A view of hole #17 at Orange County National - Panther Lake Course

Panther Lake: Orange County National

Year Built 1997
Greens Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass

Practice Hole Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 75

Greens are in great shape after being punched 3 weeks ago.

Orlando’s Best

Best golf complex in Orlando. Both courses are world class. Fair for all levels.

Panther Lake

Great course with challenging holes and some forced carries. One of by favorites. Close to Disney.

Commented on 05/29/2020

Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Commented on 05/28/2020

With individual carts during the Covid restrictions, the pace of play is fast. We finished at least 30 minutes ahead of the already quicker pace. Course is beautiful, just the right amount of difficulty and really convenient. Carts come with divot sand and cold water bottles. Friendly staff.

Panther Lake

Challenging but fun track to play near Disney World. Great layout. Some long holes and carries. Worth the play.

Good course

I played Panther Lake on Friday afternoon, course was in great shape, with just a little bit of top dressing on the greens as the only bad thing. Had a great time and the staff was excellent.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Great course & layout!

I’ve played OCN for several years and both Panther Lake & Crooked Cat are usually two of my favorite courses, however the last time I played Crooked Cat, the conditions of the greens were terrible!
I’ll assume they were doing maintenance on them, but if you’re going to have the course open for paying customers then at least roll the greens after sanding & aeration so that they are playable!
Or close the course until you’ve gotten the conditions back to being acceptable. I’ve never seen them so bad.
Definitely not up to the normal standards of OCN!

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for reviewing Orange County National! We want the opportunity to get 5-stars on your next visit, so please give us another try in the future!

Beautiful Course

This is one of the nicer courses in the Orlando area that I have played. Greens, tee boxes, and faorways were all on beautiful shape even though we did not have any rain for a long time. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Not good right now

Fairways need help big time! I play here a lot and I rarely think the conditions are less than fair, but right now is no bueno. Greens are verticut and sandy right now, which I think should knock down the price a bit but not at OCN- give them all the moneys you has! Seriously though, the fairways need some serious TLC. There's so much dead grass looking like Covid Lung it's starting to catch up to all the dead lakes that have no water and a sick stink to 'em. IDK who left the review that it's Q School ready but that guy clearly never played here around Q School time. Course is great but overall condition & playability on Panther right now is about 1.5/5.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Thank you for reviewing Orange County National! We want the opportunity to get 5-stars on your next visit. Please give us another chance in the near future!

Commented on 05/14/2020

Nice course to play .

The 5500yard course is not that easy you can suppose. The fairways are well maintained and the green is pretty good for putting. Long distance shooting with drivers is not a good strategy for a good score but you should be very careful to the waters and the well designed green.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Disappointed with conditions

I have played Orange County National at least 10 times. About have Crooked Cat, have Panther Lake. I have always been impressed with the course conditions but this time was different.
The fairways were very thin and had to look for grass. Shocked that the course was in such poor shape.
This was on Crooked Cat. Very disappointed as it was the first time I’ve plated in a few weeks due to Covid-19.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We here at Orange County National are proud of the steps we have taken to enhance the player experience. However, we clearly missed the mark on this day. Please email rtaylor@ocngolf.com so that we can resolve this matter with you. - OCN Management

Another wonderful day

Always love playing this and Crooked. Both offer everything for the beginner to the Professional.
Course in excellent shape as usual. Virus safety is outstanding.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Commented on 04/20/2020

bunker rakes were not available/ BUT, otherwise WHAT a greatcourse.

Commented on 04/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star review! We have removed the bunkers rakes and other highly-touched items from the course to eliminate risk and providing safety for our golfers. We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Back 9 is brilliant

Don’t know why, but the front 9 was in far worse condition than the back. VERY Wintry condition on the front (e.g. burnt greens and some completely burnt out rough). The backside was lush and greens far truer.... maybe it’s where the sun hits??? Would definitely recommend with the prices they have now. Staff is accommodating considering the issues right now with Covid. As an avid golfer and +5.7 handicap, you’ll get all you can handle with a few nice views from the tips.

Commented on 04/06/2020