Eagle Vines Vineyards & Golf Club is tucked away in the foothills of Napa Valley, offering one of the most scenic courses in the area. It is also considered by many locals to be one of the most challenging. Every hole on the golf course provides stunning views of the surrounding vineyards. The layout sprawls across gently rolling hills that weave through stands of mature cherry and oak trees, shimmering waterfalls, and meandering creeks. The golf course offers challenging multi-tiered greens and postage-stamp landing areas that demand well placed iron shots. The memorable seventh hole features an even more difficult island green. There are also some tricky fairways that seem much more open than they are. Eagle Vines numerous risk-reward opportunities that will have golfers using every club in their bag.

Eagle Vines Golf Club.

Year Built 2004

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

NAPA GEM

While everyone knows about Silverado Golf in Napa, this course, which lies on the outskirts of Napa and easily accessible from the I-80 Freeway, is a steal for value compared to Silverado. I booked my tee team with a special rate and thoroughly enjoyed this challenging, but fair golf course. The pro shop and dining/bar area is top notch and overlooks the course. Several tee boxes for all levels of play. The course was in great shape and the view of vineyards is ever-present and closer than you dare imagine if that drive fails to go straight.

Course needs rain

It isn't tight lies when there is hard pan beneath the 1/8th inch of fairway grass. Too much super soft sand in the bunkers. Fairway bunkers embed from tee shots. Not enough good to say about what is in reality a very nice golf course. It is because of its reputation that I recommend this course.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi MartyShobe! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will make note and we hope to see you back.

Absolutely unreal

Perhaps one of the most brilliant courses I have ever played. Absolutely stunning with gorgeous views of vineyards, rolling hills, water, etc. Completely fair course with alternating wide/narrow fairways, generous greens (although green speed was somewhat inconsistent), incredibly friendly staff. Could not speak more highly of this course

Commented on 11/26/2019

Hi zaevsuskin. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Vines Golf Club!

Lack of Zinfandel was distressing

When one plays in Napa you assume wine at every hole. By gosh, this place has grapes all over so where was the wine tasting. Or box of wine in every cart?

Get it together folks. A box o f cheap white Grenache in every cart would make quite a show.

But seriously...fun course that rewards good shots. No bs, no odd blind shots. Fair play and beautiful layout.

bYOW - bring your own wine though

My 1998 silver oak cab was gone by hole two.

My hole in one was celebrated with me drinking a 2002 camus Pinot noir by myself.

Great course and friendly staff

Commented on 11/26/2019

Hi Dsanderman1. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. A box of wine in the cart seems like quite the interesting idea :) We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Vines Golf Club!

Bummed about the round

Looked forward to mixing up courses and playing out at eagle vines until it turned out like today. Pace was average and I had no plans so it being a five hour round wasn’t the end of the world. The conditions were decent and the greens had a little bump in them but very playable. Our cart died on the front 8 holes so we had to walk in, which for my dad is a big deal. After getting a ‘new’ cart we drove off to the next hole and realized this cart had a not been fully cleaned as there were used cigarettes in the compartment. After cleaning the cart on the next tee I get to 10 tee box and the black tees are possibly the worst thing I have ever seen. I had about 5 feet of space to work with before a bush was stopping my backswing and the level of the tee box was worse than I have ever seen. I’ve very disappointed as I was looking forward to playing golf at this course. Onto the next :/

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi jsalyer12. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. The experience you had is nothing like we strive to give to our golfers. We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We hope to see you again in the future.

Slow Pace in the Valley

The course plays a little weird IMO. The layout is loaded with dog legs and blind shots; which I understand some golfers love, but not me. The front nine is a little more pleasant than the back and the first hole is a picture waiting to be taken. If I had my choice I would play Chardonnay (located next door) instead. The Chardonnay course flows better and is a lot more fun.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hello, Thegr8t1. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Trash

Very disappointed. This course used to be one of the nicest courses around. Now it’s a complete dump and WAY overpriced at +$70. It’s like the fired the head grounds keeper and hired some junkie off the streets. Poorly taken care of. I wouldn’t pay $25 to play. I won’t give that trashy course another dime.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hello, Edwin. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Eagle Vines Golf Club!

Overall good condition.

Other than for the post-aeration recovery of the greens, everything was in good shape.
It looks like the aeration recovery will take a while - looks like the job was done with ‘size 19’ pluggers!

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hello, torch892. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Thanks for your patience and please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Eagle Vines Golf Club.

Challenging but fun...

Eagle Vines is one of my favorite golf courses in the Bay Area. It tests my golf skills but I find it quite enjoyable to play. We played in the early morning, i.e. we were the second group to tee off. It was cold, 38 degrees, when we teed off and it got warm and nice much later in our round.
The greens were bumpy and rough that day. Not good but still fun to play. The view at Eagle Vines was spectacular and allowed us to overlook the shortcomings of the greens. I'm looking forward to playing here again.

Commented on 11/07/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as green conditions. It is great to hear you enjoyed the course and views. Thank you for playing Eagle Vines Golf Club.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello, lfayant. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Well Maintained

Had a "Great Day" playing golf at this course. It was well maintained and I was warned of the greens being plugged before I made a tee time. You still have to hit your tee shot then irons or fairway woods or chips to get to the green, so with no more than two putts taken on any green due to the plugging of the greens I had a good time.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000001818821! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A good day

Perfect weather today and the course was in good shape. The greens had been plugged a couple of weeks ago and still hadn't grown back, but overall still enjoyed the day. Some of the tee boxes were a bit hard, but one of the things that I noticed that they were starting to put some sand in the bunkers, especially around the greens. A positive improvement. Always enjoy playing the course in wine country.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi John2787360. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Vines Golf Club.

First time - nice track

Super friendly staff...pro shop-starter-snack shack all welcomed me and were very professional and nice.

Pace if play was painful. I am not used to 5hr rounds but the groups I was caught up with were all friendly.

Did not see any marshal or anyone pacing groups. For the amount of play it would have been appropriate to have some groups under the gun.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi Dsanderman1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Vines Golf Club.

Perfect day

The course is nestled within a vineyard and in great shape with some great views. The pro shop and restaurant were properly staffed and very clean. Looking forward to playing there again.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi RGC822A80C10692F7DD6. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Vines Golf Club!

Nice course, great views. Other than irons only on the driving range, no complaints here.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you for your review, u000001818821. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Vines Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very Pleasant

It's always nice to play a course affordably due to punched greens. This is a course that I love, but is usually above my means. You should check this course out if you never have. Visiting the area? This should be a top 10 to play.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Vines Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Midday tee time - a fast paced round.

Everything was good, other than for the fact that the greens had just been aerated (really heavy plugging on the greens and a lot of sand ).
If in fact notice regarding the aeration of the greens had been posted on the booking site, I missed it.
Not a big deal - it wouldn’t have altered my decision to play the course today.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hi torch892. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Vines Golf Club.

NEW SAND IN BUNKERS

ALWAYS LIKED THE LAYOUT AND GREENS, BUT THE BUNKERS WERE BELOW AVERAGE. NOT ANYMORE. THE NEW SAND IS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND REALLY IMPROVES THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE. OUTSTANDING IMPROVEMENT.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi ad781. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Vines Golf Club!

American Canyon, California