Graeagle Meadows Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Known for its stunning mountain and river views, Graeagle Meadows Golf Course is located along the middle fork of the Feather River in the High Sierras. The landscape is covered with towering pine trees and shimmering lakes providing not only a scenic setting but also a challenging terrain for golf. In addition to the natural features, there are also mounded greens and strategically placed bunkers that complement the dramatic elevation changes of the golf course. Elevated tees allow golfers to enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding meadows, forest, and mountains. The sixth is Graeagle Meadows Golf Course's signature hole and one of its most scenic with views of the Mohawk Valley and the town of Graeagle.

Course Layout: No ratings so far

Location is worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Watch Out For The Deer"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice course. First time playing it, is in great shape. Greens were running great, fairways were in good shape and the sand traps had sand. Got a good deal on golfnow and decided to try it, happy I did. The course is in great shape. Hole #12 was the only problem. Was a little wet and the ball plugged just off the green, took a couple of minutes to find it, found another ball as I was looking. Is a course anyone can play, not real difficult. The wildlife is abundant, deer everywhere, they act like you are not there. I will play this course again next year, highly recommend this course.

"course fit my game well"

bingo2890's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This course is very open and forgiving for any type golfer. It is rare to find a mountain course with such<br/> wide fairways. I only lost one ball The course was beautiful

"Getting ready for winter"

nick7712656's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2015

I have played this course in the passed and it always in great shape, so I was disappointed with my round because I wasn't informed before I booked that the back nine was closed for maintenance. Along with the front was completely punched. I would have passed on playing there this time if I had known.

"Course condition notification"

barryb125's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I have played Graeagle many times. Yesterday I was disappointed. When I checked in I paid the full amount. As I was leaving the pro shop the attendant told me the back nine was closed and I would have to play the front nine twice. Had I known that I would have gone else where. The fairways had been punched and the plugs had not been removed. Course was very wet and bordering on unplayable. Very disappointing. Should have posted conditions and offer discounted rates.

"Probably this course is good"

adamnasir's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2015

It is difficult to give you the whole picture of the course because we were allowed to play only back nine twice. The front nine were closed for aeration of greens. We were very disappointed because no body neither Golf now.com or course informed us about closure of front nine. We drove an hour from Reno to play there, needles to say we quit after playing back nine once. I was surprised that course management still charge us the full fee for greens. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAY THERE ANY SOON.

"Nice afternoon at Graeagle"

hacksalot05's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Is a nice course situated along the Feather River. Not the most glamorous or difficult course you'll ever play, but is in pretty good shape and fairly priced for what you get. If you're in the area, is worth a trip over. I also heard the restaurant there has good food.

"Beautiful Scenery & Wildlife Galore"

Reggie1037005's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

I have played this course before and it was just as fun again. Just viewing the scenery and wildlife was well worth the two and half hour drive from Sacramento. The wind blew fairly hard and it did lightly rain while playing the round. I was surprised the course was in excellent shape considering drought conditions. I strongly suggest you stay on or very close to the fairways because a lot of rough bare ground lurks.

"Fitzgerald twosome"

tpfitz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2015

I have never received such a wonderful reception at any golf course. It was,more than worth the drive up from truckee. Thanks for the experience

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"overrated and overpriced unless you get a deal online."

ludog1010's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2015

IMO this course is extremely overrated. I got a deal on golf now for about a third of the rack rate which at that price was barely worth it. The course is in OK shape off of the fairways the grass is totally dead obviously with the drought conditions they're having to pick where they water. Just be careful if you miss a fairway because you will be on rocks/hardpan. My main complaint with this course is the greens. They're way too long and way too bumpy. Went off first one morning and the greens were not rolled. Dew on the entire green:( For the overall rating I "expected" more.<br/> There are 3-4 other courses within 30 minutes that are far superior to Graeagle Meadows, one less than 10 miles away. This course gets a lot of play obviously and they do a decent job given that. Pace of play very very slow unless you go off before 7:45am especially on Tuesdays.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Fun course"

John9015680's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2015

Slow play, no marshals, good company, course in good condition.

"A must play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2015

This was the first time my friend and I played this course, the Golfnow pricing was really good and totally made it worth while to drive from Reno to play. I was impressed from the time we arrived with everything. The practice greens, driving range and chipping green were in great condition and very accessible. The staff was friendly and helpful. The course was in great condition despite the dry season the west coast is in and the pace of play was good. We can't wait to get back up to Graeagle to play again in the next couple of weeks. This course made our list of must play a few times a year list

"Always love it here"

jenise's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2015
Previously played Used cart Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Always enjoyable at Graeagle. With Golf Now even more so. Always a challenge but the scenery takes a bite out of a bad round. It is also a bonus when you play with another fun couple.

"this course was very playable"

Teakai's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed the course will go back again.Hopefully next week.

"Great surroundings and fantastic pace of play"

Suzanne9212905's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I received a good rate with Golf Now and played as a single. I was paired with another person that enjoyed a fast pace of play. We were able to finish the round in 3.5 hours. The course is fun and the surroundings beautiful. Since it was Mother's Day, the cafe was busy however the course remained uncrowded. I'll play there again later in the week. Pleasant experience.

"wonderful"

Tedebare42's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in great condition and totally enjoyable to play. Staff was very helpful. I will return and recommend to others.

"local gem"

juhani15's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2015
Previously played Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course is in great shape with faster greens than they appear. Well maintained, though not opulent, clubhouse and facilities. A great walk.

"Challenging without being too punishing. No balls lost"

islaygarcia's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Verified Purchaser

Great outing for late November. Course in good condition for time of year. Golf would not be possible at this time in most of USA.<br/> Staff very courteous and helpful.<br/> Weather was cols and crisp but air clear and skies blue.

"Lovely"

Jim4705191's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2014

This is a very pretty course with many trees to make the shots interesting, but not so many as to make it unfair. The course is fairly flat. The 18th green is under repair, so the hole was located in the fairway about 100 yards closer. Greens had been sanded and putting was very rough. I'd like to play the course again when the putting surface wasn't so bumpy

"What a great place."

Armando6430047's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2014

Had the best round of golf in the most beautiful setting ever. I couldn't get over how clean and pristine the fairways and sandtraps were. Add the sunny day to top it off. Can't wait to bring our yearly tournament there.

"Breathing course!"

jplaza81's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2014

I recently got married so for our honeymoon we decided to go to Graeagle CA. My wife had never being golfing with me so I brought her along. I checked out golf now for reviews on many of the courses surrounding our area (which were a ton). Graeagle meadows had great reviews and a very good special going on. Wow! This golf course was amazing! The scenery was absolutely gorgeous! The course was challenging but the fairways were pretty generous. The only problem I had with the course was that they were irrigating the greens. Which made putting almost impossible. They are some challenging par 3's but nothing to get worried about. Also watch out for deers because this place is covered with them! Even my wife loved this course. She must have taken about a million photos. So if you love nature and golfing this is a perfect course to come visit.