Kelly Plantation

Sterling 72 5522 yards 66.8 115
Sterling 72 5522 yards 72.1 126
Palmetto 72 5170 yards 70.9 124
Mangolia 72 5138 yards 69.6 113

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

"Royal treatment!!"

starkrls's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016

I have NEVER been so well treated and welcomed as a golf now purchaser than I was at this course. The staff was fantastic, course was in great shape and we played as a twosome in 3 hours. The greens are a little firm, as some previous reviews stated, but hey, you just gotta play for that. Great day, great experience.

Commented on 08/12/2016

The words certainly stand out as I was reading them. To say you have "Never" been so well treated is a gesture that really makes this job worth everything it took to get here. I believe the staff here truly wants each and every guest to feel like they are a long time friend that they haven't seen in a while. The kindness the staff shows is a reflection of this. We have a short time to get to know our guest so we try and take every opportunity to do so. I have made life long friends at the golf course and certainly feel that can happen with anyone. The Golf Course is in great condition as you stated. It really has been a fantastic year for course conditions for many courses in the area. There are many great golf courses in the Destin area so we are extremely happy you chose us to play. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please visit us again and stop by and say hello. I would like to meet you in person to thank you for your kind words.

Todd6197029's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

Commented on 10/19/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. We strive to insure that our guest relations are as great as our course conditions day in and day out. We really are excited to see we are exceeding the standards that we set forth for our guest.

"Solid course...will play again!"

ikeandarb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Just flew in town and it was the first course I've played in Florida. All of the staff are excellent. My interactions with everyone from the time I pulled up until the time I left was outstanding.

To be fair, there is nothing at all wrong with this course. Course is in very good condition. The greens roll great and course is overall very playable. The ONLY two reasons i gave the course a 4 instead of a 5 star rating are as follows:

1. Layout is gorgeous but it's not that difficult. I'd venture to guess that it's designed for older players which makes perfect sense. The fairways are pretty wide despite a couple that'll make you put the driver down. Overall, the course is pretty easy, in my opinion.

2. The rate was discounted to $79 which I have no problem playing. But for basically $80 I was expecting something a little more difficult for the money. I've paid less for tougher courses in the same condition and the rate I had again, was discounted.

So overall, my experience was great and I'll play here again.

Commented on 10/16/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. The Golf course designed by Freddie Couples was made for all skill levels to enjoy. It sounds like you played very well on this day. I enjoyed reading your comments about the staff kindness and the great course conditions. These two things combined make for a great day of golf. We feel that the rates are very fair with the wonderful experience we provide. Its lasting memories that we are looking for and it sounds like we achieved this with your visit. Please come back and visit us again soon.

"Freddie couples at his best"

blucky64's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

When Freddie design this course he did an exceptional job got the most out of the property beautiful right on the midbay so glad I came and played this course my only complaint was with the starter in older guy John just cranky not wanting to send you out at your schedule tee time just to accommodate his own needs besides that fabulous course I will definitely play her again just left a little bad taste in my mouth.. I just want it known the rest of the staff would have been a five-star John brought it down to a three-star all on his own

Commented on 10/15/2017

Thank you for taking time to rate your experience at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I am very pleased to hear that your experience with the Golf Course was a 5 star rating. We are certainly listening to your comment about the first tee host and I will do some research as to what could of possibly happened to make you feel this way. The staff is one of the most important parts of the golf experience here at Kelly Plantation and a breakdown in service can certainly affect that experience. We don't want that to happen, so I will personally take responsibility and see what we can do better so you don't feel that way again. Thank you again for all the kind words and we welcome you back to the Emerald Coast and Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Well manicured"

Charlie1017's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Played this through golf now and got a great deal and was able to get paired with someone who plays there, the starter was very helpful, the golf course was in perfect shape, the green were perfect, would definetly go back

Commented on 10/17/2017

Thank you for the kind words and the effort you took to rate your experience here when you played. I was especially pleased to hear the course was in perfect shape and the greens were perfect. These are certainly great assets to our Golf Course, and to see that the starter was helpful really completes the overall package. Thank you again for allowing us some insight as to how we are doing. We are listening.

"Best around"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Great course with slick, fast greens! Bay views are unreal. Best in the area!

