Kelly Plantation

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Couples 72 7099 yards 74.6 137
Plantation 72 6453 yards 71.6 128
Combination P/P 72 6134 yards 70.1 123
Palmetto 72 5904 yards 69.1 121
Combination P/S 72 5664 yards 68.0 119
Sterling 72 5436 yards 66.9 117
Mangolia 72 4989 yards 65.0 112

Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

cdwayne's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Commented on 04/12/2018

Thank you for the "Good" review. We fell short of the 5-stars we were looking for. Please come back and visit us soon so we can showcase the course in a 5 star way!!!

Steven3945820's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Commented on 04/05/2018

THANK YOU FOR THE 5-STAR RATING. WE ARE HAPPY TO SEE WE ARE HOLDING UP TO OUR REPUTATION.

"Bad day on the course"

brawnb's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

We were a foursome. The starter told us we could go 10 minutes early, on time or up to 20 minutes late because it was a light day and the course would be open behind us. We chose to hit a few practice balls and go on time.

As we were leaving the tee area a twosome came to the tee behind us. By the second hole they were pushing us. On the 3rd tee we let them play through.

By the time we reached the 3rd green there was another twosome behind us pushing us.

In the 4th fairway a ranger came out and yelled at us for being behind and holding up the course.

On the 5th tee we let yet another twosome play through. On the 7th tee we let another twosome play through.At the turn we spoke with the starter and explained there was no way a foursome could stay ahead of twosomes and we were not enjoying the situation forced upon us. He told us to ignore the warnings and enjoy our round.

on the 11th tee we let another twosome play through.

Again on the 15th tee another twosome.

On the 18th hole as we were finishing up another twosome was coming behind us.

A very frustrating day on a poorly managed golf course!

Commented on 04/05/2018

Let me start off by saying thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. Protocol for two-somes is to pair them up when possible. The challenge we run into on slower days is that's two-somes may be several tee times apart so pairing them up just doesn't happen. As you know two-somes tend to play faster than foursomes and can run up on them fairly quickly. I can certainly tell you that your situation should of been met with kindness and it sounds like you didn't feel this is what happened. Our main concern is making sure each golfer that chooses to spend their hard earned money here is treated with nothing but genuine courtesy. I am happy to see you still gave us a 5 STAR review in light of the experience with our pace of play host. Please let us have another chance at showing you our full potential in guest relations. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am the HEAD P.G.A. GOLF PROFESSIONAL here. I would enjoy meeting you in person and thanking you for your insight.

smashfactor's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

Commented on 04/03/2018

Thank you for the recognition in the 5 STAR rating. It is always a pleasure to see that we are seen as providing top notch service on a well maintained golf course. Thank you again and come visit us soon.

tjdemski's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

Even though the greens had been sanded they were in great shape. Very quick, very resceptive to high shots into the green. Very well designed and cared for golf course. Will play it again.

Commented on 03/30/2018

The greens are well maintained through making sure we do the necessary maintenance that they require. I am glad you recognize this as a positive thing and not a negative one. Sanding the greens (Top Dressing) insures a smoother roll and keeps the speed up to where our guest/members like it. We are glad you enjoyed a day of golf with us. Please come back and visit us soon. We will be excited to host another great day of golf at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Overall, the course layout was as expected."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Upon entering the faculty, my wife and son were excited about playing the course. However, we were greeted by the rudest person that checked us in. I asked a simple question about receiving a junior rate for my 13 year old and the man responded that I should have called them directly and not booked through Golf Nowa and he would not give my son a Jr rate. Ended up paying the rate for my son. I visit Destin often, but I will never play this course again due to the attitude I received from the first person I spoke to at the course.

Commented on 03/27/2018

Staff friendliness is one of our upmost attributes. I apologize that you didn't feel you received a courteous response to your question. When you book a HOT DEAL through GolfNow you are actually paying them directly so we don't receive the monies for that tee time. In response to why we couldn't give you the junior rate this is why. You had booked a HOT DEAL so the money was received from GolfNow and not Kelly Plantation so there was no way to return monies to you for the difference you paid. I can see how this could be perceived as being rude and I certainly want to clear that up as best as possible. We try and make every guest feel welcomed and accommodate our guest request to our best ability. I hope you choose to play here again as we would like the opportunity to make you feel more welcomed. Having a guest not being treated to what they feel is welcoming is not something to be repeated. Thank you for the response.

wilsojo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Commented on 03/27/2018

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating. We certainly want you to enjoy yourself while you are here. It is nice to see you did just that. Please visit us again soon.

"Will Play Again"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2018
First time playing Used cart

Took my son to go play golf for the first time at Kelly Plantation. We are average golfers and this course was by far the best course we have played thus far in our short playing career. We were very impressed with the facilities and the staff. They were all top notch. We will play again when we are back in Destin for our vacation in the future.

