Kelly Plantation

Sterling 72 5522 yards 66.8 115
Sterling 72 5522 yards 72.1 126
Palmetto 72 5170 yards 70.9 124
Mangolia 72 5138 yards 69.6 113

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

bucksm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Extremely fast and difficult greens. The green were very good but I was not accustomed to the extremely fast greens that they have in the fall and winter. It was difficult adjusting since none of the other courses I played were much slower.

very good course to play with excellent pace of play even though the course was very busy.

Commented on 11/30/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. We really like to hear that our guest enjoyed playing on our Tif-Eagle golf greens. They certainly are very fast, but true. We pride ourselves on maintaining a proper pace of play for all to enjoy. It is something we know that our members and guest appreciate. I want you to know we value your input and would like to see you return to play the next time your in Destin. Safe travels and we will see you soon.

Buzzy44's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Friendly staff.

Interesting variety of holes.Sand in traps inconsistent.

Excellent greens.

Commented on 11/26/2017

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. I am super pleased to see that you felt the staff was attentive and friendly. That is certainly one of the very many ingredients for having a great round of golf. We offer many exciting golf holes with excellent greens as you spoke about. The consistency of the sand should of been the same throughout the course so I will have to look into that. We use the same sand for every fairway and greenside bunker we have. Thank you for letting us know how to get better at what we do. We look forward to your safe return to play.

flanjl's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Commented on 11/16/2017

Thank you for the 5 STAR review. We strive to give our guest the best golf experience available for their hard earned money. From start to finish we want each patron to feel they are a part of something special while they are here. Thank you again for visiting us and we hope to see you soon.

"Kelly Plantation Golf Course"

semaj0921's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Really enjoyed this course, challenging but very playable. Course was in excellent condition. Facilities were outstanding. A little ecpensive but worth the price

Commented on 11/13/2017

Thank you for the kind words and for taking your valuable time to review the golf course. We feel it is imperative that we offer a course that can be as challenging or as you like or as playable as you like. In doing so we offer many sets of tees for all skill levels. The generously wide fairways allow you to be aggressive off the tee and set you up for an iron into the green. Golf can be very expensive so we make sure your dollar goes a long way here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club by offering day in and day out great conditions and what we feel is the best service from staff members that you will find on the Emerald Coast. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing. We are certainly listening.

"Kelly time"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Course was in great shape. Greens were near perfect. Starters old friends by the time we teed off. Fun day

Commented on 11/10/2017

Thank you for taking time to review the golf course. It was nice to see you said the greens were perfect. The Turf Care team does an outstanding job in keeping them consistent and rolling true. The staff enjoys talking to our guest and it sounds as though you enjoyed them as well. I was pleased to see this was a great day of golf all the way around. Please come back and see us very soon. Thank you again.

"My 9"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Went out on a Sunday pm round ,taking advantage of a great Golf Now rate and had a great time. My wife was with me and I explained to the marshal that she is a novice. He could not have been nicer. Actually there were 2 and we had a great visit. The greens were immaculate. Great speed. Not a bad lie anywhere.

Commented on 11/07/2017

I am excited to see you felt welcomed here while you and your wife played. We certainly want to accommodate all skill levels and it sounds as though we did just that, so thank you for letting us know. Being new to golf can certainly be overwhelming at times so we try and make it to where each person feels comfortable playing here. Thank you for the review, and we hope to see you here again soon.

"Great day"

Keith1499339's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

Spectacular greens. Best I have ever played. Rolled so smoothly and at a nice quick speed. First class operation from check in to practice area to cart service. Must play while in the area.

Commented on 11/03/2017

Service is our number one priority!!! The Turf Care Department gives us the best course conditions that I have ever seen so we try and make the entire golf experience one that is memorable and enjoyable for everyone. Saying the greens are "The Best You ever Played" says a lot and we are so thankful for that. The staff here will enjoy reading your comments so I will pass it along to them. Again thank you so much for taking time to let us know how we are doing. It is very important to us to get this feedback so we can keep up the positive experience for others to enjoy. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Great day"

Bob9088448's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Great course set up. Tough but fair. Greens we're fast and true

Commented on 11/02/2017

THANK YOU!!! We appreciate you taking your valuable time to rate our golf course. The new Tif-Eagle Greens are something we are very proud of and I am glad to see if made for an enjoyable round of golf. I like the fact you said the Golf course was tough but fair. The Turf Care Department does an outstanding job with course set up and I am happy it is showing. The conditions of the course are as good as I have seen them in many years. Thank you again for choosing to play here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We welcome you back very soon.

"Over crowded"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

After 4.5 hours lost daylight and forced to quit after 14 holes. Literally 18 golfers backed up on the first par 3 of the back 9. Booking this many golfers without caring that so many had no chance to complete their round shows the course puts profits over customer experience. Won’t return to this course which is a shame as it’s a nice course.

Commented on 10/29/2017

Thank you for your review. Customer service is our number one goal here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club, so I am sorry you feel the way you do. I want you to know that we certainly are listening to your concerns and wish you had a chance to finish your round of golf. We offer a discounted rate after 2pm which is extremely popular due to its price. Knowing this we keep a full time Pace of Play staff member and use G.P.S. to monitor pace of play. Some groups can be a challenge to speed up but we certainly give it our best to do so to insure everyone has a good time. I do want you to sincerely know that our main objective is to make sure every one that spends their hard earned money here is truly appreciated and that we put service far and above anything else. It sounds that you feel different about that. I would strongly encourage you to come play again and give us a chance to show you different. Again thank you for taking time to tell us about the course and your rating is very much appreciated.

"Good Track"

Michael2936942's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

One of the best in the area. But, I’ll never say that a course is good value when I have to pay north of $100. Just No need in that. Now, the cart girl, brooklyn, went out of her way to do an exceptional job for us.

