Kelly Plantation

Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.
Kelly Plantation Golf Club
Combination P/S 72 5664 yards 68.0 119
Sterling 72 5436 yards 66.9 117
Mangolia 72 4989 yards 65.0 112
Scorecard for Kelly Plantation
Couples M: 74.6/137 373 560 165 401 443 548 410 194 439 3533 550 411 240 525 446 150 447 207 590 3566 7099
Plantation M: 71.6/128 353 537 154 378 394 506 381 170 373 3246 521 392 189 507 422 133 424 178 509 3275 6521
Palmetto M: 69.1/121 328 502 146 324 366 431 343 160 349 2949 488 359 156 475 393 128 389 169 477 3034 5983
Sterling M: 66.9/117 W: 71.8/127 301 464 137 316 335 419 333 128 322 2755 425 334 149 440 361 118 337 136 467 2767 5522
Magnolia M: 65.0/112 W: 69.3/119 257 432 109 302 329 380 313 117 317 2556 382 327 123 407 355 91 333 124 440 2582 5138

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates Bob Cupp (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2016 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2017 #11) (2016 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #22) (2016 #21)

Commented On 10/02/2018

Thank you for rating your experience here as 5-STARS. We strive to make sure each person that chooses to play here gets their money worth as golf can be expensive. To have you choose to play here means a lot as there are so many wonderful golf courses in the area. We look forward to seeing you again. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe.

Other than the round costing 145 bucks and the starter, who failed to help me out and continued to talk to a co worker with me standing five feet from him, it was an amazing round. Course was in imacualte shape from tee to green. Greens were fast and true and i would definitely playt there again in a heart beat.

Commented On 09/22/2018

Guest service is our number one goal here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Thank you for letting us know how we can get better at that. Your review was very honest and we appreciate that. Golf is very expensive so we put the extra effort in making sure the golf course reflects the amount spent to play it. Thank you for returning to play every time your on the Emerald Coast and thank you again for your very valuable feedback. We are listening. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

As Usual Kelly Plantation is Excellent

while some of the other courses around seem to be struggling this year , Kelly Plantation did not dissapoint.

Commented On 09/14/2018

I write back to these reviews because we truly care about how the guest experience is here at Kelly Plantation. I cant explain what it means to us that we hear that our valuable guest enjoy themselves while playing. It is above all else that you feel welcomed and appreciated while here. Thank you so much for coming back each year to play. We continue to strive to be the best we can be from course conditions to genuine Southern hospitality. Thank you for taking your valuable time to tell us how we are doing. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Expensive, but worth the extra money. Course was in great shape, pace of play was perfect.

Commented On 09/16/2018

Thank you for the kind review. We want each guest/member to feel as though their hard earned dollar goes a long way here. In recognizing this we provide a golf course with fantastic conditions and a winning attitude from all of our staff. There are so many wonderful golf courses in this area so we try and separate ourselves with the extra touches like chilled Mango Towels given during the round to keep you cool during the hot summer days. You can also grab an ice cold apple as you make the turn to hole #10. With two beverage cart attendants you never have to wait for your favorite beverage to be served on the course. Doing all the little things we believe add up to a truly unique golf experience that can only be found at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We welcome you back soon. Thank you for being a part of this special place. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Commented On 09/11/2018

With all the wonderful golf courses in the area I am glad you chose to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club. It is important to all our staff that we provide an atmosphere that our guest feel truly appreciated and welcome. The course is in terrific condition at this time of year. Thank you for taking time to review the course and let us know how we are doing. We welcome you back soon. Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional.

Only thing better then the course was the people running it. Looked like the heat may have got a couple of the greens. Still a very nice an very well kept course.

Commented On 08/31/2018

Thank you for the kind words. We always want to show our appreciation to our guest that choose to play at Kelly Plantation. We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions and hope that you return to play the next time you are in town. Thank you again for taking time to tell us how we are doing. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Commented On 08/08/2018

Jimmie, thank you for the 5-STAR review. It is always great to see that our very important guest feel that they got their monies worth during their visit with us. The course is in tournament condition right now. The summer has been kind to us with the showers in the afternoon and the warm Florida sun. It has really made the course thrive. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional. Ashton Crowe

Commented On 08/02/2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. I noticed you did not feel that pace of play was up to par. It is a part of the experience here at Kelly Plantation to help players enjoy the course in a timely manner. The Pace of Play host remains on the course throughout the day to help insure this happens. There are challenges we are faced with that sometimes cause golfers to fall behind what is considered a proper pace. We implement strategies like tending the flag, raking bunkers and even offering golf balls to the groups who may spend a little too much time searching for errant shots. Please come back and visit with us again, we would enjoy seeing you. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

If you have never played Kelly Plantation in Destin it needs to be on your list. It is a little pricey but I did find the course just about a notch above most other courses in Destin. It is not cheap so I won't be playing it everytime I go to Destin but maybe every other. Wish it was a little cheaper but it is a great course and in great shape. Be prepared, it is a challenge. I recommend!