Commented on 03/26/2018

Father and son outings are so special. We are happy to hear we were a part of your great day. Thank you for the kind review and noticing that the golf course was in fantastic shape and that the staff was "Top Notch". It is certainly something we pride ourselves in, both outstanding course conditions and a truly caring staff. Please come back and visit us soon, we would enjoy seeing you both again.

barryernst's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2018

Commented on 03/22/2018

THANK YOU FOR THE FIVE STAR REVIEW ***** COME BACK AND VISIT US SOON. WE WOULD ENJOY HAVING YOU!!!

"Best Greens Anywhere"

eastdallascc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

I would put these greens up

Against anything I have ever played. Fast and very true. Ball would land and roll forward

a little to a lot even on well struck shots. So much more fun than playing soaked and rootless

Bent greens.

Entire staff was first class. Highly recommend

Commented on 03/20/2018

"First Class Staff" and "Fast and True" Greens. That is a winning combination. We are glad you felt that way while visiting us. We try and make every experience for our guest and members an enjoyable and memorable one. Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to another round with your group. Come back and see us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2018

Commented on 03/20/2018

Thank you for the 5-STAR review. It doesn't get any better than that. We look forward to your safe return to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Nice layout and new greens"

mwlind921's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The course has always been fun to play, but the new greens were fantastic.

Commented on 03/20/2018

FUN TO PLAY!!! The greens make it that way I would agree. They are true and allows in great condition. Our Turf Care Department and Head Superintendent, Kevin Churchill take great pride in every aspect of the golf course and it shows. I am glad you recognized this. Please come back and play us again. We would enjoy having your group.

"Too many twosomes"

whoknew's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2018

Play was slow due to excessive number of twosomes scattered between threesomes and foursomes. Course should pair twosomes together. The twosome in front of us actually invited us to play with them as we were both waiting on every shot.

Commented on 03/20/2018

Thank you for the great review. It is our policy to pair every single or two-some up at the first tee box. The challenge that we find is that some two-somes want to play alone and on days that we can accommodate those request we try to. Days that we high levels of play we pair everyone up. Pace of Play is certainly one of the most important parts of enjoying a golf round so I am grateful for your feedback. We want each and every guest to enjoy a round of golf at a reasonable pace. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Lovely course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2018

Fast greens, excellent conditions and a joy to play. Absolutely playable for men and women, traps are plentiful and tough. Highly recommended!

Commented on 03/20/2018

Thank you for the great review of the golf course. The greens here at Kelly Plantation are certainly a joy to play on, I agree. We try and make the golf course enjoyable for all skill levels, for both men and women. I am glad you recognize this. The bunkers are well kept which helps to get out of them if you happen to venture that way. Please come back and enjoy another round of golf with us. As the weather gets warmer the greens will only get better.

"Great course layout"

karen7820020's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2018

The folks outside that put your bags on the cart for you, the starter, beverage cart lady and the folks at the bar were very nice, friendly and sociable.

Commented on 03/08/2018

What a great review!!! We certainly enjoy seeing our guest have fun and like to feel we are a part of the experience. The staff tries to make our guest feel appreciated and that we truly care about them while they are here. Thank you again for recognizing this. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Great Course!"

Lou8700384's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2018

This course was awesome! Great layout, very scenic, great condition. Just a little pricey...

Commented on 03/02/2018

Thank you for the great review and the insight to how your round went. Golf can certainly be expensive so we try and make sure each guest experience is top notch from arrival to having drinks with friends after the round. We value each and every person that chooses to spend their hard earned money here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and see us soon.

Al1983726's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/27/2018

Commented on 03/01/2018

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate any feedback that you can offer. Making our guest feel welcomed is our number one priority. The Golf course is in fantastic condition and we enjoy showing it off to everyone. Please come back and play again the next time your on the Emerald Coast.

"Kelly Plantation"

Matthew7249676's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2018

Was a tad disappointed in the overall shape of the course. May have just been the time of year, but was expecting it to be more plush and green than it was. However, the greens were in great shape. They were fast and putted 1000% true. Best greens in the Destin area that I've played in the last few years. Really nice course and would recommend it to anybody coming to the area. For the money, I'd recommend either booking a Hot Deal here, or go somewhere else. In my opinion the course is priced a little bit higher than it should be.

Commented on 03/06/2018

Thank you for the great review!!! You are correct with the assessment of the time of year. Bermuda grass has a transition period from the winter to the spring and needs warmth to reach maximum potential. We are starting to peak after such a harsh winter. The course is in fantastic condition and in a few days with the warm weather we should be reaching our potential with grass growth and greenness. I highly suggest you visit us again when the weather has warmed and we are at peak potential. I am certain you will be impressed.

"Fun course!"

u000005207036's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2018

Overall a nice course but the tea boxes could definitely use some work.

Commented on 02/26/2018

Thank you for your review. I would like to discuss further what you are referring to about the tee boxes so we can address your concern. Please call Head P.G.A. Golf Professional Ashton Crowe at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We enjoy hearing from our patrons. Thank you again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2018

Commented on 02/25/2018

Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW. It is always great to see that our guest feel as though they get their monies worth when playing here. We hope that you return to play again soon.