2.3
2.4
2.1

Tustin Ranch Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1989)

Caddies Yes

Fairways are dry, rough is dry, only thing going for it was the greens. Hard as a rock. Do not pay 100+ dollars to play here. Marshall also did not speed up play as our round took over 4 1/2 hours.

Overseed

This course overseeded 3 days prior and I was not told about it nor was it on this app alerting me prior to them taking our money. They charged us $110 for the round and people that did not book on golf now $92. The guy in the pro shop didn't seem to think that was an issue. I would not spend the money for this course, it is grossly overpriced.

Dog Poop

So much dog poop around putting greens. How could they not keep this clean?

Beware.

Local Gem

I live in the neighborhood and pay for the “monthly” membership. That brings the green fees down such that playing as little as twice a month is a great value. Course is challenging enough and maintained fairly well. Can get slow in the afternoons. Some of the multitiered greens are a bit gimmicky. Overall a bit of a hidden gem in the middle of Orange County.

Great green, sand is good, fun track! I only play during the week. I can imagine weekends can be crazy. Friendly staff and always a refreshment cart on front and back. Countru club feel. I play all over so cal and have several club memberships. Look into TR'S forreak value!

American Golf Ripoff

I recently played Tustin Ranch for my first time this week. Wow was I surprised For the cost i expected more. VERY POOR Course Conditions, Gardeners driving their equipment all over the course not caring
if someone is on the tee box or not. Let alone on the green either They Don't Know or They Don't Care.
No wonder it's 3 out of 5 stars next to Rancho San Joaquin. Both are run by American Golf.
Very disappointed , The fairways are dirt patch, on the green the previous hole changes are mostly dead. Don't call your self a "First Class Golf Course"
Low Class Golf Course , run by a company that cares more about money than anything else.

Sanyo has a great loss of face with this property and they deserve it ! it's an embarrassment
I will Never Golf There Again !

Cancelled membership

Third round in a row that was well over 5 hours. Second time offered a rain check but it's just not worth it. This time the excuse was they had a tournament. Scramble tournaments are supposed to speed up play. The cost coupled with the now lack of enjoyment at the course at this time one that will be removed from our courses to play locally.

Not worth the price

Course was in good shape. Pace was decent (although this is the first time I’ve played this course in under 5 hrs-usually it’s terrible pace). No cart girl. Wayyyy better value at several other courses (Talega, Black Gold, etc). This should not be a $165 round of golf. Maybe $95.

Super soft greens

Was looking for a nice course to play from Scottsdale AZ. I saw this course online that had GPS and was in Orange County so I took a chance. The course was green and in great condition. Nice sand traps and super soft greens. A bit pricey but you pay for what you get and I liked this course for my skill level handicap 14. I’m going to play again when I come back out.

Cow pasture

If I'm paying 195.00 for green fees you would think the course would be in pristine shape! don't let the price fool you this is place is like playing in a cow pasture. Tee boxes have no grass on them the greens have ball marks all over them and were very bumpy the fairways are very patchy with clumpy grass. Pace of play was very very slow didn't see a Marshall once in the five hours and 15 minutes it took the play, maybe I'm just spoiled with the desert courses I'm used to playing

slow play expected

groups are scheduled 0nly 8 minutes apart so its bound to be a slow round

Tustin Ranch is GREEN

Wow, Tustin Ranch did you find a secret water well? This place is green and looks fantastic for end of summer golf in SoCal. You need to give your Super a raise, because all CA public supers should come study this.

Played here 10x in past two years and this is the best I have seen it. POP was 4:15, which is a little long for me on a Wednesday but fine.

Tees boxes are the only gripe here and they are still pretty good. Some bunkers need some more sand but most are good. Green are slow but roll well. Nice to be able to get a little loose with the Driver and still be fine. Great piece of property overall. Well designed course and highly recommended in its current state.

DOG POP EVERY WHERE ON THE PUTTING RANGE!!!

There where dog pop every where in the putting range, and it smelled really bad and it was difficult to play.

