A view from the 2nd fairway at RedHawk Golf Club

Redhawk Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Ron Fream (1991) Mark O'Meara

Glad to get in a round

Well I sqeaked a round in before the mandatory order.
The course was wet of course, but manageable. So glad all So. Cal courses are getting a boost of h2o. The course is lush, fairways, green's are immaculate.
Hope course management stays the course and keeps maint on hand for upkeep. We shall see a month or two from now.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Redhawk and hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 02/24/2020

We appreciate you taking time to leave us a review, and we hope you'll come see us again soon!

Nice Course

We had a great day . The course was great, the greens were challenging. The only downfall would be the yellowness of the fairway grass. To little of a complaint to say anything about.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Redhawk and hope you'll come see us again soon!

Commented on 02/18/2020

We appreciate you taking time to leave us a review, Brian. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Overcharged me for online booking

This is one of my favorite courses but after today I can’t leave a 5 star review. I've been playing here for 10 years and this was my first negative experience. I booked a time through Groupon for $30. Just to make sure there was no confusion I took screenshots as I booked the deal showing the fee and fine print. When I got to the course i was told it would be $55 which is the standard rate. I explained that I booked with Groupon for $30 and showed them the screenshots I took as evidence. They told me I could call Groupon to get it straightened out which I didn't have time for as we were ready to start our round. After going back and forth for a few minutes, I finally gave up as I saw that I wasn't getting anywhere. She blamed Groupon and said I had to deal with them because she didn't have the authority to resolve the issue and there was no manager on site. This makes no sense since I was paying the fee to the pro shop, not to Groupon. Not a very nice way to treat a 10 year long customer

Commented on 02/06/2020

We appreciate you taking time to leave us a review, Chris. We appreciate your continued business and would love to straighten this out for you, so please give us a call at (951) 302-3850. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 02/06/2020

This review is untrue I have booked tee times at this course through group on myself, the fee has never been $30.00. My guess would be the screen shot he showed the course is of the page that says green fees from $30.00. when you go to the page to book a time the fee you pay the course is $55.00. The $30.00 fee doesn't start until 3:30pm. These kind of reviews shouldn't be allowed to be posted.

Course condition

Excellent greens condition and very challenging. Stay away from all sand traps and bunkers because there are very little sand in there and packed sand. Soft bunker shot is next to impossible!

Commented on 02/06/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Redhawk!

Overpriced

Course layout present nice challenges: however, hitting off dirt in the middle of the fairway at a course priced like the best courses in the area not so good.

Commented on 02/06/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, Tony. We're working hard to keep the course in top shape and hope you'll come see us again soon!

Thursday Golf !!

Staff was great. Starter got me out sooner then later. Course wasn’t busy at all. Greens were in good shape and fast !! Only thing that could improve were a few bare spots in the fairways and needing sand in the traps.

Will be back !!

Commented on 03/10/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Price

Good course, but only played because of online deal. If not for deal, it would usually be too expensive for the conditions it’s in.

Commented on 02/06/2020

We appreciate the honest review, and we hope you'll come see us again soon!

Course Conditions

The greens are in great shape. But the rest of the course is in bad shape. Fairways are dirt in many areas. Hit a perfect drive only to hit on a fairway that is dirt or mud. Not the the course of the past

Commented on 01/06/2020

We appreciate you leaving us a review, and we hope you'll come see us again soon.

need course marshals!

