Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Bob Cupp (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Really nice but expenxsive.

Probably the nicest course in the Destin area, although there are many beautiful courses there. Of course you will pay for that luxury with green fees costing around $150 during prime hours. The course plays a little tough for the average golfer with lots of water and bunkers throughout the course. Great scenery all around - will try to play again next year when I go down there.

Commented on 10/20/2019

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. There many wonderful golf courses in the area and golf can be a bit pricey. In recognition of the higher cost to play here we make sure we check off all the boxes for a truly unique and memorable golf experience. From the service of our friendly staff, the chilled apples at the turn, touch screen G.P.S. on every cart, cold mango scented towels on the very hot days and what we feel are truly the finest putting surfaces you will find. Your dollar goes a long way here. As the day gets later we lower our rates that maybe more appealing to golfers on a strict budget which most of us are. We want everyone to get to experience Kelly Plantation Golf Club when visiting the area. One of the best compliments we get is when the guest comes off the course they often ask for membership pamphlets. This reassures us that they enjoyed themselves and maybe would like to be here more often. Please come back when you are in the area. My name is Ashton Crowe I am the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here and would enjoy meeting you and thanking you in person.

Destin Golf

We have been coming to Destin to play golf with friends for over 20 years. We have played every course in the area several times. About 10 years ago we quit going to any other course besides Kelly Plantation. The course is always in exceptional condition, but the one thing that separates Kelly from any other club in the area is the friendliness of the staff. Starting from the time you drop off your bags, to checking into the pro shop, and then dinner at the club after the round. The entire staff at Kelly Plantation understands customer service. Well done !

Great Track

Staff was very accommodating. Pace of play was great for a weekend.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your positive experience while visiting us. I use the word "visit" because we feel like we are having an old friend over to catch up on good times to be had. The staff here enjoys engaging with our guest and truly shows genuine interest in how each person is treated here while they visit. The golf course is truly in amazing condition by the hard work of our devoted Turf Care team led by Head Superintendent Kevin Churchill. They all work together to achieve the consistent conditions day in and day out. They take that extra something and cultivate it and make sure that each detail is spot on. I could not be more proud to present this course to anyone that chooses to play here. Pace of play we understand is very important for everyone. If a group falls behind pace we politely ask them to play ready golf, we rake bunkers for them, we tend the flags when they allow it, and offer used golf balls we find on the course to help facilitate groups that search to long for golf balls. We try and let them know we are here for their enjoyment and not to harass them to pick up pace. It seems to be working. My name is Ashton Crowe, and I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here. Please stop by next time you are here I would enjoy thanking you in person.

Commented on 10/13/2019

"STAFF SUPER FRIENDLY". I can't tell you how important those three powerful words mean to us. In a day when everything is fast paced its nice to truly feel welcomed, when time can slow down and you actually get a chance to enjoy our short time of peace in life. Golf is so much more than hitting a ball. Its an interaction amongst your friends and if our staff can be a special part of that peace we have successfully done our job. Thank you for your taking time to share your thoughts. Turf Care puts in the hours to make this course the truly special place it is and it allows the outside staff to be engaging without making excuses about course conditions which only adds to the ease of conversation and genuine Southern Hospitality. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Played for the first time this morning and the course was excellent. The staff was super and Grant in the club house was a excellent representative of the course. I will definitely play again during my stay and hopefully find some of the strokes I left on the course. Mr. Crowe was very accomidating for informing me of course play and when he could get me back out during my stay. A must to play when visiting the area.

Commented on 10/09/2019

It was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your enthusiasm to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We certainly try and make sure we pay attention to the schedules that work out for our guest as many our players are on vacation and don't want to spend all day here when they could be with family. Thank you for recognizing our efforts. We were happy to get you with a member group that is enjoyable to play with. It often makes the whole experience much better. Come back and see us soon and safe travels back to Tennessee. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

A beauty!

Great course. Challenging layout. PURE greens. In very good shape. Loved it. Very friendly staff. Iced towels offered every few holes on a hot day. Got stuck behind a couple slow groups so pace of play was my only qualm...but that can be tough to avoid sometimes.

Always in mint condition

Course is always pristine well maintained and a joy to play with the new greens and views !! The staff from starters to beer girls are friendly and helpful !! I highly recommend this experience !!

Commented on 10/04/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review. I often get apprehensive when I open the reviews because if we fall short of 5 stars I feel we didn't do our job. But then I remember everyone is fallible. The one thing we cant fall short of is staff friendliness and then my anxiety disappears once I remember this because we give our absolute best each and every day by treating our guest with the upmost respect and appreciation. Thank you for recognizing this. Please come back and visit us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

My New Favorite Course in Destin

If you are a golfer either visiting the Destin area or looking to buy a home in a golf course community in Destin; you should strongly consider Kelly’s Plantation for the following reasons.

-Amazing fun/challenging course for all handicaps
-Staff is attentive and unpretentious
-Practice facilities are top notch
-Pace of play was like clockwork
-rates are super competitive
-Well stocked pro shop and restaurant

We played here early on our trip and ended up playing 27 more holes within the week. We WILL be back!!

