Year Built 1992
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1992) Roger Rulewich (1992) Roger Rulewich (2005)

Carts Yes - $20

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

Clubhouse

Playing Multiple Courses 13
Group Getaways 9

Exceptional Course

Beautiful setting for a course. The elevated greens make for a challenge. The fairways and greens were in excellent shape.

Afternoon

Atv damage to 9 green. Course and sand traps in good shape. Glad I used Golf Now deal. Not worth $100. I've played courses for $30 just as good as RTJ. Sad their prices are so high.

should not have let us out

played an afternoon round but we were not able to finish. like much of the south a lot of rain made the course unplayable. i am not adverse to cart path only but the course was muddy/mucky everywhere except the greens. getting to every shot required slogging thru mud. course should have re-booked us knowing the course condition. our group played the Ridge,Timberline and ross bridge courses on our outing and we did not have the muck/mud that we encountered here. wonderful layout atrocious condition

Alabama Advisor

Enjoyable course

First time playing the Valley course, and it was our first of two rounds for the day. The first tee box view is picturesque and began an enjoyable round. I won't list all the positives except to say I will definitely be returning to play again. There were two fairly significant negatives to our round. First, we played the 7:40am tee time and didn't come to a swept green until 14; I would have thought logically the crew would clear the dew from #1 and work their way through. Second, the fringes were being reseeded; this wasn't noted on the maintenance schedule, and although it minimally affected play it was still a bother considering we drove 3.5 hours to play the site. However, those issues aside, I will be looking forward to my next opportunity to play the course. We did note several of the fairways had what first appeared to be mole destruction but we then thought it could be deer pawing about. Regardless, it must be a nightmare for the grounds crew to deal with.

extremes of good and bad

we played both the valley and ridge course. it was our first time playing both the ridge course is more picturesque and has more elevation changes. that made the course harder to select the right yardage, even with a sloped range finder. the ridge had mostly elevated greens so you had better land it on or back as anything below the hole had a sever penalty of rolling off the green and down a steep embankment. the starter on both days was very friendly and gave us great course management advice. one gentleman in the pro shop was great as well. the bad was Cheryl in the pro shop. she was not really friendly and acted like we were doing her a favor by playing there. i would not have put her in a customer facing position. the food at the turn was good and reasonably priced (sandwich and drink for $8. Pro shop had a good variety of merchandise and was reasonably priced.

the valley course was good as well, and more of a traditional layout. Greens on both courses were in good shape and rolled true/consistent. cart concessions came through frequently and was friendly.

i would play both courses again despite the person in the pro shop.

Great RTJ course

Fun round. Excellent staff as always. Greens played well.

Georgia Advisor

Valley Courses - Great Course, Very Challenging

This was my first time playing the Valley Course at Oxmoor Valley. I had a great time and really liked The Valley course.
The course layout is great and lots of fun with many unique holes to make for an interesting and never boring round of golf.
The course was in excellent condition (greens, fairways, tee boxes, bunkers, etc.)
The biggest drawback of the course are the MANY non-repaired ball and pitch marks all over the greens. I cant believe a person leaves a large ball mark (very easy to see because there were MANY on every single green) and just leaves and does nor repaid a large ball mark on the green.
I paid the twilight rate and would HIGHLY recommend this course at that price. Great value for the price with the twilight rate.
I would highly recommend The Valley course.

Nice but not nice enough.

Guys at the bag drop A+. Young lady at front dest not so much. D. Starter A+. Course in great shape but I didn’t quite like the layout. I didn’t play my best, and I wasn’t feeling well. I played 15 holes and left because I felt terrible, but given the chance I probably wouldn’t care about playing the last three. Many people may like playing this course, I didn’t. Sorry.

Not up to par with other RTJ courses

$100 to play and they hit you for an additional $3-5 for range balls. Come on! When you pay $100 to play golf you should get range balls. Course shape was average...greens and fairways were nice but the areas surrounding the greens were not in great shape. Greens are very tricked up with huge amounts of undulation. On 18 of the Valley my partner had a 15 foot uphill putt….he got it all the way to the hole and it rolled back at him. Stupid! On two other occasions playing partners putted the ball past the hole where it continued to roll off the green and down the hill about 40 yards into long rough. Every single green was like putting on a roller coaster...and 2 putting from outside 15 feet was a huge challenge.