Worst Value Golf in Southern CA

Probably the worst value in southern CA. It's not that the course or conditions were that terrible. It's just a really boring, "cookie cutter" OC track for way too much money. I'd be happy to play there for $50, but $145, give me a break!

California Advisor

Liked the Track

I've always heard this track was nice but overpriced, and overall agree with that assessment. The only reason I played here on this day was that I scored a great deal, $62. At this price, made it well worth the play. I liked the course, is a mature track with a nice overall ambiance. Water comes into play on several holes, and bunkers are fairly abundant, with nice soft sand in each. The conditions were fairly good, although expected them to be a little better. Few too many brown spots on the fairways, but overall acceptable. Would play again, but for not more than $75-80.

brown is the new green

after the wettest winter in years fairways and tee boxes are already turning brown and drying out bad patchy areas around some of the greens and along some areas of almost all fairways the mentality of Private course atmosphere on a Public course facility wise is becoming a thing of the past und American Golf management!

Great Conditions! Excellent Staff! Birthday Golf -- FREE

To the staff and GM of Tustin Ranch Golf Club -- Bravo! You run a pretty tight ship there, attentive and informed staff, good communication, and friendly.
Originally posted on Greenskeeper

Played here today in honor of my good friend. This course drips of superior customer service and golf conditions are to die for.

Commercial done. Now for my review.

It's my buddy's birthday today and in honor of it, I checked out the Birthday Golf section on GK to find a suitable place to play. Came across Tustin Ranch and read a few of the reviews. OK there were two things going for it -- FREE Birthday golf and the golf course reviews. Went to the Tustin Ranch website did some additional digging to find out the requirements for FREE Birthday Golf. There are three: (1) registered on their website -- done. (2) show them an ID and viola... FREE Golf on YOUR BIRTHDAY and (3) Be a Member of their club. Since we could easily qualify for 2 out of the 3. I made the decision to call Tustin, get everything confirmed and then make sure we could all play. Easy to navigate their automated phone system and was connected to a friendly starter who took my name and a CC to reserve the time.

Day of the round we show up separately but they (the staff) kept tabs on the group so that when all parties arrived and the tee time came up we were notified and spirited to the first tee. Not bad considering I arrived a little late.

The course was crowded but we did finish in around 4.5-5 hours. Gotta say the course is immaculate. Tee Boxes were flat and well rotated. No wear/tear on these tee boxes and if there were you would really have to be nit picky. Fairways are lush. I mean hit the ball take a divot and it would feel like hitting off a nice pile carpet. Rough is thick and your ball will settle (aka disappear from sight). This happened a number of times. Sand in bunkers is a mix of white sandy beaches (nice and fluffy) and brownish hard packed -- both easy to get your club on the ball so not a problem to get out. Greens are tricky, roll true (no bounce) and fast/med. Speed started to pick up as the temperature amped up over the course of the day. Pace of play was a little slow but it's a Friday. It was packed today. And considering it was packed we did finish in around 4.5-5 hours.

Side note if we did manage to play faster I bet you I wouldn't have felt so tired after the round. There isn't a lot of shade around any of the tee boxes.

Now the golf carts are state of the art in my opinion. Seats are comfortable; not benches but good well-designed seats. The onboard computer and navigation is excellent. Run the cart into a no-go area and it shuts off and you must hit reverse until you get to an area where you are allowed. You even get CART PATH ONLY announcements. Now folks who know me know I champion charging stations for our phones on the cart. Apps today suck the living juice out of your phone lickety split. This baby had not one but TWO USB ports. Just plug in and keep that baby charged.

Bottom line folks would I play here again? It's pricey admittedly, but I feel a little excess is a good thing once in a while. This would definitely be a course I would play again. Good Luck!

3.6209882353
Anaheim, California
Newport Beach, California

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Bring your game and Make it Grand when you stay on the Stay and Play Golf package. Experience The Brute, a stunning 7,300-yard American classic or The Highlands, a picturesque landscape of scenic hills, trickling creeks and lush foliage.