Stonebridge Golf Club

Year Built 1972
Architect George Cobb

Golf School Academy Yes - "Stonebridge Golf School"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Single Allowed No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Tennessee (2019 #20)

Nice Course

Enjoyed the round. Definitely need to select the right club off the tee. Challenging but fair off the blue tees at almost 6300yds. Lots of trees with some water. You need to know how to read bermuda greens. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I recommend this golf course. Bring your “A” game.

Commented on 05/26/2020

We're glad you enjoyed the challenge Stonebridge Golf Club has to offer!

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Michael9520491. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Stonebridge Golf Course thanks you!

Great Place to Play Golf

I frequent this course. Due to certain government restrictions, you can't go inside. The course personnel meet you at the door and hand you your cart key. Make note all reservations need to be made in advance.
There are plenty of carts available to "social distance" while playing golf.
The course is in great shape, the pace of play was real nice. Everyone we came in contact with today was very nice.
I'll be back soon.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad our precautions made your round of golf feel safe and enjoyable. We look forward to having you back soon!

What a shame

I’ve played SB many times over last 5 years. I like the layout and it was my go-to course in wet conditions. Sad to see it has really deteriorated since last Spring. The comments about the bunkers, fairways, and green conditions are accurate.

Commented on 05/12/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and we do hope you'll give us another shot soon.

Worst Shape in 20 Years

How the mighty have fallen. Once, the premiere course in this area. Now, I wouldn’t let my goats graze on the course. The greens used to be in the best shape In the county everyday. Now, you are just as likely to make one with a 9 iron as your putter. Maybe they should run a bring your own lawnmower special. It’s going to take a miracle to get me back to Stonebridge.

Enjoyed the round

Been a while since I've played here and overall the course has held up. Playable.
The greens and fairways were in good shape. Cart paths and tee boxes were not in great shape

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for the 4-star review! We're glad you have you back!

Wow, just wow

Unbelievable they even call this a golf course. They should be embarrassed and obviously the superintendent has no pride in his work. Saying they are going bankrupt, can’t afford to cut grass and no money to hire anyone. Check out the photos.

Poor Management

I have played this course for 25 years and have never been treated the way we were today. The General Manager acting as a Marshall told us we were slowing play when there was a group on the green in front of us.

We left after play 6 holes and will never go back

Good Course, good value.

Course wasn't in pristine shape coming out of the winter, but wasn't in horrible shape. There was no sand in the bunker, which did make playing out of the bunkers challenging. Staff was friendly upon arrival. Maintenance of the course is required, but overall experience was good.

Commented on 05/15/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your golfing experience as the quality of our course staff here at Stonebridge Golf Club!

Not what it was last spring

Very disappointing shape of the course from last Spring/Summer.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We hope to see you again soon.

WOW!? REALLY!?

Let me preface this review by stating I live next to the course. I have played here many time before. But after my last two encounters that is going to change. COVID OR NO COVID! The course is not in good condition for the start of a season. If you are going to charge a full rate have a full course. People are dying to work right now but there is NO SAND IN THE BUNKERS! TREES DOWN ALL OVER THE COURSE! UNMOWED/UNKEMPT TEE BOXES! Let’s not talk about the rough/weed factory an every single hole on the course!
But the one that got and the reason I will probably never promote this course again is that I was informed that I can’t play golf with my children at this course who are under the age of 10yo! I have had them on the course before and never had an issue. But was informed this morning that the policy has been changed since August. I CANT FIND IT ON THE WEBSITE! When I asked if it was in reference to the virus I was told NO!
YOU HAVE FAILED! I HOPE YOU DON’T TURN AWAY THE NEXT TIGER, RORY, OR PHIL AT THE AGE OF SIX. HOW DARE YOU KILL A WEEKEND OUTING WITH FATHER AND SON!!!!! I ASSURE YOU THAT MYSELF AND MY BUDDIES WITH KIDS WILL NOT BE BACK!

Unbelievably bad

Thought I’d give this course another try since I live in the area. I could not believe the poor condition the course is in. I don’t think it will be open much longer. I was told they don’t have the money to cut the grass. Find that hard to believe when the superintendent is on a salary. Guess he’s too lazy to get on the mower. They are charging 10.00 more during the week then the other courses in the area and and the weekends as well. And the course looks worse than my yard. Even before they put the new greens in, everything else was maintained. They aren’t doing anything at all now.

Bad Business

Called on a Monday and BOOKED Tee times for Sunday for 8 golfers. Gentleman on the phone confirms my time for Sunday. Show up on Sunday and we’re told we have no tee time. It was scheduled for Saturday and we didn’t show up. It was not our error. Sunday sounds nothing like Saturday on the phone. The gentleman didn’t attempt to fix the error on their behalf at all. Even tells me I made the mistake. Wow! We have two guys traveling over an hour to play this course. Our group will never play this course again.

WE PLAY THIS COURSE SEVERAL TIMES! 5 times in last two weeks...

COVID 19. Changes everything

This is a challenging yet fair course. I’ve played it several times over the years and it’s in the worst condition I’ve ever seen it. Weeds, over growth and all around neglect. I’m used to good visuals at stone bridge and today wasn’t the case. Still love the course. My hope is it will be better my next time out.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you for your great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer.

Greens need work

I normally always enjoy stonebridge as it has one of the best layouts in town. I know it is barely spring but course conditions were rough. Fairways are full of weeds and bunkers are unplayable. Greens look like they forgot some weed prevention spray, some looked like a mini garden. I have heard the course is under new management and hope this is something they are working on. All it needs is some TLC.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future.

Don’t waste your money

Most poorly managed and maintained course in Shelby County, possibly West Tennessee. Pins are only moved once a month. No sand in the traps. They haven’t been filled since last June. Weeds on the greens. No maintenance has been done in about 4 months. Their staff isn’t friendly and the management has no customer service relations. He thinks it’s either his way or the highway. He will tell you he doesn’t care if you ever play there again or not. Their snack bar is always understaffed. And there are many times they will close when they shouldn’t be, or even close early so you can’t play.

Commented on 03/05/2020

We appreciate you rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stonebridge Golf Course!

Always Love This Course

This course has so much character. Every hole has its own challenges and even during my winter round today the course was in great condition. The staff was friendly and greeted me when I arrived and we had a great day there. The only thing not friendly about this course is how hard Hole 6 is (It always gets me!). Kidding aside I've been playing at this course for a long time and its always a fun day when this is where we decide to play.

Not worth it

This is the most poorly managed and maintained course in the area. You never know when they will be open. You never know when the food and beverage is open. The sand traps are all mud and haven’t been maintained in years. The leaves got blown off the course, but not mulched, so you still can’t find your ball in the rough, and on some holes, not even in the fairway. They seldom move the pins or tee boxes. The greens are never rolled. Only good thing is you pay a winter rate. They have a new GM who knows nothing about golf or dealing with the public. And the superintendent or his crew are never working on the golf course.

Bartlett, Tennessee