It was a beautiful sunny day and the parking lot was full of cars yet I saw the beverage cart one time. When I asked the ranger about it he said he would see what he could do...but nothing happened.

Big beautiful clubhouse but very limited in the restaurant/bar department. They close the kitchen at 4pm!!!! I guess they don't like people coming in after a round to have some drinks and eat a meal. Some of the players in my group did not get done before 4pm and as a result all 8 people in my group left and went to drink and eat somewhere else. The bartender (who said she was a manager) was very unfriendly and even a bit confrontational when we were puzzled as to why the kitchen would be closed. They probably lost at least $2-300 dollars from our group alone by closing the kitchen at 4pm..

I have played Ross Bridge as well as all 3 courses at Capitol Hill and loved them. This one was below par for the trail and I would not go back.

Challenging course with wind and hills

On spring break golf vacation with my son. Beautiful course and nice individuals providing quality service. Biggest difficulty was the significant change in elevations and wind. Fairways and greens were nice, rough and areas around the green were in spring season condition. Overall, tough course to play after winter layoff.

Bring a fore caddie

I was very disappointed in this course as I've played othe rtj s courses that I loved.
Where to start
The lady checking me and in was not trained and couldn't answer simple questions
The starter didn't let me tee off at my tee time because the players they paired me with didn't show up.
As a result he let 5 foursomes who already played 18 go out in front of me and made me follow them for a 5 hour round.
The course was wide open at my tee time.
Bad course management.
The course is extremely difficult with many blind shots and lots of slopes,traps ,water,woods etc,therefore a gore caddie is needed. Otherwise you will lose lots of balls.
The course does not drain well with lots of wet areas( I was lucky to get 5 inches of roll on my drives which made it impossible for me to reach any greens in regulation)
There was not one friendly hole on the course and it is really designed for scratch golfers. Everyone else will find extreme trouble on every hole.
Cart to tee box and cart to green is a long way and hilly.
It is not for a player who cannot climb hills or you will never finish 18 holes.
Green are well protected so a perfect shot is required to reach the green.
An example is a 140 yard approach shot i hit at the flag which checked up,stopped and rolled left as the green sloped and went down off the green into a 30 foot ravine.
That is the type of frustration the course holds and I won't be back.
Wasn't a fun day.

Wet course

The short course but it was very wet and slippery walking.

Keeps me coming back

I play this whenever I’m visiting my daughter in BHM. Challenging, peaceful and lightening fast greens. Grady- the starter is great. Clubhouse staff is very friendly and accommodating. I wish I played slower because the setting is beautiful. Can’t wait to come back and play again.

Fun course

I’ve played both courses many times. Both are always is good condition and playable. Challenging second shots on most holes make it fun for skilled players. If you are not as skilled tee it forward

to much money

I did not care a whole lot for this course. I think it is over priced.It shouldn't be more than maybe $40. I guess your paying for the name Robert Trent Jones.I wont play that course again. It is not worth the 5 and a half hr drive.

Birmingham Advisor

Ridge being renovated

The Ridge course is undergoing a minor facelift, resulting in a few cosmetic upgrades.

There is a ton of sod being layed throughout the course, mostly around greens and bunkers.

As for the bunkers, many are being overhauled through the course, rendering many GUR.

There are some cart path repairs as well, which were due.

The greens were still recovering from recent aeration, but weren’t bad - just slower than you would expect for these fall temps and bentgrass this time of year.

There is also some extensive tree removal being undertaken.

I would give this course a month and it should be back to somewhat normal playing conditions. Valley course may be a better option in the short term.

Below Expectations

Course conditions were certainly no pristine - lots of rough spots and areas that need work. After playing Highland Oaks on Dothan (excellent) we were disappointed with the condotions and pace of play here.

Not Ross Bridge

Hoping for more outstanding golf and was disappointed. Oxmoor Valley does not compare to Ross Bridge in every category.

Valid dates: Sep 01, 2020 - Feb 28, 2021