Indian Hills Golf Course

Indian Hills Golf Course.
Yellow 72 5732 yards 67.8 119
Scorecard for Indian Hills
Blue M: 72.9/126 409 380 519 361 214 434 164 542 390 3413 508 368 323 215 388 194 299 578 430 3303 6716
White M: 70.3/123 384 350 504 346 178 401 142 525 367 3197 485 344 323 202 371 171 268 537 407 3108 6305
Yellow M: 67.8/118 W: 72.0/120 374 314 419 339 160 373 131 414 295 2819 469 331 278 181 357 148 255 513 381 2913 5732
Red W: 70.3/118 353 276 393 294 133 327 118 394 278 2566 447 319 242 121 342 132 242 480 346 2671 5237

Year Built 1986
Greens Penn-Links Bentgrass

Dress code Golf attire consisting of collared shirts, shorts or slacks, and golf shoes are preferred on the course.

Excellent Greens

After 2 days of rain, cart path only. Course drained well, fairways were very playable and the greens were excellent!!

Response from Indian Hills Management on 11/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!
Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/19/2018:
We're happy to hear you found the course in awesome shape! Our staff is always excited to hear positive feedback. Thank you for playing Indian Hills and sharing your 5-star experience!
Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!

Between golf now and the course and staff are azzholes

Decent course for the money

Played on a Monday morning. The course was somewhat busy but the pace of play was decent. I'm a 1 hdcp and from the back tee's this course has some challenging holes with narrow fairways and water throughout. both the fairways and greens were in good shape and for the money would definitely recommend it.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
We're happy to hear you found a good value playing Indian Hills. Thank you for rating the course 4-stars!

Pretty Good

I have played here several times and will keep coming back. Every now and then I see some big time negative review, but you get what you pay for. the price is good for the conditions and a local course. the greens were really green, the fairways were nice, and the rough was not too rough. the pace of play is a little irritating and wish there was more time between T times. We had not one behind us after the 2nd hole, then all of a sudden there were 3 groups behind us on 1 and 2. Little strange. Great place though.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and rating the course 4-stars!

good value

I have played here many times in the past, but this was the first time since they replaced the greens. The course was in good shape, lush fairway and fast greens. A great value for $20 with fees. Pace of pay today was great, a little delay on the twosome in front of use from the 12th on, but still finished in right at 3 hours.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
We're happy to hear you found a great value playing Indian Hills. Thank you for the 4-star review!

Great course!

I have always liked this course because of the variety of holes. Several different challenges, including dog legs, water, risk reward shots and green elevation. It was in great shape and the gentleman behind the counter was very friendly. Wish I lived closer so I could play it every week.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and sharing your 5-star experience!

Good course. Fairly narrow. Avoid OB

The course was in good shape when I played. They had received a lot of rain recently so we were not off the cart path, but it wasn't a bad experience.

Unless you go with someone who knows the course, expect a higher score than normal. There are several holes that you need to know when to hold them, and when to fold them.. and only after you've played it a few times will you know when to layup and where you can miss safely.

My handicap is at a 7 right now, but you wouldn't know it watching today's round - so many mistakes and with OB close to the fairway on several holes, the penalty strokes racked up significantly.

It's a great course and I look forward to playing it again next time I'm in town.

A word on the greens, they appear to be in great shape, and they are rolling fast and true. A few had some remnants of sand probably from a top dressing and/or recent aerification, but it didn't affect play.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed a 5-star experience! Thank you for providing feedback on the greens. See you soon!

Well managed course

Played 18 in 3:15 today. Course is well managed. Greens have just recovered aerification; will be back to excellent this week. Nice layout. Worth the money

Response from Indian Hills Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and rating the course 4-stars!

Indian Hills super course

Fairways well maintained, Greens rolling fast. Overall one of the better courses in middle Tennessee.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 08/09/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

The greens are extremely fast and I love that, but they weren't holding very well. I was extremely disappointed in the guy at the front counter. My buddy and I got there early (10:35 for an 11:30 tee time). The course wasn't very busy, so I asked him about possibly going off early. His comment was that since you guys are playing so cheaply, we usually don't accommodate golfnow players. I thought that was inappropriate and uncalled for, at best. I am a 6 handicapper and my partner is an 8. We play a lot of courses all over the south. We will not go back even though I had a great time. This is a public course, but the guy acted like he was an elitist. No thanks.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 08/09/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and rating the course 4-stars! Our tee time notes do state a reservation will only be honored on the selected date and time. Please feel free to call the pro shop with any additional questions.

Slow play

This golf course over all is in very good shape, the greens are very fast. The pace of play on the front nine was steady, our foursome stopped after the front nine to get a drink from the concession stand but the girl was not there, sign said she was in restroom and would be right back, after waiting quite some time we went upstairs to get our drinks and or food. The foursome that was behind us jumped ahead of us on hole number 10. They were clearly members because they had their personal golf carts. Their pace of play was very slow and backed the course up, I did not see one course Marshall the entire day, the round took over five hours. I like the course but they need somebody to control the pace of play.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 07/25/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and rating the course 4-stars! Your feedback is greatly appreciated by our staff. See you soon!
Response from Indian Hills Management on 07/25/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!

Course is really improving

I generally play this course 6-8 times a year for no other reason than it is 25 miles away. If I lived closer, I would play it more often. The course is really improving. There is new signage placed throughput the course. For those who have never played here, I am sure it is helpful especially getting to #8 and #10 tee boxes. The greens are in excellent shape. They are firm but fair, and they roll very true. The fairways are actually better than most in middle TN. They don’t have the hardpan areas like a lot of courses are still struggling with lately. There are still some ground under repair areas, but I personally didn’t find them to be in play. The layout has a great mixture of doglegs and distances. I generally play the white tees, but when the fairways are firm, I’ll play the tips. For the value, especially as a Hot Deal on Golfnow, it’s a steal.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 07/11/2018:
We always like hearing from our regular golfers! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on current course conditions. See you soon!
Response from Indian Hills Management on 07/11/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!
Response from Indian Hills Management on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Not bad not bad

So besides a few bad spots, muddy areas, it actually was a really nice course. I play from the tips, so it was over 6800 yards. It’s long, but not crazy difficult. I shot a 85. My best round so far in TN. Been here for a month. There are some very fun holes and makes you not always pull out the driver. Good variety of holes. Some wide open, so narrow. I liked it a lot and will play it again.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 06/28/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round playing Indian Hills. See you soon!

Nice course and layout. Fairways and greens for most part in good condition. Greens were pretty fast and took some getting used to. Unfortunately, it was very crowded and we got behind a slow foursome resulting in a slow round with waiting a long time a several holes. Despite that it was a good value and would definitely play again.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 06/28/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and rating the course 4-stars. See you soon!

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018