View of the 6th hole on the North Course at the Golf Club at Terra Lago
2.6

The Golf Club at Terra Lago North

Year Built 1999
Architect Brian Curley (1999) Lee E. Schmidt (1999)

Practice Hole Yes

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Playing Multiple Courses 52

What you’d expect

The course was in beautiful condition a d just recently opened after its reseeding. Perfect day and perfect golf. If I played perfect golf.

Great layout but needs some love

The course is nicely designed but definitely needs some more investment in the maintenance.

Value difficult course

Terra Lago North is a difficult course with very fast undulating greens, elevation changes and challenging approach shots. Used to have classy resort appeal that no longer exists as customer service appears nonexistent,.Once friendly now stoic employees give the impression that they don’t like being there. Because of course difficulty course can play a bit slow but the best challenge for the money in the valley. Just don’t expect to feel welcome.

Great day for golf

Very challenging course requiring some shot creativity. Wishing the wind was a little more forgiving. Fun round of golf ⛳.

Teeing off in the dark? Seriously

I booked this on GolfNow to replace the Saturday morning Palm Springs tee time that they canceled 4 days before my trip!!!! I couldn't find another tee time so I called GolfNow but they were not much help. We found the only comparable course with a 6:20am tee time so I took it. Then 1 day before I realized that it is still very dark at 6:20am on Oct. 24!!!! I don't know WHY they sell a tee time in the dark! So I called the course and they were not help. "Well, you booked the tee time so...." with no explanation how it works. We got to the course, the desk was rude when I asked, "how are we supposed to tee off in the pitch dark?" He said, "I don't know, you made the tee time!". I really think I deserve some of my money back for two rounds as the first three holes were impossible to play....and it took a lot of the fun out of the rest of the game and our Palm Springs birthday weekend. Note to self.....I guess they sell tee times that are in the dark - and I guess it's just buyer beware. Bad business practice!!! Never again. In addition, a Saturday morning and the course had NO coffee, no food at the turn at 9:30am, ??? COVID should not be the cause -just poor customer service all around.

Course closed at 5 pm. They told us we have to be off at 5 pm and they lock the gate of parking lot at 5:10. This wasn’t true and staff in pro shop was very rude And in helpful. Many people continued to play but we stopped secondary to the threats. There also weren’t enough golf cartsSo had to walk to driving range which isn’t close to club house Not we’ll run but course is fun

DO NOT BOOK A TEE TIME AFTER 1:30!

This review isn’t meant to keep people from booking Terra Lago, but to make sure they don’t fall for the cheap rate later in the day. When I arrived the course was jam packed. THERE ARE SIGNS POSTED AROUND THAT CARTS NEED TO BE BACK IN THE CLUBHOUSE BY 5pm. We arrived an hour early to warm up on the range and putting green, purchased 2 sets of range balls, was given a cart by a very polite gentleman with a heavy Irish accent, and told to head to the range, where I would give my receipt to the person at the range ball station. Arrive at the range, station was all locked up....no employee in sight....called the pro shop informed them no one was there, they told me someone would be out there shortly. Waited 25 minutes no one arrived, there were about 7 other golfers waiting for range balls to warm up. Ended up hitting the putting green for the last 15 minutes before we had to tee off....starting off with cold swings sucks.

Course layout was great, very nice greens, but tons of OB. Make sure you bring extra balls because if you’re a novice golfer you’ll be losing a few sleeves. Since it was Saturday there was obviously bottle necks at the par 3’s, waiting 10-15 minutes to hit was kind of a drag, but the course was nice and challenging. We didn’t even play 12 holes before we were instructed by the Marshall that it was time to bring the carts back. I didn’t understand why they needed to be back so soon, it doesn’t get dark till closer to 6, we could have finished our round before it started getting dark, but they didn’t care, they referenced the posted signs that everyone knows carts come back by 5pm.

Will definitely play North course again, but obviously at a much earlier time. If you book anything after 1:30, don’t be surprised when you don’t get to finish your round.

Golf course staff rude and sold us range balls when it was closed

Golf pro shop sold range balls check at 1:30 pm and it was closed at 1:00 pm and never said anything,

Beware you pay for green fees and 18 holes and they don’t tell you that they close the course at 5:00 pm and all of the golf carts have to be back in and the block off the entrances to holes 16-18 if you try to keep playing and shutdown the GPS on the carts at 5:00 pm.

terrible customer service

over the years i have played here , i found the staff not to be very friendly. it happened today, 10/23. an employee was downright hostile to me due to a mistake i made driving my cart up hill to drop my clubs off. i did this in the past, but they no longer allow this, he jumped into my cart while i went to discard thrash, and drove it down hill shouting it does not belong here. he could have chastise me, but he chose to be rude and ignorant.
as i said, this place strongly lacks good customer service. i put up with it because i enjoy the north course

Plays Twice a year

Very nice course

We played the North course. It was a very nice course in good shape. I am an average golfer and had a great time.

A little ragged

Course was somewhat ragged but still seemed like a good deal for the money

great value

enjoyed palying at Terra Lago, played the North Curse. Good variation throughout corse. looking forward to playing again.

Beautiful course worth playing.

This is a beautiful course. Best described as target golf with a nice club house and amenities. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating (played during COVID). Warning: it can get extremely hot with very little shade on the course.

Rough around the edges

Pls note that as requested, I am mindful of the Covid challenges when writing this review. However someone is taking their eye off what matters and not all is due to Covid....

THE STAFF are without exception very kind, cheerful, engaging and really stood out, KUDOS! :) I was really impressed!!

THE FACILITY has aged and has not seen any TLC. Case in point: restrooms, pro shop, parking lot... none have aged well and appear not to be priorities.

Golf Carts have a very old GPS with a very small screen and not ability to zoom in on the GREENS nor other features as seen at PGA, IWGR etc... Carts are old. My cart had a weak drivetrain with odd power surges and braking throughout the round and whining noises. Ice cooler had a cracked lid.

THE COURSE (North). The GREENS were amazing in their pace, consistent speed and condition. Someone of the best I’ve played. The rest of the course has very obvious signs of neglect that are older than the Covid situation: massive areas of worn grass, cart paths that are cracked, the massive Hole signs on rock slabs are worn, faded, cracked and peeling. Grass around the greens and bunkers are erratic in length and look. The Scorecard was a photocopy on light blue paper from a previous tournament (At the bottom it stated we were the 7am tee time on hole 3A, Team 5). The driving range as a facility is nice: hitting on grass and no mats with generous room in each stall, however balls are distributed from a machine with a code (like a muni) and the balls are worn out with almost no dimples.

The actual challenge of the course is great with a very good golfing challenge.

Keeping in mind the distance required to drive to this course and the many choices that we have, Ownership needs to step up their game ....

Fun with lousy staff

Played the north course. Fun layout, challenging with a nice mix of holes.
The staff was the worst I have encountered in the industry. Some tried, starter, bag handlers, but long lines, loud music and the comment “if you don’t like it get a refund and play somewhere else” overshadowed those that tried.

Private/Resort