Tustin Ranch Golf Club

Caddies: Yes
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"Worst Value Golf in Southern CA"

Ryan3077908's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Probably the worst value in southern CA. It's not that the course or conditions were that terrible. It's just a really boring, "cookie cutter" OC track for way too much money. I'd be happy to play there for $50, but $145, give me a break!

U000004574860's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

"Liked the Track"

hacksalot03's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

I've always heard this track was nice but overpriced, and overall agree with that assessment. The only reason I played here on this day was that I scored a great deal, $62. At this price, made it well worth the play. I liked the course, is a mature track with a nice overall ambiance. Water comes into play on several holes, and bunkers are fairly abundant, with nice soft sand in each. The conditions were fairly good, although expected them to be a little better. Few too many brown spots on the fairways, but overall acceptable. Would play again, but for not more than $75-80.

"brown is the new green"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

after the wettest winter in years fairways and tee boxes are already turning brown and drying out bad patchy areas around some of the greens and along some areas of almost all fairways the mentality of Private course atmosphere on a Public course facility wise is becoming a thing of the past und American Golf management!

"Great Conditions! Excellent Staff! Birthday Golf -- FREE"

Ringworld's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

To the staff and GM of Tustin Ranch Golf Club -- Bravo! You run a pretty tight ship there, attentive and informed staff, good communication, and friendly.<br/> Originally posted on Greenskeeper

Played here today in honor of my good friend. This course drips of superior customer service and golf conditions are to die for.

Commercial done. Now for my review.

It's my buddy's birthday today and in honor of it, I checked out the Birthday Golf section on GK to find a suitable place to play. Came across Tustin Ranch and read a few of the reviews. OK there were two things going for it -- FREE Birthday golf and the golf course reviews. Went to the Tustin Ranch website did some additional digging to find out the requirements for FREE Birthday Golf. There are three: (1) registered on their website -- done. (2) show them an ID and viola... FREE Golf on YOUR BIRTHDAY and (3) Be a Member of their club. Since we could easily qualify for 2 out of the 3. I made the decision to call Tustin, get everything confirmed and then make sure we could all play. Easy to navigate their automated phone system and was connected to a friendly starter who took my name and a CC to reserve the time.

Day of the round we show up separately but they (the staff) kept tabs on the group so that when all parties arrived and the tee time came up we were notified and spirited to the first tee. Not bad considering I arrived a little late.

The course was crowded but we did finish in around 4.5-5 hours. Gotta say the course is immaculate. Tee Boxes were flat and well rotated. No wear/tear on these tee boxes and if there were you would really have to be nit picky. Fairways are lush. I mean hit the ball take a divot and it would feel like hitting off a nice pile carpet. Rough is thick and your ball will settle (aka disappear from sight). This happened a number of times. Sand in bunkers is a mix of white sandy beaches (nice and fluffy) and brownish hard packed -- both easy to get your club on the ball so not a problem to get out. Greens are tricky, roll true (no bounce) and fast/med. Speed started to pick up as the temperature amped up over the course of the day. Pace of play was a little slow but it's a Friday. It was packed today. And considering it was packed we did finish in around 4.5-5 hours.

Side note if we did manage to play faster I bet you I wouldn't have felt so tired after the round. There isn't a lot of shade around any of the tee boxes.

Now the golf carts are state of the art in my opinion. Seats are comfortable; not benches but good well-designed seats. The onboard computer and navigation is excellent. Run the cart into a no-go area and it shuts off and you must hit reverse until you get to an area where you are allowed. You even get CART PATH ONLY announcements. Now folks who know me know I champion charging stations for our phones on the cart. Apps today suck the living juice out of your phone lickety split. This baby had not one but TWO USB ports. Just plug in and keep that baby charged.

Bottom line folks would I play here again? It's pricey admittedly, but I feel a little excess is a good thing once in a while. This would definitely be a course I would play again. Good Luck!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent