Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Bob Cupp (1998) Michael Riley (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Snacks, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Great Experience

I absolutely enjoyed getting to play this course. It was only two days after Hurricane Sally but it was great. I’ll definitely be back. Great course, great staff... loved it.

Commented on 09/20/2020

The Hurricane came and went and our Turf Care department was here the very next day making sure the golf course was ready for play. They take great pride in their work and truly want our guest to feel they get their monies worth. Thank you for joining us for a day at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We hope to see you back hear real soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe.

Better course than I am a golfer!

Great conditions tee to green. Fast greens rolled true and the fairways were almost perfect. Highly recommend a round here, but bring a few extra balls!

Commented on 09/13/2020

Thank you for recognizing the Turf Care Departments commitment to providing outstanding course conditions day in and day out. We all strive to give the finest golf experience we can provide. Matching great conditions with a winning attitude from the staff makes coming here a special event. We are happy you shared the experience with us. Come back and see us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

Excellent as usual

This is a round that is not cheap, however i did not nor have ever felt that it was way overpriced.like other courses .The condition was excellent and the staff was friendly. We love Kelly Plantation!

Commented on 09/20/2020

Golf can be very expensive so we want to make sure our guest feel welcome from the first tee to the 19th Hole. The staff enjoys getting to know our patrons and truly makes the round feel special. I am pleased you experienced a great time while here. Please come back and see us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

Commented on 09/13/2020

Staff Friendliness I see you rated as excellent, among other high markings you gave in your review. Thank you for doing this. It allows us to know where we are headed and if our goals are being reached. Please come back and visit us again. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

20th round at Kelly this year

Great course, recovered totally from aeration. Everything tip top

Commented on 09/10/2020

Your 5-Star rating is greatly appreciated. I am happy you thought very highly of your experience here. Our Turf Care department and Golf Shop staff take great pride in making sure everything is tournament ready for round of golf. Please come back and visit with us soon. We would enjoy seeing you again. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Commented on 09/07/2020

Thank you for the excellent 5 STAR review. We try and make every guest feel important and like a member for their visit with us. Please come back and see us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Wait for every shot

Spacing between groups was horrible. Every hole was a wait, and I was a group of 3. On 18, I counted 4 groups.

Commented on 09/07/2020

Pace of Play is something we take very serious. We understand golf should be played in 4 hours or less. It is not often we every see a group go over this mark. Having 4 groups on 18 is a bit much. With it being a par 5 reachable for some in two, it does get back up sometimes. Thank you for the review and the 5 star experience you felt you received. Please come back and see us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Solid course

Good people, nice atmosphere there. Practice area was awesome nice correct yardages. Big putting green and chipping area. Water every 3 holes is nice. Cold towels are nice touch. Food is good in the clubhouse great setting there.

Course was in pretty decent shape, greens were punched while back and just getting good and healed up, still lil bumpy here in there. Fairways pretty decent shape.

Good course for all handicaps plenty tees. 5 par 5s 5 par 3s on the course makes it fun.

For the rates for Destin it’s about right. Definitely worth playing

Commented on 09/07/2020

It seems like you covered all the things we strive to make sure are at the forefront of our expectations. We are happy we met them. Your recommendation to play here is greatly appreciated. Please come back and se us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Early round before the rain

Snuck one in early. Course in great shape, almost fully recovered from aeration. Everything else fabulous. Staff very friendly as always. My favorite in Destin, played 50 rounds in and around Destin and 25 are here,

Commented on 08/31/2020

Thank you for your loyalty to Kelly Plantation Golf Club. It is great to hear that we are providing a great experience with the Golf Course and the Staff friendliness. We think both the condition of the course and the way our guest are treated are equally important. It is something we feel we excel at and it seems to be noticeable from our reviews. Thank you for taking time to let us know your feelings about us. Come back soon and play. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Thank you for the kind review. 5-stars really lets us know we are doing the little things that make a big difference. Please come back and play us again the next time you are visiting the area. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe.

What happened to the service?

First time to visit destin and selected Kelley Plantation for its great reviews.

TL:DR - Course is beautiful but service was below average at best for the price.

Let’s get the good out the way... the course was beautiful, well maintained, and picturesque. Only knock is the greens were recently aerated, but can’t blame them for that. Starter John was great as well!

The bad .... we ordered lunch from our cart to pick up on the turn. The food menu was good, but you couldn’t pick a side with your meal (it’s pre-selected).

