Glen Oak Golf Course

GPS: Yes

Driving range: No

Championship 72 6915 yards 73.2 127

"Good Course, Few Suggestions"

LTFF1971's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017

I enjoy playing Glen Oak quite a bit. I love the GPS on the carts. I wish they would maintain the course better. The greens are usually in good shape, but people don't fix their ball marks and the marshal doesn't drive around and fix them. Also, divots don't get replaced or filled. I enjoy they layout except for the 18th hole. It's a par 5 that you have to lay-up from the tee in front of a creek or hit a 270+ yards drive through a tight opening to clear the creek. I wish they opened it up from off the tee. The clubhouse is very big, but they don't use it to it's full potential. Most of the building is only used for banquets. The grill room is small and outdated. One TV with horrible reception, limited bar and draft beer. They really could make the clubhouse into something great for golfers and non-golfers to dine.

"Not at all worth the money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

I wish this course wasn't 2 min from my house because I would never play it. Unfortunately the convenience factor brings me back.

First there is no potable water on the course. How hard is it to put a few jugs of water out there? The cheapest munis have water on the course. If you're not going to have water on the course have a drink cart girl. I've never seen one in all the times I've played.

The one man bathrooms are disgusting. It's like a bathroom in a public park.

The halfway house usually is never open until 11ish on the weekends. The club house offers no food or snacks. So if you're an early morning player you better back a lunch with lots of water.

The starters are terrible. One round this year they held up the entire tee sheet while a group waited for their fourth to show up. We teed off 15-20 min late. The starter kept saying he had a full sheet until 1pm. Then why hold everything up?

This week we were playing with an inexperienced golfer who was very nervous on the first tee. He took two swings and misses and the starter was shouting "he has to pick up". Those two swings took about 15 seconds. The starter came over and told us he had to pick up because he had tee times every 7 minutes and the next group was waiting. I looked back and there was no one anywhere near the first tee.

The fact that they still charge $55 is a crime. The value just isn't there.

This place is really resting on it's reputation and has done nothing to improve the course over the past few years.

I wish Arrowhead and Glen Oak would switch places.

"Great course"

None's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2012

Awesome gps systems in the carts, usually in great shape, can be very slow at times but that is at all courses. One of my favorite public courses in the area