Ford's Colony Country Club - Marsh Hawk Course

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required. No blue jeans, cut-offs, tee shirts or tank tops.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Silver 72 5369 yards 66.1 116
Silver (W) 72 5369 yards 70.7 126

The traditional tree-lined fairways undulating greens and the best finishing holes around create a complete journey through the property. A par 72 measuring 6650 yards from the back tees Marsh Hawks greatest defense are narrow fairways and strategically placed bunkers. The real beauty of this golf course lies within the contour of the holes around natural lakes and elevation changes that can delude your depth perception.

Marsh Hawk has played host to the 1998 and 1999 Virginia State Opens Monday qualifying for the 2005 2006 and 2007 Nationwide Tours Henrico County Open and the Monday qualifier for the PGA Tours Michelob Championship for 12 years straight.

Location is at a resort convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for playing multiple courses wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers elevation changes

"Very friendly"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

WeWent as a group of 4, there were several golf marshals throughout the course to monitor the pace of play.Very welcoming staff and the pro shop had the most variety of women’s wear that we have seen in Williamsburg area, having done five courses so far.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 04/18/2018:

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also pleased that you and your group were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you back again soon at Ford's Colony!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 04/18/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and we appreciate your review! We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

"Very Enjoyable course"

itom212's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

We played the Marsh Hawk course on a Friday morning. It was our first time at Ford's Colony and we were quite disoriented, so we got to our tee box late, joining up with our group on the first green. Other than that the round was great! The course conditions were great for the time of year. The greens and fairways were in great shape. Unfortunately for me, I found the roughs to be in great shape as well. The layout was very challenging, but fair. The pace of play was great for as many golfers were enjoying the course. We found the staff to be quite helpful in spite of our unfamiliarity with the course. I highly recommend this course.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 04/18/2018:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time playing at Ford's Colony. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that our course conditions met your expectations. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round!

"Spring was a little late to Southern VA"

wlippin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Fords Colony Blackheath- was an excellent design, a lot of water on 14 holes, very playable however, and multiple tee boxes so you can attack the water holes at your golf ability. For some reason spring is slow in coming to VA & northeast in 2018 the trees were flowering(nice) but the Bermuda was still dormant and matted due to previous winter rains & snow. This must be a true gem when all greened up and flowering, conditions not bad for winter golf and 58 degrees kept the crowds down so we finished in 3 1/2 hours (2some) and had a real nice track to ourselves most of the round. Will play again when I return to Williamsburg area, they also, have 2 other nice courses at Ford's Marsh Hawk & Blue Heron, Great clubhouse & grille lots of member activities.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 04/11/2018:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge that it presented. We're also pleased that you were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in the Williamsburg area!

"Great Round"

Michael1378771's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

I and two buddies got paired up with a club member. The member was a great guy and all 3 of us really liked the course. Happy hour at the grill also great

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 04/02/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the member you were paired with. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

"Wet day on a beautiful course"

maajosh1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

We 3 seniors loved this course and think it is the premier course at Ford's Colony.

Cart path only and wet and slightly cold kept this from being the perfect round.

Very friendly staff and good pace of play made for a very enjoyable day!

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 03/13/2018:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Great Course. Will be back"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

Everything was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Range was layed out well. Played Blue Heron. The course layout was great. Cart path only due to bad rain so some areas understandably a little sloppy but the greens were great. Looking forward to coming back and playing the other courses as well.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 02/14/2018:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Great day in December"

rickronnie's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

The course was in very good shape, new greens are nice and rolled well. I only wish everyone would fix their dents. The greens were not making large ballmarks but only dents and most were not being fixed and you could tell the ones not fixed. Bunkers needed raking and a bit of care. Grass was dormant but the fairways were still pretty nice. There were a few low area wet spots from the snow melt I guess. The Pro shop was very helpful, starter was great and we always try to go into the bar after, great staff, good food and beer.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 12/19/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also pleased that you enjoyed our menu and beer. Can't wait to have you back for another great day at Ford's Colony!

"Great greens!!"

ddwolford's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

I played this course the other day and had a frost warning in the early morning for half an hour. After hitting serveral balls on the driving range I proceeded that 1st tee and was met by the starter. He was extremely helpful in providing useful information on the course and advice on several difficult holes. I was playing by myself and came upon a foursome of members after a few holes. They graciously waved me through and I sped through 18 holes in no time .

The course was in pretty good shape even though the rough and the fairways were dormant. The greens were in great shape putted truly even with a lot of moisture on them. I would like to return and play the course when the grass turns green. There is a lot of water on the course but a lot of if does not come into play. I played the blue/white combo tee that was about 5800 us a and found it just about right for my abilities. All in all a good day on the course and recommend you give it a try.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/30/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your first time playing our course. We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again for your next round!

"A very fun challenge."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

Ran short on daylight at the 15th so we skipped to 17 & 18. Otherwise, an absolutely awesome course. Looking forward to going back.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/30/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and the challenge that our course presented. We appreciate your review and look forward to having you back again soon!

"Again and Again"

TimothyThomas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

A must play for those who appreciate a course that is well maintained with the player in mind

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/20/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as our layout. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/20/2017:

Great! Come back soon!

"Must play"

Rene5300220's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Great course some difficulty but manageable. Fantastic day out with friends.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/08/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented. We're pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and we can't wait to have you all back for another fantastic day!

"Fantastic"

Rene5300220's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

What a great golf course, we had an enjoyable round of golf.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/06/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Dry & Fast"

Thomas7435192's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

Lack of water made fast fairways and greens. Difficult to land ball and stop. Course layout good without much variation. Played Blue Heron least complicated

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/06/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge that it presented. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"I love this place!"

edkopp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I love this place - Fords Colony! They have 3, 18-hole golf courses. This (Marsh Hawk) was the standard course for guests. Pace of play was very good, invited to get around a slow 2-some, and then a 4-some. Despite the cold and wind it was a good day. A nice place to play, plenty of class, and friendly people.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 11/02/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you back again soon at Ford's Colony!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

Nice, nice course. I would recommend it to anyone.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 10/31/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Beautiful challenging course"

nancy195's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

Course was extremely wet (cart path only).

Understood the fallen leaves along the fairways, did not like the leaves on the greens.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 10/27/2017:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. we apologize that the course was a little wet but we hope to have you back once the course is a bit drier!

"Golf course of choice!"

edkopp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2017

Golf course of choice!

I always try to play one of the three golf courses at Fords Colony. Especially when I can get a low rate. Great place to play on any of the 3 courses. The courses are in very good condition.

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 10/25/2017:

Fantastic! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and that you were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you back again at Ford's Colony!

"Sunday fun"

kevincarol's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

Course in really good shape; relatively flat. Not tremendously difficult

Response from Ford's Colony Country Club on 10/24/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as our layout. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Ford's Colony!