We go in to pick up our food and ask if we can get French fries instead of chips (would have customized or ordered a side if we could but cart didn’t allow for that). The bartender asked us if we were playing on the course, we said yes, and then they told us “you are limited to 5 min in the clubhouse”. So we asked how long it would take to make the fries and the bartender told us there are other orders ahead of ours so longer than 5 min. We asked if we could wait and he said no, we are limited to 5 min in the clubhouse on the turn.

If this were a busy Saturday afternoon, I would completely understand and support that policy too. On the the day we played, the course was dead. In fact, when we tee’d off, the starter told us there were no tee times following ours for an hour. We never saw anyone else on the course the whole time we played (which was actually really nice!). Still have no idea why we ushered out of the clubhouse with such haste on a dead afternoon?

Also, as a side note, the carts do not have ice coolers. This is a simple addition to a cart that makes a tremendous difference to keep drinks cool, especially in the Florida heat, which is surprising becuse courses for half the cost have it.

When we finished our round, we loaded our own clubs back into our vehicle as there was no one there to assist us. When we were completely loaded, someone finally came up and asked us if we needed any assistance but we had already loaded and cleaned our own clubs.

Overall, the course the beautiful and picturesque and we really enjoyed the “golf”, but for a course that has a price tag of $149 a round, the service was just disappointing. I’ve played courses for half the price with better service.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Thank you for your review. I would like to address the positives first. The course is in fantastic shape as you mentioned. As far as the greens they are 3 weeks out of aerification so the high rate is $129.00 instead of our normal rate of $145.00. Each golfer can order food as they approach hole number 9 with the prompted menu on the GPS screen. This allows golfers to pick up there food at the turn in a timely manner and not lose their place on the golf course. In your situation with the fries we do take orders to golfers on the course so I am not sure that wasn't mentioned to you. We give bags of ice and coolers on the beverage cart and at the restaurant. Having coolers on the cart we feel is not sanitary at this time especially. Our bag drop staff wipes down clubs after each players round so I apologize for falling short on that. Guest service is something we deeply respect and take pride in as you can see in other reviews. When we have such I expectations from our guest it is disappointing to see we fell short of those expectations. I would like to welcome you back as soon as you can, to get the experience and service you deserve. Thank you again for your insight. We use it to get better at what we do. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe

Kelly Plantation is in great shape! We had a blast! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. We will definitely be back

Commented on 08/27/2020

This is exactly what we want to hear!!! Course condition is something our Superintendent Kevin Churchill takes great pride in. With his leadership and an amazing staff that follows his vision we feel we are second to none in this area. The Golf staff makes sure each patron feels welcome and very appreciated so I am happy to hear you echo that. Please come back and see us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe

Early AM round

First off, course in great shape, recent aeration of everything healing nicely.. by mid Sept will be spectacular! Friendly staff, Bob the starter and a great guy.. have played Kelly 12-15 times this year, always top notch.

Commented on 08/23/2020

Actually remembering a staff member by their name is certainly a testament to the impact they have on providing top notch service. This is what we try and build on day in and day out. We have a fantastic golf course and the staff really presents it well and believes in what we do. That philosophy has served us well for many years and is hopefully one of the reasons you continue to come back year after year. We thank you for your loyalty. Come back and see us soon. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe.

Great layout and fun course

Greens had just been punched otherwise condition rating would have been a 5*.

Great course to play if you visit Destin area.

Commented on 08/22/2020

Thank you for the high rating. To keep our putting surfaces healthy and smooth aerification is a necessary evil if you will. It is not something we like to do but we lower our rates to compensate the maintenance practice. I was pleased that you recognized our efforts and gave us a 5 star rating. It is very important we listen to our guest/member input to make this a MUST PLAY destination year in and year out for everyone. Please come back and see us soon. Warm regards, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe.

Must play

Absolutely the best course I have played in a long time. Tee to green was spotless. Pace of play was a little slow but not the courses fault. Must play again. Pricey but worth it. Staff was very helpful and friendly. If you are in the area, this is a must play course.

Awesome Coarse!

First time playing here and I signed up to come back before I got thru 3 holes. Such a nice tract. Tee boxes are pristine, greens are fast, and the overall coarse is just amazing. Nothing unfair about this coarse! Challenging and rewarding at the same time....just hit your fairways and every other shot will just fall into place. Can't say enough good things about this coarse.... Worth every Penny!

Semi-Private/Resort