Hawk's Landing Golf Club

• (800) 567-2623, (407) 238-8660
  • www.golfhawkslanding.com
Write Review

Year built: 1986
Architect(s): Joe Lee, Robert Cupp Jr. (1998)
Type: Resort
Greens: Diamond Zoysia Grass

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Silver (W) 72 4746 yards 68.4 117

Location is near local attractions at a resort convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch dinner

"fun course"

santavic100's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

the course was challenging but fun to play, very well kept.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in excellent condition with exception of greens had been arified. The staff explained condition prior to checking in which was a nice touch. Fairways and rough well manicured and I started at 7:30 which was perfect time. Course normally $79 per round so club was very accommodating. I will play again.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review for Hawk's Landing and the awesome 5-Star review even during our recovery period from last weeks' greens aerification.

Early morning is a great time to play to beat the summer heat. We hope you will be back again very soon and look forward to your return.

Thank you and Good Golfing!!

"Hawk’s Landing"

relackey's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018

Tight layout with water in play on several holes. Friendly staff. Bunkers need work. Greens were recovering from aeration and were frustrating to putt. Course can be pricey as it is affiliated with major convention resort. Worth the play at the right price.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking time to review Hawk's Landing and for the 4-Star rating and positive comments about our friendly team.

We will be starting a bunker renovation in early August and hope you will come back to see the new bunkers for a round of golf very soon. We also apologize about the greens recovery from our recent aerification, but it is one of those necessary evils to get air porosity in to the soil and keep them healthy and rolling smooth.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Good Golfing!!

Ryan2014040's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a 4-Star rating!! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

"Excellent Shape at a great price!"

Ohi0state1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

A buddy and I played in 3hrs on a Sunday afternoon for $35.00.

The course was in excellent condition and the greens were some of the smoothest we’ve played this year.

We will be back!

DL

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for playing and for taking the time to write a review and for awarding us a 5-Star rating. We sincerely appreciate your comments about the greens as they really do roll great.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends on another round very soon.

Good Golfing to you!!

"Challenging course with lots of water hazards."

TrekSense's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

have not played here in over a year and now I know why: if you like water hazards on just about every hole then challenge yourself at Hawk’s Landing. This is not an easy course with tight lies, undulating greens & fairways, and lots of water hazards. Course was in great conditions even if it was raining and soggy all week.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and for awarding us a 5-Star rating that we sincerely appreciate.

Our course can be a great test of golf and we hope you will take our starters advice on which tees to play based on your driver distance and playing ability, they are awesome in helping you decide.

Thank you again and Good Golfing to you until next time.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for the 5-Star rating for Hawk's Landing, we hope to see you again very soon!!

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Course was decently chlenging for me (HP 14) with water in almost all holes, nevertheless the lay out and he conditions are great for the rate I paid. I highly recommend golfers to play hawks landings.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the awesome 5-Star rating for recommending Hawk's Landing to your friends and family.

Since you live local we hope to see you more often.

Good Golfing!

"Excellent Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

Had been some time since playing Hawk's landing. Couldn't have asked for a better time, got paired with two good guys, played in 3.5 hours, greens rolled great and overall the course was in great shape. Only knock I have on the course was the fairways were extremely soft (rained all week) and a few fairways were a little spotty in places. Overall an awesome experience from start to finish.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking time to review Hawk's Landing and for awarding us a 4-Star rating. I agree the Diamond Zoysia greens are rolling great and we are happy you enjoyed them along with the guests you were paired with too!

We definitely get a little soft when the afternoon summer Thunder Boomers roll through, but our course takes water well and typically dries better than most.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon and until then, Good Golfing to you!!

