Panther Lake: Orange County National

Year Built 1997
Greens Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass

Practice Hole Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 74

Panther Lake is a great course at Orange County National!

Panther Lake was a lot of fun. I played Crooked Cat a few weeks ago and these are 2 very different courses. Panther Lake was set up like a normal Florida golf course. There was a decent amount of water/marsh that would come into play versus no water at Crooked Cat. Course conditions were very good though as everything was well taken care of. Tee boxes were good, fairways were great and the greens were good. Greens were a little better conditioned than Crooked Cat!

There are nice bathroom facilities on each 9 and we saw the cart girl 4 times during our round. Orange County National has a fantastic range and practice facility. Big pro shop and nice clubhouse. The golf carts are some of the best I have used. Really comfy seats and a USB plug. They could add a GPS monitor in the future.

I would 100% play this course again, but I think I like Crooked Cat better because it was links style.

Commented On 09/20/2019

Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Great round of golf

Played on a late tee time snagged off of GolfNow. The course was in great shape and greens are recovering nicely from aeration. Overall the course was in terrific shape! Staff was very friendly. Can’t wait to get back out there for a late afternoon round before daylight savings time is here.

Commented On 09/20/2019

Panther Lake

Great layout. 5 star course. Close to Disney. A must play.

Commented On 09/18/2019

Nice

Conditions were good, needs another week and the greens should be perfect.. Loved the layout. Played Panther Lake. Will definitely be back to play Crooked Cat..

Commented On 09/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Decent

I arrived at the course early and was looking forward to my round. I played this course last year and it was a great experience. The staff was friendly from the guys at the bag drop to the pro shop checking in. I went to the Putting rain to practice before my round and noticed that it had been aerated recently. No where on Golfnow was it mentioned about the aeration. When I checked in at the first tee , I asked the starter about the aerated greens, they stated it was about two weeks ago and the greens were a little bumpy. Overall the course was in excellent shape, cart girl kept coming around on a regular basis, pace of play was excellent. I will be back but just hope that in the future if a course has aerated their greens that Golf *Now puts that on the website.

Punched greens no fun

For the hype we were disappointed in the greens conditions.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Thank you for reviewing Orange County National! We want the opportunity to get 5-stars on your next visit! Please let our staff know how we can make your experience more enjoyable!

Greens under aerification

I checked golf pass for 3 weeks and this course was not marked as under arrification. I had a friend travel across town and turned down several other choices based on the golf pass info and we were so disappointed. I wish Golfnow could hold this course accountable for lying about the poor status of the greens.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Hello, u000005100143. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Panther Lake at Orange County National.

Great track

Course was in fantastic shape, greens rolled true.. There were a couple of pin placements that were brutal especially if you have never played the course but a great day of golf

Commented On 08/26/2019

Awesome as always

I love playing these course and always will try to play them whenever they pop up as a hot deal. Would recommend to any level of golfer. Courses are always in good shape, greens can be hit or miss depending on the frequency of airation/maintenance, but That aside they’re always fun to play. I really hope they don’t sell them because of the growing housing market!

Commented On 08/23/2019

Panther lakes

This is one of my favourite courses in Orlando The greens were a bit slower then normal but still a superb course

Excellent Course & Facilities

Great course to play some fantastic holes and a very good challenge. If your in the Disney area this course is a must play also the Crooked Cat course. All the staff at the course were very friendly and helpful.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Good course, but service sadly lacking

Played the course around 5 years ago, so was looking forward to my return. Whilst the course itself was fine, apart from the greens having been scarified (I think, there were lines in the turf) though the ball ran true. I had forgotten my yardage meter, and there was a distinct lack of yardage information out on the course itself, mostly just standard 200/150/100. OK my fault for forgetting, but a lack of GPS in cart was noticeable from a round elsewhere 2 days ago. Unfortunately for us the staff really didn’t seem too bothered about helping. We hired clubs, had to carry them out ourselves. After the round, which was cut short on last 2 holes due to a storm passing through, we went into the clubhouse for a coffee, however the reply was “oh sorry, we would have to make a fresh jug, you can wait if you want to!” Actually no, something as basic as that not readily available? The cost increase over our previous round for the rental clubs was really unjustified in our view, fewer clubs, no balls and only the cart tees supplied. We left, feeling very much deflated by the experience.

Commented On 08/19/2019

I played the Panther Golf Course at Orange County National and it was in great shape. Enjoyed the play. I recommend it Nice practice facilities as well

Crooked Cat is the other course I have played here and it is also wonderful

Commented On 08/16/2019

Awesome day

I have played here numerous times , Today was a best ever day on PL. We played in just over 4 hours, did not have to wait on any holes. Course was in excellent condition. We stopped after the front nine to ride out a thunderstorm, went out to play the back nine, again had no issues. Greens were in good shape , tee boxes were excellent I love the fact that after a thunderstorm the fairways and greens are still playable.. The only downer for the day was I made a hole in one on number six, and the staff was rather ho hum about it. Otherwise a awesome day/

Commented On 08/16/2019

Commented On 08/13/2019

Unbelievable condition

Course is immaculate shape. Beautiful condition great course

Commented On 08/09/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Panther Lake at Orange County National!

Commented On 08/13/2019