we teed off as a father/son twosome at 11:30, our chosen time. i am 79 and my son 47 and we have played many nice courses. Steve, the starter, was very courteous and professional. we were told cart path only and signs were posted. it was busy due to a men's club tournament earlier. behind us were a foursome who seemed anxious. the course was wet, but playable. on hole three we let a single thru. then another single came up. we let him thru but asked that he join the one just in front. we watched as they refused to join up, thus slowing the pace. rude!! the foursome came up behind us and waited. we wondered where the marshal was. we all know it's not fun to play while being pushed. so we rushed our shots and pulled away from them. at the par three (8th) we had to wait for the green to clear. when we got to the green, the foursome behind had the nerve to drive by us w/o asking and yelled "take your time" as they went to the 9th tee. rude!! then we had to wait behind them the rest of the way in and barely finished. they drove their carts onto the wet fairways and tracked them up. to top it off, this drunken group met up with their friends on #17 and played as 7! then they proceeded to drive their carts all over the 18th fairway and tore it to pieces! i wish i had taken photos to post. plus they never fixed their ball marks on the greens. disgusting experience that could have been avoided with a marshal. i would love to identify their ethnicity, but better judgment prevails. let me just say they re-enforced their stereotype. this is another example of golf courses not being able to afford required amenities, such as a marshal. a back-up solution is to print the rules and etiquette and post them in every cart. we confronted these drunk idiots at the end and let them know they were a..holes. the course is nice, but i won't go back.

ed murphy

Slow play

5 groups on holes 2 and 3 with a 2 hole gap. I skipped the 2 holes but then had to wait 5 to 10 minutes per hole...I understand that due to rain it was cart path only...but no marshal to try to help things along.

Commented on 12/09/2019

Hi Garvey, thanks for leaving us a review. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Redhawk is becoming a pidgeon

Like a pidgeon, the course is tough and you have to be aware of the course and not be complacent. But it’s dirty and rundown. Not the glamorous redhawk as in past. The tee boxes look like ground under repair. The parking lot driveway needs new asphalt as potholes are popping up. And the golfer etiquette is no where to be found so the pace of play is so as players do not wave fast players by. I played Glen Ivy in Corona and it’s what Redhawk use to be and the etiquette.

Commented on 11/12/2019

We appreciate you leaving us a review, honest feedback is always appreciated. We're working hard to keep the course in top shape, and we hope you'll come see us again soon to see for yourself!

Redhawk

Great coarse. They just finished reseeding their T boxes so they are a little rough, but greens are great

Commented on 11/19/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, Dustin. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Redhawk, and we hope you'll come see us again soon!

Redhawk golf

Greens were challenging but fun. Have to be accurate off tee. Ended up playing 45 holes in a day.

Commented on 11/12/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, Geoff. We hope you'll come out for another 45 soon!

Nice Track

It’s a good track. Plays tough from the back tees especially if you get a windy day. It had the normal late summer early fall work being done. Some over seed and recently punched greens. However, the pace of play was horrible. 2:45 to play 9 holes just doesn’t work for me. No marshal on the course and the group holding up everyone had 2 open holes ahead of them judging by what we could see. Left after 9 holes.

Commented on 10/16/2019

We're sorry to hear pace of play was such an issue, Sctyboy. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Pace of play

Course conditions were ok but it appeared they were doing the normal so cal overseeding and punching. Layout is fun and and has some very challenging holes. Pace of play was a disaster and walked off after a 2 hour and 40 minute front nine.

Commented on 10/13/2019

We appreciate you leaving us a review, we're sorry to hear pace of play was such a concern. If you'd like to speak with someone in the Pro Shop about your experience, please give us a call at (951) 302-3850. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Commented on 10/13/2019

Played Friday mid morning not Saturday. Last week I played tijeras creek, industry hills the babe course, and redhawk. I play a lot of different places often and weekday 5 hour rounds are painful and should never happen. As far as conditions go the course was fair compared to others I played this month.

Commented on 10/13/2019

I don't get this review normal maintenance being done course was good place under 5 hours on a Saturday. You give one star. Where do normally play this time of year, I want to play there it must be the most perfect course in southern California.

Redhawk golf course

Nice course great views clean air nice cool breeze

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we hope you'll come see us again soon!

Challenging, but fair golf course.

From 4- level greens to water on 8 of the 18 holes to strategically placed bunkers, Redhawk rewards good shot placement and nips at sloppy golf. Fairly wide fairways that are not placed side-by-side keep you moving on this course which wonderfully showcases the desert it is carved from. Homes abut the course, but do not encroach upon it.

Commented on 10/09/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Redhawk. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.