Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Bob Cupp (1998) Michael Riley (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Snacks, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Must play

Absolutely the best course I have played in a long time. Tee to green was spotless. Pace of play was a little slow but not the courses fault. Must play again. Pricey but worth it. Staff was very helpful and friendly. If you are in the area, this is a must play course.

Awesome Coarse!

First time playing here and I signed up to come back before I got thru 3 holes. Such a nice tract. Tee boxes are pristine, greens are fast, and the overall coarse is just amazing. Nothing unfair about this coarse! Challenging and rewarding at the same time....just hit your fairways and every other shot will just fall into place. Can't say enough good things about this coarse.... Worth every Penny!

Awesome course

Excellent layout with scenic views. Great greens! Will definitely play this course whenever I visit Destin.

Amazing course with a country club feel.

This course was incredible. Very difficult but fun course with amazing views of the bay. Carts have GPS and they tell you what Frey Couples did on every hole so you can compete with the best!

great course, but flow issues

Loved the course, was in great shape and always enjoy playing here. However, apparently a two-some who was supposed to play with us cancelled or no showed, and in front of us was a FIVE SOME (not sure why they allowed this). Instead of asking us if we wanted to tee off a few minutes early, we got stuck behind them. They were very slow, hacking up the course and not filling divots, we were constantly waiting for several minutes every hole and they were never waiting on a group in front of them. We called the clubhouse to encourage them to play faster or let us play through, but we were told they were technically "on pace". Could have been a simple fix but they totally dropped the ball in my opinion.

Great Course!

Played Kelly Plantation (36 holes). Very fair course, great layout and greens roll extremely true. Staff was extremely helpful. Would definitely recommend!

Nice track and in really good shape

Second time playing this course and glad I went back. The only problem is the group in front of us held us up all day! Several times they dropped extra balls and practiced even though we were waiting to hit our shots. No marshal , so no help with a group that had no golf etiquette. Course lay out is nice and was in very good shape!

Commented on 07/29/2020

Thank you for the 5 star rating. It is always a pleasure to see that we are meeting or exceeding our high expectations. Thank you for letting us know your kind thoughts and that you enjoyed your day with us. Please come back soon, we would enjoy seeing you. Ashton Crowe Head P.G.A. Golf Professional.

Terrific course

My favorite course in the Destin area. Great layout and great value! Put it on your list to play - multiple times!!

Commented on 07/24/2020

5 STARS across the board. It is the patrons that allow us to achieve such high expectations. We try and impress each person that gives us their valuable time to make lasting memories while making friends along the way. Giving and taking time to truly get to know our members and guest is our most important attribute. It allows us to maintain a level of service second to none. Please come back and see us soon.

Nice morning round

Kelly in prime shape, great stAff, entire facility top notch. Chicken cordon bleu sandwich outstanding too !

Commented on 07/24/2020

Thank you for commenting on us being in PRIME SHAPE. Turf Care puts hours of back breaking work into making sure your golf experience is one to remember. The staff really has a great attitude and wants to provide service at the highest level. We appreciate you noticing. Please come back and visit us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Good experience

First time there staff was super, course in excellent condition would recommend if looking for course in Destin.

Commented on 07/24/2020

First time playing the course and it sounds like we delivered what we promised. In this time of despair across the U.S. its nice to help give a glimmer of happiness from the staff. We are pleased we made your round one with positive memories and hopefully gave you a place to relax while the outside world keeps revolving. Please come back and visit us again as soon as you can. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Kelly rocks!

Great course, a little slow play due to THAT threesome . Greens very. consistent and true

Just scroll back up and book that tee time!!

I can’t vouch for the reviews that are not more recent. However, I played this course yesterday and the conditions from the tees to the greens were exceptional. My tee time was 4:07 and I was done by 7:45. I never felt rushed, which is always great. Enough holes for you to pull out the driver and feel totally safe to grip it and RIP IT! Not too many tight fairways and the greens are playing fairly fast. The fact that this course is open to the public is beyond me. If you’re not from the area(like me) and you appreciate hospitality, this staff will not let you down. I was well taken care of from the moment I checked in, to the moment I dropped off my cart. The ONLY downfall is you can not bring your own mini cooler. But you’re there to play golf and appreciate one of the most beautiful public courses in the US. GO HOGS!!

Commented on 07/22/2020

It is reviews like this that solidify my desire to be a Golf Professional. Knowing that we have given an experience that will have positive lasting memories is second to none in my opinion. You taking time to tell us about your experience allows us to gauge how we are doing and if we are checking off all the boxes that our very important members and guest demand and deserve. Knowing you were greeted with a smile and left with nothing but great things to say makes for a winning combination. Golf can be challenging and somewhat frustrating as we all know. We are thrilled you didn't feel rushed as we were very busy on this day. It is a testament to your proper golf etiquette and our pace of play Marshall staying on top of pace. The cooler is a mandate that is set in place by law due to alcohol restrictions. We do offer coolers once you arrive and drinking water on every third hole to keep you hydrated. One of the most beautiful public course in the U.S. is a compliment I will never forget. You have given me a lifetime memory as well and I am grateful for that. God Speed to you my friend. We hope to see you back real soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

First off a fine day!

Played in 1:48, course in great shape, greens freshly rolled, fast and consistent. Great facility

Commented on 07/19/2020

Now that is our NEW COURSE RECORD. 1 hour and 48 minutes. Impressive. I need to check the speed of our carts. I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and complimented the course in the manner you did. We really enjoy hearing of our patrons taking the time to tell us about their experience so thank you. Please come back soon and enjoy another day at the race track. :) Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Semi-Private/Resort
Semi-Private/Resort

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.