A view of green #18 at Indian Hills Golf Club

Indian Hills Golf Course.

Year Built 1986
Greens Penn-Links Bentgrass

Dress code Golf attire consisting of collared shirts, shorts or slacks, and golf shoes are preferred on the course.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Great Value! Great Staff!

Course staff extremely helpful and polite. Course is in good shape and had some fun challenging holes. If it remains in this condition or better, it will become my local "go-to" course for casual fun with friends and practice. I have already booked by second tee time!!

Worth the money

Fun course. Worth the time and money. Pace was great and everything was in good shape.

Course in great shape

Everything was great played early on a Wednesday for 31.00. Course looks better every time I play it. Staff was god and friendly and also warmed us that the had just laid sand on the greens. Only thing that was negative about the round was a couple of slow players in from that took awhile to let us get past them.

All-around solid course

The greens were rolling perfect and the fairways were as flush as they have ever been. I remember 5-6 years ago when this course had hardpan for fairways and it’s come so far since then.

Snack shop made us chicken salad sandwiches from scratch at the turn, and they were solid.

We showed up a couple minutes late for our tee time, but the guy in the pro shop was extremely kind and understanding. Can’t say enough good things about the staff.

In summation, the course has great bang for the buck and we’ll definitely be back.

Decent course for the money

The course stays busy, the pace of play on a weekend is glacial. There have been several times that I have left on 13 or 14 due to the pace of play and waiting on three or four groups ahead. They are building a new green for hole 5. Which is great because the current green is terrible, it holds water, the grass in the center is patchy or nonexistent. The first three holes and the eighth hole are parallel to the train tracks, which stay busy with train traffic due to the General Mills plant behind. The fairways and greens other than 5 are in great shape. The course holds water like a sponge so if it drizzles rain it’s cartparth only for two days afterward.

Indian Hills

Nice course although a little confusing for first timer. Not many challenges re:bunkers, etc but nice pace.

Plays Twice a year

First outing since covid

I felt very safe playing this course. We had a great time!

Nice course great value

Course was in good shape weather was perfect it was a good day. Still doing covid precautions but didn't impact the game.

Good and Bad

The Good: This course is tough. Some of the hardest greens to read in the Nashville area. Very slopey, tough pin placements. You will 3 putt here a time or two. It’s just going to happen. Course layout is fun. Lots of variety.

The Bad: Some of the greens are in unplayable shape. Two off the top of my head, 4 and 6, are just gone in the collection areas. I wouldn’t even really care, but why put the pins anywhere near these dead spots? There’s a good portion of both greens that have grass on them. Move the pins and rope off the green where it’s dead. It’s not playable.

It’s a cheaper course, so it’s still worth it for what it is. I honestly enjoy the layout. It feels like Florida somehow. Just needs some TLC on a couple greens and some more fair pin placements because of it.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the greens are very important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

COVID19 CDC Guidelines

In a short time Indian Hills Staff has seamlessly converted the golf course into a safe location, strictly and appropriately following CDC guidelines.
The course is in good shape, some greens are currently being worked on and the new maintenance crews are respectful of players playing thru work areas

Review

Had to stop after the first 9 bc friend hurt his back. Guy running the place said we couldn’t get a credit for the back 9. Can we get a credit through here? Said that was our only chance.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. We will make note and hope to see you back!

Beautiful course

Course is in great shape!! Greens are lightning fast.
They really need to improve on the yardages had to look everywhere to find a yardage marker!!

Good value

Course is coming along well. Tee boxes are and greens are looking and playing nice. Fairways are coming in but are looking good for early spring time . Overall course is in pretty good condition. Just your average affordable course.

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Playing under COVID19 precautions

The course implemented a seamless transition in order to play safely under current limitations; staff is executing a great job.
We had a great time.

Spring is here....

Excellent day, but first I’d like to Send the staff a thank you! Great service as always, players were at a distance, very clean operation. One thing I enjoy is that Indian Hills is very welcoming and I get to meet players from the area. I’m a new resident to the Murfreesboro area and I feel very much at home.

Not worth price right now

Staff was very friendly. The tee boxes were pretty much the only part of the course that had green grass & was nice. Most of the fairways were bare & felt like hard pan, not much grass to play out of. The greens were extremely firm & were a little sandy but rolled pretty well. Pace of play was great, we never felt rushed or had to wait on a busy Sunday morning as our foursome finished right at 4 hours.

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please know that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

FLH