Type Public/Resort
Cimarron Golf Resort - Boulder Course

Year Built 2000
Architect John Fought

God Bless the Staff

During this "Virus" outbreak.....having the ability to get out to a Course and play golf was the highlight of my day and WEEK. The Staff was working diligently to ensure our safety by wiping off the carts and staying at the required distance. The opportunity to be in an open air environment and playing the sport I love was appreciated and won't be forgotten.

Recovered from the floods of 2019

This course has bounced back from a washout to better condition than it was in prior years. Greens are smooth and fast, fairways are in good shape and bunkers have sand and are playable. It is a relatively economical course in good condition with friendly staff.

Fast round

We were second group off and played in easily less than 3.45 minutes. Not much interaction with staff, nor did we use any of the other course amenities. Course was in good shape and fairly straight forward to play. Great views of the mountain range. Some traps were either poorly raked by the only group in front of us or just poor grounds crew work. I would play again for the price and for the speedy play

great city course

This course was very busy and had golfers on our butt the whole time, but never pressured as we had groups ahead. Typical city style course with holes back to back to each other. The staff was courteous and friendly and we did have a great time.

The dents

The play was too slow, we waited on every hole, we gave up after 13 holes

Carts and staff

In short, cart quit toward the end of the round. Completely dead by 18. Couple we played with pushed us close to cart return where they could see us. We were ignored by staff until we were leaving dead cart with our clubs. When staff came by to help, I complained about the situation. They said it happens all the time and if I didn't like it, I should spend more and go to a good course. I thought this was supposed to be a good course. I was wrong.

Cimarron, great job!

I only picked this place because I’m not into paying a ton of $ to play. Call me frugal or cheap.

Played with my wife, who stinks at golf but she can drive, chip, putt enough to enjoy it. I read that this course would be more forgiving too - so it sounded perfect.

It was!

The day before we just walked onto (snuck really) a pricey well known golf legend course to putt, chip, and hit range balls. You know, for free. Because again, I’m cheap. Plus golf practice should always be free. Just serve drinks to compensate.

Guess what? Same beautiful greens, grass, sand, etc as Cimarron. So why bother playing there? For $169??????

Let’s say you’re like me. Cheap. Smart. Love golf. Live in LA where you play the same course over and over for $40-$50 bucks, with ok conditions in general on greens, fairways,........ typical municipal courses. For a tiny bit more........ absolutely beautiful Cimarron Boulder Course is spectacular. You get the same views as the $169 course too. Beautiful mountains surround you.

They also have a par 3 course. AND BOY DO THEY UNDER SELL THIS ASPECT at Cimarron. Hello all you fake studs of the tremendous over swing and constant lost balls crowd who probably hear “ par 3 course” and get all puffy chested in rejecting the idea of ever playing that “ladies and old dudes” course. The Pebble course is extremely tough, really challenging, and will kick your booty. I got so mad at some of those holes ( not knowing what I was hitting to on my first experience there) I will be going back soon to do that again. Extremely challenging course with tough tough tough breaking undulating greens.

I shot an 81 on Boulder. I only had 5 pars and one birdie on Pebble. Triple bogey on a hole that was “8” rated on the card. Uhhhhh, it should be #1.

In summary, Cimarron, really great. Go!

The course was in great shape and the views are incredible!

Cimarron !

Very nice course, extremely well kept. Excellent greens. I had the thrill of playing in crazy wind. Not fun but stuck it out. I don’t think that wind had anything to do with our slow round though.

Public courses, nice resort courses............ nobody ever gives every group a reminder about “ just because you paid don’t mean you can take all day” advice. Guys who can’t hit a ball at all......... the 50 yard drive crowd...........oy vey.

Overall, very nice golf course for sure.

Great value

Great $ for afternoon TT
But slow play
Needs separation on TT
Played front twice to get 18 holes completed

Great condition, fair test of golf.

Very straightforward design, but well placed bunkering and elevated greens ensure it's not easy. Restaurant is very good with very appealing happy hour pricing on weekdays. Really nice losening up round, or rediscovering your swing round. Worth the effort.

It is nice Course, BUT...

They have a serious shortage of carts. It seems they don’t have enough chargers even if they got more carts. They need to fix this problem. Not fun Carrying your bag 200 yards to reach the driving range without a cart. Could only get a cart about 15 minutes before the round. Staff Seems very lazy and In caring. I had to do everything from cart myself up, to picking balls out of a bucket for the driving range. They just pointed towards the bucket And says and says get your balls. They definitely never heard of a resort style of treatment.

Good way to start.

I'm from MN so my clubs have been gathering dust for a few months so I glad to see a course with generous landing areas and few long forced carries to start my 2020 golf year. Course was very busy but we teed off on time. Pace of play was 4:20. Conditions were excellent tee-to-green. Greens are large, in great shape and rolled at a good pace (not fast but not slow). Would definitely play again.

May need more golf carts

Enjoyed the course, but staff could not load bags onto cart until about 5 minutes before reserved time (about 15-20 minutes beer actual start time) as the Boulder Course was running a bit behind. This means you carry your bag or selected clubs to the driving range to warm up. Carry the bucket of range balls as well— the dispenser is near club house, not driving range. Staff was friendly. Conditions were good. Plenty of sand..No water hazards.

3.6712058824

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.