Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club

Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club sits amongst the nature preserves that reside along Choctawhatchee Bay, enjoying scenic views and a beautiful landscape. Robert C. Walker, Arnold Palmer's former lead architect, designed the course. Water comes into play throughout in the form of sparkling blue lakes and meandering streams. The most memorable use of water comes is on the challenging 16th hole. This tricky par 4 has water to the left as well as a marsh area crossing the fairway. Being so close to the water, the golf course is often subject to strong prevailing winds. Despite its many challenges, Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club is a fair challenge that players of all skill levels can enjoy, which is perhaps why it has been called one of North America's top courses by Golf Digest.
Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club
White/Gold 72 6215 yards 70.6 129
Gold/Green 72 5398 yards 66.9 118
Gold/Green (W) 72 5398 yards 72.2 122
Green (W) 72 5014 yards 70.0 118
Scorecard for Regatta Bay
Black M: 73.2/138 515 408 170 412 567 396 457 195 357 3477 403 379 483 166 342 201 430 392 525 3321 6798
White M: 71.4/134 494 389 158 390 545 371 420 171 336 3274 381 360 451 150 321 173 410 382 502 3130 6404
White/Gold M: 70.6/129 494 389 143 390 517 371 396 171 315 3186 359 360 451 150 321 173 356 382 477 3029 6215
Gold M: 69.5/121 W: 74.5/128 473 367 126 373 498 344 369 152 289 2991 336 338 430 141 296 149 330 358 454 2832 5823
Gold/Green M: 66.9/118 W: 72.2/122 473 332 126 293 453 344 332 152 289 2794 284 266 430 141 296 149 286 298 454 2604 5398
Green M: 65.1/115 W: 70.0/118 393 332 112 293 453 308 332 142 235 2600 284 266 369 111 261 139 286 298 400 2414 5014

Year Built 1996
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Robert Walker (1996)

Player friendly

Grip it and rip it !! Fun course in great location !!

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 10/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our good course conditions. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

Another fun round at Regatta!

Played as a single and paired up with some really nice guys. Always do here. Course layout is not unfair and you can score if driving straight. Greens were a little bumpy but still rolled nice enough. Bunkers and fairways in good shape but there were some dry spots but no dirt. Practice areas are nice but sod on practice tees gets jacked up pretty good. Staff always friendly and would recommend you play here when in Destin.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 10/05/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and a fun round of golf. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we hope to see you again soon! #RegattaBay
Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 10/04/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we hope to see you again soon! #RegattaBay

Rainy day at regatta

It rained on and off all day but the course was in great shape and the staff was as friendly and helpful as you could ask! Great day even with constant threat of rain between shots!

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/25/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and helpful staff. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

Regatta has long been my favorite Destin but I was a bit disappointed.

Regatta has been my favorite coastel course . The course was in decent shape but when we arrived it said on a sign that the greens were running a nine on stemp . Reality was a bouncy four . Not at all what I have come to expect at Regatta , it looked as if they were scalped with a bad greens mower.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/14/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our nice course layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!
Plays Twice a year
Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our nice course. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we look forward to welcoming you back! #RegattaBay

Great Labor Day Experience

Beautiful course with some very unique holes. Pace of play was fantastic as we finished, on a holiday, in just over three hours with two players. Clubhouse staff, starter, And cart girl all pleasant and just an overall great golf course and experience. Best course I have played so far in Destin area.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a fantastic pace of play and a great experience. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we hope to see you again soon! #RegattaBay

Great Experience

Wonderful course that I would highly recommend to all skill levels. Multiple tees make it challenging and playable at the same time for all players. Course was in wonderful condition, except the greens were just aerated. Only negative and they did discount the price to make up for the greens condition. Great layout and golf cart GPS was EXCELLENT and helped make this a fun experience.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and wonderful conditions. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay
Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and an excellent value. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

Aerated Greens and still a great time

Played first off and finished in 2 hours 10 min even waiting for the mowers! Nice course, fair tee boxes and the greens rolled nice even having been aerated recently. Staff was awesome.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our awesome staff and good course conditions. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

Superb course; Cadillac experience

Regatta Bay is even better than I remembered it from a decade ago. The course was in outstanding shape; demanding without being outrageously difficult. The fairways in particular were world class. Excellent practice facilities, a very reasonably priced breakfast, and distance screens in the carts that worked flawlessly. Highly, highly recommended.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/22/2018:
Hello, we appreciate the kind words and great review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #RegattaBay!

Beautiful course.

As a single player I was lucky enough to be paired with a local member who shared his knowledge of the course with me. That made for an even better experience on one of the most beautiful courses I've ever played. Thanks to the staff and my personal guide for a great day of golf. Hope to do it again soon.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our beautiful course and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we hope to see you again soon! #RegattaBay
Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/07/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our nice course and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

We had a wonderful time! Everyone was so friendly and the course was in perfect shape!

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/07/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and good course conditions. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we hope to see you again soon! #RegattaBay

Great course, well maintained and a good value booking through GolfNow.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/02/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions and a great value. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

Destin Vacation

Excellent golf course. The staff super friendly. The holes are very long and challenging. Greens and fairways are maintained in immaculate conditions.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and challenging course layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay

Love this layout & location

If staying in Destin, Regatta Bay is ideal

Location & solid experience. Meandering layout & well conditioned tract with a nice clubhouse, staff & amenities

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and nice layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we hope to see you again soon! #RegattaBay

Awesome course, minus the greens

I loved the course, in terms of layout, conditions, and overall amenities and friendliness of staff.

My only disappointment is the greens. They rolled fairly true, but they were not fast at all. After playing Kelly Plantation a few days prior, I was expecting similar greens (in terms of speed). Perhaps the greens had not been cut in a few days, but I was expecting much faster greens. If the greens were a bit faster, I would have rated 5 stars. Still a great course with a lot of fun shots.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/25/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our nice course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.
Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/17/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout and an excellent value. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay
Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/09/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and nice layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! #RegattaBay
Fort Walton Beach, Florida