Castle Creek Country Club

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Green (W) 72 4697 yards 68.0 116

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include narrow fairways bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views watching the game

"Mr."

wmetz1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

We played on Sunday (Father's Day).

It was all good. We had a Great Time.

W.

"Price was right, but they need to water the course!"

doutcalt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Interesting layout, some fun and challenging holes. The greens were in bad shape though. I couldn’t make a putt to save my life because the greens were bumpy, lumpy and dry in many places. They were very slow and didn’t role true at all. The back nine is pretty, but I’m probably not coming back unless they do something to improve conditions. Kinda feels like they might not be around too much longer unless something changes. BTW, I had a hot dog at the turn which was microwaved and the bun got melted into the cardboard carrying tray. The best thing was the course was pretty empty so I could hit a couple of practice shots once in a while.....

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 06/12/2018:

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course, but we apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We are currently working on improving our greens and we appreciate your patience with us. Thank you for your review and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

rsorich's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you've noticed the improvements we've made with our course. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Challenging layout but greens are awful"

mfogel1950's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Greens have several different grasses and weeds and are slow. Most sand traps are inadequate. Frustrating!

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently working on improving our course and we appreciate your patience with us during this time. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/29/2018:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

"Much improved"

junechun's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

The greens are almost normal. Much much better than a few weeks sgo.

It was so quiet & the green fee was so reasonable. Enjoyed very much.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/17/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you've noticed the improvements in our grees and that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"A very old facility that could stand some updating"

Jonathan9060700's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Quiet, cozy old neighborhood. Very nice people! It is a good inexpensive day there. Not a lot of imagination put into the layout. Close enough to Temecula to make it worthwhile

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/09/2018:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

"Castle creek"

costainc's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Course is in bad shape. Blotchy fairways and greens. Too bad because this used to be a nice course fairly priced.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/09/2018:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are working on improving our course conditions every day and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

omorris1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

played here last year needed work but has come along way in great lengths looking good, I live close by and now will go more often.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/09/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you've noticed the improvements we've made. We can't wait to have you back more in the future!

"Course in bad shape"

johnstas's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

This course is in horrible condition. I will not go back and will not recommend it to anyone. Greens are patchy with lots of bare spots. Little difference between fairways and rough and not much green grass, mostly brown. Pace of play was good likely because most people don't want to play this course in this condition. Strange thing is the pro shop has nothing for sale. No balls, tees, shoes, hats etc.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/02/2018:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations and we appreciate your feedback. We are always working on improving our conditions and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

"Great Day on the Course"

William9828641's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Had a very nice Fast great day! A few greens had some issues. The fairways need to be cut. I believe they are trying to get it to grow back from the winter before the first cut of spring. I will always golf there. Very nice course.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 05/02/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your day with us and we appreciate your feedback. We are always working on improving our course conditions and we look forward to having you back again soon!

SOCALMCC's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

this was the first time we played this course in about 4 months. greens have improved since then. a couple of greens still had some rough spots. i play 160 rounds a year and if the course conditions continue to improve, i will be back. for $28 on a saturday morning it is a good deal. it is not a bomb and gouge course.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 04/24/2018:

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you've noticed the improvement in our greens and we continue to work on improving them every day. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

"Course Condition Problematic"

sbepko's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

Some green OK, most had bare patches or signs that the motorcycles had been there. Fairways were not great relative to other North County courses. Price was very reasonable, but I would have rather paid a little more for a better conditioned course. Probably will not play there again for a few years anyway.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 04/24/2018:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We are working on improving our conditions every day and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

"Worst GC in San Diego County"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Easily the worst course in San Diego. Not worth spending even 10 bucks to play there if you can get it that cheap. It usually sits around 20-35 bucks but you can grab an afternoon tee time at other places that are 1,000,000 times better than this course. Carts are terrible, fairways are HORRIBLE, greens are the worst I’ve ever seen extremely hard and dirt spots all over them. I’ve played there about 5 times and I promised myself I would never go back after the last round 2 years ago. This time I can finally say I will never go back for sure I played 7 holes and left it was such a discusting course. Literally nothing good about it and I’m not a hard critic I just like to get out and play. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS PLACE IS STILL IN BUSINESS. Go anywhere else. I’m warning you. Terrible. I’ve never written a review on anything before and I probably never will because nothing has or ever will be as horrible as this course I felt it my duty to leave this review and save you money and time and loss of fun.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 04/19/2018:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We are working on improving our course conditions every day and we appreciate your feedback. We'd love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at castlecreekcc@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

"Nice Challenge At Castle Creek"

Robert4895622's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

For a casual round, I love Castle Creek. It’s got short and long holes and elevation changes on the back nine. A few of the greens were spotty but overall the course was in good shape. Pace of play was fine even on a crowded Sunday afternoon. Carts are clean and work well. The fee was low. It’s no country club but a pretty course and great value. The staff is nice and they have a full bar. Worth playing regularly.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 04/17/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us at Castle Creek. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented and that you found us to be a good value. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Great Value. Fast Pace"

William9828641's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

The course was wide open tee time 12:08 Friday.

A few greens had some rough patches. Overall course looked good. Fairways could use a mowing. Sometimes couldn't tell if on fairway or just in first layer of rough. Pro shop clerk acted like he did not want to there. Everyone else super friendly.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 04/09/2018:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also pleased that you were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Course condition"

aztecwin's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2018

The condition of the course is very bad. Lots of time and effort wasted on cart paths and the club house by maintenance people who should be out taking care of the course. I am a member for now. I stay because of m friends who still play and work there. LouAnn tries hard and is underpaid but needs help on the golf side. Book keeping is not accurate. Hope this place can stay afloat but looks bad from the outside..

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 04/02/2018:

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and we would love the chance to speak with you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at castlecreekcc@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

"Play This Course on Regular Basis"

brucewithers's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

Always ready to play this course; it's in nice condition, good pace of play and perfect for walking 9 holes.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 03/26/2018:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Castle Creek!

"Poor Course Condition"

hbashore's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Played a round with a Hotdeal for $13. Value was great. Couse condition has gone downhill since the last time I played here. Greens are very rough. Played 18 holes in 2hr40min. Despite poor course condition, price and speed of play made for an enjoyable round.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 03/22/2018:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you found us to be a good value and that you were able to play at a good pace. We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We are working on improving our course every day, so we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Hectormb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

The greens are in horrible condition, but it is always a fun course to play. Starter is a great guy.

Response from Castle Creek Country Club on 03/20/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our layout and that our staff left a great impression on you. We are working on improving our greens every day and we hope you will give us another try in the future!