"Private Course Experience with a Public Course Price"

oubrave14's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Was on vacation in Orlando last week and had no intent on playing any golf during the week. However, as I walked the grounds at the resort we were staying at I noticed on the other side of the fence line was a really nice looking golf course. I did some research and found out that it was Hawks Landing. I went on Golfnow just to check out the price to play, turned out they had a hot deal for $30 so I jumped at the opportunity to play. The cost of rentals was only $50 and for the first time ever I actually received a left handed stiff set and it was the new Taylormade M4's as well. From the moment you step into the clubhouse you are treated like a guest of the hotel or a member of the course, fantastic customer service and helpful staff. Took less than 15 minutes to check-in, get my rental clubs, and head to the practice range to hit a few balls. I showed up about 30 minutes before my tee time and about 15 til the starter asked if we were ready to get started in hopes of beating in the impending severe weather that was set to reach us in a couple hours, so we jumped at the opportunity. The fairways rolled really well, a few dark spots but mostly on higher elevated areas which is expected, greens rolled so true and weren't overly fast. Pace of play was a little slow for the first seven holes due to a tournament finishing up but after that we completed the last 11 holes in less than 2 and a half hours. Overall a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone who lives in the Orlando area or is on vacation.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our service as our team works very hard to make sure every guest feels special. We are glad you found us and were able to play Hawk's Landing on your recent visit to Orlando and look for ward to your return.

Thank you for the 4-Star rating and for taking the time to write the review, it is very much appreciated.

Good Golfing!!

"Nice Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018
First time playing Walked Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I would have liked to be able to use the practice putting green but that had a tournament. The pace of play was slow and they didn't have a ranger out there to move things along. Overall not a bad experience. If i was staying close by it would be a convenient good quality course to play. Personally for me I preferred Magnolia at Disney and Crooked Cat at Orange County National better.

Commented on 07/17/2018

Thank you playing and for your comments about Hawk's Landing. Although you may not see a Player Assistant roaming the golf course, we have the Visage GPS system on each golf cart and our team closely monitors pace of place and positions of golf cars from the golf shop, bagroom and our leadership team also have monitors so we can send messages and alerts to our guests or make visits on the golf course when necessary, but we do apologize that the pace was a little slower for you on this day.

We hope to see you again very soon and look forward to your return.

Until then, Good golfing!!

"Fun Track and Great Greens"

xgeo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Fun resort layout with wide fairways, strategic water and trap placement. Good variety of hole shapes. Very smooth greens. Some issues with soggy fairways especially #18. Entire staff was professional and nice. Parking is free but a bit of a cluster. Overall a great day of golf.

Commented on 06/29/2018

Thank you for your kind comments and for the 4-Star rating of Hawk's Landing. Your assessment of our golf course is spot on as we are a little wet right now from the multiple afternoon rain showers and the greens are rolling smooth.

We also appreciate the comments about our staff being professional, they do work very hard to make sure you have a great experience and appreciate when it is noticed by our guests.

Parking can at times be a little confusing, but we always have space for our golfers in the parking lot near the front of the hotel or we will valet park your car if needed. Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon and until then,

"A Real Gem"

Rafascott's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Had never played this course before but not sure why. Glad I found a hot deal as this is a real gem of a course. We were greeted by a friendly guy at bag drop who also helped us get parked in the dedicated car park. Arrival is a bit manic due to the Marriott Hotel business so this car parking is a big plus. Pro shop staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. This is a lovely layout with lots of water which makes for some demanding tee shots and approaches over intimidating lakes. Fairways could have been a bit better but the greens are the best we played over the last month - They are immaculate!!

This course should be on your play list and I look forward to a return visit when next in the area

Commented on 06/28/2018

Thank you for your great review, for the 4-Star rating and the great comments about the service from our outside service staff member and golf shop professional as well as our greens being the best in the area.

Our team works hard to make sure all facets of our operation are successful and we truly appreciate it when a guest takes time to share their positive experience with us and I will make sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future and until then.....Golf Brilliantly!!

"Great staff, great course."

ribeyeman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018

Easy to find. Just off of I-4, near Disney. Course was a little wet, not a problem. Green were a little slow, not a problem. Nice layout. Staff was friendly. Would love to play again.

Commented on 06/27/2018

We appreciate you taking the time to review Hawk's Landing and for giving us a 5-Star rating. Our team works hard to earn this every day and takes great pride in making sure you and all of our golfers enjoy their experience. Our greens are usually a little slower in the summer months because we do aerify them about every 6-8 weeks in an effort to reduce compaction and to remove organic matter that build up beneath the surface.

