A view of the 2nd green surrounded by water at Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Formerly known as the University Club, Cobblestone Park Golf Course may have changed names but it still offers one of the best courses in the Midlands. There are a total of 27 holes, which are divided into three distinct nines. The holes stretch across more than 240 acres of rolling hills. The Black nine is the longest of the three and naturally the most challenging as well. A variety of elevation changes come into play, ranging from subtle to dramatic. The golf course even features some of the highest points in Richland County, providing scenic views throughout your round. There are strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout and mature oaks and pines lining the fairways but the challenges are balanced by wide landing areas that are nice and inviting.

Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995) CE Golf Design

Clubs No

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes. For members only.
Dress code No blue jeans, cut off shorts/collarless shirts. Gentlemen are asked to keep all shirts tucked in at all times.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

My favorite course of the many I have played in SC. Difficult course with a lot of different elevations. Deserves a full five star rating. However, it was wet when we played due to recent rain and the course was cart path only.

Got to the course they met us with carts in the parking lot putting our bags on the carts gave us 2 carts for 2 people due to covid which was great and at no extra charge course was in excellent condition and enjoyed the round friendly staff and great layout

Great layout wide fairways and receptive greens. I'll definitely be back.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review! We're glad you enjoyed your round and we hope to see you again soon. We appreciate you choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

The greens were a bit slower than usual for the stone.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi msmothers, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5 stars. We aim for a great golf experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club and come back soon!

Always a great time

Course was great and staff always friendly. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. Keep up the great work.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you for your 5-star feedback & recommendation, steve3625698! We're so you enjoyed your round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi Van6122083, thanks for the 5-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi MTFitz5, thank you so much for the 5-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Overpriced, but good course

I’ve grown up in Columbia and have heard a lot about cobblestone, my expectations were high and I was disappointed with the service. Waited in the pro shop for 15 minutes to check in while the only other two guys in The pro shop (one behind the desk right in front of me) had a conversation. I’ve never felt more invisible. Just sitting on the other side of the desk while two guys carried they’re convo on for 15 minutes. Grass clippings were not scooped from the fairway. Wouldn’t say this course is worth $65

Commented on 08/31/2020

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback uscgolfnut, however, we truly apologize for any poor customer experience on behalf of our staff. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. We will make note for necessary improvements and hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a better round soon.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thanks for your 5-star review, u314160381001! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round, and we appreciate you choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Great layout, recently aerated greens

Full disclosure, they did notify me of an aeration alert before booking. I’ve never seen such a thick topcoat of sand after a green being aerated. So it wasn’t really worth even putting. I also played early so the dew mixed with the sand probably made it worse. That said, super fun course layout. I played from the championship tees and that made every par 5 unreachable and most par 3s over 180. I really enjoyed the challenge. I’d love to play again with normal greens. Seems weird to punch them in late June.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Hi cmathe10, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused by our recent aerification during your round. Our team works hard to keep the course up to par, but we appreciate your understanding of our necessary maintenance. Your feedback has been shared with our team for any future improvements, but we're glad to hear you still enjoyed the day with us! We hope we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, JOHN7628305! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Great Course to Play

You will love the greens if you like fast greens. The pace of play was no problem. Beautiful scenery, I just wish it was closer to my home. I had to travel a little over an hour but it was well worth the trip. I am planning my next time now. It helps if you are Gamecock.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us and make the trip to play our course, JOHN7628305. Your review is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cobblestone Park Golf Club thanks you!

Great course !

Played the course last week and it was in excellent condition. Great layout conditions could not have been better.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, dkeel1955! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, u314159861534! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Beautiful!!!

I doubt if you will see this course in better shape than right now! Everything is picture green. Fairways and greens are flawless! Must Play!

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on the course, jongor! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Another Dye Gem!!

This is a absolute must for golfers. With spacious views, blind shots, Island greens, and mind bending shot choices, P.B Dye has his fathers footprints all over these 27 challenging holes. It’s a shame this course is 2 hours from my home or I would play it every day!

Commented on 03/27/2020

Hello, Benji. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Cobblestone Park Golf Club!

#Golf
#NineteenthHole
#drivechipandputt
#BeautifulGolfCourses

Commented on 01/27/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Brian. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round @CobblestoneParkGolfClub!

#Golf
#GolfLife
#letsglow
#GolfTravel
#GolfFriends
#drivechipandputt
#BeautifulGolfCourses

Mike

This is not what I'm used to love the elevated par 3s nice layout greens and fairways are in excellent shape .

Valid dates: Jan 01, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020