Commented on 10/13/2017

The Greens here are one of our most valuable assets. They are as true as I have ever putted on. Pick your line and it stays on it. There goes any excuse I could come up with for missing a putt!!! I am so pleased to hear that you gave us a 5 STAR review. The staff here really values these reviews and we work hard to achieve the 5 Star ranking. Thank you for helping us stay on top. We certainly appreciate you taking time to review the course, please come back and visit us soon.

rpdurr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 10/12/2017

Thank you for the EXCELLENT rating. We hope that you enjoyed your round of golf here and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

"Staff member gives us his time..."

Danny6575673's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

First of all what a great course. I’ve been so busy in the past year, this is my first time on golf course. Although I have chipping and driving capabilities on my land, which I have used very little.

On hole #4 we were waiting on the group in front to finish and noticed a single coming behind us. The plan was t let him play through, because my buddy and I are usually the slow group.

Jeremy J. a staff member offered to join us and we didn’t want to slow him down, but he said he didn’t mind. This turned into a great round and several tips of what not to do. Jeremy made our afternoon a pleasure

Commented on 10/10/2017

Thank you for commenting about Jeremy Jakins. He is a very valuable team member of the Turf Care Department. It is awesome to hear that he helped make your experience an enjoyable one. I am so happy to hear you chose Kelly Plantation Golf Club to spend the few hours you had to play golf. It is certainly what we like to hear, that a staff member made your day an enjoyable one. Please come back and visit with us soon.

"Great condition on fairways and greens."

Dgedde's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

Very good experience. Nice practice areas. Staff is very friendly. Snack shop needs to be better prepared to have food on menu ready to sell.

Commented on 09/28/2017

Friendly staff and great course conditions is what we strive for. Thank you for recognizing our hard work. We sure want each and every guests experience one that can be remembered. It is so nice to know your dollar went a long way. Please come back and visit us soon

athordlivetogolf1996's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 10/03/2017

It is great to see we exceeded expectations from Staff Friendliness through Course Conditions. It is something we strive to make sure we do to get our guest their hard earned monies worth. I hope you return the next time you visit the Emerald Coast!!!

TimGreeson's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Great course, nice challenge from the #2 tees. Greens were fast but true. Will defenitly play KP again our next trip to the area. The staff was great & very friendly. Overall great experience and a nice round of 76.

Commented on 09/26/2017

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. It is members and guest that provide us with the insight to help us grow and get better at what we do. We are appreciative of all the kind words. Please come back and see us soon.

"Kelly Plantation"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Great round at Kelly. Loved the course. Highly recommend to anyone who likes a casual game

Commented on 09/26/2017

Wow!!! Thank you for the Awesome review. We are certainly pleased to see we met our high expectations for our golf course and the staff. Please come back and visit soon. We would enjoy trying to make the next experience even better.

"Golf shop???"

golfrocket's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Golf shop person ignored me For a full minute. Just did not acknowledged I was there. Finally did ask my name. Then was short about joining up with another person. Great course. Could use customer service lesson.

Commented on 09/19/2017

Thank you for reviewing the golf course and giving us your personal insight. We certainly pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service so to hear you felt ignored is something I will look into. We are always looking to get better at what we do and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I hope you return to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club again soon.

"Greens the speed of light"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

Wow what a beautiful course. Great online discount on morning of round. Was to be paired with 3 but they let me and one other go off on our own a bit early. Played in 3 hours. My tee to green game was fairly solid. When I reached the green, the fun began. They were lightening fast and I never adjusted. 3-putted numerous times. Traps were very good as I landed in a few times, had nice outs on all. Id love to play here again.

Commented on 09/08/2017

Thank you so much for the Wonderful review. We pride ourselves on the conditions of the greens and the whole course. I was pleased to see that you felt Turf Cares hard work is paying off. We hope you return soon to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Course is fun and challenging"

trinitydecatur's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Overall great experience. Not so difficult that's its overwhelming depending on tee box.

Commented on 08/31/2017

"Great Experience", that is what we are looking for in what we provide. The staff here really enjoys seeing our guest and members have a great time. From the moment you pull into the parking lot to when the last putt drops we want you to feel welcomed and appreciated. That is what the experience is all about here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. The Golf Course speaks for itself as far as conditions. The Turf Care Team really puts great pride in their product and works hard so our guest and members are treated to great conditions day in and day out. Thank you for taking time to tell us how we are doing and thank you for spending your hard earned money here. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Great time"

u000005191380's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

Beautiful layout fast greens very challenging. would play again staff very friendly and helpful

Commented on 08/29/2017

"Great Time" I really enjoy hearing that. Its the experience we are looking for. There are so many wonderful golf courses in the area. Here at Kelly Plantation we try and separate ourselves with genuine Southern Hospitality. Your hard earned money deserves to go a long way and we try and provide a golf experience that is second to none. Its comments like yours that make us strive to do so. We really appreciate you taking time to tell us about your golf round and look forward to your safe return.

"Awesome Experience."

Jim5317924's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2017

I booked this course based on a friend's recommendation and I'm sure glad I asked. This was a great overall experience and a nice layout which was in great condition. The cold towel and the barrel of apples topped the day off.

Commented on 08/26/2017

"Great Overall Experience" is what we are looking for when someone visits our golf course. The course conditions are always in great shape so we try and match that with our customer service. We recognize that golf is expensive and we certainly want your dollar to go a long way here. Please come back and visit us again soon.

"Great Golf Course"

tmaxtn1958's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Love this golf course. Service is always very good. The wet / melon towels on a hot day are a great touch. Course is in very good condition. It can be a challenging course but that's what makes it fun. Sand traps are kept in good shape better than most in the area.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Thank you for the kind review. It is wonderful to know that you took time to share your thoughts about your experience here. The Turf Care Department does an outstanding job at keeping the golf course in amazing condition. We are fortunate to have such a caring group of individuals and that truly think about our guest and the hard earned money they spend to play here. Thank you again for your views, we are listening.

"Great layout"

jaybird56's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Couples and his team put together a beautiful course almost like we were inland instead of by a bay

Commented on 08/23/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review. We really try and make the experience at Kelly Plantation Golf Club one to remember. From the excellent course conditions to the great layout we feel we offer something for every golfer. Please come back and visit us soon, we would enjoy seeing you. thank you again.

"Best in the area"

SRM529's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

I've played 7 or 8 courses in the area over vacation during the past few years and this is easily the nicest. Very scenic with quite a bit of sand and water, the holes are challenging but fair. Well manicured fairways with fast rolling greens. Careful, the well kept rough will eat some golf balls. Friendly staff, and a bit pricey, but they all are down here. Only minor complaint would be some stray piles of grass clippings scattered on a few fairways, but looked like maintenance was tending to the course whenever they could work in between holes. I'll be sure to return on future visits.

Commented on 07/27/2017

"Best in the Area" Thank you for the recognition. That says a lot with all the wonderful golf courses in the area. We are fortunate to have a piece of land that offers the amazing views of the Choctawhatchee Bay. It makes for a very scenic round of golf. The architect and Fred Couples did a great job placing the holes to maximum views of the water. The rough is very thick during the rainy season in Florida which also makes for fantastic fairways and lush greens to putt on. It is a challenge to keep all the grass picked up but as you noticed our Turf Care department does an amazing job and really cares about the course. I want to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here and would like to thank you in person. Have safe travels and we hopefully will see you again soon.

"Review 1st time to play course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Outstanding course. Play a lot of nice courses in Dallas, Alabama, Louisiana, Cabo etc. good quality course. Paid $70 to play. At $145 it would be a little pricey. Solid $90-$100 course.

Commented on 07/27/2017

Thank you for the kind review. you have put us in some great company for golf courses in some beautiful areas of our country. I am happy to see we are on top of your list!!! Golf can certainly be expensive and we recognize this by adding to the golf experience in several ways. While playing our patrons here receive Ice Cold Mango Towels from our full time Pace of Play Host. This makes the hot days more bearable. Also we offer Ice Cold Apples after you complete nine holes. The G.P.S. on every cart is touch screen so it certainly helps to enjoy the round and assist with pace of play. We offer drinking water on every third hole to help our guest stay hydrated in the summer sun and our beverage cart service allows our patrons to see two young ladies, one on the front nine and one on the back. This all together with the outstanding course conditions gives our guest, what we feel is a great value for a great golf experience. I hope this shows the care and value that we build for your hard earned dollar. We appreciate you visiting us and certainly welcome you back.