We hope you have an opportunity to play us again very soon and can return in the fall when we speed the greens up to 11' - 12' on the stimpmeter.

Golf Brilliantly!

"Good Course"

Tops12's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Played on a golf trip. Course is very challenging especially off the tee box. Fairways where good some holes where rough but probably due to rain. Greens where Excellent! The best greens we played on the trip and that was playing 5 rounds at other tracks. Being it was very Hot waiting on every hole was not good.. Could do a better job separating tee times especially in summer when it is so HOT. Recommend playing in afternoon looked empty but that is if you can avoid the Fla storms.

Commented on 06/27/2018

Thank you for your great review of Hawk's Landing and for the 4-Star rating you awarded our facility. The greens are definitely rolling nice and could be a little faster and will be once we return to the cooler fall months. Thank you for the great comment, "The best greens we played on the trip and that was playing 5 rounds at other tracks". The fairways are transitioned from the winter rye grass and are recovering nicely and should be pristine in about 2-3 weeks.

We appreciate you taking the time to review us and look forward to hosting you and your group once again in the near future.

oswaldofreitas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 06/27/2018

Thank you for the awesome 5-Star rating!! Our team is very appreciative and works very hard to make sure you enjoy your experience here at Hawk's Landing!

Golf Brilliantly!

"Nice Course"

Tops12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Very nice course. Great Shape. A lot of elevation.

Would definitely play again. Pace was good. Fairways where good got great rolls and Greens where good fun course to play.

Commented on 06/27/2018

Thank you very much for the 5-Star rating of Hawk's Landing and for the great comments about our fairways and greens. Our Golf grounds team works very hard to make sure that you and your guests enjoy your round.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future and truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Until next time, we hope you

Jiraporn7874199's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

Commented on 06/27/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Hawk's Landing and for the 4-Star rating for our team. we truly appreciate it and look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Golf Brilliantly!!

"Lovely course, lot of water"

pessy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Hawk's Landing is a course that's on the doorstop of the Orlando attractions, and as a result you'll be paying a little bit more for the priviledge. Is it worth it? The course has a lot of varied, pretty and interesting holes, the greens were as quick and smooth as any I've played recently, and if you play well then you'll really enjoy the experience. Have an off day though and you'll really see it on the scorecard.

To get the best from your round I think you'll have to choose your tees carefully. There's a lot of water in front of quite a few of the greens, and you really don't want to keep taking that approach shot with a longer club. There's lots of sand too, just in case the water doesn't get you. I'd suggest that the lower your handicap, the more suitable this course will be to you.

The clubhouse, practise facilities and pro shop are all top class, so if you can get a deal and have your A game, then you can do far worse than Hawk's Landing.

Commented on 06/23/2018

Thank you for your great comments about Hawk's Landing, the 4-Star rating. We agree with your assessment about choosing the correct tees and our fantastic Starters will assist and guide to the best tee so you enjoy the golf course and the test of skills it presents.

Thank you again our team truly appreciates you taking the time to write the review and we look forward to hosting you and your golfing buddies again in the future.

Good golfing!

"Good course"

oswaldofreitas's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

It looks like the management is working on the course. The conditions were OK, could be better.

Commented on 06/23/2018

Thank you for the 4-Star rating and I assure you we are continually working on the golf course and always look to improve. We recently replaced the greens with Diamond Zoysia grass and will be completing a bunker renovation later this summer.

The fairways are completely transitioned from our Winter Rye grass back to our 419 Bermuda and are coming back nicely.

We look forward to hosting your group for another round of golf in the near future.

Thank you!

"Never disappointed"

mizegg's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

This course has been a favorite of ours for many years... Beautiful layout and upkeep, great staff and customer care and service

Commented on 06/23/2018

Thank you for the 5-Star rating and for taking time to review Hawk's Landing Golf Club at the World Center Marriott. It means a lot to our team when our guests take time to review us and we sincerely appreciate the glowing comments about our staff and customer care as our team truly does care about our guests experience at Hawk's Landing and we are always looking for ways to improve.

We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Good golfing!