Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club sits amongst the nature preserves that reside along Choctawhatchee Bay, enjoying scenic views and a beautiful landscape. Robert C. Walker, Arnold Palmer's former lead architect, designed the course. Water comes into play throughout in the form of sparkling blue lakes and meandering streams. The most memorable use of water comes is on the challenging 16th hole. This tricky par 4 has water to the left as well as a marsh area crossing the fairway. Being so close to the water, the golf course is often subject to strong prevailing winds. Despite its many challenges, Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club is a fair challenge that players of all skill levels can enjoy, which is perhaps why it has been called one of North America's top courses by Golf Digest.

Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club

Year Built 1996
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Robert Walker (1996)

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #22)

Beautiful course

Enjoyed our visit and overall experience. Our only concern was the greens were cut but not rolled. This provided a challenge to putting. We will be playing Regatta again.

Great Course, but greens aren’t ready yet.

Love this course and the layout is fantastic, but the greens are having a hard time recovering from their most recent aeration. Can’t wait to go back when they are rolling like I know they can.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good course

Course plays longer than on the card. Greens are rough just recently sanded. Fairways are in great shape

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hello, u432696579. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.

Great course was under a little construction but it did not affect play. Everything was great except the rental clubs. We did not pay for the premium clubs but paid for clubs that shafts were rusty. For such a great course the rental clubs were disappointing.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u306606054! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Beautiful course. Narrow fairways made it tough and the greens were hard to read.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Commented on 09/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160824999! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Great course and members

Great day of golf at a very nice course. I was scheduled to play by myself and a very kind member invited me to join him. The course was recovering from the tropical storm that came through last week, but overall conditions were better than I expected. Pace of play was excellent - finished in less than 3:30. Will definitely play here again on my next visit.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, tgettys! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Golf Outing

Everything was great ; the only complaint I would have is they don’t have enough cart girls .

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, a77qoo62mzH3Q74HBqcf! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Poor Greens

Paid $139.00 to play this course with greens in very rough condition. Will not rerun any time soon.
Jeff H

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello, u302788558. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Challenging course.

Had played a couple years ago but forgotten most holes. Course has lots of bunkers, a little water, and quite a few forced carries to make this one of the tougher courses I played while in Destin. Next time I'll know how I'll play a few holes differently.- maybe even move up one set of tees! ;)

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Flickster! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Not as good as years past.

Back nine fairways were thin and not what I had experienced here before. Front nine fairways were better but not in the condition I would expect for early September. The greens had been punched a couple of weeks ago and were bumpy and sandy. Again, not what I have experienced there previously.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello, u000007659729. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Greens

For $136.00 the staff should have told us that the greens were sanded. Or should have gave a discount rate.

Good Course, Bad Greens

I guess I just had bad timing. The greens were punched over a month ago, but still were no where near recovered. Had dead spots and sand all over the greens. Fairways were thin, but ok. The course had a good layout and nice staff, but terrible greens. If this course was in better shape I’d recommend it, but not in the shape it’s in now.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hi u314160753163. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jaredbdot724! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Good layout

This course had a good layout for all type of golfers. Fairways and greens seemed a little dried out. Staff and driving range area was nice.

Somewhat Disappointed

I have been playing Regatta Bay for years and was my favorite to play when visiting the area. However I understand green imperfection due to airyfication but the course was not at all manicured as it used to be. The couse looked like it was not being mowed and trimmed as it used to be. I was disappointed to say the least. Kelly Plantation punched the greens in the same time frame and they were perfect. There were people working everywhere at Kelly and there was noone working at Regatta. For the huge price we payed for the condition I will play Kelly twice next time and forget Regatta. Please make it what it used to be!

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello, u016955045. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello, volfandan. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.

the course has a unique and challengeable.

it is a beautiful course and I wish to have another chance to come back to this course to play again.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, goldkey007! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Semi-Private/Resort