Eagle Vines Golf Club

Eagle Vines Vineyards & Golf Club is tucked away in the foothills of Napa Valley, offering one of the most scenic courses in the area. It is also considered by many locals to be one of the most challenging. Every hole on the golf course provides stunning views of the surrounding vineyards. The layout sprawls across gently rolling hills that weave through stands of mature cherry and oak trees, shimmering waterfalls, and meandering creeks. The golf course offers challenging multi-tiered greens and postage-stamp landing areas that demand well placed iron shots. The memorable seventh hole features an even more difficult island green. There are also some tricky fairways that seem much more open than they are. Eagle Vines numerous risk-reward opportunities that will have golfers using every club in their bag.
Eagle Vines Golf Club.
Scorecard for Eagle Vines Golf Club
Black M: 75.1/136 573 200 394 472 211 598 392 455 509 3804 499 528 361 447 165 396 198 454 445 3493 7297
Blue M: 73.4/131 535 178 375 448 182 565 373 434 480 3570 465 510 338 417 166 376 185 432 420 3309 6879
Member M: 72.1/129 535 178 394 427 182 565 373 395 480 3529 423 510 361 361 166 376 185 371 388 3141 6670
White M: 71.0/125 W: 76.7/133 511 161 337 427 151 536 354 395 449 3321 423 491 326 361 150 370 170 371 388 3050 6371
Gold M: 68.9/121 W: 74.1/129 499 135 309 375 146 442 344 355 443 3048 378 477 319 342 139 336 160 342 381 2874 5922
Red M: 67.5/118 W: 72.1/126 480 128 306 371 116 438 295 351 395 2880 371 471 305 333 108 282 144 339 354 2707 5587

Year Built 2004

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Course Play

Course was good for the pricing. would like to play it again in summer conditions as I can see the greens would be fast and true.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/05/2018:
Thank you for playing Eagle Vines and rating the course 4-stars!
Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!
Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Good value

I was in Napa and wanted to golf. I found this course and it was a very good course. The price was awesome. I played the member tees at a little over 6600 yds. The greens were punched somewhat recently but the greens rolled relatively true. The greens were slow but that was due to a lot of rain the night before. There is a beautiful par 3 - big elevation change. Stunning views. There were a couple of holes that required you to know how to play them through experience. Generally speaking the course is right there in front of you. I recommend the course to anyone passing through.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
We're happy to hear you picked Eagle Vines for your round in Napa!

Eagle Vines - my review.

I always enjoy playing this course but it is beginning to show signs of wear - the bunker sand is either heavily compacted or the bunkers are in need of re-sanding.

Not sure why the course is starting on hole #9 instead of #1.

The greens were recently aerated , which means that you’re putting on a pretty uneven surface on every green.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
Thank you for playing Eagle Vines and rating the course 4-stars!

Going To Be Eagles Far From It

This course used to be good for the money. They still charge the money for a great course poorly managed.

If anyone has said the counter golf staff is a bit awkward they might have something there. They must think they don’t need us there.

The course is recently aerated and no warning of that thanks again. Can I have my money back? Still love hitting the ball out there .

This time , This would have been a one star review , but the restaurant saved them today.

Quick service and good food, they are not busy so it’s fair. An amazing view of the course from there as well. Restaurant staff is good.

I always like golfing here so shake it up a bit with friendliness. We will be back regardless because it’s a good track . It’s a bit rough right now though...

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the restaurant. See you soon!

Not so good !!!!

The greens were recently punched and sanded and I wasn't notified nor did the desk man tell us when we checked in. The traps are terrible. The sand was like concrete and in need of a lot of attention. Why is it that every course I play the traps are terrible. The sand needs to be turned frequently and sand added at least a couple of times a year. The course is watered nightly including the traps.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
We're sorry to hear you were not notified of course conditions before your round. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

This course is two features short of being a even being a better course.

