View of the 6th hole on the North Course at the Golf Club at Terra Lago

The Golf Club at Terra Lago North

Year Built 1999
Architect Brian Curley (1999) Lee E. Schmidt (1999)

Practice Hole Yes

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Playing Multiple Courses 52

Wind made it a Monster!

I played at 8:30 am and the wind was whipping! 30-40 mph gusts and it seemed like every hole was into the wind. When I was done I felt like I had just played a 7,500 yard round! Some fun holes that give players a chance to use imagination. Greens were ok but a little thin and rough as is to be expected in the desert in the summer. No one was out there so pace was great. played in less than 3 1/2 hours in a twosome.

Chuck's Review

A challenging course with winding, narrow fairways. This course has some nice views, especially from the elevated tees.

Pae of play

Tee time was 6:00 am. We completed the front 9 by 7:35 am. Upon arriving at the 10th tee, there were 2 groups ahead of us. They told us they were starting on the 10th tee. We called the pro shop and were told they start groups on the 1st and 10th tee from 6:00 to 8:00. We were not informed of this when making the tee time or when checking in. I was then told, "You played too fast." In 45 years of playing this game, I have never been told that. The marshall came out to the 10th tee and said we needed to wait our turn. I asked if someone with a 7:45 tee time for the back 9 shows up am I supposed to let them play in front of me? He said, yes if it is before 8:00 am. What's the point of teeing off at 6:00 am if this happens? It took over 2.5 hours to play the back 9 and we waited on every hole. Not an enjoyable round and the staff did not care. Not likely to play here again.

Beautiful course

Great course. Wind made it play tough. Beautiful, well maintained. Wish there was a beverage cart. Other than that all good.

Like everyone else I have been hunkered down since March and only in the last few weeks have I started to play again. I have played this course well over a hundred times over the years and I thought it would be a nice course to meet a friend and play a round under the new Covid-19 guidelines. My friend and I arrived separately and each loaded up on separate carts. Right away we were a little taken back in that of the number of other golfers arriving. only 2 or three wore mask (as we were) and there was no social distancing between any of the groups including the starter (also no mask. Avoiding these groups we went to the clubhouse to pay our round. Inside there was a more distancing (only a few masks). The gentleman behind the counter had a mask around his neck not over his face. Once out we got in our carts a played our round. We were a twosome. Upon finishing we dropped off our carts at the appointed area which had at least 20-30 people, none with masks, and intermingling. No employee was ever seem that day wearing a mask.

When you go to the Courses site they profess how safe and the procedures they had instituted to protect people. Most of this was only lip service. I know that many people don't believe the hype over the virus and with the opening feel that everything is better. My friend and I will not be going back and will discourage our friends to play there.

Greens terrible

No upkeep on the green as it was basically dirt with little grass

Anonymous

Disorganized and Bad Attitude

We played here June 6 - Sunday at 6AM. The foursome in front of us were right on pace and all is great until we reached the 10th hole.. Three backed up groups all waiting to tee-up.

We noticed two foursome are now in front of the foursome in front of us...The wait jumped to 10 minutes per hole. So I immediately called the Proshop to speak with the manager. The manager said ‘that’s their tee-time’ today. starting from the back at 8AM.

So I said ‘ on the 10th hole!?

He said YES! You start at 6 in the front and they start at 8AM from the back..

I said ‘don’t you realize that we will eventually collide and create traffic? Why would you do that?

The manager said ‘We are back to back and this is how we do it.. You play here, deal with it.

Wow! Disorganized + Attitude = not recommended.

Play somewhere else, Palm Springs has more than 300 golf courses, avoid Terra Lago!

I really enjoyed the layout. The greens were bare in spots and a little bumpy... my issue was with the inside staff even considering the Virus issues they were more involved in personal conversations with each other, never provided any direction or asked if there was anything I needed... in simpler words, their customer service sucked..

Potential to be a great course, you would have thought that due to Covid 19 the maintenance guys would have kept the course in pristine condition but they let it go. That's why it's only a 3 star course.

Horrible Management

Ok.
I had an 8 am tee time. Walk up to the tee box and the starter tells me the are running 20 minutes early, and he will put me with the next group. Two foursomes later he pairs me with another single. Waited 10-15 minutes every tee box.
They course does not know how to manage there tee times and the experience was horrible because of it. With all the courses to choose from in the area, I will never play this course again because the staff and experience was pathetic. I quit after nine holes and they didn’t care that they jerked me around and made my golf vacation a disaster. They don’t care about you, only the money. They where even running early rounds off the back nine so when I went to tee off the where already making the turn. Plus their carts are outdated and are inaccurate. Will never play this dog track again.
Pick a different course, you will be glad you did.

Nice job

Thank you for all of staff to keep golf course in good shape and very challenging course but I had fun.

A great track truly neglected

It's hard for me to be overly critical here given they've probably been operating on a skeleton crew. So I guess that I shouldn't expect everything to be immaculate. Having said that, there was many glaring things wrong. The North course is in just abysmal shape. Lots of burnt out spots on the greens. Literal indentations in the green the size of a coffee can. Spurge and weeds taking over in many areas. Grass growing in bunkers.

The course looked like you'd expect a municipal course out here to look in the middle of August after months of triple digit heat.

Having said that, I was able to play golf and that is a blessing. The little staff that I saw was exceptionally friendly and inviting. The pace was incredible. I was able to tee off @ 6:20 solo and completed my round in a hair over two hours. I only had to bypass one foursome that conveniently tee'd off on 10 right as I was finishing #9.

No range for now, which is apparently standard for public courses during these times of Covid. Hoping once things come back the normal, they can show the course some love. I'd love to play it when the greens and fairways are actually green.

Great Round

Great day to play during the Corona Virus
Played in 3 1/2 hours
Highly Recommend

Golf now did not secure our reservation

I was very disappointed when my wife and I discovered during check in at the golf course golf now had not called the pro shop to secure our reservation. The pro shop had no record of our tee time or that a reservation was ever made . We were about to go home when Christopher at the check in desk squeezed us in another spot where the couple was a no show.. The round was the slowest I’ve ever experienced in the Coachella valley, but at least we able to play. The same failure of golf now occurred with us last year in April at San Gorgonio golf course in Palm desert.

Slow slow slow

The course was in pretty good shape, but it took 3 hours to finish the first 9. Where was the Marshall?? Did they overbook??? We got shorted 3 holes. Not impressed.

Rain should have closed this course

We pushed back a day due to significant rain. When we arrived the next day they informed us they only had the back nine of each course open. When we checked in with the starter he informed us things were 20 mins behind. Thirty minutes later we were told another fifteen minutes. Course was crammed with groups - we waited one to two groups per hole. Some holes were so wet the fairway was 1/4 as wide as normal. I know really bad weather creates challenges, but we should not have been on that course, and the Mgmt should have kept it closed and refunded. Poor experience.

Private/Resort