A view from Grand Palms Golf & Country Club

Located in Pembroke Pines, picturesque Grand Palms Golf & Country Club offers three nines: Royal, Sabal and Grand. The nine-hole courses are playable in three combos, with the Sabal/Grand coming in at a 6,682 yards. Of the three, Sabal/Grand is the most helter skelter, combining the shortest and longest nines. The Grand is a tight golf course that offers a challenge for most, what with its raised greens, narrow fairways and challenging water holes. Sabal, by contrast, is a resort-style play, with a gentler game featuring generous fairways and greens.

Grand Palms Golf Resort

Fitness, Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 21
9-Hole Rounds 16

OK at best

Paid $24 for a round and thought it was a little high. Course is in OK shape. Greens rolled nice & average speed.....lots of marks on them.
Lot of the rough is regular "lawn grass".
Pace of play was great. Fake hurricane missed Florida so nobody was out there. 2 some finished in 2:10 :)

Course isn’t worth $50. For that I play Miami Beach

The course layout is pretty challenging I’ll give them that. The greens are in good shape but a lot of the fairways, tee box were atrocious. If they are going to charge that I’d rather play somewhere else. Staff is very friendly.

Sometimes you just close for half the day

Was very disappointed today in a golf course that I’ve played for many many years. Booked a hot deal so I was unable to cancel after a weekend of massive rains but hoped that when I showed up to the course it would be playable or they would do the right thing and offer the option of a rain check or voucher for another time due to the wet conditions of the course. That was never offered as when I asked how was the course they said wet but playable so we are open. By the time I reach the green on the first hole I knew the course was going to be borderline unplayable. On the first hole I was walking across the fairway (cart path only rule) and sloshing through muck and 1 to 2 inch standing water in places. . But knowing how Florida is I pushed through being optimistic until I got to the 4th hole and had standing water in the layup area of the fairway. I contacted Golf now to ask if I could get a credit since I felt the course was not meeting my expectations of playable.. They offered me a couple rebate vouchers to make up for the nonrefundable tee time since the course claimed it was playable and they could not give me a refund due to that. So I finished the 9 on the way in, loosing a ball again in the first cut of rough from the wet conditions and working around golf ball size rocks in the washed out bunkers on the one bunker I found on 8.

What really prompted me to write this review was a unique response I got from the pro shop when I told them I was leaving after just half a around. I stated I was leaving early due to the conditions and said I had standing water on 3,4 and 6 in the fairways and that if they get anymore rain they should consider shutting the day down. I really only shared this as some player feedback cause I saw a few older golfers heading out and felt bad for them. The response was, well only # 3 had standing water and I know this cause I drove the course. And he did drive the course cause I saw him drive right past me on 5. In fairness he was correct only #3 and 4 had standing water in the fairways but 6 and other holes had standing water in the first cuts and in the rough which is where the ball tends to land on such a tight course in bad conditions. I even have a picture of 5 towel size puddles on 4 in the lay up area. And I won’t even hold them accountable for multiple large dead spots on greens knowing how summer can be tough down here.

He then stated he had spoke to all the players ahead of me and none reported issue of playability. Interesting as this pro shop rep had driven right past me on the 5th Teebox and never discussed anything regarding course conditions. In fact he behaved like he wanted to avoid conversation as I was at the T-Box and he had to drive off the dart path to get by me. So either he just drove the course after GN called them and spoke to nobody and lied or chose to not speak to me to avoid engaging about the conditions which clearly were not in a playable situation for someone who is actually trying to play a round versus hack it up or just practice. I am sure some people can go out and play in those conditions and not mind, however when a player shows up they should have the option for a rain check when the course was in the condition that it was in. That option was never offered and I think they were truly unaware of the course conditions in the pro shop.

I must reinforce that at no time was anybody rude. I just felt that it was more important for them to make a $ today than preserve their reputation and course for tomorrow. And I was surprised they didn’t offer any type of future discount.

Also, they claim to have GPS however half of the carts were missing it and the other half were disconnected.

Grand Palms Royal/Sabal Course

The course was in great condition. Tee boxes, fairways and greens all in great shape. Fun layout. Several holes make you think about your tee shot.

The one thing I was disappointed in, was there was no beverage cart. It was very hot, 90’s with Heat Index around 105. We only brought a water each. Due to Covid Restrictions there was no water on the course.

Overall, great experience and a fun course in great shape. I’ll be back to play it again.

2020 July Good Condition

Friendly staff
Good Condition
Greens were true
Recommend
Only drawback a little expensive at $55.00 for the off season.

First Time at Grand Palm

Great course, very good condition. There are no beverage or food service because of COVID-19. You must bring your supplies.

Baaaaa

Goat track not worth more than $25. Golf Now is a non-user friendly organization.

Came prepared

Golfed here on Thursday surprised that there was no liquids to be sold or cups for water. Came prepared today. Soft cooler with fluids - but still no bathrooms
Wasn’t busy today but got stuck behind a 4some that backed up everything.
I do like this course , wish some golfers knew etiquette

No bathroom or hydration available

Just in case you decide to play golf at Grand Palms bring fluids ( heat index >100 today) , but no cups or the ability to purchase fluids on the course. If you need to use the restroom while golfing- good luck as all of the external bathrooms are sealed closed.
I like this course and been a regular here for years, but not having fluids or the ability to use a debit/credit card to purchase drinks is unacceptable.

Course seems to be holding up pretty well

It's been 15 years since I played here and the course seems to be holding up well. The greens were in better than average shape, not blazing fast or anything but very consistent. A few quirky holes where you are advised to leave your driver in the bag. So if you live in South West Broward it is a pretty good choice. I do want to repeat an earlier post and that is for all intents and purposes they are not honoring the Premier Card pricing. We paid 60% more than expected, and while I don't feel especially bad about this since I understand that golf course revenue was non-existent for several weeks because of the shut down, we will not be returning any time soon as the other clubs in the premier card do not seem to have a problem to adhering to the fees. For us now there are more economical choices, but once the summer deals are over, I would come back.

I like

I really like the the layout of the 3 , 9 hole courses
and feel they were in great shape. Only down fall is no cart girl or open restaurant. Was told you can bring your own cooler with what you want but was told a little to late. Will play there again soon.

Miami, Florida