Commented on 09/29/2019

The time it takes to tell someone they are reaching and or exceeding expectations is the most impressive of our reviews. Often people tend to tell what they didn't enjoy about their experience so you taking time to explain in detail the reason you enjoyed your round we appreciate more than words can say. I feel the most fortunate when I see the reviews of the staff's attentiveness toward our patrons who spend their hard earned money here. Our General Manager, Mike Woodham and our owners have instilled in us that kindness never takes a break or loses focus. It is the one constant that makes for a great golf experience. The Turf Care team led by Kevin Churchill has trained his staff to leave nothing to chance or out of place. Combine this with our winning service, genuine kindness, and I believe patrons get a golf experience second to none in this area. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us your thoughts. We are listening. Come back soon, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

Such a great day of golf!

What a fabulous experience we had yesterday at Kelly. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the greeter at the bag drop who loaded our clubs on the cart. Inside at the pro shop the lady stepped from behind the counter and explained everything to us. She encouraged us to practice putting because they had been rolling the greens for their member/guest tournament next day. When we went to the driving range we were greeted by the host who couldn’t have been nicer. When it was our time to play he drove to #1 with us and explained it’s best to go up one club because of elevation. He asked my husband his handicap so he could recommend the best tee box for him so he would get most enjoyment from the game. On #10, another very nice person named Taley brought us ice cold towels because it was hot! And everyone thanked us for playing at their course. On another hole there was a cooler of ice cold apples.We were raving about the course to Taley and he showed up later with a handwritten note from Ashton the GM! When we were done and back in the pro shop making a purchase, the GM sought us out with Taley and engaged in some fun conversation with us and thanked us for our business. He even checked for us to see if they could squeeze in a tee time for us before the member guest. And on top of all this, it was a beautiful course and so much fun to play! We would definitely love to play there again. Treat yourself to a great day of golf and play at Kelly Plantation. Thank you everyone at Kelly for giving us a great day of good golf and taking such good care of us. Linda & Rich from PA.

Beautiful Course

Awesome condition, friendly staff, nice pro shop
Will play again when in the area

Commented on 09/25/2019

From one fellow Kentuckian to another Kentuckian your comments mean so much to our reputation. It says a lot about how guest are treated each time they visit our course. Our best and most valuable amenity is our staff. We want each person that visits our facility to be a special part of the overall experience and having each patron feel appreciated is our number one goal. Thank you again for the kindest of words. Believe me we are listening and trying to make the best of each visit from our guest and members. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional at Kelly Plantation and really enjoy meeting new friends like yourself. Come back soon.

Best staff I have experienced in a while

From the moment we arrived at the bag drop, til we were waving goodbye to the Marshall.... every single person at this course was very friendly and helpful. We felt very welcome and appreciated from start to finish.
The greens have about completley healed from aeration from a few weeks ago. All putts rolled true. The only ones I missed were MY fault. LOL.
While I can not compare this course to any others around Destin (because I haven't played them).... I would definitely recommend you play here. Especially if you book through Golf Now. Paid about half the normal rates.
If you are lucky like I was you will play on a day they are sponsoring a double your money hole. I put up $40 to get $80 in merch at the pro shop. All you do is hit the green and you double whatever money you put up. Worst case scenario you still get to spend money of whatever amount you put up. Number 8 was playing about 165 yards from the combo 2/3 tees. Like I said I was lucky and stuck it within 10 feet! (Heck yes I am bragging)
l will definitely be back someday.

Commented on 09/22/2019

The "Best Staff" comment you made is one that I will remember for a while. It is our pleasure to give the highest level of service when we meet new people. Golf is about a challenge upon ones own skills and we want to show appreciation to the ones that choose to spend their hard earned money here. We try and make each person feel as though they have been members here for years. Feeling welcomed truly makes the experience all that much better. Thank you for the kindest of words and putting your faith in us to deliver a first class golf day. Please come back soon as you are always welcomed. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Commented on 09/20/2019

The one thing that stands out every time to me is the 5-star ratings for staff friendliness. The course is always in terrific condition but without genuine Southern hospitality it just doesn't allow the course to shine like it should. They both compliment each other well and I am so fortunate you recognize that. Please come back and visit us soon to enjoy another round of golf at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Commented on 09/11/2019

Golf can be pricey so its great to see that you felt you got your monies worth with the 5 start recommendation. We take these reviews very serious as they are tools to gauge where we are, where we are going and where we have been. As a staff we are always looking for ways to improve our staff relations, course conditions, and overall enjoyment of each golfer that plays here. Your advice to choose the tees wisely is one that should be highly considered by each golfer. Our Bermuda grass is some of the finest fairways that you will ever play on and you are right sometimes you don't get any roll if you hit the ball high. It is always helpful to hear valuable knowledge from the patrons that play here. Thank you for your advice to all others that choose to play here. Please come back anytime. We would enjoy having you. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Kelly is the best in Destin