Commented On 08/08/2018

Thank you for the wonderful insight to your experience here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. You are certainly right in saying golf can be expensive I would agree. Keeping this in mind we try and give each guest that spends their hard earned money here a first class golf experience. From the smiling faces that greet you at bag drop, the chilled apples at the turn, the ice cold mango scented towels that we give out during your round, these are just a few of the little things we do to show our appreciation to you joining us for golf. The course speaks for itself so we want that to be coupled with true southern hospitality at its finest. We hope to see you again here soon, thank you again. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe.

Well worth the money

Absolutely pristine condition, greens were well groomed as was the rest of the course. The practice facilities were outstanding. No complaints at all very pleased with my experience.

Commented On 08/02/2018

I am excited and pleased you found your hard earned money was well spent here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We are a family owned Business that recognizes that golf can be expensive and we try and show our guest how important they are to us by providing great golf conditions with a winning attitude from our Professional Staff. Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe.

Excellent track

Large greens. Well groomed fairways and bunkers. Aesthetically pleasing to the eye from the tee box. Greens still had signs of recent aeration (holes) but rolled well. Probably punched 4-6 weeks ago and almost healed. Minimal effect on putts.

Would love to play again. Pace with four some four hours exactly. Very friendly staff.

Great course and a great staff

This place has amazing customer service and the course was in great shape and I’d love to play here again. I highly recommend this to anyone in the destin/pcb area

Commented On 07/26/2018

The OUTSTANDING customer service was such a kind statement to make. We take great interest in our guest that choose to spend their hard earned money here. I am glad to see it was recognized by you. Thank you so much for letting us know. Please come back and play again when your on your next vacation to the Emerald Coast. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe, a fellow Kentuckian as well.

Commented On 07/26/2018

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review. It is great to see that our guest are enjoying themselves as they spend time here. I hope to see you come back and play the next time your here in Destin.

Commented On 07/19/2018

Thank you for rating your experience as a five star. We certainly put a lot of effort in having our very important guest feel like a member for the day. The course is in fantastic condition with great putting surfaces. Please come back and visit us soon. We would enjoy seeing you again. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

Solid Course

Awesome course. Very well maintained and top-notch. The greens were excellent -- very fast and true. Overall, I highly recommend this course if you are in Destin, FL for vacation and want to play a nice course. It is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Well worth the $$.

Commented On 07/26/2018

Thank you for the review of our Golf Club. There are certainly some wonderful golf courses in this area. Here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club we pride ourselves in the outstanding course conditions and staff friendliness. This is what I feel is our best attribute. Golf can be very expensive so we offer price breaks throughout the day to help accommodate each patron. Thank you again, we hope that you choose to return for another great round of golf here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

Nicest Course In Destin Area Hands Down

From the moment I arrived this place was first class. You are treated like royalty here. The staff at the course are very friendly and the course itself was icing on the cake. The views on Holes 3 and 4 are amazing. I definitely will be back.

Commented On 07/19/2018

"Nicest Course In Destin Area Hands Down". That is certainly a big statement considering all the wonderful golf courses in the area. Friendliness is our top priority as the course speaks for itself. Turf Care does an outstanding job by keeping it in tournament condition day in and day out. I can't thank you enough for the kind words and choosing to play here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe.

Very Nice!

I played the 11am Hot Deal and it was very hot but very nice course at that price. Regular price is outside of my norm. Staff were friendly and helpful when I arrived, also out on the course. Drinking water available every 4 hole. Course was in nice shape, tees and fairways great,, rough would eat a ball...Greens were large, fast ( to me) and smooth, couple of them were being repaired and rough around edges.

Commented On 07/14/2018

July golf in Destin certainly can be very hot!!! We hand out chilled Mango scented towels to our guest and members to make the round more enjoyable. Thank you for saying the staff was very friendly. That is something we try and make sure we are second to none at. We appreciate your patronage. It is very important that we try and make sure each guest is treated with kindness and shown the appreciation they deserve. It sounds like you had a wonderful time while playing the course. Turf Care has done an exceptional job with the conditions and we couldn't be more proud to present Kelly Plantation Golf Club to each and every guest. Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Ashton Crowe

Commented On 07/09/2018

Commented On 07/06/2018

Thank you for the great 5 STAR review. We certainly strive to give each and every patron top notch service, accompanied with superior course conditions each and every day. Realizing that golf can get very expensive we try and make you feel as though you get more than you pay for. The staff truly cares about each person that walks through our door. Turf care puts great pride in their efforts and we believe it shows well. Thank you for giving us a chance to showcase our efforts. We welcome you back very soon to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

Over rated

Played other courses in the Destin area that are just as good and not as expensive

Commented On 06/29/2018

Thank you for the review of our Golf Club. There are certainly some wonderful golf courses in this area I would agree. Here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club we pride ourselves in the outstanding course conditions and staff friendliness. This is what I feel is our best attribute. Golf can be very expensive so we offer price breaks throughout the day to help accommodate each patron. Thank you again, we hope that you choose to return for another great round of golf here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida