Kelly Plantation

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Couples 72 7099 yards 74.6 137
Plantation 72 6453 yards 71.6 128
Combination P/P 72 6134 yards 70.1 123
Palmetto 72 5904 yards 69.1 121
Combination P/S 72 5664 yards 68.0 119
Sterling 72 5436 yards 66.9 117
Mangolia 72 4989 yards 65.0 112

Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

"Royal treatment!!"

starkrls's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016

I have NEVER been so well treated and welcomed as a golf now purchaser than I was at this course. The staff was fantastic, course was in great shape and we played as a twosome in 3 hours. The greens are a little firm, as some previous reviews stated, but hey, you just gotta play for that. Great day, great experience.

Commented on 08/12/2016

The words certainly stand out as I was reading them. To say you have "Never" been so well treated is a gesture that really makes this job worth everything it took to get here. I believe the staff here truly wants each and every guest to feel like they are a long time friend that they haven't seen in a while. The kindness the staff shows is a reflection of this. We have a short time to get to know our guest so we try and take every opportunity to do so. I have made life long friends at the golf course and certainly feel that can happen with anyone. The Golf Course is in great condition as you stated. It really has been a fantastic year for course conditions for many courses in the area. There are many great golf courses in the Destin area so we are extremely happy you chose us to play. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please visit us again and stop by and say hello. I would like to meet you in person to thank you for your kind words.

"Nicest Course In Destin Area Hands Down"

mssports104's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

From the moment I arrived this place was first class. You are treated like royalty here. The staff at the course are very friendly and the course itself was icing on the cake. The views on Holes 3 and 4 are amazing. I definitely will be back.

"Very Nice!"

timbuck99's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

I played the 11am Hot Deal and it was very hot but very nice course at that price. Regular price is outside of my norm. Staff were friendly and helpful when I arrived, also out on the course. Drinking water available every 4 hole. Course was in nice shape, tees and fairways great,, rough would eat a ball...Greens were large, fast ( to me) and smooth, couple of them were being repaired and rough around edges.

Commented on 07/14/2018

July golf in Destin certainly can be very hot!!! We hand out chilled Mango scented towels to our guest and members to make the round more enjoyable. Thank you for saying the staff was very friendly. That is something we try and make sure we are second to none at. We appreciate your patronage. It is very important that we try and make sure each guest is treated with kindness and shown the appreciation they deserve. It sounds like you had a wonderful time while playing the course. Turf Care has done an exceptional job with the conditions and we couldn't be more proud to present Kelly Plantation Golf Club to each and every guest. Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Ashton Crowe

Tim2060172's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 07/09/2018

Bryan7621901's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Commented on 07/06/2018

Thank you for the great 5 STAR review. We certainly strive to give each and every patron top notch service, accompanied with superior course conditions each and every day. Realizing that golf can get very expensive we try and make you feel as though you get more than you pay for. The staff truly cares about each person that walks through our door. Turf care puts great pride in their efforts and we believe it shows well. Thank you for giving us a chance to showcase our efforts. We welcome you back very soon to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Over rated"

buzzard6's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

Played other courses in the Destin area that are just as good and not as expensive

Commented on 06/29/2018

Thank you for the review of our Golf Club. There are certainly some wonderful golf courses in this area I would agree. Here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club we pride ourselves in the outstanding course conditions and staff friendliness. This is what I feel is our best attribute. Golf can be very expensive so we offer price breaks throughout the day to help accommodate each patron. Thank you again, we hope that you choose to return for another great round of golf here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Top course on gulf"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

Played recently. Greens a bit slow with recent aeriation, but what a beautiful, fun, challenging course. Put this course as #1 must play on the gulf coast. Greens are huge, easy to read, and consistent. Staff friendly.

Commented on 06/24/2018

"TOP COURSE ON GULF" I really appreciate you putting us on top of all the wonderful Golf Clubs in this area. There are really some fantastic ones so that speaks volumes. The course has really had some nice weather to allow the conditions to be outstanding. We are grateful you chose to Play Kelly Plantation Golf Club and speak so highly about your experience. Thank you for the kind words about the friendly staff. We enjoy hearing that we are living up to our high standards. Please visit us again soon.

"Best Course in Destin"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I've played nearly all the courses in the Destin area and there are none better than Kelly Plantation. Layout is fabulous, and course is always in excellent shape. Regatta Bay is a close 2nd, but i like the layout of Kelly Plantation better, and the views of the bay are amazing. Will always play here when visiting the area.

Commented on 07/04/2018

Thank you for the great review!!! We certainly strive to give our patrons and members the best golf experience possible. Having return guest is something we try and achieve by providing outstanding course conditions year in and year out. Thank you for recognizing this. It really lets us know we are on the right track for success. See you back here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

3,5 hip played for 50 yrs. Excellent layout in excellent condition. 10 days after aeration greens very puttable but a bit slow. Generous fairways . Overall would highly recommend

Commented on 06/20/2018

Thank you for the kind review of our Golf Course. Coming from a well established player it is nice to see you enjoyed the day with us. Turf Care has done an outstanding job with the post-aerification of the greens like you spoke of. As you know it is necessary to do this maintenance practice to insure we have healthy greens year in and year out. The speed of the greens will increase each day but more importantly they are rolling true. Thank you for spending your hard earned money to play here, we certainly appreciate it. We want to welcome you back anytime.

"Pristine golf course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

This course is one of the top notch courses in Destin. Only complaint is that the greens had been freshly sanded while playing. Played this course 5 or 6 times now. Always make it a point to play here every year. Highly recommend this course.

Commented on 06/16/2018

Saying we are a "Top Notch" course in Destin says a lot. There are so many wonderful golf courses in Destin so I am thankful you recognize us this way. We try and make sure our putting surfaces always have a good pace to them and are smooth so sanding them from time to time helps us do that. I am with us on several occasions pleased you have played and always welcome you back when you are in the area. Thank you again. Head P.G.A. Golf Professional, Ashton Crowe.

"Very nice course"

watty9006's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2018

The staff was friendly, the course was nice and in great shape!

Commented on 06/03/2018

"Superb course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

Best course I’ve played here in Destin, and all year. I love the character and speed of the greens.

Commented on 06/01/2018

Best course you played all year!!! I like the sound of that. Turf Care has done an amazing job getting the course in tournament condition day in and day out. Their consistency to provide outstanding conditions is second to none. I am thrilled you are telling us about your experience here. I will pass this along to them as I know they will be proud and very thankful to hear. Please come back and play here soon. We certainly welcome you back to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"I love this course!"

r80667s's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

This is one of my favorite course in the Destin area. It is always immaculate and can be as challenging as you like. The greens were rolling at an even pace throughout the round. The staff are friendly and accommodating. I enjoyed every moment of the round and look forward to playing again on my next visit to the area.

Commented on 05/31/2018

I appreciate you playing here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. With you returning every year that says to us that we are on the right track. The course could not be in better condition and the staff is here to welcome each person that visits us. Thank you for taking time from your day and spending it with us. We welcome you back anytime!!!

Commented on 05/26/2018

Thank you for the 5 STAR review. It really makes us feel like we are providing the product that we advertise, and that is a great golf experience with winning attitudes from staff and a well manicured golf course at a reasonable price. There are many great golf clubs in this area so we are so appreciative of the patrons that choose to spend their hard earned money here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon. We would enjoy hosting another great day of golf with you and friends. Have a great Memorial weekend on the Emerald Coast.

"Hit it straight"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

Enjoyed the course. Was in great condition. Just be aware that the course contains fairway, a little rough and jungle (lost ball penalty stroke). The fairways are plenty wide and fair just don’t get careless. Was a fun course.

"Wonderful course"

VanBreezy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

The course is in fantastic shape tee to green. Tough layout but fair. Fast firm greens a must play

Commented on 05/25/2018

The greens are certainly fast!!! Thank you for telling us about your experience here. The course is in fantastic shape like you say. Turf Care has done an amazing job in getting the course in top shape for the season. The course can play as challenging or as easy as you wish. We have 5 sets of tees to choose from depending on what you are looking for. Thank you again for recognizing us as a MUST PLAY venue. We want to make sure you come back and play us soon. Thank you again.

"One of my new favorites"

Joltofholt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Nice layout, range, staff. Greens were pretty good, course in good shape overall. I tend to play at the private clubs in the area and found Kelly Plantation to be the best public course in the area. $145 was a bit overpriced, but...location location location, right?

Commented on 05/24/2018

We are excited that you chose to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club. The course is in immaculate condition with the warm Florida Sunshine that we have had lately. The grass has really taken off and makes for a great golf experience. Thank you for recognizing all aspects of your golf experience from the staff to the greens. We try and package all this together to give our patrons an experience unlike any other in this area. Thank you for being a part of this special day. Come back and visit us soon, we would like that.

Ajr1210's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

"Very nice course"

golfingtraveler's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

There are a lot of courses around the Destin area and I have now played all of them and Kelly Plantation is among the best. This was my first time at this course but I know I'll return again and again. This was a great experience. Each member of the staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel at ease. The golf course is a wonderful and scenic layout with surprisingly wide fairways. There are five teeing areas so you can have a choice that fits your skill/comfort level. The course was in great shape and made for a very pleasant afternoon of golf.

Commented on 05/24/2018

You are absolutely correct, there are many wonderful golf courses in this area. We are pleased you rated us a one of the best. With the company we are around... that says a lot. Staff friendliness paired with outstanding course conditions by our Turf Care Department truly make for an experience unlike any other. We are glad you were a part of it. Please come back and visit us soon as we would enjoy being a part of your trip to the Emerald Coast each time you visit. Thank you for taking time to tell us how we are doing.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

Excellent staff welcoming friendly knowledgeable. We'll be back.

Also enjoyed visiting with helpful friendly bartender Jason

Commented on 05/20/2018

I could not be happier than to see the first sentence written was "Excellent Staff". It is the people here that really stand out. The course is always in fantastic condition. The Turf care department are the ones that deserve the praise. I am very proud to present such a great golf club and to get to meet all the wonderful people that play here. I will pass along the well wishes to Jason. He truly is a special person and will enjoy hearing the kind words. Please visit us again soon.

"Excellent Course!"

footmans's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Well designed for high risk/high reward players. Challenging, yet fun to play. Fairways were a little fast. However, greens were in good shape. Cold Apples on the 10 hole were a plus!

Commented on 05/22/2018

Thank you for the EXCELLENT review. Turf Care tries to keep the fairways perfectly manicured and always lush. We find that most golfers like a balance between a ball that sits up in the fairway and having a fairway run out to acquire more distance. It can be challenging but it sounds like we have done just that. I enjoy hearing that you had fun while playing here and we welcome you back very soon to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club.