Napa Golf Course

Year Built 1968

Carts Yes - $16

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

I suggest going somewhere else

The course was so crowded that I left after 11 holes.

Smelling the wine in Napa

First time playing the course and the wineries were tempting after the round. I had a good time and played by myself but I caught a few foursomes in my round (to be expected), as I made it up to the 14th hole with a few pass thrus from some nice folks, but the foursomes were to much to over come. I skipped holes 15 and 16 and arrived at the 17th and the 18th to finish my round. The course was in good shape, the greens were soft, and the course is a little tight but has a good feel to it. If you like tight courses you won’t be disappointed and the price for the round was excellent.

Good Napa Course

The course is in pretty good shape. The greens are excellent. The tee boxes were being top dressed. The fairways are good but spotty bad in places. The course is challenging.
I recommend it as an enjoyable place to play.

It was ok...

Paid $30 for a Saturday early afternoon tee time through Golfnow. For that price it was ok and worth it, but I would not pay a dollar more than that to play the course. I’d say about 6-8 holes - mostly in the back 9 - were not maintained. One hole had a third of the “fairway” as hardened dirt (literally). Most greens were in decent shape, while 2-3 of them were in bad shape.
There was a beverage/snack cart going around - that was good. The bar next to the pro shop - nice people. Pace of play was just under 4 hrs - that was the best part!

Again...you get what you pay for.

Hot

The course was in great shape but the pace of play was slow 3 hours for the front 9 was hard plus the 97 degree temperature made it a rough day
Dispite that it was fun and I will go back
When it’s cooler

Bad Course Conditions

If you like elevated greens, losing balls on fairways this course is just for you. Grass clipping around greens and pot holes on fairways. There is also a homeless camp right next to the course. I wont be playing here anytime soon. Driving range is a joke by the way.

Rude staffer

When we got there there was a group of 12 teeing off. We asked to go back 9 where there was nobody coming. The guy was totally rude because of the 12 that were teeing off, half had never played. It took them almost 3 hrs to play the front 9. We went back 9 anyway and did it in 1:35. Then he wouldn’t let us go front 9 while he teed off with his friends. I get rules and everything, but we’ve played there for years, so we know our pace of play and he wouldn’t even listen to us. I can say that we’re probably not coming back.

Napa at Kennedy Park

Reservation was easily recognized in the Pro Shop and Howie was efficient behind the counter.
Other players had not been to Napa previously. Many interesting holes. Lots of Marsh so accuracy is rewarded.

Some holes would benefit from little signs that alert you to the unseen marsh areas that come into play.

We all had a great time.

Napa's Best Kept Secret

Napa Golf Course is truly a hidden gem - you can't beat the price for the quality & the holes are truly well designed & maintained. There isn't a single unreasonable hole on the entire course, and the entire staff is as friendly as it gets - thank you Vince & everyone else at Napa Golf Course!

Plays Twice a year

Great Round

The course is in great shape especially after the rains this winter
All fairways were cut and the rough was playable
Enjoyed the day and will be back soon

9th hole

Fun course to play, very challenging.
The 9th hole is unplayable. They should put the tee box a few yards from where they park the cart's on the southside of the building and continue to make it a par 3 like they used to during the winter. When you hit your ball down the middle of the fairway as I did, find the ball plugged in the fairway and can't find a dry spot to drop on within 150 or so yards, then it's time to move on. Make it a par 3 or suffer the slow play and back-up on this hole.

Great Course in Napa

Great course for the money. This course is a challenge in the rainy season as it doesn't drain well, but is a great value and a challenging course even from white tees.
a lot of tricky dog legs and a course where you need to place your shot in the right place. Glad you can still get a decent tee time price in the morning!

Napa Muni review

Starting with the negative, the course needs some attention. The rough is US Open length and still has a lot of clippings from previous mowings, it’s easy to lose your ball if you get off the fairway even if you watch it all the way. I’ve been playing this course on & off for about three or four years and almost every time I’ve played the ninth hole has essentially been closed, I assume because of drainage problems, they make it into a very short par 3. Likewise hole 15 had drainage problems as well, and there are other places on the course as well. Since I’ Been playing there I haven’t seen anything being done about these issues, It’s about time to put some drains in and fix these problems. This course has a great layout and can be challenging, it can be a great course if those problems are fixed. Even with the issues I still would recommend it, it’s a fair price, the staff is friendly, and also the 19th is small but ok, a good place to finish the day.

Dog Track

I've driven by this course many times. Decided to play it mid-day this past Sunday as a twosome. My worst expectations came true on this round. The day was beautiful...hadn't rained in nearly two weeks and the course looks like it could be nice. First, nearly every hole was muddy on the fairways and hadn't been tended to in a while. Every fairway had white flowering weeds which is a problem for a game that mostly uses white balls. It made the round lengthy when you are limited to cart paths only and you are not sure where exactly your ball went. I didn't miss the first five fairways on drives but lost four balls off the tee box becasue it was either camoflauged by the weeds or plugged in the mud or in the standing water on the fairways. Walking on fairways where my shoes sunk in the mud makes for a very frustrating round and an impossible ball search.

I wouldn't so much say we enjoyed the round as much as we were resigned to it. Its January, I get it, but if you want to charge to play...you have to manage and maintain the course to a playable level. Napa was not. They say the worst day golfing is better than the best day working...it was not true on this course on this day. Perhaps I'll play it in summer if the price is right and the course is dry as it does look like it has interesting holes...but certainly not for the next several months at the very earliest.

napa golf

My local course, napa golf, was in excellent shape.
Greens were perfect, fairways were good, sand traps were average, rough was okay
9th fairway was very wet , as usual during the winter months, the rest of the course has been improving over the last couple of years

American Canyon, California