Aside from the greens being an 8/10 (aerated recently) they still rolled very well, and the rest of the course is plush. There isn't a better course in the area, and I have played them all. The staff knows what customer service means, and you will leave knowing you just played a top tier track.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Aerification certainly takes away from the true roll of the ball but as you know its needed for the overall health of the greens and maintaining their longevity. Greens take about 3-4 weeks to heal and we are at the 3 week mark so they are almost there. As far as the comment of the staff knowing what customer service is, I cant tell you how proud I am to hear that. That is the one area there is no room for error. We strive to make sure each person is treated like a personal friend and that we are truly grateful to have them play here. Its the guest and members that bring the course alive and the more we get to share it with everyone the better we all are. Thank you for the kind words again and welcome back soon. Head PGA Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Great course with some nice scenic views

Course was in great shape, staff and amenities were exceptional. Greens were rolling true and fairways were well manicured. Enjoy the chilled apples on #10. It maybe a little pricey but felt it was worth the money. Had a great lunch there too. Definitely will play again.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us some insight as to how you felt the course looked, played and how the interaction with staff was. It sounds like we made your golfing experience memorable at all levels which is our goal. Its nice to hear that our staff works together for the common goal of making sure each guest is felt unique and is treated as such. We have met many long time friends over the years just by stopping and listening to them and what makes a golf experience great from their prospective. We try and incorporate these learning opportunities and turn them into positive experiences for each patron that chooses to spend their hard earned money here. I am happy to see that you felt it was worth the money you spent and we are gracious for that. You are welcome back anytime. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe P.G.A.

Awesome greens

Some of the fastest greens I’ve played, but ball goes where you think. Got stuck behind a slow group so round wasn’t as enjoyable as it could have been. Great course, will absolutely play again.

Commented on 09/08/2019

Thank you for recognizing our golf greens as we put a lot of effort into making them roll true and smooth. The speed of the greens is certainly important but consistency is what we strive for when maintaining them. I am glad that our efforts allow the greens to be fast which most golfers enjoy. Pace of play is certainly something that all golf courses deal with. We employ two cart girls, a full time pace of play staff member that constantly uses our G.P.S. system to monitor pace of groups. We have some groups that play in 3 hours and some play in 4 hours and 15 minutes which the average golf round for a group of 4 players. Of course skill levels and playing ready golf certainly impacts all aspects of pace of play. We stay on top of this by keeping these variables in mind. I do appreciate you talking time to tell us about your experience while playing here. Its always a valuable tool in allowing us to get better at what we do. Please come back and visit us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Kelly plantation september 2019

Overall good course. Great condition, friendly staff. We played in 3:30 teeing off at 8:15. It is a little pricey for early tee time but worth it when it is 95 degrees in the afternoon and you finish before it gets too hot .

Commented on 09/06/2019

Thank you commenting on our friendly staff. First and foremost our product is a well maintained golf course but without the proper care and service from our staff that can get lost in the experience of how beautiful the course truly is. Golf can certainly be expensive and we recognize this. We spend an exorbitant amount of money on eco friendly chemicals to keep the course in top notch condition. These chemicals are a little more expensive but we believe in the future of our land and protecting the environment. We recycle as much as we can and try and not waste anything that can be reused for further good uses. I am so happy you played here and found that we are hitting all the right marks when it comes to a great golf experience. We treat each guest as they are long time friends and always welcome them back and are honored they chose to play here over the many nice golf courses in the area. You are welcome back anytime. Thank you for taking your valuable time to tell us how we are doing. We learn something new each day that hopefully we can apply to make the experience even better. Head Golf P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe.

Kelly Plantation

I have played the course several times. The greens are usually very nice but they were bumpy and slow from being aerated earlier in the month. Fairways tees and traps are always nice. They should’ve offered a discounted rate for subpar greens or told us they were still bumpy from being aerated.

Wonderful golfing experience

A truly superb well maintained lush course. Holes are well laid out with q few bay views, and mostly woodland tracts that offer risk reward options in most cases. Greens are receptive and contours are playable with smooth rolls. Staff is super friendly and there are lot of local member players.

Commented on 09/01/2019

"Superb well maintain lush course" What an opening statement. I see you played just after aerification and spoke about how smooth the greens were, that is certainly a testament to how well Turf care does in maintain the golf course. "Staff is super friendly" which is the part I like to see the best in these reviews. There simply is no substitute for kindness and appreciation of the men and women that choose to spend their hard earned money here. Please come back and visit us soon. We would enjoy having you back. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Kelly Plantation

I’ve played this course several times and the greens were the worst I’ve ever played. It looks like they were aerated about three weeks ago but we’re still slow and bumpy. Definitely not worth 100+ dollars per round. I’ve played several times in the past and the course has been very very nice.

Commented on 09/01/2019

Thank you for your review of your experience. Each year golf courses have to aerify the golf greens in order to keep them in pristine condition. This practice does make for some bumpy areas on the green and its something we prepare for by lowering our normal rates substantially. I see that every time you have played in the past you have found the course in immaculate condition as far as the rolling of the greens. It is a month long process from start to finish to get the greens fully healed. Please come back when this has occurred and I am sure you will find that the you will experience the greens that you are used to from Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Thank you again for taking time to tell us your thoughts, we are listening. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020