Hammock Creek Golf Club is the first golf course in Florida designed by the father-son team of Jack Nicklaus and Jack II. The course, which has hosted several events on the Golden Bear Tour, is said to be a formidable test from the championship tees for even the most skilled players. The challenges, though they are subtle and give a seemingly spacious appearance to the course, are a force to be reckoned with. The layout features multi-tiered greens that play fast and rolling fairways that have generous landing area, but they can be misleading. Mature pine forests and native wetlands also come into play throughout. The design incorporates several interesting risk-reward opportunities and there are also five sets of tees to make it approachable to a range of skill levels.

Hammock Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Greens Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1996) Jack Nicklaus, Jr. (1996)

Dress code Bermuda length shorts and collared shirts. No jeans or cutoffs.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

19th Hole Specials 11

First Timer

Course is in ok condition. Several areas very marshy after a short rain. Course was busy for a mid morning Friday round but ended up playing as a fivesome after four holes while there were two threesomes in front of us who sometimes played as six.
Waited on every hole to hit a shot while the rangers just rode around and waved to everyone.
For the money there are definitely better options in the area. Would probably play here again but not at the current rate $48

Challenging

Thick rough is very challenging when wet. Grounds crew seem oblivious to golfers. Don’t use GolfNow for booking. They overcharge Book directly with course and on their website.

High Risk People Beware

I love this course and always play it well. However, I am also a high risk person with a trashed immune system...

I prepaid so I could avoid the pro shop—not allowed— they insisted that I sign the cart waiver despite counter staff not wearing masks or enforcing distancing at the counter to protect themselves. The carts were given an inadequate wipe down since they were turning them so fast. The food service is open but no one wearing masks. The driving range had a group clustered together—it looked like a group lesson.

All in all, not a good experience for someone who is trying to adhere to CDC guidelines. Our group consisted of of a Vegas resident and three PBC residents—meaning we are from high risk areas and could easily infect others if proper precautions are not being followed.. I will do my golfing at courses that help protect their staff and customers.

Great course conditions were good. Got rained out after 9 but no problem getting refund for the back 9!

Commented on 04/30/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us! We're sorry your round was cut short by the rain but are glad you still enjoyed yourself. We look forward to having you back at Hammock Creek Golf Club!

Excellent value

Layout, fairways, greens, practice facilities all very good. Pace of play compromised today by large number of walking golfers who did not know how to play efficiently. They were never ready nor prepared for their next shot.

Commented on 04/07/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced and will pass on your feedback to our team. We hope to see you on the course again soon. Thank you for playing Hammock Creek Golf Club.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hammock Creek Golf Club!

A good course for the money

Great layout, a good mix of hard holes and some short risk, reward holes. The greens rolled nice around a 10. Fairways were in good shape, but the rough was dry, thin, and spotty. Great prices on beers and food.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Mayacoo12. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hammock Creek Golf Club thanks you!

worth going!

I played this during my visit to FL. Perfect weather helped. Lots of water, but most of it is able to be avoided if you can get off the tee with some distance. Greens were great. Fairways were great. This was my first time playing, and even though I used rental clubs, I played pretty well and had plenty of par putts within 5 feet...if only I could make those putts!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for your review, u314159841250. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hammock Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, droodman. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Great Pace of Play

Resort style conditions. Very generous landing areas off the tees. Some shorter Par 4s require thoughtful tee shots from the white tees, less so from the blues. 1hr 50 mins on the front; 2 hours on the back with a 1pm tee time on a Saturday afternoon. Great pace of play. Was pleased to be greeted with a sign on the cart that the steering wheel had been wiped with disinfectant! Let's hope we can continue to keep the golf courses open! Come on out and enjoy the fresh air!

The condition of this course is the best it has been in 10 years. Each year they have made improvements and in talking to the staff the next improvements are going to make it even better. Has far as the staff goes from the moment you arrive they treat you like your at your own private club and it starts at the top thanks to Dave Ladd club director

Anonymous

Very good

Very enjoyable good condition would recommend it highly

Absolutely average

The course is nice very nice.
The pace of play was pathetically slow due to 2 forward groups hitting two balls each.
It’s a nice course but bad in any way, just absolutely average

Greens Rolling Fast & True!

Excellent pace of play. Three hours teeing off at noon on a Tuesday. Resort style golf. Very generous landing areas off the tees. Greens in great shape.

Lovely course but slow

Course is in very good condition and nice layout. Staff was friendly and lunch afterward was good. Unfortunately we were paired with two golfers who combined a lack of skill with a lack of speed. It not only made our round very slow but encouraged golfers behind us to come up and yell at us afterward. Some diligence by the ranger, who came around but never said anything, would have been helpful. When the people you are paired with keep talking mulligan’s and lose about 20 balls it’s no fun to be around.

Hi,
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your latest round at the course. Thank you for alerting us of this issue. We will work harder to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Great course - excellent conditions

Wonderful course- play was a little slow today- 4:10. Ranger came by to tell us that it would be slow but didn’t seem to address why it was slow.

Commented on 03/04/2020

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your last round at the course. Please come back in soon!

Very enjoyable

Course was in nice shape. Layout offers a great variety. Pace was decent as well. I’d definitely recommend and play again

Commented on 03/04/2020

Thank you for the nice feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time at the course. Please come back again soon!

Municipal