Commented on 10/24/2017

We appreciate the time you took to let us know you enjoyed your round. Golf can be very expensive so we are thankful you chose to play here. In an effort to keep our golf course in pristine condition it takes a lot of hard work and investments. We try and keep your hard earned dollar going a long way here and certainly want you to feel the value you get after you have played. From the service to the great course conditions we want each and every guest to feel they were treated to something very special here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We welcome you back very soon and thank you again for spending the day with us.

novojm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

Commented on 10/24/2017

Thank you for taking time after your round to let us know how we are doing. There are so many great golf courses in the area so for you to choose to play here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club certainly means a lot to us. Please come back and visit with us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

Commented on 10/24/2017

Thank you for the 5-star rating. I am glad you enjoyed the day of golf with us. Taking time to review the course is certainly appreciated. Please come back and visit with us soon.

Todd6197029's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

Commented on 10/19/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. We strive to insure that our guest relations are as great as our course conditions day in and day out. We really are excited to see we are exceeding the standards that we set forth for our guest.

"Solid course...will play again!"

ikeandarb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Just flew in town and it was the first course I've played in Florida. All of the staff are excellent. My interactions with everyone from the time I pulled up until the time I left was outstanding.

To be fair, there is nothing at all wrong with this course. Course is in very good condition. The greens roll great and course is overall very playable. The ONLY two reasons i gave the course a 4 instead of a 5 star rating are as follows:

1. Layout is gorgeous but it's not that difficult. I'd venture to guess that it's designed for older players which makes perfect sense. The fairways are pretty wide despite a couple that'll make you put the driver down. Overall, the course is pretty easy, in my opinion.

2. The rate was discounted to $79 which I have no problem playing. But for basically $80 I was expecting something a little more difficult for the money. I've paid less for tougher courses in the same condition and the rate I had again, was discounted.

So overall, my experience was great and I'll play here again.

Commented on 10/16/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. The Golf course designed by Freddie Couples was made for all skill levels to enjoy. It sounds like you played very well on this day. I enjoyed reading your comments about the staff kindness and the great course conditions. These two things combined make for a great day of golf. We feel that the rates are very fair with the wonderful experience we provide. Its lasting memories that we are looking for and it sounds like we achieved this with your visit. Please come back and visit us again soon.

"Freddie couples at his best"

blucky64's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

When Freddie design this course he did an exceptional job got the most out of the property beautiful right on the midbay so glad I came and played this course my only complaint was with the starter in older guy John just cranky not wanting to send you out at your schedule tee time just to accommodate his own needs besides that fabulous course I will definitely play her again just left a little bad taste in my mouth.. I just want it known the rest of the staff would have been a five-star John brought it down to a three-star all on his own

Commented on 10/15/2017

Thank you for taking time to rate your experience at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I am very pleased to hear that your experience with the Golf Course was a 5 star rating. We are certainly listening to your comment about the first tee host and I will do some research as to what could of possibly happened to make you feel this way. The staff is one of the most important parts of the golf experience here at Kelly Plantation and a breakdown in service can certainly affect that experience. We don't want that to happen, so I will personally take responsibility and see what we can do better so you don't feel that way again. Thank you again for all the kind words and we welcome you back to the Emerald Coast and Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Well manicured"

Charlie1017's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Played this through golf now and got a great deal and was able to get paired with someone who plays there, the starter was very helpful, the golf course was in perfect shape, the green were perfect, would definetly go back

Commented on 10/17/2017

Thank you for the kind words and the effort you took to rate your experience here when you played. I was especially pleased to hear the course was in perfect shape and the greens were perfect. These are certainly great assets to our Golf Course, and to see that the starter was helpful really completes the overall package. Thank you again for allowing us some insight as to how we are doing. We are listening.

"Best around"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Great course with slick, fast greens! Bay views are unreal. Best in the area!

Commented on 10/13/2017

The Greens here are one of our most valuable assets. They are as true as I have ever putted on. Pick your line and it stays on it. There goes any excuse I could come up with for missing a putt!!! I am so pleased to hear that you gave us a 5 STAR review. The staff here really values these reviews and we work hard to achieve the 5 Star ranking. Thank you for helping us stay on top. We certainly appreciate you taking time to review the course, please come back and visit us soon.

rpdurr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 10/12/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. We hope that you enjoyed your round of golf here and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

"Staff member gives us his time..."

Danny6575673's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

First of all what a great course. I’ve been so busy in the past year, this is my first time on golf course. Although I have chipping and driving capabilities on my land, which I have used very little.

On hole #4 we were waiting on the group in front to finish and noticed a single coming behind us. The plan was t let him play through, because my buddy and I are usually the slow group.

Jeremy J. a staff member offered to join us and we didn’t want to slow him down, but he said he didn’t mind. This turned into a great round and several tips of what not to do. Jeremy made our afternoon a pleasure

Commented on 10/10/2017

Thank you for commenting about Jeremy Jakins. He is a very valuable team member of the Turf Care Department. It is awesome to hear that he helped make your experience an enjoyable one. I am so happy to hear you chose Kelly Plantation Golf Club to spend the few hours you had to play golf. It is certainly what we like to hear, that a staff member made your day an enjoyable one. Please come back and visit with us soon.

"Great condition on fairways and greens."

Dgedde's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

Very good experience. Nice practice areas. Staff is very friendly. Snack shop needs to be better prepared to have food on menu ready to sell.

Commented on 09/28/2017

Friendly staff and great course conditions is what we strive for. Thank you for recognizing our hard work. We sure want each and every guests experience one that can be remembered. It is so nice to know your dollar went a long way. Please come back and visit us soon