open Tee Time I highly suggest giving this club a shot.

Good value

The corse itself was in great condition, they just need to put sand on the current traps. Sand traps are like concrete and the cart path needs work. The fairways and greens are great.. we seemed to have the corse to ourselves, fast pace of play.

A great design in need of a little TLC

We enjoyed the Gary Player design but the course was soggy after recent rains. Bunkers hard packed and the cart path was really rough. A little slow grabbing lunch at the turn but the burgers were made to order. Friendly pro shop staff. Seems to be a club in transition. I’d play it again.

Wet course

This is one of the wettest courses I’ve played in the northeast Florida area. It’s in nice condition and playable though difficult. The wetness makes playing it sloppy, dirty and causes lots of walking due to cart path only on quite a few holes.

Three amigos medium handicappers

Course and staff were very good. Way soggy though after all the rain lately. Greens in good shape though and enjoyed the wildlife that was abundant thrui the course and the statues that were around. Layout among the houses made playing and hitting a house with errant shot not worrisome. Will enjoy playing there again

Angry Pro Shop

This is the second time I have played this course and won’t be returning. There was a problem with my tee time (hot deal made through Golfnow) and even after I showed the woman my confirmation receipt she told me that I had to figure it with Golfnow. Even after the Golfnow advisor spoke with her she was less than helpful. Once I got out on the course it was torn up due to excessive rain and a failure of the management to make it cart path only. This was a long drive for aggravation and a course in poor shape. I won’t be going back!

It has fallen on hard times again!

Course needs a lot of work. the senior and ladies tee boxes need to be repaired. None of the sand traps are playable as they are never raked, have no sand and are filled with weeds. The greens have become so-so with many of those on the back nine now having many weed spots growing in them.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Cypress Knoll Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Goodlayout

Needs to dry out like most around here. Good course from the white tees. Probably too long for older players from the blue.

Bunnell, Florida