Type Public/Municipal
Slope N/A
Rating N/A
Orgill Golf Course

Year Built 1972
Architect Press Little Press Maxwell (1972)

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #22)

Junior Golfers 6

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hi u602809701. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

Please cut the grass!

Grass isn’t very well cut. Especially the rough. Looks like they only cut a small fairway. It’s about 20 yards wide per fairway. And the rough is so high you can’t find the ball. Slows the pace of play down way too much. Some rough is up to your calf’s or knees. Especially number 9 and right of number 10. Greens are also filled with dead spots. There is also apparently an irrigation problem. The course was very wet in spots including number 6 green with standing water. We haven’t had rain in about 3 weeks and the course was still soaked. The maintenance on the course has become very laxed and lazy.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Hello, Tigersfan1. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Orgill Golf Course!

Course condition

The course is/was in very good condition, with fair length rough

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for your review, u000006139578. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Orgill Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Course with great Features

The course played really well even with the rainy conditions. The fairways were in excellent shape. The greens were in good shape. Maybe could have been cut just a bit lower for a faster more true roll

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hello, gblee. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Orgill Golf Course!

Continual improvement

This course gets better and better. They have worked hard to fix several previous issues. The greens are much better than last year. The covid virus brought about some difficulties but, the staff here seems to be handling it just fine. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi BWSmith49. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Orgill Golf Course.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, Trousilb1. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Orgill Golf Course!

Love that front desk lady.

I got behind schedule and she moved my tee time. Very understanding. Then I realized they didn’t rent clubs so I had to go buy some. She let me play since I had already paid. Honestly I know I’ll be coming back just because of friendliness.

As far as the course goes. It’s a great course for beginners like myself. The cart track isn’t worn out too bad, and the grass is kept.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi LAWJ24. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Orgill Golf Course.

Great place

This course gets better every time I play. How they have updated the greens is amazing. The girls inside are the friendliest girls that I’ve had assist me.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us, FuvIAYJQADaAQaSslvVQ. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

The Changes Are Remarkable

I’ve been playing Orgill Golf Course for years. This is the best this golf course has ever looked. The changes in the process of being made at the course will only enhance one’s playing experience. Eric Howard and the Staff at Orgill are the best—the greatest team ready to serve every golfer! After our foursome finished today the consensus was—“We will be back and very soon!”

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi u387508253. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Orgill Golf Course!

Little gem in Millington

Nice course. Well manicured. Friendly staff. Costly easy course. Great for beginning golfers. Pace of play is pretty good. The only issue was the height of the rough. It’s an easy course so that’s it’s only defense besides the trees. However, it certainly slows the pace of play when you have to search for the ball in rough where it sinks to the bottom. My only suggestion would to cut it a little lower to speed up play. It’s thick, and I know the course is easy. It is what it is. But it’s not fun searching for balls slightly out of the fairway.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi Tigersfan1. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Orgill Golf Course!

Mixed

Greens in terrible shape; some unplayable. Rough is very punitive for this level course. Balls disappear just a couple of yards off the fairway. Clubhouse personnel not wearing COVID masks! Otherwise, a fine layout although with some very challenging holes. Beautiful lakes and scenery. Yardage markers are unreliable.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi, u8209033. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Orgill Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Orgill Park 8/4/20

Great round of golf. The course was in ok shape. Played here not too long ago where it was in much better condition. The greens were super slow. The rough were really rough, lost a couple balls because the rough were pretty tall. Tee boxes were in good shape. I really like the layout and I play here several times a year. I’ll still play here, it’s just yesterday’s condition was not as good as other times.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Hello, u000006352631. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great place to pkay

Play here weekly
10-16 of us
All good

Commented on 09/01/2020

Your feedback is important to us, vlvEarGUrG20GIPhKR1P. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

Staff in the clubhouse was very friendly.Teed of at 2:15 which was 30 minutes early. Greens were slow as they had not been mowed in a while. Couldn't tell much of a difference between fairway and green. Otherwise course was great. Was told that course closes at 5:00 when we stepped up to the 10th tee. Thought that was outlandish and went to the clubhouse and we were told that wasn't the case. Strange.

Commented on 08/04/2020

Hi cjpurcell. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Orgill Golf Course.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160502626! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course!

Horrible greens

I have always loved playing this course but things have changed. You have to book 2 people now with no singles allowed. The really bad thing was the greens were aerated without any disclaimer or discount. Paid 31.00 for a round that should have been 15.00. I have been playing different courses because of the rule changes but was excited to play there until we played pn the greens. Not happy!

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hello, u330995465. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/20/2020

u358854434, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi! We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Orgill Golf Course!

Great course and staff

Course was in great condition except for the greens that they seem to be in the middle of redoing. Staff was very friendly. Will be back again soon.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314160359840! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Home course

I’ve had a passionate love for this course for almost 40 years. It’s scenic, challenging yet very fair. One of the best municipal courses in the state. Highly recommend. I’ve played here weekly for almost a year. I’m a high handicapper and finally broke 90 Today!!!

Commented on 07/08/2020

Thank you for your review, u314159567001. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Orgill Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Millington, Tennessee