It needs sand in the bunker's. It is in dire need of a driving range that you can hit a Driver on, instead of Irons only. To call this area they give you, to hit balls on, a driving range is a bit of a stretch, especially when your first club off the tee is a Driver. Fixing these two things would make this an even better course than it already is.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 12/03/2018:
Your feedback on course amenities is greatly appreciated!
Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/31/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Great day for golf

Slow play caused by a scramble and no marshal.

The course is in great condition, except for the traps which have very little sand and are usually wet.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/29/2018:
Thank you for playing Eagle Vines and rating the course 4-stars!
Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!
Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!

Great Round but check in was rough

I know sometimes staff can be overwhelmed but this morning check in was rude, curt and not very pleasant.

I walked in, went to the counter and was greeted by “what’s your tee time” i replied, “ insert your card”. Ok done. Sign for a cart, I asked which one should I take? “There outside”.

I forgot my towel, picked one off the rack and went to pay. “ I’m on the phone, wait”. Promptly put it back and went out and tee’d off.

I play here 2-3 times a month.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Eagle Vines and rating the course 4-stars! We're sorry to hear about your experience in the pro shop. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Disappointed

I was treated different because I booked with Golf now. Was told they don’t see any of my revenue from golf now so I couldn’t get a rain check on my round. It was so incredibly slow that I wanted to leave. Overall very disappointed because it was a beautiful course

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/17/2018:
We're sorry to hear about your experience with the pace of play on the course, but we do not give rainchecks without a weather delay. Thank you for playing Eagle Vines! Your feedback is always appreciated.

Lots of Water

Staff was very friendly!! Beautiful course with plenty of water holes and a few narrow fairways. Course was in decent shape but the sand traps were unraked and hard. Tee boxes were just OK but fairways were mostly in good shape. Greens were excellent. Strange layout as the turn is after hole #8. Three par 5's on the front nine and one par 5 of the back nine. Driving range was disappointing!! Irons only (which is fine) but there was little grass left to hit off of. This is a fun picturesque golf course and definitely worth the Senior Rate we paid. I would play here again.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 10/17/2018:
We're happy to hear you found great value with the Senior Rate. Thank you for playing Eagle Vines and sharing your 5-star experience!

Excellent course and amenities

I would recommend this course to anyone, it is a very attractive layout, course is in superb condition and is a pleasure to drive around, let alone play golf on. If I lived in Napa I would happily be a member of this club.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 09/26/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoy the excellent course and amenities. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience!

Course is very challenging and has all the length you want greens were in great shape

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 09/26/2018:
Thank you for playing Eagle Vines and rating the course 5-stars!

Beautiful course!

Beautiful course with the views of vineyards and hills. The fairways are wide, inviting and rather forgiving for new golfer or intermediate ones who played for the first time. The 14th hole with a gorgeous island green is the signature hole that if you can make it on the green from the tee shot, would make up for all the bad shots you’ve made that entire round! :)

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 09/26/2018:
We're so happy to hear you enjoyed playing Eagle Vines. Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star experience. See you soon!

Always a good experience

Course is in good shape generally. One of our favorites in the Bay Area. Good value with Golf Now deals. More interesting layout and terrain than many others in the area.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 09/26/2018:
We're happy to hear you always have a great experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your course recommendation. See you soon!

Pretty, But Slow

Greens, fairways and overall course is in great condition. Lots of water and sand to keep you on your game...

... and that’s a good thing, because it about the slowest course in the Bay Area so you have time to think about each shot.

I played on a “quiet” day and was waiting 5 mins each shot. I skipped two slow groups on the 9th (not even playing the hole) and gave up on the 16th - the general pace of play by other golfers was so slow (multiple balls, lots of practice shots, and didn’t park carts behind the green).

I let the pro-shop know and they said their was a Marshall on the course. If there was, I never saw them and they clearly didn’t educate the golfers or speed them up.

I won’t waste my time up there again.

Response from Eagle Vines Management on 09/26/2018:
Your feedback on the pace of play is greatly appreciated. We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time.
American Canyon, California